PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre just got reinstated... Will be at family night..

packers11
08-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Heard it on 540 radio... Hes also on his way to Green Bay... Plans to be at family night...

LET THE SHOW BEGIN

BallHawk
08-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Don't believe it. Is the commish's office even open on Sunday?

sheepshead
08-03-2008, 10:13 AM
FAVRE SAYS HE HAS BEEN REINSTATED
Posted by Mike Florio on August 3, 2008, 11:08 a.m. EDT

ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that quarterback Brett Favre has been reinstated to the NFL, and that Favre plans to travel to Green Bay on Sunday.

“He is definitely leaving soon to go to Green Bay,” Werder said.

The report comes from Favre’s claim that he believes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated him. The team’s position is that, because Sunday isn’t an official NFL business day, no action can be taken until Monday.

Stay tuned. The weirdest story we’ve ever seen surely will continue to get weirder.

digitaldean
08-03-2008, 10:14 AM
So he didn't want to report because it would be a distraction, but he reports anyway.

I'm OK with him getting reinstated, but for crying out loud, I'd wish he and the whole Favre entourage would stop making statements they have to back away from in less than 48 hours.

Not surprised he got reinstated. The BS breaking news of him rejecting/accepting the deal was nonsensical.

My opinion, play him as a a backup. If no suitable trading partners are found, you keep him. He does NOT get to call the shots on where he gets to go.

That's the flipside of the contract, the Packers have to pay him $12 million, but he has to go where he gets traded to...regardless who it is. If he doesn't report, that team holds his rights. He's at the point in his career that he can't screw away one season.

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 10:17 AM
ESPN is saying he will report at noon tomorrow. Nothing said about him being at Family Night tonight.

pbmax
08-03-2008, 10:19 AM
This one smells fishy. If Goodell had officially reinstated him, there would be word from the NFL office, wouldn't there?

Also, the Packer's have twenty-four hours to add him to the roster. So if he's going to the game, he will probably need a ticket.

boiga
08-03-2008, 10:24 AM
FAVRE WON’T ATTEND FAMILY NIGHT
Posted by Mike Florio on August 3, 2008, 11:22 a.m.

Per Wendi Nix of ESPN, Brett Favre will report to the Packers by noon on Monday. He won’t be present for Sunday night’s sold-out scrimmage at Lambeau Field.

However, there also are indications that this is Favre’s final power play in an effort to get a deal done that would pay him millions not to play.

Stay tuned.

Well, that's good at least

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 10:25 AM
From ESPN:

The Packers couldn't confirm the reinstatement, and said because it wasn't an offical business day for the league it wasn't possible Sunday.

Most likely Goodell has told Favre he has decided to reinstatement him Monday

GBRulz
08-03-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't know what to believe anymore. I'll say this much, if he shows up to camp I will give him more credit than if he just walks away and takes the 20 mil. I mean, all of this drama was created because he wanted to play, not re retire. If the Packer don't want him on their roster, then trade him already. If he balks at it, then he can re re retire. Or would be be re re re retire?

I don't want to see him cut and go to MN anymore than any of you guys, but at this point if it means getting rid of all these distractions, then just do it.

:doh:

The Shadow
08-03-2008, 10:30 AM
I hope he doesn't intend to bring his dog back to Green Bay with him.

digitaldean
08-03-2008, 10:35 AM
THIS FALLS UNDER THE WTF column......

FAVRE HEADING TO GREEN BAY IN 90 MINUTES
Posted by Mike Florio on August 3, 2008, 11:32 a.m. EDT

Packers quarterback Brett Favre will be leaving Mississippi in ninety minutes with his wife and children and heading to Green Bay, according to Ed Werder of ESPN.

Werder echoes the report from colleague Wendi Nix that the team believes Favre has been bluffing, and that Favre believes the team has been dishonest (i.e., lying) to Favre and to the fans.

We’ll be tracking this one all day. Finally, it appears to be coming to a full boil.

Bretsky
08-03-2008, 10:37 AM
THIS FALLS UNDER THE WTF column......

FAVRE HEADING TO GREEN BAY IN 90 MINUTES
Posted by Mike Florio on August 3, 2008, 11:32 a.m. EDT

Packers quarterback Brett Favre will be leaving Mississippi in ninety minutes with his wife and children and heading to Green Bay, according to Ed Werder of ESPN.

Werder echoes the report from colleague Wendi Nix that the team believes Favre has been bluffing, and that Favre believes the team has been dishonest (i.e., lying) to Favre and to the fans.

We’ll be tracking this one all day. Finally, it appears to be coming to a full boil.

About time; I'm done taking sides. Let's get this shit over with and the commissioner's waffling didn't speed anythnig up at all

Fritz
08-03-2008, 10:38 AM
MM: "#4, huh? What's the name? Fav-er? Fav-ree? Hmm. Okay, son, I wanna see you sprint over to those scrubs - er, rookies - and take some turns with that Flynn kid. You each get six throws for the whole day. Let's see what ya got."

I say just do the dirty deed and trade him to Minny - for even a third, man - and if they won't give you that then apparently the commish is not above a little arm-twisting.

Let's get this over with. If Favre stays inGB as a backiup, it'll never end.

packinpatland
08-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Think he'll have to stop in the ProShop to buy a jersey?

Bretsky
08-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Think he'll have to stop in the ProShop to buy a jersey?

They are making him switch his number to 00 :lol:

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I think the Packers are serious about not releasing Favre, no matter what. I believe MM feels he can handle the situation with Favre there. Brett will have a decision to make. Be the backup, or take the offer.

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 10:41 AM
believes[/b] NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated him. The team’s position is that, because Sunday isn’t an official NFL business day, no action can be taken until Monday.

Stay tuned. The weirdest story we’ve ever seen surely will continue to get weirder.

He believes Goodell has reinstated him? He's not sure???? Ay yi yi!

(Actually, it would be nice if he came and made an appearance at Family Night, and maybe signed some autographs or something.)

GBR, that's what I was wondering too, why not just dump him off to TB whether Favre likes it or not and be done with ir?

GBRulz
08-03-2008, 10:42 AM
You can bet that I will be doing a drive by within the next 3-4 hrs :twisted:

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 10:46 AM
[quote="ESPNothing"
The report comes from Favre’s claim that he believes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated him. The team’s position is that, because Sunday isn’t an official NFL business day, no action can be taken until Monday.

(Actually, it would be nice if he came and made an appearance at Family Night, and maybe signed some autographs or something.)

GBR, that's what I was wondering too, why not just dump him off to TB whether Favre likes it or not and be done with ir?

Why would TB or anyone else trade for Favre unless he agrees beforehand to go there? They would just be inheriting the media circus the Packers are dealing with now.

Rastak
08-03-2008, 10:48 AM
MM: "#4, huh? What's the name? Fav-er? Fav-ree? Hmm. Okay, son, I wanna see you sprint over to those scrubs - er, rookies - and take some turns with that Flynn kid. You each get six throws for the whole day. Let's see what ya got."

I say just do the dirty deed and trade him to Minny - for even a third, man - and if they won't give you that then apparently the commish is not above a little arm-twisting.

Let's get this over with. If Favre stays inGB as a backiup, it'll never end.

I would guess they wouldn't do that, it likely wouldn't set well with the players. I'm sure that's why they are acting like he carries the ebola virus. If they treat the guy fairly while trying to work out a deal it can work I would guess. If they can sneak Flynn onto the practice squad it can work out ok. The other option is cutting him with the last roster cuts.

Patler
08-03-2008, 10:48 AM

A "drive by"? I hope you don't mean that in the context heard in the police departments of larger cities!!!

Fritz
08-03-2008, 10:49 AM
"Brett Favre, come on down! You are the next contestant on...the Price Is Right!"

Favre: "Uh, I'll say that I'd cost Minnesota a second round pick."

Bob: "That's right, Brett! You win an all-expenses paid six-month vacation to beautiful...Minneapolis, Minnesota!"

GBRulz
08-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Come on now, Fritz....it's Drew, not Bob :wink:

pbmax
08-03-2008, 10:51 AM
JSO has a source that confirmed Goodell has reinstated him.

Call was placed to Murphy this morning, Packers have until Monday Noon to make a roster move.

packinpatland
Favre's reinstatement to be announced todayby Jay Glazer
Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and also appears every week on FOX NFL Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8408908/Favre's-reinstatement-to-be-announced-today

The NFL league office will announce later today that Favre will be reinstated to the Green Bay Packers, but that reinstatement will not officially take effect until Monday.
Commissioner Goodell waited for both sides to come to some sort of an agreement. But when they failed to do so, in the end, Goodell felt if Favre wanted to play football that he should be given the right to do just that.

Once Favre has arrived at Green Bay training camp, sources tell FOXSports.com the team will ramp up efforts to trade him. In addition, once he is a member of the team and officially reports, he will no longer have the right to veto any trade.

Favre is expected to be in Green Bay by 3 p.m. CT.

The Packers are scrimmaging Sunday night, but Favre will not be allowed to attend the scrimmage since he technically will not be a member of the team until the reinstatement officially takes effect on Monday

GBRulz

A "drive by"? I hope you don't mean that in the context heard in the police departments of larger cities!!!

Na, in a small city like GB, it translates to taking my dog for a walk past Brett's house :D

digitaldean
08-03-2008, 10:53 AM
And we thought GBRulz stood for "gang banger rulz" ... :wink:

sheepshead
08-03-2008, 10:53 AM
JSO has a source that confirmed Goodell has reinstated him.

Call was placed to Murphy this morning, Packers have until Monday Noon to make a roster move.

Daaaayyymmmmnnn

pbmax
08-03-2008, 10:56 AM
By reporting, Favre loses one method of vetoing a trade, the method of maintaining his retirement. But he can still 1) Re-retire, 2)Fail to report, 3)Fail to agree to renegotiate his contract.

So, really, nothing changes on this front.

Once Favre has arrived at Green Bay training camp, sources tell FOXSports.com the team will ramp up efforts to trade him. In addition, once he is a member of the team and officially reports, he will no longer have the right to veto any trade.

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 10:56 AM

Nah, just think of it in the quiet, neighborly stalker kinda way...she doesn't even have a restraining order against her (yet).

falco
08-03-2008, 10:58 AM
if favre is really doing this as a leverage move to get more money on this "marketing deal", I'll be really disappointed...if it turns out this was all about money and not playing football, and he has used the fans as his tool, I'll have about zero respect left for the man

oregonpackfan
08-03-2008, 10:58 AM

Nah, just think of it in the quiet, neighborly stalker kinda way...she doesn't even have a restraining order against her (yet).

I wouldn't want to cross GBR, that's for sure! :)

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 11:01 AM
LET'S GOOOOOOO.....!!!

Fosco33
08-03-2008, 11:03 AM

I bet traffic (pedestrian/vehicular) on the Favre's street increases 10X by end of day.

Maybe he'll be out in the yard tossing the ball to Deanna (he doesn't have the high schoolers to warm up before arriving).

Here's me hoping that there's 2 press conferences in the next few days:
1. Favre apologizes to GB org (management/players), city of GB and fans for all this b-s
2. Murphy, Thompson and M3 fold and say Favre CAN compete for starting QB role and will not be traded or released

Bretsky
08-03-2008, 11:03 AM
awesome

Favre Reinstated, but can't attend family night

Would be funny if he bought tickets for him and his family and attended

pbmax
08-03-2008, 11:04 AM
BREAKING NEWS:

Peanuts and 7 oz. cans of soda will be all the refreshment available on the plane due to the short lead time.

texaspackerbacker
08-03-2008, 11:06 AM
It's getting a lot like a poker game--bluff and call/raise and raise back.

If this is true--just because the media says so doesn't make it sure, it's a bad sign. Ideally, he would have just taken the deal and faded away. Since that apparently ain't happening, the next best thing is that he is contented to do his individual drills and be at the bottom of the depth chart--that is the Packers counter to Favre's "bluff" of coming in.

Does Favre have an effective counter to that? I don't think so.

Would Favre do his drills for a little while, then give in and take the money to re-retire? Maybe

Would the Packers eventually give in and release him, maybe the day before the season opener? I very much doubt it. Why would they? The only things to be gained by releasing him is the money and the roster spot. I don't think either of those are that big an incentive. The Packers have already shown the willingness to pay two years salary, not just one. The roster spot also isn't that big a deal.

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Don't believe it. Is the commish's office even open on Sunday?

".....this is brett favre here....."

- Randy Moss

imscott72
08-03-2008, 11:11 AM
In addition, once he is a member of the team and officially reports, he will no longer have the right to veto any trade.

Sure he can. He can just re-retire and take the marketing deal.

Rastak
08-03-2008, 11:12 AM
In addition, once he is a member of the team and officially reports, he will no longer have the right to veto any trade.

By reporting, wouldn't the Packers likely yank that deal?

Fosco33
The team’s position is that, because Sunday isn’t an official NFL business day, no action can be taken until Monday.

Thought this was funny because you'd think Sunday would be the most official of business days for the NFL :P

imscott72
if favre is really doing this as a leverage move to get more money on this "marketing deal", I'll be really disappointed...

Can't believe it would be. I can't see how he can need the money since he lives such a simple life, unless his greedy ass extended family is hording the cash.

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 11:13 AM
believes[/b] NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated him. The team’s position is that, because Sunday isn’t an official NFL business day, no action can be taken until Monday.

GBR, that's what I was wondering too, why not just dump him off to TB whether Favre likes it or not and be done with ir?Not gonna happen. THe Packers will have him barred from Lambeau seeing as how he isn't reisntated yet per their claim.

imscott72
08-03-2008, 11:13 AM

I'm pretty sure the deal was to remain on the table whether he played anywhere or not..

sheepshead
08-03-2008, 11:16 AM
The team’s position is that, because Sunday isn’t an official NFL business day, no action can be taken until Monday.

Thought this was funny because you'd think Sunday would be the most official of business days for the NFL :P

Exactly what I was thinking.

imscott72
08-03-2008, 11:18 AM
No flights are scheduled to depart from Hattiesburg to Green Bay yet for today.

imscott72
08-03-2008, 11:19 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/03/favre-on-his-way-to-green-bay-but-negotiations-still-on.aspx

This makes it sound like it is all about the money. Deanna urging to him to force the Packer's hand? I find that hard to believe. Cook, hell yes..

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 11:20 AM
That's because the airport is sick of scheduling flights that never go so they're waiting 'til the last minute to make sure he doesn't change his mind again.

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 11:25 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/03/favre-on-his-way-to-green-bay-but-negotiations-still-on.aspx

This makes it sound like it is all about the money. Deanna urging to him to force the Packer's hand? I find that hard to believe. Cook, hell yes..
I've changed my mind. Favre isn't a scumbag. Favre is a major scumbag.

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 11:27 AM
if favre is really doing this as a leverage move to get more money on this "marketing deal", I'll be really disappointed...if it turns out this was all about money and not playing football, and he has used the fans as his tool, I'll have about zero respect left for the man

OF COURSE thats not the case C'MON its obvious favre isnt tryn to create any more bad will

only cynics fail to see this at this point

against wife's advice he held back from attemptn to report last week remember?

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 11:28 AM

OF COURSE thats not the case C'MON its obvious favre isnt tryn to create any more bad will

against wife's advice he held back from attemtn to report last week remember?Umm he couldn't report last week. The commish held up reistatement, remember?

digitaldean
08-03-2008, 11:31 AM

The rampant speculation is what makes this whole situation worse than what it is.

Both sides should actually sit down and talk to one another and get this resolved in the next 24 hours. Too frickin' bad if BF doesn't trust TT. TT, Packer mgmt., BF and Cook should be in a room to negotiate this and get it over with. If it's about playing here in GB, then they can drag M3 into it.

It's time to also PUBLICLY air what has been said/done between the 2 sides. Fans have heard nothing but he said/she said types of comments for the past month. If Favre felt pressured, come out at a joint BF/GBP press conference and say so. This subterfuge and "sources close to the whatever camp" have got to stop.

Now you have BSPN dragging former Packer greats like Jerry Kramer onto TV to give their two cents worth. The texting of reporters, the conjecture, opinion and speculation of NFLN, BSPN, Fox, et al has made this whole thing into a fiasco.

I DON'T WANT ANY MORE OPINION / SPECULATION / CONJECTURE by anyone affiliated with either side. F****'in grow up, act like adults, get this situation resolved once and for all. If Favre is truly reinstated, tell him that we will ship you to another team that we pick. If Favre wants the money, get a number hashed out and be done with it.

:soap:

imscott72
08-03-2008, 11:34 AM
All I gotta say is if the marketing offer goes up from 20 million then we do know it's all about the money and Favre can officially go to hell..

falco
08-03-2008, 11:38 AM
All I gotta say is if the marketing offer goes up from 20 million then we do know it's all about the money and Favre can officially go to hell..

i would agree, but not because favre is trying to get more money out of the deal - simply the fact that it would mean he never wanted to play that badly, and was willing to damage the team, management, and fans to get his $$$

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 11:38 AM

against wife's advice he held back from attemtn to report last week remember?Umm he couldn't report last week. The commish held up reistatement, remember?

which is y i said "attempt" to report....if he faxed papers last monday...

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 11:42 AM

which is y i said "attempt" to report....if he faxed papers last monday...But his wifes opinion or his attrempt mean nothing as Goodell held up approving it after Brett faxed it in. BRett held back becuase of the Commish.

RashanGary
08-03-2008, 11:46 AM
We'll see how it plays out. The two sides might want to meet for the final negotiation and like people have said, this certainly can increase his negotiating stance. If he says "OK, I"m taking the money and running" then the Packers will never offer another penny. If he says "I'm thinking about it" and then charters a plane, the Packers might say, "OK, OK, another 10 mil on a 5 year extention of doing nothing".

Time is not on Brett's side though. If the Packers can drag this out two weeks he'll only have three weeks of camp. If they can find a way to brave it for 5 weeks they can cut him and he'll be in a really bad spot. That's their only option if he's still refusing trades. They might as well hunker down and get ready to impliment it.

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 11:48 AM
We'll see how it plays out. The two sides might want to meet for the final negotiation and like people have said, this certainly can increase his negotiating stance. If he says "OK, I"m taking the money and running" then the Packers will never offer another penny. If he says "I'm thinking about it" and then charters a plane, the Packers might say, "OK, OK, another 10 mil on a 5 year extention of doing nothing".

Time is not on Brett's side though. If the Packers can drag this out two weeks he'll only have three weeks of camp. If they can find a way to brave it for 5 weeks they can cut him and he'll be in a really bad spot. That's their only option if he's still refusing trades. They might as well hunker down and get ready to impliment it.If only the media took that approach.

GrnBay007
08-03-2008, 11:54 AM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4479/favrehaiguysthreadwc5.jpg

:P

RashanGary
08-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Right, CPK. The local media know the Packers are not going to just release him and know it would be a horrible move. With that, they understand that Favre is blocking his own ability to play by not talkign iwth trade partners and they seem to put less scrutiny on the team.

The national media think the Packers should just release him and give up all rights. From there they think Brett is being forced into retirement and take his side.

I think the national media is either misinformed or they want to hype up their opening monday night football game and they love showing all the Favre drama to create ratings for their shows.

pbmax
08-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Adam Schefter of NFL.com is reporting he will be officially reinstated at 1 PM Monday and JSO has Packer sources confirming they got the call from Goodell.

So he will be reinstated, but it could be Tuesday before the Packers need to add him to the roster.

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Right, CPK. The local media know the Packers are not going to just release him and know it would be a horrible move. With that, they understand that Favre is blocking his own ability to play by not talkign iwth trade partners and they seem to put less scrutiny on the team.

The national media think the Packers should just release him and give up all rights. From there they think Brett is being forced into retirement and take his side.

I think the national media is either misinformed or they want to hype up their opening monday night football game and they love showing all the Favre drama to create ratings for their shows.YOu just hit the nail on the head with that last statement. Its no secret why ESPN has been kissing Favre's ass extra hard and pushing for Favre's release.

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM

which is y i said "attempt" to report....if he faxed papers last monday...But his wifes opinion or his attrempt mean nothing as Goodell held up approving it after Brett faxed it in. BRett held back becuase of the Commish.

so YOU know what was said in convos b/w brett and RG?

if he filed at start of camp u dont think RG wouldve approved before now???????

pbmax
08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Florio @ PFT has a league wide email:

Money quote:

"This is to inform you that our office will announce today that Commissioner Goodell will reinstate Brett Favre to the Green Bay Packers’ active roster, effective at noon on Monday, August 4."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/03/its-official-reinstatement-coming-monday/

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 12:07 PM

I didn't know that RetailGuy was involved with all this. :shock:

vince
08-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I believe that the Packers, although its clearly not their preference, is prepared to withstand the heat and let Brett play catch with the water boy, paying him and keeping him on the back burner in case gets hurt.

They'd trade him in a heartbeat, but Favre's contract is problematic. He won't renegotiate it unless it's with the Vikes...

I believe releasing him is not an option they will consider at any point until well into the season, if then.

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 12:09 PM

if he filed at start of camp u dont think RG wouldve approved before now???????Ooh a whole two days. Yes RG would have held it up. for the saem reason he did in the first place. To give the two sides more time to resolve the issue.

motife
08-03-2008, 12:23 PM
The Packers should try to take this a day at a time.

Keep heads cool and see what happens. Both sides and the media need to chill out.

Favre needs to keep his mouth shut. That's an absolute must. His remarks on this have always been unnecessarily inflammatory.

The rumor is Favre will be put at the bottom of the depth chart with indiviudal drills, and GB will see if a trade can be made. If not, and this sounds unbelievable, they will cut him on the eve of the first regular season game. That's just whet I read somewhere per a team source.

My own feeling is they should just see how it goes and try to keep it on the downlow. There are worse things than having Brett Favre on your roster. Particularly with Rodgers record of getting injured the last two years.

Pacopete4
08-03-2008, 12:27 PM
it'll be interesting to see if the packers change their stance at all now or if they just keep repeating the "we've moved on" approach

Guiness
08-03-2008, 12:37 PM

Apparently, the marketing deal didn't sunset...he could play for someone else this season, then sign it in '09; or '10.

Guiness
08-03-2008, 12:37 PM

Na, in a small city like GB, it translates to taking my dog for a walk past Brett's house :D
So, been by yet??? How many satellite vans are on the front lawn?

GBRulz
08-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Ask that question again in about 2 hrs. I think he's scheduled to arrive at Austin Strabel @ 3 pm

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 12:43 PM

I didn't know that RetailGuy was involved with all this. :shock:

he he

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Ask that question again in about 2 hrs. I think he's scheduled to arrive at Austin Strabel @ 3 pm

I thought it was 5:30???

DannoMac21
08-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow. What an absolute joke. Favre sure knows how to get the spotlight in the most selfish of ways. Just get him the fuck out of Green Bay. He's such a selfish guy that it's even hard to believe what's going on right now.

Also, MOBB DEEP, get off Favre's nuts. He already does a great amount with sick kids and kids with mental illnesses, he doesn't need another one in you.

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2008, 01:35 PM
I think the Packers are serious about not releasing Favre, no matter what. I believe MM feels he can handle the situation with Favre there. Brett will have a decision to make. Be the backup, or take the offer.

Or okay a trade to a team not within the division.

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Won't it suck if we go through this whole circus and he winds up re-un-re-un-re-retiring anyway.

Gunakor
08-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Won't it suck if we go through this whole circus and he winds up re-un-re-un-re-retiring anyway.

Oh, it's gonna happen. He's gonna get to Green Bay, realize that MM wasn't bluffing about Favre being on the bottom of the depth chart, talk Murphy up to 30 million dollars in the marketing deal, re-un-re-un-re-retire again, and fly back home by the end of the week. And then we can finally focus on football again.

Lurker64
08-03-2008, 02:01 PM
If Favre is reinstated by the league on Monday at noon, don't the Packers have 24 hours to decide whether to release him or add him to the roster (they'll add him to the roster).

So the earliest we'll see Favre in camp is Tuesday, but likely the Packers will hold favre out of camp on Tuesday and Wednesday for a physical and conditioning test, so expect Favre in camp on Thursday I'd say.

Pacopete4
08-03-2008, 02:03 PM
perfect timing for me as I will be making the trip to training camp next friday and saturday.. catchin a brewers game sunday... lovin life

bobblehead
08-03-2008, 02:15 PM
I have no problem with this. As much as I have been proTT antiBF in this whole ordeal, reporting to camp and doing what MM tells him has always been his right. If he intentionally creates a circus I got big issues. If he accepts his backup role and fulfills his contract, no problem.

I don't begrudge him his money in his contract at this point as he was willing to rework it and push money back earlier in his career to help sign washed up veterans taht he wanted as teammates so he is entitled the 12 mill he earns this year if he does what MM asks him to do for the team....be a backup.

This can play out a number of ways.

FritzDontBlitz
08-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Hmmm, I'm trying to figure out if I have the correct time zone setting for this message board but Tom Silverstein of Packers Plus has it that Favre will be arriving in Green Bay today after already being reinstated?

FritzDontBlitz
08-03-2008, 02:18 PM
OK, fixed it.

Fosco33
08-03-2008, 04:01 PM

I bet traffic (pedestrian/vehicular) on the Favre's street increases 10X by end of day.

Maybe he'll be out in the yard tossing the ball to Deanna (he doesn't have the high schoolers to warm up before arriving).

Here's me hoping that there's 2 press conferences in the next few days:
1. Favre apologizes to GB org (management/players), city of GB and fans for all this b-s
2. Murphy, Thompson and M3 fold and say Favre CAN compete for starting QB role and will not be traded or released

Not that we can trust any source - but if JSO is right and Favre WILL compete for starting QB - the Packers are in a decent position. Competition should bring out the best players (ARod or Favre). I just hope it's not rigged one way or another...

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Although the marketting deal looked good on paper, it did leave a queezy feeling. PAying off a guy to not play?

My only problem with Favre being on the roster is what happens if he doesn't win the starting position. His boosters are already talking like it is a done deal.

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Although the marketting deal looked good on paper, it did leave a queezy feeling. PAying off a guy to not play?

My only problem with Favre being on the roster is what happens if he doesn't win the starting position. His boosters are already talking like it is a done deal.

My worry is what if he does and has a decline at mid-season. Just enough that any other QB would be benched...

red
08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
he's on his way

plane just lest hattiesburg at 4:46 central time

will land in green bay at 6:59

maybe they'll do a fly-over of family night?

RashanGary
08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I think Rodgers can win this competition. I look forward to seeing this play out in camp.

GrnBay007
08-03-2008, 05:34 PM
he's on his way

:lol: :lol:

GrnBay007
08-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I think Rodgers can win this competition. I look forward to seeing this play out in camp.

Serious question JH. When you read the news did you have to down a couple shots? :P :wink:

LL2
08-03-2008, 05:37 PM

Serious question JH. When you read the news did you have to down a couple shots? :P :wink:

I think Rodgers has a chance as well....it will be interesting this week.

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 05:38 PM
he's on his way

Favre parachutes on to the field just as Arod is about to take the snap from Center. "I'll take over now, son."

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 05:40 PM
he's on his way

Favre parachutes on to the field just as Arod is about to take the snap from Center. "I'll take over now, son."and then is led of the field by security as the Packers don't want to violate NFL rules.

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
he's on his way

the last time the press was following the story of his idling plane is MS, it reminded me of those christmas eve stories the local evening news always runs. The updates on Santa's sled, how its ready to go.

RashanGary
08-03-2008, 05:46 PM

No, I'm OK with it. If he wins he deserves it. I think Rodgers will outplay him though.

gex
08-03-2008, 07:57 PM
he's on his way

Favre parachutes on to the field just as Arod is about to take the snap from Center. "I'll take over now, son."

That would be awesome :D :D :D

imscott72
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
he's on his way

That would be awesome :D :D :D

Now that would be must see TV... :D