PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Kramer's take

packinpatland
08-03-2008, 11:56 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3517208&categoryId=2378529

He also thinks there's something 'else' going on........

vince
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
That "something else" is Brett Favre lieing to the team and attempting to manipulate his way to the Minnesota Vikings since late March.

digitaldean
08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I saw that interview too.

That "something else" also could be BF voicing his displeasure for Mooch not getting his interview. That probably put the proverbial nail in the coffin between him and M3.

packinpatland
08-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Funny..........Jerry seemed to imply the 'funny stuff' was on the Packers side, not Favre's.

Iron Mike
08-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I didn't watch the whole thing......did Kramer reference Jim Ringo asking Lombardi to talk to his agent and Lombardi telling Ringo he'd just been traded to the Eagles? :wink:

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
No, he's baffled that the Packers want Rodgers over Favre because Rodgers hasn't started a game yet. You have to have your first start sometime, right?

vince
08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Funny..........Jerry seemed to imply the 'funny stuff' was on the Packers side, not Favre's.
That's why he can't seem to put his finger on it. He's looking in the wrong place.

Pacopete4
08-03-2008, 12:19 PM
eh I dunno.. what he says makes a lot of sense and for a guy thats actually been around an organization, i'll listen to him.. i havent been able to pick a side other than I wanna see Brett play again mainly because the whole situation is fishy and its hard to tell who is really doing what and to whom

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 12:22 PM
No, he's baffled that the Packers want Rodgers over Favre because Rodgers hasn't started a game yet. You have to have your first start sometime, right?

Sure, but guys usually don't get their first start while a guy at their position who almost won the MVP the year before sits on the bench or is released. There's not much, if any precedence for a situation like this.

KYPack
08-03-2008, 12:22 PM
NFLN is running a show on the top 10 players NOT in the NFL HOF. The #1 player that isn't is the Hall that experts feel should be in is Jerry Kramer.

I agree 100%

The top 3 are Jerry, Derrick Thomas, and Chris Carter.

Iron Mike
08-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I didn't watch the whole thing......did Kramer reference Jim Ringo asking Lombardi to talk to his agent and Lombardi telling Ringo he'd just been traded to the Eagles? :wink:

No, I'm trying to point out that in Kramer's opinion, it was probably OK for Lombardi to jettison a player that was acting like a prima donna, but when Ole #4 tries the same crap......it must be TT's fault....oh, never mind. :shock:

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 12:23 PM

Sure, but guys usually don't get their first start while a guy at their position who almost won the MVP the year before sits on the bench or is released. There's not much, if any precedence for a situation like this.YOU forgot Steve Young.

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 12:32 PM

XACTLY!! listen to the PLAYERS (past and present) not mgmt

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 12:33 PM

Sure, but guys usually don't get their first start while a guy at their position who almost won the MVP the year before sits on the bench or is released. There's not much, if any precedence for a situation like this.YOU forgot Steve Young.

Steve Young started many games before he became the starter. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 12:36 PM

lol, sounds like u're simplfyn wat JK said

KYPack
08-03-2008, 12:43 PM

No, I'm trying to point out that in Kramer's opinion, it was probably OK for Lombardi to jettison a player that was acting like a prima donna, but when Ole #4 tries the same crap......it must be TT's fault....oh, never mind. :shock:

IM, read "When Pride Mattered". Maranis did a great job of researching his Lombardi Bio. The whole Jim Ringo story is just a legend. Ringo had approached Lombardi with his desire to return to the east. Lombardi worked out a deal with Philly to accommodate Ringo. Ringo's agent then negotiated his contract with the Eagles.

Some time after, the tale that Lombardi traded Ringo because he had contracted the services the services of an agent got started. Ringo never said anything because Vince had asked him not comment on the trade. Lombardi never denied the story because he liked they way the story sounded, but that scenario never really happened.

Iron Mike
08-03-2008, 12:59 PM
IM, read "When Pride Mattered".

You're making the suggestion that in these days of electronic media and short attention span, I should actually get out a book and read it???

How "Old School" do you think I am??? :oops:

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 01:03 PM

Gotcha.

Gunakor
08-03-2008, 01:28 PM

XACTLY!! listen to the PLAYERS (past and present) not mgmt

Why should we do that? The players know how to play football, but being a good football player is no indication of one's ability to run a team. This is important for everyone to understand. This issue is not simply about which QB would win more games in 2008. It's about committment. It's about TT's strong committment to moving forward, something Favre himself told TT he had to do - twice even. It's about Favre's lack of committment to play another season up until very recently.

Favre has gone back on his committment to retirement, and look what it has done to his loyal fan base. People who used to admire him are now angry and disappointed. Favre's waffling has split Packer Nation in two.

Ted Thompson on the other hand has stuck to his committment to moving forward. He told his team months ago that Aaron Rodgers is the starter, and the team began to prepare for the season accordingly. He is STILL telling his team that Rodgers is the starter, and the team is STILL preparing for the season accordingly. No waffling, no bullshit. You have to respect that, because it sets good precedent in future player negotiations.

Fritz
08-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Who's the hottie who did the interview? yowza!

Stevogbfan
08-03-2008, 01:52 PM

Wendi Nix... i agree, she is a hottie!

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2008, 05:34 PM

give it up, man. Favre spilled all the dirt he had to Sistah Gretta. And what he didn't have, he made up.

Maybe this interview is about more recent events, which of course remain a mystery. But I'm tired of people imagining secret wrongs done to Favre just because it is uncomfortable to deal with some pretty plain facts.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Former Packers quarterback Lynn Dickey gives high marks to Aaron Rodgers and a lower grade to Favre for the ways they have dealt with Favre’s return to play.

“Aaron Rodgers has handled this the best as anyone could handle it,” Dickey told sportingnews.com. “How has Brett handled the situation? . . . The Greta Van Susteren interview was probably not a good idea. The comments Brett made about Packer management were out of line. Fans want the players to play the game, not manage the team.”

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 08:20 AM
That "something else" is Brett Favre lieing to the team and attempting to manipulate his way to the Minnesota Vikings since late March.

And your evidence of this is...what?

prsnfoto
08-05-2008, 08:51 AM

And your evidence of this is...what?

He has none he listens only to the media most of which has turned out to be a lie except the cell phone and tampering charges they were outright lies by management and by the way I have had the honor of spending 4 hours with Jerry Kramer when he did a signing at a local sports bar 3 years ago and I would take his word over just about anybody's, he is a stand up guy. Jerry probably smells a rat just like me and that rat ain't BF.

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 08:58 AM

got NUTHN on Sage Steele

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 08:59 AM

got NUTHN on Sage Steele