PDA

View Full Version : AT THIS POINT IN TIME HOW DOES AROD FEEL???

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I think, as a result of the fiasco, part of him may actually be relieved if #4 was able to go back under center.

OBVIOUSLY its hard enuff to follow a legend; but to have to follow a legend who wants to come back and is in camp is pressure beyond belief i'd imagine

so with people sayn that brett is going to report, what do u think is going on in cali boy's head???

Pacopete4
08-03-2008, 01:03 PM
its hard for me to believe no matter the situation that the "cali boy" doesn't wanna be under center.. i mean, this is what has been working for and you always wanna be in the game..

that being said, I have a feeling that if it were to happen where Favre takes his job back, I just dont see Arod bitching about it nor feeling bad that he has to wait another season.. he is getting some nice money coming in

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Hopefully what's in his head is the playbook and not much else right now.

MadtownPacker
08-03-2008, 01:07 PM
ARod is the only person who is really hurt by all this IMO. He is also the only one who hasn't done anything to deserve it. I hope he at least has a decent to good season. He may not have been thrown in the fire his rookie season but he will feel a pressure Alex Smith never did in replacing Favre. The last 2 months probably didnt help. If the season ends up at 8-8 or better and Rodgers finishes with 18tds-12ints I will consider it a smooth transition.

MadtownPacker
08-03-2008, 01:12 PM
its hard for me to believe no matter the situation that the "cali boy" doesn't wanna be under center.. i mean, this is what has been working for and you always wanna be in the game.."Cali boy"?? "Cali boy"??????? I hope my fellow California native throws 30+ to make you eat crap flavored crow.. :butt:

Iron Mike
08-03-2008, 01:15 PM
My guess is that since the media over-reaction to his little "the people better get on board" tirade, the #4 retirement distraction might even be a little welcome....to get the spotlight off of himself, and just be able to play football.

JMO.

Gunakor
08-03-2008, 01:16 PM
ARod is the only person who is really hurt by all this IMO. He is also the only one who hasn't done anything to deserve it. I hope he at least has a decent to good season. He may not have been thrown in the fire his rookie season but he will feel a pressure Alex Smith never did in replacing Favre. The last 2 months probably didnt help. If the season ends up at 8-8 or better and Rodgers finishes with 18tds-12ints I will consider it a smooth transition.

As I said in another thread, it's not about how well Rodgers does vs. how well Favre did. It's about how well the team does with Rodgers vs. how well the team did with Favre. If the Packers win the division and make the playoffs, regardless of Rodgers' actual numbers, the transition is a success. If Rodgers makes the playoffs this year, and goes a bit deeper in the playoffs next year, and makes/wins a SB the year after... I vaguely remember another iconic QB who went down this same road as a young player.

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2008, 01:32 PM
He is also the only one who hasn't done anything to deserve it.

I don't get this. He obviously showed in practice and preseason and the Dallas game that he deserved it. You mean by starting games in the NFL? How the hell was he supposed to do that as long as Favre was around? Apparently, the Packers coaching staff felt he'd done enough to deserve it. Otherwise, they would have handed the job back to Favre.

Fritz
08-03-2008, 01:32 PM
According to rumors, if Favre comes back and starts for the Pack Rodgers will demand a trade at the end of the season. If this is so, how can you blame him? Favre's "retirement" was b.s. this year, so why should anyone believe Favre next year when he "retires"?

GBRulz
08-03-2008, 02:33 PM

I don't get this. He obviously showed in practice and preseason and the Dallas game that he deserved it. You mean by starting games in the NFL? How the hell was he supposed to do that as long as Favre was around? Apparently, the Packers coaching staff felt he'd done enough to deserve it. Otherwise, they would have handed the job back to Favre.

I assume he meant all the heckling, drama, etc. going on with Favre. Not that Aaron doesn't deserve to start.

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2008, 02:34 PM
I assume he meant all the heckling, drama, etc. going on with Favre. Not that Aaron doesn't deserve to start.

My bad. What we have here is failure to communicate.
:D

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 04:43 PM
well........

gbgary
08-03-2008, 05:01 PM
hopefully he feels........."NOW IT'S ON!!"

Merlin
08-03-2008, 05:25 PM

Okay, then by this logic, Craig Nall deserves it too. He came in when Favre AND Paterson went down and played outstanding and always played well in the pre-season when give the opportunity to work with at the very least the #2 offense. Once Rodgers was drafted, Nall never saw the #2 offense again in fact he wasn't even in consideration for anything.

By your own logic, Rodgers isn't any better or worse then Nall. I am willing to bet you don't think that asnd in fact think Nall is horrible. If that is the case you wold be what is called a hypocrite.

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM

Okay, then by this logic, Craig Nall deserves it too. He came in when Favre AND Paterson went down and played outstanding and always played well in the pre-season when give the opportunity to work with at the very least the #2 offense. Once Rodgers was drafted, Nall never saw the #2 offense again in fact he wasn't even in consideration for anything.

By your own logic, Rodgers isn't any better or worse then Nall. I am willing to bet you don't think that asnd in fact think Nall is horrible. If that is the case you wold be what is called a hypocrite.Considering Nall is currently unemployed I would say yes, he is terrible.

LL2
08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
hopefully he feels........."NOW IT'S ON!!"

Those were my thoughts exactly. Hope it makes Arod feel more competitive and want to out duel Favre.

I do not know what M3 and TT have planned, but I wonder if they will have Favre or Arod start the regular season game and have the other finish it. I doubt M3 would do anything like that though.

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2008, 05:40 PM
i don't care how Arod feels.

I don't know what your lives have been like, but I've had plenty of ups and downs, challenges. FAvre is being a spoiled brat about his setback. I expect Rodgers will keep his head up and work through it.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-03-2008, 05:46 PM

By your own logic, Rodgers isn't any better or worse then Nall. I am willing to bet you don't think that asnd in fact think Nall is horrible. If that is the case you wold be what is called a hypocrite.

My god, get Nalls dick outta your mouth. Nall sucked. He always sucked...and there is a reason he couldn't win the job in buffalo.

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 05:48 PM

My god, get Nalls dick outta your mouth. Nall sucked. He always sucked...and there is a reason he couldn't win the job in buffalo.In that case Merlin's dick would be in Nall's mouth, woudln't it?

Scott Campbell
08-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Pensive. IMO.

Badgerinmaine
08-03-2008, 08:17 PM
According to rumors, if Favre comes back and starts for the Pack Rodgers will demand a trade at the end of the season. If this is so, how can you blame him? Favre's "retirement" was b.s. this year, so why should anyone believe Favre next year when he "retires"?
Exactly. If I were him, I would feel steamrolled right now.

texaspackerbacker
08-03-2008, 08:23 PM
i don't care how Arod feels.

I don't know what your lives have been like, but I've had plenty of ups and downs, challenges. FAvre is being a spoiled brat about his setback. I expect Rodgers will keep his head up and work through it.

I pretty much agree with that. However, I HOPE that he has been told the fix is in on this stupid "competition" thing in the sense that the job is Rodgers's unless he clearly loses it.

SnakeLH2006
08-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm sure Aaron is as anxious as most of us are to see how this plays out...

jramsey495
08-04-2008, 10:50 AM
rodgers gets an 'a' for how's he's handled all this stuff... i mean, other than the 'get on board or shut up' comment he's handled this thing as well as anyone could. regardless of what happens, after all the crap he's been through with the draft and now this, i hope he does well somewhere someday...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=779470