PDA

View Full Version : Questions I want the media to ask Brett

TravisWilliams23
08-03-2008, 02:23 PM
When Brett does finally report to the Packers, here's some questions I'd like to hear the reporters ask:
1. If MM decides to start A-Rod, will you accept the role as backup?
2. If you won't accept the role as backup, will you accept a trade to any team the Packers can swing a trade with or will you demand Minnesota as your destination?
3. This situation has divided the fans and is giving the organization a black eye. If, as you say, you only want to play football, why wouldn't you accept a trade to the Jets or Buccaneers?
4. Put yourself in A-Rods situation. How would you have handled this situation if you were in his shoes?
5. Do you still have respect towards MM as your coach or friend?
6. Will this be your last year?
7. What are the goals you hope to achieve this season?
8. What advice do you think your dad Irv would have given you on this situation?

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Good stuff. I'm guessing no more than a couple of those questions will actually be asked.

GBRulz
08-03-2008, 02:39 PM
What would be asked and would he would answer are two totally different things. I agree though, those are some good questions.

Packgator
08-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Concerning your decision to "un-retire" in late March......

1. Did you call TT and MM saying you changed your mind about retiring and wanted to play?

2. Were TT and MM happy about your decision to "un-retire" and glad to have you back? As the Packers starting QB?

3. Did TT and MM say they would come to your home the next day and hammer out the details of your return?

4. What happened over the next 24 hours that made you change your mind about playing....again?

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Good stuff. I'm guessing no more than a couple of those questions will actually be asked.Im guessing NONE of those questions will be asjed as the press are a bunch of Favre sychophants who will lob softballs all day long and try to make Packer management look bad.

]{ilr]3
08-03-2008, 03:36 PM
1- Why is it ok for you to bitch whine and complain about the management and want to be able to get out of your contract with no questions asked but it was not OK for Javon Walker to do it?

digitaldean
08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I expect people like Jason Wilde or Pete Dougherty to ask them. The doorknobs at ESPN, Fox, etc. are going to be kissing Favre's backside anyway.

Again, I have no ill will toward Favre. I am just disgusted on how he handled this. Those who have constantly ran TT and mgmt. down should be ashamed. They were thinking of the best interests of the team. (which will go on by the way once #4 does leave the game). Could they have handled things differently, maybe so.

Regardless if this season is boom or bust, I have lost a portion of respect for Brett. He has dragged his team through this distraction/sideshow on his own account.

I do feel for A-Rod. This kid has been lambasted in this forum by those who think he can't do anything right. He has been here the WHOLE STINKIN' OFFSEASON getting himself prepared to lead this TEAM. Got to be frustrating for him.

We do have to make this as a positive. Teams will have to game plan for BF and a strong running game.

Now we if we can just find a solution to fill the D-Line problem....

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I expect people like Jason Wilde or Pete Dougherty to ask them. The doorknobs at ESPN, Fox, etc. are going to be kissing Favre's backside anyway.

Again, I have no ill will toward Favre. I am just disgusted on how he handled this. Those who have constantly ran TT and mgmt. down should be ashamed. They were thinking of the best interests of the team. (which will go on by the way once #4 does leave the game). Could they have handled things differently, maybe so.

Regardless if this season is boom or bust, I have lost a portion of respect for Brett. He has dragged his team through this distraction/sideshow on his own account.

I do feel for A-Rod. This kid has been lambasted in this forum by those who think he can't do anything right. He has been here the WHOLE STINKIN' OFFSEASON getting himself prepared to lead this TEAM. Got to be frustrating for him.

We do have to make this as a positive. Teams will have to game plan for BF and a strong running game.

Now we if we can just find a solution to fill the D-Line problem....Wilde and Daugherty won't have the guts. THey'll lose access to Favre if they ask.

Gunakor
08-03-2008, 03:42 PM
{ilr]3]1- Why is it ok for you to bitch whine and complain about the management and want to be able to get out of your contract with no questions asked but it was not OK for Javon Walker to do it?

I'd like an answer to this question as well, but now is definitely not the time to ask it. Favre is coming now. That alone is going to cause enough controversy. Favre's whining is an irrelevant issue now, so...

vince
08-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Question for McCarthy: Did you or Ted Thompson tell Brett that he would only be able to return to the Packers in a backup role, as he and his agent have repeatedly asserted?

Question for Favre: Did the front office tell you that you would only be able come back to the team as a backup, or have your and your agent's repeated assertions of this been even more evidence that you have been lieing and attempting to manipulate your way out from underneath your contract with the team from the very beginning?

digitaldean
08-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I've heard Wilde on ESPN Milwaukee state that he doesn't get access to Favre, so why the hell would it bother him??

I've listened to him recently too. He's been pretty critical of how Brett's been handling this.

Besides Favre only grants football interviews to people like Peter King, Mort or the dorks from ESPN/Fox/NBC.

Forgot Ed Werder is on texting list.....

vince
08-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Favre has had a press conference in the press room after every game and every wednesday that all credentialed members of the press can attend for a few years now. He is inaccessible in the locker room because he would be hounded to too great of an extent. They've needed to control the environment to make it manageable for him and the press.

Brainerd
08-03-2008, 04:25 PM
When Brett does finally report to the Packers, here's some questions I'd like to hear the reporters ask:
1. If MM decides to start A-Rod, will you accept the role as backup?
2. If you won't accept the role as backup, will you accept a trade to any team the Packers can swing a trade with or will you demand Minnesota as your destination?
3. This situation has divided the fans and is giving the organization a black eye. If, as you say, you only want to play football, why wouldn't you accept a trade to the Jets or Buccaneers?
4. Put yourself in A-Rods situation. How would you have handled this situation if you were in his shoes?
5. Do you still have respect towards MM as your coach or friend?
6. Will this be your last year?
7. What are the goals you hope to achieve this season?
8. What advice do you think your dad Irv would have given you on this situation?

Number 6 started this mess years ago and you want it to continue?

Brainerd
08-03-2008, 04:26 PM
{ilr]3]1- Why is it ok for you to bitch whine and complain about the management and want to be able to get out of your contract with no questions asked but it was not OK for Javon Walker to do it?

Give me my helmet or give me my release is not the same thing as give me money or trade me.

Pacopete4
08-03-2008, 04:30 PM

Give me my helmet or give me my release is not the same thing as give me money or trade me.

exactly what I've been saying.. there no where near the same situation

mmmdk
08-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Brett, which do you prefer? Fig rolls or pop-tarts?

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2008, 04:36 PM

Might not be the same exact thing, but it's just as bad. Thinking that the organization that has paid you handsomely for 13 years and has your rights should not get a say in where you go is ludicrous.

vince
08-03-2008, 04:37 PM

Brett: "Give me my helmet or my release."

MM: "Are you 100% committed to a return?"

Brett: "No, no, I'm not saying I'm there yet."

Brainerd
08-03-2008, 04:40 PM

Yeah. So? What does that have to do with comparing Favre's situation to Walkers?

Besides, since when has Favre ever been 100% committed during the time period in question.

vince
08-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah. So? What does that have to do with comparing Favre's situation to Walkers?

Besides, since when has Favre ever been 100% committed during the time period in question.
What Brett has done is as bad if not worse than what Walker did.

Walker was at least clear of his intentions. He just wanted money, and he was willing to burn bridges to get it. Simple enough. The team rejected him for his selfish greed, me-first attitude and classless personal attacks.

Favre just wants to play right? Wrong. The facts demonstrate (http://packerrats.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=187&Itemid=1) that he has known that he's wanted to play for the Vikings for months, but he's been too much of a snake to admit it directly because it would damage his public persona and hurt his ability to get his way. He has been slyly manipulating you and the rest of his blindly loyal fans with lies, half-truths and underhanded undermining of the Packer organization in the hopes of facilitiating his release.

Back in January immediately after last season, McCarthy told Favre that he needs to be 100% committed to doing what it takes in the offseason and during the season if he would choose to return. In June, he knew full well that the team wouldn't want to give him "his helmet" so long as he remained wishy-washing about returning. McCarthy demands commitment and if there's one thing McCarthy is, it's consistent.

Favre wanted to be released before, during, and after committing to his return (which he still apparently hasn't committed to doing if things don't go the way he wants them to). Then, he waited until after he was certain the team had made its full commitment to Rodgers to leak information about his "itch" to return. He then publicly denied them as "all rumors."

I really don't like to say this, because I've been as big a Brett Favre fan as anyone, but he continues to willfully deceive, lie, and manipulate the public in his continued hope to gain his release. He may ultimately resign himself to playing for the Packers, because he has no other option - but that will not have been his first choice as he now states.

After he has stated that he "just wants to play." He has rejected trade offers, since those teams (like the Packers, but he's under contract with them) weren't good enough for him for one reason or another. Perhaps their GM's wouldn't promise to follow his direction either.

Brett Favre just wants to play alright - for the Vikings. He'll never admit that because it'd be harmful to his image and ability to get what he wants. But as is usually the case, his actions speak louder than his words. Most people just don't want to hear what his actions are saying because they are inconsistent with their preconceived image of one of their heroes.

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2008, 05:42 PM

This is a classic. Just tear up my contract 'cause I say so.

boiga
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Well vince, there is also the potential raised by JSO that this entire debacle has merely been to pressure the Packers to put more money into his merchandising deal.

So, while it "hasn't been about the money," and "he just wants to play" he sure is getting Bus to go all out grabbing as much dirty sweaty wads of cash as he can manage.

Brett's not going to come out of this smelling like a rose.

digitaldean
08-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Brett Favre just wants to play alright - for the Vikings. He'll never admit that because it'd be harmful to his image and ability to get what he wants. But as is usually the case, his actions speak louder than his words. Most people just don't want to hear what his actions are saying because they are inconsistent with their preconceived image of one of their heroes.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Bravo, Vince! My sentiments exactly.

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 05:46 PM
I have only one question I'd like them to ask...

What the fuck were you thinking?????

vince
08-03-2008, 05:49 PM
That's plausible. If he can't get his way, raping and pillaging the franchise that has so stubbornly denied him of his right to get out from under his contractual obligations is plausible. After closely witnessing the lies and unwarranted criticisms of his GM of the last two months and following the story closely as it has unfolded to this point, nothing he does would surprise me any more.

Brainerd
08-03-2008, 09:41 PM
[quote=Brainerd]Yeah. So? What does that have to do with comparing Favre's situation to Walkers?

What Brett has done is as bad if not worse than what Walker did.

Your opinion. Not based on any factual observation. You want to throw Favre in with Walker to imply guilt by association to further tarnish Favre's image to make a point.

Walker was at least clear of his intentions. He just wanted money, and he was willing to burn bridges to get it. Simple enough. The team rejected him for his selfish greed, me-first attitude and classless personal attacks.

At the beginning Walker only wanted more money and stated that he'd prefer to play for the Packers. When the golden boy TT played hardball is when the relationship between Walker and the Packers soured.

Favre just wants to play right? Wrong.

Right. Give me my helmet or give me my release cannot be more clear. Yet more specualtion on your part to further damage Favre's reputation.

The facts demonstrate (http://packerrats.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=187&Itemid=1) that he has known that he's wanted to play for the Vikings for months, but he's been too much of a snake to admit it directly because it would damage his public persona and hurt his ability to get his way. He has been slyly manipulating you and the rest of his blindly loyal fans with lies, half-truths and underhanded undermining of the Packer organization in the hopes of facilitiating his release.

The same way TT has been slyly manipilating you and the rest of his blindly loyal fans?

Back in January immediately after last season, McCarthy told Favre that he needs to be 100% committed to doing what it takes in the offseason and during the season if he would choose to return. In June, he knew full well that the team wouldn't want to give him "his helmet" so long as he remained wishy-washing about returning. McCarthy demands commitment and if there's one thing McCarthy is, it's consistent.

And now it seems McCarthy is losing some of his famous consistency that you have so erroneously attributed to him. The latest rumour is that there will be a QB competition. Lets hope is fair.

So much for the Packers moving on. So much for the famous consistency.

Favre wanted to be released before, during, and after committing to his return (which he still apparently hasn't committed to doing if things don't go the way he wants them to). Then, he waited until after he was certain the team had made its full commitment to Rodgers to leak information about his "itch" to return. He then publicly denied them as "all rumors."

A full commitment to a player that hasn't played an entire game versus, well you know, the other guy who hasn't missed a single game. The entire league is laughing at the absurdity of Rodgers replacing Favre without some sort of competition between the two of them.

Favre said he could still play at his retirement press conference. Kind of a big red flag huh?

I really don't like to say this, because I've been as big a Brett Favre fan as anyone, but he continues to willfully deceive, lie, and manipulate the public in his continued hope to gain his release. He may ultimately resign himself to playing for the Packers, because he has no other option - but that will not have been his first choice as he now states.

Favre wants to play for a team that won't say one thing to his face and then do something else when he looks the other way.

After he has stated that he "just wants to play." He has rejected trade offers, since those teams (like the Packers, but he's under contract with them) weren't good enough for him for one reason or another. Perhaps their GM's wouldn't promise to follow his direction either.

Its now a crime for a GM to listen to someone with as much experience as a Favre or Brady or Manning? TT should have simply told Favre that the decisions he made on Wahle and Riveria were in the best interests of the team. TT should not have kissed Favre's ass and in essence, lied to him.

More speculation. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. The quote at the beginning says it all: Give me my helmet or give me my release. The Packers refused him his helmet and now its Favre's fault he wants to play for the Vikings.

pbmax
08-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Wrongo, O Wizard of Bile. The local beat guys all lost access to Favre years ago. They only get him when he does the weekly, or bi-weekly press conferences and after games.

People believe that was the start of the local pres being harder on Favre than national press.

Now we if we can just find a solution to fill the D-Line problem....Wilde and Daugherty won't have the guts. THey'll lose access to Favre if they ask.

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Wrongo, O Wizard of Bile. The local beat guys all lost access to Favre years ago. They only get him when he does the weekly, or bi-weekly press conferences and after games.

People believe that was the start of the local pres being harder on Favre than national press.

Now we if we can just find a solution to fill the D-Line problem....Wilde and Daugherty won't have the guts. THey'll lose access to Favre if they ask.Well, they still won't have the guts.

pbmax
08-03-2008, 09:56 PM
The GM should keep his own counsel as to how to value the players on the roster. The veteran QB knows less than than the coach, scouts, personnel people and GM because it is not their job to assemble a roster. They spend no time thinking about it, studying it or reviewing what is available on other teams.

If you want to look at the value of the players opinion, look at the poor choices for Pro Bowl berths.

It is not the QBs job to impart his opinion on these matters. Doing so is indefensible. I don't think he was lied to. T2 told him the same thing he said publicly, that he was going to try to keep one guard. But he wasn't going to do something stupid to do it. He never said at any cost. And remember Favre would have restructured his deal, not necessarily given up any money.

The GMs decisions have been sounder than the QBs in the last three years. Favre should have keep his GM advice to himself and not put his coach or his GM in the position of having to tell him politely to shut up.

Its now a crime for a GM to listen to someone with as much experience as a Favre or Brady or Manning? TT should have simply told Favre that the decisions he made on Wahle and Riveria were in the best interests of the team. TT should not have kissed Favre's ass and in essence, lied to him.

vince
08-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Give me my helmet or give me my release cannot be more clear. Yet more specualtion on your part to further damage Favre's reputation.Like all conversations, you have to understand the context (timing and the rest of the conversation) to understand its meaning. In my opinion, you have failed to do so here.

The same way TT has been slyly manipilating you and the rest of his blindly loyal fans?Please present some facts that demonstrate your assertion rather than baseless claims that are completely meaningless without reference.

And now it seems McCarthy is losing some of his famous consistency that you have so erroneously attributed to him. The latest rumour is that there will be a QB competition. Lets hope is fair. So much for the Packers moving on. So much for the famous consistency.Agreed. If the Packers do indeed open up a full competition at quarterback, they will have reneged on their commitment to Rodgers and become wishy-washy on the team concept as a response to one player's selfish actions. While it's a big-boy's game and I understand the business decision here, it definitely sends a bad message to the rest of the team.

A full commitment to a player that hasn't played an entire game versus, well you know, the other guy who hasn't missed a single game. The entire league is laughing at the absurdity of Rodgers replacing Favre without some sort of competition between the two of them.While it's a gross exaggeration and just wrong to say "the entire league is laughing at the absurdity..." it does get to the business situation the team has to deal with.

Favre said he could still play at his retirement press conference. Kind of a big red flag huh?Yes, there are red flags everywhere when it comes to Brett Favre's statements and actions this offseason.

Favre wants to play for a team that won't say one thing to his face and then do something else when he looks the other way.That'd be rich irony coming from Favre if that were his position. Favre has no business whatsoever telling the GM how to do his job. How much more disrespectful can he be to not trust the GM to do the job he's been entrusted with.

Its now a crime for a GM to listen to someone with as much experience as a Favre or Brady or Manning? TT should have simply told Favre that the decisions he made on Wahle and Riveria were in the best interests of the team. TT should not have kissed Favre's ass and in essence, lied to him. It wouldn't be a crime - just stupid. Brett Favre, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have NO experience in building a franchise and evaluating talent. For him to presume to know more than Ted Thompson about GMing the Packers is both ignorant and arrogant of him, and is a slap in the face to the GM.

And who lied in the Rivera/Wahle situation? Here are the facts.

http://packerrats.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=187&Itemid=1
The All-out Blitz

Then, in a three-part interview on July 14, 15, and 16, Brett Favre went on all-out attack against Ted Thompson and the Packers on “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren.” In the interview, he accused Thompson of lying to him about his general manager duties. At one point in the interview, Favre accused Thompson of “tricking” him into returning in 2005 by falsely promising to re-sign offensive guards Marco Rivera and/or Mike Wahle that offseason. In Favre’s own words, “So when I decided to come back, the following day, both guys signed elsewhere.”

The problem with this account is that it simply is not true. Rivera and Wahle signed with other teams on March 3, 2005. Brett Favre announced that he was returning a week later on March 10. Brett was not tricked into returning because of lies by Ted Thompson. The facts show that he is the one lying in this instance – not Thompson.

The quote at the beginning says it all: Give me my helmet or give me my release. The Packers refused him his helmet and now its Favre's fault he wants to play for the Vikings.Like many fans and most of the national media, you have the timeline backwards here. Read the whole article linked above. Favre was lieing to the team and manipulating fans and the media, positioning himself to get released long before June 20 when he gave the ultimatum, "Give me my helmet or my release." -- without committing to returning. And while they clearly tried to dissuade Favre from returning because it would put the team in a position of having to go back on its word or face even more public backlashing, the team never refused to give Brett his helmet. Obviously, the team is welcoming him back now. The position that he would be refused his helmet came from the Favre camp... Why? Because he wanted the OTHER option (his release) the whole time...

McCarthy has clearly indicated that he is going to talk with Brett and determine if he's finally committed to the Packers for this season. If he determines that he is, then he said he'll open up the competition at QB. If he decides that Favre is now committed to the Packers, then he obviously has the authority to go back on his word. In my opinion, it'd be the wrong decision because it tells the rest of the team that their work and effort doesn't mean much. But, as will others who have seen this fiasco for what it is, I will give he, Favre, Rodgers, and the team my support. I sure as hell won't be rooting for the Bears or Vikings anytime soon.

Carolina_Packer
08-04-2008, 06:28 AM
McCarthy has clearly indicated that he is going to talk with Brett and determine if he's finally committed to the Packers for this season. If he determines that he is, then he said he'll open up the competition at QB. If he decides that Favre is now committed to the Packers, then he obviously has the authority to go back on his word. In my opinion, it'd be the wrong decision because it tells the rest of the team that their work and effort doesn't mean much. But, as will others who have seen this fiasco for what it is, I will give he, Favre, Rodgers, and the team my support. I sure as hell won't be rooting for the Bears or Vikings anytime soon.

Regarding the comment in bold above, what I keep going back to is, if his rejoining the team is on the up and up and Brett shows the old fire/talent, how is it going to look to players if they see first-hand the team artificially promoting a guy (Rodgers) who isn't as good (at least how the players see it) just so the team can move toward the future and make their decision? I'm sure players want the best guy at each position starting, but don't want to be put in a position of having to choose sides since they work so closely and it would be uncomfortable. They want to win. If Favre sits on the bench as a punishment for not retiring or waffling, or shooting his mouth off to the media, then none of that really does rise to the level of insolence that some guys give a team, and certainly NONE of them have earned the capital that Brett has built up. I'm not saying you let Brett run the team or walk all over anyone. Sure, he has offered his opinions about player, coaching moves, but I think he's always been able to let it go when it was time to train and play. We'll see if he can do that this time around.

Hell, much talk is bullshit anyway. Blah, blah, blah. There are only a few really important conversations. There's also a lot of noise too. The proof is in the pudding, or the performance, and if Favre has the balls he's had in the past to strap on a helmet, and the talent to match, then game on, and let all this other blah, blah crap fade away. Let's let the best guy take the field and lead us. May the best guy win.

vince
08-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Nice post Carolina. Although I'd love to see a trade - and soon, that makes sense. Unfortunately, everyone has been put in a difficult-to-win situation here.

I think it was Harv that said he expects this all to end badly, regardless of how we ultimately get to the end this season. If that happens, there will be plenty of blame thrown around, and some of it will be legitimate.

Fritz
08-04-2008, 07:12 AM

Regarding the comment in bold above, what I keep going back to is, if his rejoining the team is on the up and up and Brett shows the old fire/talent, how is it going to look to players if they see first-hand the team artificially promoting a guy (Rodgers) who isn't as good (at least how the players see it) just so the team can move toward the future and make their decision? I'm sure players want the best guy at each position starting, but don't want to be put in a position of having to choose sides since they work so closely and it would be uncomfortable. They want to win. If Favre sits on the bench as a punishment for not retiring or waffling, or shooting his mouth off to the media, then none of that really does rise to the level of insolence that some guys give a team, and certainly NONE of them have earned the capital that Brett has built up. I'm not saying you let Brett run the team or walk all over anyone. Sure, he has offered his opinions about player, coaching moves, but I think he's always been able to let it go when it was time to train and play. We'll see if he can do that this time around.

Hell, much talk is bullshit anyway. Blah, blah, blah. There are only a few really important conversations. There's also a lot of noise too. The proof is in the pudding, or the performance, and if Favre has the balls he's had in the past to strap on a helmet, and the talent to match, then game on, and let all this other blah, blah crap fade away. Let's let the best guy take the field and lead us. May the best guy win.

I absolutely disagree, Carolina. If Favre ends up starting for GB this year, then I think that's the beginning of the end for MM. How can any player give any credibility to his statements about the importance of offseason work if Favre can sashay in at the last second and just start again?

MM goes on and on about the importance of offseason workouts, and points out that those who don't come - the vets like Harris and Woodson - do all these rigorous workouts on their own. And hell, Woodson even came in this year. MM has made such a big deal about the offseason stuff that if Favre just waltzes in, the team will lose all respect for MM.

Even if Favre is his old self, MM's tenure will be wrecked. The other players around Favre will be disillusioned, and pretty soon the locker room will be like the Detroit Lions.

Favre, if he stays with this team, will be its undoing.

The Leaper
08-04-2008, 07:47 AM
I absolutely disagree, Carolina. If Favre ends up starting for GB this year, then I think that's the beginning of the end for MM. How can any player give any credibility to his statements about the importance of offseason work if Favre can sashay in at the last second and just start again?

Um...because he's the best player on the roster at the position?

Favre isn't being given his starting spot back Fritz. He will have to EARN IT against a hungry young kid who has been working extremely hard all offseason.

MM goes on and on about the importance of offseason workouts, and points out that those who don't come - the vets like Harris and Woodson - do all these rigorous workouts on their own. And hell, Woodson even came in this year. MM has made such a big deal about the offseason stuff that if Favre just waltzes in, the team will lose all respect for MM.

Yawn. The players understand the situation. When they have 3 MVP awards and a Super Bowl ring, they might garner some favorable treatment as well.

Even if Favre is his old self, MM's tenure will be wrecked. The other players around Favre will be disillusioned, and pretty soon the locker room will be like the Detroit Lions.

Yeah...just like Coughlin's tenure in NY was wrecked by guys like Barber, Shockey, and Strahan. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your point has no merit...it is an opinion, and one without any real evidence to back it up.

Pugger
08-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I don't think that if Brett is allowed to compete for his old job it is the beginning of the end for MM. I firmly believe all of this mess this summer is/was because Brett couldn't committ 100% to football and THAT is why MM and TT kept saying the team was moving forward without Favre!! I'm sure the bulk of the conversation between MM and Brett today will be MM determining if Brett is NOW 100% on board and ready to go. If MM is satisfied with Brett's answers he'll be on the field with the fellas tomorrow afternoon. And I seriously doubt the other players are wringing their hands about Brett's return (with the exception of #12 of course). Most of the guys are too busy worrying about their OWN jobs and their own play to give a darn. They only care if someone coming in will help the ball club win games. I'm sure they are privately relieved all these Brett questions from the media will soon cease. :talk: