PDA

View Full Version : Will the great equalizer, kharma, settle the controversy?

Patler
08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
In sports almost more than in life as a whole, it seems that people who instigate controversy suffer from it in the long run. It seldom seems to turn out well. Favre has accumulated a lot of kharma debt in this mess. It all stems from his indecisiveness, and more importantly his failure to recognize that his delay in making decisions and his inability to stick with a decision affects so many others.

His indecision has affected everyone in the locker room to some extent. He has particularly and directly impacted in a negative way individuals like Rodgers, Thompson and Campen, and to a lesser extent Brohm and Flynn. His waffling has even resulted in Packer fan pitted against Packer fan.

Will kharma exact repayment from Favre on the football field?

DonHutson
08-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Combine this with his spitting in the eye of the Madden curse...

That's some mighty thin ice.

oregonpackfan
08-03-2008, 05:10 PM
The Favre Saga has also affected other teams. I can't help but feel that QB's Jeff Garcia of Tampa Bay, Tarvaris Jackson of the Vikings, and Rex Grossman of the Bears have all been wondering if their jobs are in jeopardy should Favre join their team.

boiga
08-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Uhm.. Patler, you're posts are generally very insightful... but hoping for a Kharmic backlash seems more than a little ridiculous.

T.O.'s kharma from Philly gave him his idyllic situation in Dallas. The same with Moss and the Raiders. Kharma doesn't have any more to do with success in this league than does divine intervention. Both sides pray equally, but only one gets to win.

Edit: I'd be more worried about the Madden Curse. That one at least has some correlation with FAIL to back it up.

Patler
08-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Uhm.. Patler, you're posts are generally very insightful... but hoping for a Kharmic backlash seems more than a little ridiculous.

T.O.'s kharma from Philly gave him his idyllic situation in Dallas. The same with Moss and the Raiders. Kharma doesn't have any more to do with success in this league than does divine intervention. Both sides pray equally, but only one gets to win.

Edit: I'd be more worried about the Madden Curse. That one at least has some correlation with FAIL to back it up.

Uhm...boiga, who is hoping for anything? All I did was open a topic for discussion.

Moss suffered in Oakland. He has improved his ways, has been virtually noncontroversial, and he was rewarded to some extent in NE, but still has not achieved the ultimate prize. T.O. has been on better behavior too, but what has he achieved?

Perhaps some of you are too new to remember the periodic discussions we had about kharma in the past (lead by Tarlam as I recall).

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2008, 08:25 PM
There are some people that are really giddy about this, but I have a feeling this doesn't have a storybook ending. Call it karma. Call it not trusting a 39-year-old QB who wasn't committed much to playing all summer. Call it the Madden Curse. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that Brett doesn't play anywhere near the level he played at last year. I'd love to think he comes back, plays like an MVP, and exorcises he playoff demons on the way to a Super Bowl championship, but I have my doubts.

gex
08-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Iwouldn't worry about karma, he has 16 years of being a great leader and teammate, in the karma bank.

SnakeLH2006
08-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Combine this with his spitting in the eye of the Madden curse...

That's some mighty thin ice.

Favre's Karma must be stronger than Madden this year, as Favre un-retired and Madden sucks balls this year.

I tried the demo out for PS3 and Xbox 360, both were underwhelming. Far worse, the fact it picks the sliders/settings/difficulty for you without an option (this is from the lackluster previews it's been getting from websites recently).

swede
08-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Iwouldn't worry about karma, he has 16 years of being a great leader and teammate, in the karma bank.

Yeah, but lately there have been more withdrawals than deposits.

The Leaper
08-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Madden has sucked balls for about 4 or 5 years now.

SnakeLH2006
08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Madden has sucked balls for about 4 or 5 years now.

True...that shit happens when monopolies like EA buy up the NFL license. Too bad NFL2K doesn't have the license as 2k5 was the shit, I got All-Pro 2k8 last year, but it just wasn't the same w/out the NFL teams/players.