PDA

View Full Version : That Big Black Cloud Over Lambeau Is Dark In Irony

son of a vic
08-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Coincidence? I think that's not the case. This is probably a sign of things to come in the upcoming season. The unstable atmospheric conditions that create a tornado, pail in comparison to what our high maintanance QB can do to an entire (Packer) nation. His inabilty to make a decision and stick to it, has and will, take it's toll on the Packer organization, no matter the outcome from here forward.

Things will never be the way they were before the "R" word was spoken.
He has now alienated some that used to admire him. And I don't think he is thick skinned enough to handle criticism from the same folks who used to adore the ground he walked on. Some surely will back him no matter what he does, but I get the feeling the free pass he used to enjoy from the local and state media, is a thing of the past.

This will forever tarnish his squeeky clean image, but worse than that,it will forever polarize Packer Nation, even after he does "retire" for real.(if that is possible.)

cpk1994
08-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Coincidence? I think that's not the case. This is probably a sign of things to come in the upcoming season. The unstable atmosheric conditions that create a tornado, pail in comparison to what our high maintanance QB can do to an entire (Packer) nation. His inabilty to make a decision and stick to it, has and will, take it's toll on the Packer organization, no matter the outcome from here forward.

Things will never be the way they were before the "R" word was spoken.
He has now alienated some that used to admire him. And I don't think he is thick skinned enough to handle criticism from the same folks who used to adore the ground he walked on. Some surely will back him no matter what he does, but I get the feeling the free pass he used to enjoy from the media, is a thing of the past.

This will forever tarnish his squeeky clean image, but worse than that,it will forever polarize Packer Nation, even after he does "retire" for real.(if that is possible.)Umm, he is still getting a free pass from the media. Haven't been watching FavreSPN have you?

son of a vic
08-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I should have clarified "local media" he would have to commit a felony before the national media would dig their claws into his flesh.

texaspackerbacker
08-03-2008, 08:03 PM
What the damned media thinks/says/writes is not nearly as important as what the fans think. And what the fans think is not even all that significant compared to the reality of the situation.

The last chapters of this haven't been written yet. I don't like the whole distraction of having Favre in camp in an active way. I was prepared for a scenario where he did his individual drills and languished on the bench, but now, what we have is a truly screwed up mess.

Yesterday, with Grant getting signed and it seeming at least 50/50 that Favre would take the money to retire, everything was looking great. Now to a great extent, things have turned to shit.

I will say, though, the positive of having Grant outweighs the negative of today's crap.

son of a vic
08-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I will cherish this day always as the day Tex didn't call me an ingrade,idiot,hater--------------------in at least one post! A little sunshine on an otherwise stormy day.