PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for the circus?

arcilite
08-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Now that Favre is in town...the circus has started me thinks.

If he is on this team all season...ugh....It will be like this all season long.

And imagine what next off-season will be like.

And then if he ever retires we will have to wait till the start of the season to see if he actually means it.

Damnt.

Pacopete4
08-03-2008, 10:42 PM
who cares?... seriously, who really gives a fuck..

we get a chance, maybe a slight chance, to watch one of the best players we will ever see play again and people are bitching about it?... Arod may be a fine QB... but I dont wanna see that guy hang em up, he's too damn good and too good for this game

arcilite
08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
who cares?... seriously, who really gives a fuck..

we get a chance, maybe a slight chance, to watch one of the best players we will ever see play again and people are bitching about it?... Arod may be a fine QB... but I dont wanna see that guy hang em up, he's too damn good and too good for this game

then lets bring back LT to help us out on our blitzes... because if you have something against bringing one of the best players we will ever see play again, then you dont belong here.

Pacopete4
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Can LT still play at a HOF level?... Did he ever play for us?..... stupid

SnakeLH2006
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM

And then if he ever retires we will have to wait till the start of the season to see if he actually means it.

Damnt.

Why run the guy out of town and/or bitch about it? All things work themselves out with communication as I predicted Brett only wanted to be the Packers QB a month ago and that'd he'd be back in GB by training camp and most said "What???" Well he's here, so deal with it. How does this make us a WORSE team as Brett was 2nd in MVP voting just a few months ago. Real shitty option, eh?

So go ahead and cheer for the ViQueens then. They have a number one QB there named Tavaris. Cheer for him.

arcilite
08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Can LT still play at a HOF level?... Did he ever play for us?..... stupid

Can FAvre still play at a HOF level?

Over the past 3 years he has an average QB rating of 79.

Yes, last year he did awesome.

We dont know if he will be able to do it again... he has not appeared committed to play at all this off-season.

Every extra year with Brett now...slows down the team's ability to find the future QB

Lurker64
08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I wonder what the odds are that McCarthy closes practice to fans/the media.

It won't be their first choice (fans will certainly be unhappy), but if outside influences are too much of a pain in the ass (e.g. fans boo Rodgers every time they see him and yell for Favre.)

This can work out okay if the fans just sit back and recognize that they aren't qualified to make roster or depth chart decisions and let McCarthy and Thompson do their work, so it's really up to us (the Packer Fans, that is, not Ras) to make sure this isn't a circus.

So if you're in Green Bay and/or are going to a practice, scrimmage, or preseason game you should just cheer everyone in Green and Gold, no matter who you'd prefer behind center.

Pacopete4
08-03-2008, 10:51 PM
ill flip.... im going down there this week

The Leaper
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
You mean the last week HASN'T been a circus?

The Leaper
08-03-2008, 10:56 PM
It won't be their first choice (fans will certainly be unhappy), but if outside influences are too much of a pain in the ass (e.g. fans boo Rodgers every time they see him and yell for Favre.)

I don't think anyone will be booing Rodgers.

Why the hell is the anti-Favre crowd so adamant that everyone hates Rodgers? Just because all of you HATE Favre...and don't mince words about it...that doesn't mean that people who disagree with you hate Rodgers the same way.

I'm guessing no Packer fans boo Rodgers. He's as much a Green Bay Packer as Favre is. I want both guys to succeed.

pbmax
08-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I am pretty sure a month ago he was asking for his release. And two weeks ago his agent was telling ESPN that they didn't want the circus.

And it affects the team because the entire offseason has been preparing for Rodgers and life without Favre. Tony Dungy said that changing directions like this is one of the hardest things to do as a coach, because everyones mindset must change.

But perhaps there are better experts out there in Ratland than a Super Bowl winning coach.

Damnt.

Why run the guy out of town and/or bitch about it? All things work themselves out with communication as I predicted Brett only wanted to be the Packers QB a month ago and that'd he'd be back in GB by training camp and most said "What???" Well he's here, so deal with it. How does this make us a WORSE team as Brett was 2nd in MVP voting just a few months ago. Real shitty option, eh?

So go ahead and cheer for the ViQueens then. They have a number one QB there named Tavaris. Cheer for him.

gex
08-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Yup, I don't think most of the Favre supporters HATE anyone, they just want Favre back.

Lurker64
08-03-2008, 11:00 PM

Why the hell is the anti-Favre crowd so adamant that everyone hates Rodgers? Just because all of you HATE Favre...and don't mince words about it...that doesn't mean that people who disagree with you hate Rodgers the same way.

I'm guessing no Packer fans boo Rodgers. He's as much a Green Bay Packer as Favre is. I want both guys to succeed.

People booed Rodgers at family night tonight (it was audible on TV and reported on the JSO blog). It's not like I'm going way out on a limb to imagine that the same sort of thing might also happen again.

So if anybody who booed Rodgers at family night reads this, knock it off.

SnakeLH2006
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM

Well put man. I'm definitely pro-Favre (just sickened the way the org. acted all in a manic panic to keep him from GB), but in no way am I anti-Arod. May the best man win, as I'm sure that is what TT is worried about. Regardless Go Pack!!

gex
08-03-2008, 11:03 PM
I am pretty sure a month ago he was asking for his release. And two weeks ago his agent was telling ESPN that they didn't want the circus.

And it affects the team because the entire offseason has been preparing for Rodgers and life without Favre. Tony Dungy said that changing directions like this is one of the hardest things to do as a coach, because everyones mindset must change.

But perhaps there are better experts out there in Ratland than a Super Bowl winning coach.

Damnt.

Maybe maybe not, but a 5 time super bowl champion was on Favres side(bradshaw)....................if you want to play, what coach/player sides with who. :wink:

Lurker64
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Maybe maybe not, but a 5 time super bowl champion was on Favres side(bradshaw)....................if you want to play, what coach/player sides with who. :wink:

In all fairness, Bradshaw didn't win a single championship with his brain. Any coach that won a championship did so with his head (and some luck) since coaches don't actually play the game. Sometimes coaches get lucky and they have all the right pieces in place and they just have to not screw things up in order to win, but at the very least a superbowl winning coach ought to be an expert on "not screwing things up."

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 11:12 PM
For the record, Bradshaw was never so smart to begin with and got hit in the head one too many times. Today I read:

Tony Dungy - Packers
Jerry Kramer - Brett Favre

gex
08-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Alright then, go digging for who all the other sb winning coachs side with. Thats more of what I was getting at.

The Leaper
08-03-2008, 11:20 PM
So if anybody who booed Rodgers at family night reads this, knock it off.

I'm guessing most of those people are still too drunk to listen. :D

digitaldean
08-03-2008, 11:47 PM

Bullsh*t with a capital B. I never once said I hate Favre. I am anti-Favre in the respect he put himself ahead of the team. I will support him if he's on this team, but my respect level for him has taken a hit due to the way he's handled this. It's great that he wanted to play for the Packers as a primary goal, but he has seemed to lose the fact that he is just an employee, not the employer. The comments made about a general manager or coach like the ones Favre made would've meant a pink slip for most people if they did in their real world jobs.

If Favre does great, I'll cheer just like I would for Rodgers. If Favre struggles this season and a change needs to be made, let's hope that those who've been so adamant for Favre now will also be able to see it. I am a Packer fan first, then I cheer for a player.

I really do want know what Favre and the team have planned for 2009. Because I don't think I can take another divisive off-season like this one.

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Bullsh*t with a capital B. I never once said I hate Favre. I am anti-Favre in the respect he put himself ahead of the team. I will support him if he's on this team, but my respect level for him has taken a hit due to the way he's handled this. It's great that he wanted to play for the Packers as a primary goal, but he has seemed to lose the fact that he is just an employee, not the employer. The comments made about a general manager or coach like the ones Favre made would've meant a pink slip for most people if they did in their real world jobs.

If Favre does great, I'll cheer just like I would for Rodgers. If Favre struggles this season and a change needs to be made, let's hope that those who've been so adamant for Favre now will also be able to see it. I am a Packer fan first, then I cheer for a player.

I really do want know what Favre and the team have planned for 2009. Because I don't think I can take another divisive off-season like this one.

Agreed. There's only one or two posters that "hate" Favre. Seems like there's a lot more hate directed at Ted Thompson by the "pro-Favre" crowd.

Let's roll with this situation this year, but I wouldn't mind the Packers just cutting ties with him after this season. We'll see if he can lead this talented, young team to the Super Bowl. If he can't (e.g. another playoff defeat where he's a big part of the loss), then it's time to move on. Super Bowl or bust.

bobblehead
08-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't hate favre either, but I have to admit he didn't want to participate in the offseason program...and he didn't. After that I didn't want him back, I'll be honest about that.

All of you who are happy to have favre back should consider the cost. Management has caved twice in a week to players who are putting themselves above the team....i don't like where this is heading, I see a lot more problems caused by this than solved.