PDA

View Full Version : Hawk skips Graduation to be with Team

PCastleberg
06-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I was just listening to AJ's interview today after the OTA's.

Reporter: Did you go through Graduation?
AJ: No, that was yesterday, I was here already.

Another Reporter: Was it tough to skip your own graduation?
AJ: No, (chuckles) It really wasn't, cause I wanted to get up here as quick as possible so I got up here late Friday night. Drove up here and you know it was all football from there so I, you know the piece of paper, they don't know if I was there in the stands or not.

You can watch the video here: Packers.com (http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/packers/demand/PressConferences/060612hawk_300.rm&proto=rtsp)

Theres lots of other good stuff there...this guy just gets it and IMO has IT whatever "IT" is.

PC

MJZiggy
06-12-2006, 08:26 PM
That was a great bit. He's got a great attitude and is well-spoken on top of it.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-12-2006, 08:32 PM
If Hawked wanted to be at the graduation, he could just attend it and then fly to GB afterward. Hawk is the 5th overall pick; he is bound to get large signing bonus. While he is being dropped off at General Mitchell airport in Milwaukee, Hawk could've just stop by a dealer and buy a brand new Hummer to drive to GB.

But when you look at the fact that Hawk idolizes Pat Tillman, everything becomes so clear.

billy_oliver880
06-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Graduation is just for show anyways.

BlueBrewer
06-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I didn't walk either, the ceremony is for grandparents. Of course I am not an All American Linebacker , just a 5th year senior at the time.

Partial
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
why are you bad mouthing pat tillmen?

PCastleberg
06-12-2006, 09:29 PM

Tell that to Vince Carter... :wink:

Anti-Polar Bear
06-12-2006, 11:18 PM

I AM not mouthing Tillman. I AM making reference to him. See, Tillman joined the Army and was low key; just another guy amongst his peers. IMO, Hawk is trying to be like that. Had Hawk attended the cermony, he would have stood out; Hawk wanted to be just another guy.

This is not to say in a bad way but i do, and i really do hope Hawk stood out as a LB. Otherwise, ted thompson is the motherfucker of the world.

billy_oliver880
06-12-2006, 11:41 PM

Let me reword that. I think that graduating is key but commencement is not that important. You can get the piece of paper without walking across the stage.

red
06-13-2006, 07:29 AM
why in the hell do people use real player? that is the absolute worst pile of crap made.

Rastak
06-13-2006, 07:39 AM

Let me reword that. I think that graduating is key but commencement is not that important. You can get the piece of paper without walking across the stage.

Which is what I did......I had a full time job and had no time for ceremony.

The Leaper
06-13-2006, 07:53 AM
The ceremony is boring as hell. What is great is all the parties afterward. Since AJ wasn't going to stick around for the parties anyway, why stay for the boring ceremony?

Kiwon
06-13-2006, 08:25 AM

I AM not mouthing Tillman. I AM making reference to him. See, Tillman joined the Army and was low key; just another guy amongst his peers. IMO, Hawk is trying to be like that. Had Hawk attended the cermony, he would have stood out; Hawk wanted to be just another guy.

This is not to say in a bad way but i do, and i really do hope Hawk stood out as a LB. Otherwise, ted thompson is the motherfucker of the world.

APB, I completely agree with you about Hawk and Tillman. That's good insight.

billy_oliver880
06-13-2006, 08:41 AM

Which is what I did......I had a full time job and had no time for ceremony.

I did go to mine because my parents would have strung me up (by my toenails) if I didn't go. :shock:

PCastleberg
06-13-2006, 09:38 AM

I knew what you meant, thats why I was referencing Vince Carter...Remember when he flew to his graduation the morning of the day he had a game 7 playoff game that was do or die for his team. He flew to his gradutation at NC to march and then flew back to Toronto for game 7. His team lost but he had a pretty good game so he didn't take to much heat for it...still it was definately something that he could have just taken his diploma and stayed and concentrated on the game. But he had made a promise to his grandmother so he went to the graduation.

PC

PCastleberg
06-13-2006, 09:40 AM
why in the hell do people use real player? that is the absolute worst pile of crap made.

Yeah I am not a big fan either....I really wish that Packers.com would do a better job of getting everything out to the podcasts that they started. Its all piecemeal and you can never count on it being there. I like the feature but they need to put all interviews out there IMO.

PC

Anti-Polar Bear
06-13-2006, 10:06 AM

APB, I completely agree with you about Hawk and Tillman. That's good insight.

Thanks, man.

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Hawk has really showed that hes understands what it means to be a pro football players thus far. My only concern is that he takes the route of many other players and becomes touble once he shows he can play. I mean its not like he is going to piss people off b4 training camp has even started of his rooike year. I never remembered Mike M. being a problem for like 7 years and then all of a sudden changes, and we trade him to NO.

All I can say is i really hope the Hawk we see now is the Hawk we will see for the next 10 years. And I also hope that these type of mild-mannered players are the only ones to join your team in every sucessive draft that follows this one, so that your team can once again become a team.

Noodle
06-13-2006, 01:46 PM
All I can say is i really hope the Hawk we see now is the Hawk we will see for the next 10 years. And I also hope that these type of mild-mannered players are the only ones to join your team in every sucessive draft that follows this one, so that your team can once again become a team.

I just can't agree with that. I know you're not saying we should only draft a bunch of Milquetoasts, but give me the talented guy with a little mouth or attitude any day. For example, Joey Thomas was probably a whole lot more mild mannered than Ahmad Carroll, but the Pack did the right thing by hanging on to Carroll and telling Thomas to hit the bricks.

retailguy
06-13-2006, 01:58 PM

Red, you should probably sue them.

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-13-2006, 02:26 PM
[quote=PaCkFan_n_MD]All I can say is i really hope the Hawk we see now is the Hawk we will see for the next 10 years. And I also hope that these type of mild-mannered players are the only ones to join your team in every sucessive draft that follows this one, so that your team can once again become a team.

I just can't agree with that. I know you're not saying we should only draft a bunch of Milquetoasts, but give me the talented guy with a little mouth or attitude any day. For example, Joey Thomas was probably a whole lot more mild mannered than Ahmad Carroll, but the Pack did the right thing by hanging on to Carroll and telling Thomas to hit the bricks.[/quot

What I was trying to say is that I basically want players like Hawk on our team from now on. Guys that are talented but at the same time easy going layed back guys who play hard. Their would be one piont in getting players just b/c they have a good Attitude if they cant play for shit, I just thought that was common sense and didnt have to state it. And I'm 100% not saying keep the likes the joey thomas just b/c they don't talk shit.