PDA

View Full Version : Competition structure

RashanGary
08-04-2008, 07:36 AM
I think it's fair to say the team benefits from making a decision sooner than later. Once the decision is made, the team can move forward fully committed to a QB.

I think the offense should continue going forward. It should be Brett's job to catch up on whatever he missed, not the teams job to move back to Brett.

That said, I think each QB should take about half of the starters reps and maybe dip into the #2 reps as well. Rodgers should get one quarter and Favre should get one quarter in each of the first two preseason games.

Based on the play in practice and the first two preseason games I think McCarthy could make a decision to commit to one guy as the starter and start working on getting that person ready for the Monday night opener by giving him the lions shart of the starter snaps.

I think this is a pretty fair structure and I do think Rodgers can outplay Brett if he's given a fair chance to compete with the same players.

vince
08-04-2008, 07:45 AM
One thing is for sure if Favre stays onboard...

Favre/Rodgers backed up by Favre/Rodgers and Brohm as the emergency QB would be the absolute envy of the league in terms of QB talent and depth.