PDA

View Full Version : Why did Favre bring his agent with him?

Patler
08-04-2008, 07:49 AM
He wants to play football, or so he says.
He wants to play in GB, or so he says.
Why did he bring his agent with him?

For what possible reason can he be here, other than to continue negotiating the personal services contract? Some have suggested that Favre reported to up the pressure to hopefully get a larger deal.

He certainly isn't need if Favre intends to accept his role in GB, whatever it is. He isn't needed in GB if they are expecting the Packers to trade or release Favre. His only purpose to be in Green Bay would be to negotiate with the Packers.

Zool
08-04-2008, 07:50 AM
In negotiations with his own body, he no longer wants to hold his own junk when in the bathroom. James "Urinal Cakes" Cook has now been given the starting jock holding job.

From what I understand, the ass wiping job is still in competition.

The Leaper
08-04-2008, 07:53 AM
His only purpose would be to negotiate with the Packers.

I'm sure Favre doesn't have any real clue what the Packers are going to do with him either. Having Cook around is probably a good idea.

Patler
08-04-2008, 08:02 AM
His only purpose would be to negotiate with the Packers.

I'm sure Favre doesn't have any real clue what the Packers are going to do with him either. Having Cook around is probably a good idea.

For what? Favre supposedly came here to play football. He has decided he is committed to that. The agent isn't needed for that, and can't do anything about what goes on in practice.

Contrary to what we heard last night, I think the personal services contract will still be discussed.

The Leaper
08-04-2008, 08:03 AM
For what? Favre supposedly came here to play football.

That doesn't mean Green Bay wants him here. From all Favre has heard, Green Bay has "moved on". I'd bring my agent too.

Patler
08-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Just had a thought, MM is supposed to meet with Favre and then all the QBs. I wonder what he will do if Favre brings his agent along?

Patler
08-04-2008, 08:07 AM

That doesn't mean Green Bay wants him here. From all Favre has heard, Green Bay has "moved on". I'd bring my agent too.

For what? What will the agent do?
The Packers can run Favre through his physical and practice him, or they can release him. The agent isn't involved with either of those activities.

sheepshead
08-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Brett needs to fire that guy.

BobDobbs
08-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I hope it is not to instigate a circus. I think what is probably going on is that all options are still on the table and Brett wants his agent there to deal with those. I'd bet the marketing services contract is one of those. But if a trade happens it may happen quickly. It's possible that Cook could be given the rights to negotiate with other teams, or that he wants to try to leverage something out of Ted Thompson.
I see it as a smart move if he has someone in his corner focusing on the business and trade possibilities, then Favre can focus on football.

prsnfoto
08-04-2008, 08:58 AM

For what? What will the agent do?
The Packers can run Favre through his physical and practice him, or they can release him. The agent isn't involved with either of those activities.

To be a witness in case the Packers decide to do anything that is against union rules?

The Leaper
08-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I see it as a smart move if he has someone in his corner focusing on the business and trade possibilities, then Favre can focus on football.

Precisely...that is what an agent is for, and Favre has no guarantee from the Packers that he will be playing for them come September.

Patler
08-04-2008, 09:06 AM

Precisely...that is what an agent is for, and Favre has no guarantee from the Packers that he will be playing for them come September.

But he doesn't have to be in GB for that, and arguably could negotiate better with another team at their place, or from his own office with his own staff.

I still submit the only reason for him to be in GB is to negotiate with the Packers, and at this point the only negotiation with the Packers is whether or not Favre accepts the personal services contract. Nothing else requires him to be in GB.