PDA

View Full Version : Another writers take on the circus

bobblehead
08-04-2008, 10:17 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8410850/Never-thought-we%27d-see-Favre-like-this

This author kinda sums up how I feel right now.

packinpatland
08-04-2008, 10:29 AM
"You can't fault Favre if he takes the money, but hopefully he will tell Thompson and Murphy to keep their millions. He wants to play football.
On Hall of Fame weekend, the Packers want to turn Brett Favre into a $20 million greeter.
The league is bigger, if not better, than this"

I prefer Rhoden from the NYT

bobblehead
08-04-2008, 11:03 AM
The shame is that, in the not so distant past, Favre was the pure guy, the untouchable, the great teammate who played for the love of the game. Now he shows up in training camp having spent the last few days contemplating how much it would have cost the Packers to keep him retired.
Green Bay didn't meet his price. That doesn't mean he didn't have one, though.

And for most people, that's the real price of this maudlin play, starring Brett Favre as "Redneck Hamlet." He's gone from being an icon to just another superstar, another guy who, despite the most earnest proclamations, puts himself above the team.
=======================================

I actually was referring more to this part.

vince
08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Change your mind once, OK. Change it again, less OK. But to jerk people around as Favre has done — issuing public denials while allegedly negotiating with a divisional rival — is not. I don't like taking management's side, but he's humiliated a team that tried to do the right thing by him.

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 12:36 PM
"You can't fault Favre if he takes the money, but hopefully he will tell Thompson and Murphy to keep their millions. He wants to play football.
On Hall of Fame weekend, the Packers want to turn Brett Favre into a $20 million greeter.

I prefer Rhoden from the NYTOF course, because like you he sniff Favre's jock.

packinpatland
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM

I prefer Rhoden from the NYTOF course, because like you he sniff Favre's jock.

Mmmm..........sorry that doesn't sound even slightly appealing.....don't care whose jock it is. But then.........do you speak from experience?