PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back From Vaca

Chevelle2
08-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Last night, and am hearing its an open competition, but there is a meeting? Huh? Can someone gimmie a quick rundown and also what the next step is from here on out and possible options?

Thanks.

Chevelle2
08-04-2008, 12:11 PM
no?

packers11
08-04-2008, 12:20 PM
the fans really don't know much because the organization isn't really telling how its going to play out...

All that is known is that there will be 'open competition'

It could pan out 100 different ways...

Packgator
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Can someone gimmie a quick rundow

You didn't miss a thing. It's been really quiet. Not much of anything going on. Just a typical "boring" last couple of weeks.

retailguy
08-04-2008, 12:38 PM
They brought in some guy named "farver" or something like that... Not sure where he came from. Someone said he owns some tractors down in Mississippi.

Said there would be a quarterback competition. Other than that, it's been relatively quiet around here.

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
First of all, no one has said there will be an open comeptition. McCarthy claimed nothing has been discussed yet.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
You haven't missed anything really other than Favre flew in on his plane and family night went so-so in all aspects pretty much

other than that... in about a week all this crapola will disappear and Favre will be at the helm of the pack and we'll be talking about how many games we are gonna win this year and how we are NFC favorites

Harlan Huckleby
08-04-2008, 12:48 PM
First of all, no one has said there will be an open comeptition. McCarthy claimed nothing has been discussed yet.

get over it, cpk1994. If the Packers were going to slot Favre as the backup, they would be stressing that. They are following path of least resistance, which is to give Favre a chance at starter spot.

The interesting part comes if Favre doesn't get the starter job.

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 12:50 PM

get over it, cpk1994. If the Packers were going to slot Favre as the backup, they would be stressing that. They are following path of least resistance, which is to give Favre a chance at starter spot.

The interesting part comes if Favre doesn't get the starter job.IF Favre gets the starting job, then McCarthy loses all credibility. He'll be nothing more than a snake in the grass.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 12:50 PM

The interesting part comes if Favre doesn't get the starter job.IF Favre gets the starting job, then McCarthy loses all credibility. He'll be nothing more than a snake in the grass.

Well when they both have super bowl rings.. I dont want you to celebrate it at all... ok pumpkin?

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Well when they both have super bowl rings.. I dont want you to celebrate it at all... ok pumpkin?And when Favre flames out in spectaular fashon again, I will llaugh my ass off and MCCarthy will get his just reward, hopefully unemployment.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 12:55 PM

Well when they both have super bowl rings.. I dont want you to celebrate it at all... ok pumpkin?And when Favre flames out in spectaular fashon again, I will llaugh my ass off and MCCarthy will get his just reward, hopefully unemployment.

you're not a packer fan because losing any game is no laughing matter...

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 01:11 PM

you're not a packer fan because losing any game is no laughing matter...It will be for me. They are both POS.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM

you're not a packer fan because losing any game is no laughing matter...It will be for me. They are both POS.

cpk, I want you to change your avatar. No Packers fan would ever root for the Pack to lose. Ever. For any reason. If you don't support the Packers enough to root for them, go to another forum and root for a team you do support. A win is a win, regardless who is winning it. The team is more important than Favre, but it is also more important than Rodgers.

I hope Rodgers wins the competition. But if it turns out that Favre wins, then Rodgers really doesn't have anything to bitch about. He was given a shot and he lost. He'll get over it.

Now, if Rodgers wins a competiton and Favre is declared the starter anyway, then I can agree with you somewhat. Favre should not be given the job simply because his name is Brett Favre. But fair is fair. If he wins, he starts. Put yourself in HIS shoes for a second. If you fairly and objectively won an open competition yet didn't get the job, how would you feel?