PDA

View Full Version : TT and m3 might have and hands tied

wpony
08-04-2008, 01:03 PM
you know I have been sitting back here thinking what might have changed they both seemed pretty set that there was not going to be any competion if Brett came back do you think they were forced into this by mark murphy?
I say Rodgers was named 1 he should be there for now and when Brett starts competting he has to beat him out and not tie him we want our best players starting period.

sharpe1027
08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
you know I have been sitting back here thinking what might have changed they both seemed pretty set that there was not going to be any competion if Brett came back do you think they were forced into this by mark murphy?
I say Rodgers was named 1 he should be there for now and when Brett starts competting he has to beat him out and not tie him we want our best players starting period.

No. I think this may have been the plan from the start. Obviously they were pushing Brett to stay retired; however, I've never heard a definitive statement that Favre could not ever compete for the job. Sure, what they said was very close, but I have yet to see a quote that explicitly states Favre would be benched. Most of the quotes simply stated that A. Rodgers was their man and that they had moved on. To me, that doesn't exclude the possibility that the situation can change once Favre actually showed up.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM
No. I think this may have been the plan from the start. Obviously they were pushing Brett to stay retired; however, I've never heard a definitive statement that Favre could not ever compete for the job. Sure, what they said was very close, but I have yet to see a quote that explicitly states Favre would be benched. Most of the quotes simply stated that A. Rodgers was their man and that they had moved on. To me, that doesn't exclude the possibility that the situation can change once Favre actually showed up.

Agreed. The media speculated that he could only be a backup, but Thompson and McCarthy never said that. At least, not publicly.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 01:34 PM
exactly.. the "rodgers is our guy" comments only have come when Favre was officially not on the team so I dont see a problem with them sayin it at that time.. NOW, if they come out and say that now and Favre starts then people can have a problem with them lying to us

ND72
08-04-2008, 01:35 PM

Agreed. The media speculated that he could only be a backup, but Thompson and McCarthy never said that. At least, not publicly.

usually that was the famous "a source close to Brett Favre"....

MacCool606
08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
This may sound dumb - but - is it possible that Rodgers may have agreed to something that led to the change in the front offices stance? I haven't read it anywhere, but part of the problem was always how Rodgers would react if Brett came back.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 02:10 PM
This may sound dumb - but - is it possible that Rodgers may have agreed to something that led to the change in the front offices stance? I haven't read it anywhere, but part of the problem was always how Rodgers would react if Brett came back.

It's what I'm hoping anyway. With as much as the Packers have invested in Rodgers, I find it highly doubtful they would have made this decision if Rodgers was serious about demanding a trade should Favre come back to Green Bay.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 02:11 PM

It's what I'm hoping anyway. With as much as the Packers have invested in Rodgers, I find it highly doubtful they would have made this decision if Rodgers was serious about demanding a trade should Favre come back to Green Bay.

It's hard to imagine that TT/MM have not had a sit down with Arod over this already