PDA

View Full Version : VIKINGS DID NOT TAMPER WITH PACKERS, FAVRE...

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:06 PM
OUR ORGANIZATION LOOKS LIKE A JOKE AGAIN... THANKS TT[/b]

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 03:08 PM
We look like a joke?

Um, most tampering charges end up without a conviction.

Tony Oday
08-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks TT I agree! I love the fact we went 13-3 last year and rebuilt a cost effective roster so I agree thanks!

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:10 PM
We look like a joke?

we absolutely do... the vikes didn't do shit, and TT got pissed because all the rumors and went after em with no f'ing evidence to try to smear them.. classless.... i never thought i'd see the day where the vikings look better than the packers but wow...

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 03:11 PM
We look like a joke?

we absolutely do... the vikes didn't do shit, and TT got pissed because all the rumors and went after em with no f'ing evidence to try to smear them.. classless.... i never thought i'd see the day where the vikings look better than the packers but wow...You guys believe this joker. WHer is the proof. There is nothing on NFL.com, ESPN.com or SI.com. Proof Paco or its BS.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm watching NFL Live buddy... just was reported.. the Packers organization is a bunch of tools right now

The Leaper
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Huh? How does Green Bay look like joke?

The Packers have 2 capable QBs in camp, along with 2 promising rookies.

The Vikings still have Tavaris Jackson. (Sorry Ras)

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:14 PM
because we tired to smear another organization over nothing.. and it makes us look bad... it has nothing to do with who has better QB's

cpk1994
I'm watching NFL Live buddy... just was reported.. the Packers organization is a bunch of tools right nowNO only you are a tool, but it still holds, show me the proof.

Pacopete4
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/04/goodell-says-vikings-didn-t-tamper.aspx

BOOOOOOMSHAKALAKA

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 03:15 PM
because we tired to smear another organization over nothing.. and it makes us look bad... it has nothing to do with who has better QB's

Even if the tampering proves to be false, I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 03:16 PM
We look like a joke?

we absolutely do... the vikes didn't do shit, and TT got pissed because all the rumors and went after em with no f'ing evidence to try to smear them.. classless.... i never thought i'd see the day where the vikings look better than the packers but wow...

Do you think TT would go after the Vikes if he didn't think he had even the slightest bit of a case? You think TT just said "Eh, screw it, let's file tampering charges...why not?" Classless? Please, you don't know the whole story, nor do I. But anybody who has paid any attention to Ted's character would know he wouldn't do this just for the hell of it.

The Vikings look better? Last time I checked we're the defending NFC North champions. That's the only thing I care about.

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/04/goodell-says-vikings-didn-t-tamper.aspx

BOOOOOOMSHAKALAKAOK thats better. But I never believe one word out of a Favre jock sniffers mouth with out evidence to back it up. Just beucaue there was no evidence found by the commish doens't mean it didn't happen. As someone else sad, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..."

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
NO TAMPERING PENALTY FOR VIKINGS
Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2008, 4:01 p.m. EDT

Though it’s unclear where this new was first reported (we think it was Sirius NFL Radio), Adam Schefter of NFL Network confirms that the “Minneapolis” (thanks, Greta) Vikings won’t be punished for allegedly tampering with Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

The Packers made the charge last month based on their belief that Favre had excessive communications with Vikings offensive coordinator Darell Bevell, who previously was Favre’s quarterbacks coach in Green Bay.

Favre recently admitted that he talked both to Bevell and to Vikings head coach Brad Childress, but Favre denied that they enticed him to play for the Vikings.

And thus the clusterfudge that is the Packers organization looks foolish yet again in this protracted string of gaffes and embarrassments.

UPDATE: Here’s what the Packers have to say about the situation, “Based on the information that we had, the Packers thought it was appropriate to bring this matter to the league’s attention. We respect the Commissioner’s investigation of this matter and we now consider it closed.”

I'd love to see that info... it was probably a "close source" that said Favre wanted to stick it to TT for being a douche

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2008, 03:19 PM

Even if the tampering proves to be false, I mean, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

I find it hard to believe there was no "improper" communication--whether it was just to rile things up or not. Childress took a little too much satisfaction in the "soap opera" in Green Bay for me to believe there wasn't something to it.

It's a lot harder to prove it though. Not everybody that is ruled "not guilty" is innocent. We'll never know. If it did happen though, you can be sure that they'll likely think twice about doing something similar in the future.

We move on.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:19 PM

BOOOOOOMSHAKALAKAOK thats better. But I never believe one word out of a Favre jock sniffers mouth with out evidence to back it up. Just beucaue there was no evidence found by the commish doens't mean it didn't happen. As someone else sad, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..."

Just cuz youre a "packer fan" doesn't mean the Packers are always in the right.. we fucked up once again, and we look bad for it.. the end

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Yup, we look so bad that NFL Live took all of 30 seconds, if that, to mention it. :roll:

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 03:21 PM

I find it hard to believe there was no "improper" communication--whether it was just to rile things up or not. Childress took a little too much satisfaction in the "soap opera" in Green Bay for me to believe there wasn't something to it.

It's a lot harder to prove it though. Not everybody that is ruled "not guilty" is innocent. We'll never know. If it did happen though, you can be sure that they'll likely think twice about doing something similar in the future.

We move on.Exactly. Spot on.

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Yup, we look so bad that NFL Live took all of 30 seconds, if that, to mention it. :roll:The only ones who think this makes the Packers look bad are the Favre sycophants.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Yup, we look so bad that NFL Live took all of 30 seconds, if that, to mention it. :roll:

It'll just be another little side note for this franchise and this situation that in the end, will look shady on the side of the Packers.. and if you're ok with that, than so be it.. but I'm having trouble not wanting to punch my viking friends that are laughing at this whole situation because our "sacred'' Packers look like fuckin bozo the clown these days

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 03:24 PM

Just cuz youre a "packer fan" doesn't mean the Packers are always in the right.. we fucked up once again, and we look bad for it.. the end

Paco, now you are being spiteful. The fact of the matter is it LOOKED like tampering, so we ACTED as if it were tampering. Had we just ignored it, it still may have become tampering. Had we just pretended nothing happened, Favre may be a Viking right now. So stop acting like you know all the details.

Besides that, I could care less if we look bad to the Vikings. I hate the Vikings. It does not matter how they feel about the Packers. Even if they were in the right here, I still hope they finish 0-16 and thier first overall pick next year turns out to be a bigger bust than Tony Mandarich. I'd smear the hell out of that franchise every opportunity I got. (Sorry Ras, but that's how I feel.)

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Prez Bush just gave Teddy the thumbs up for being a good leader...

cpk1994
08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Prez Bush just gave Teddy the thumbs up for being a good leader...NOw you are just being an asshole.

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2008, 03:28 PM

I think you are counting your eggs before they hatch. I believe I read somewhere that A Rod was 7 of 20 for 0 TDs and 1 Int in the Packers scrimmage. I realize it is only a scrimmage but someting to consider anyway. By the way Jackson looked sharp in the Viking scrimmage against KC.

P.S. As embarassed as I'm sure Pack fans are about the tampering charges being dropped, I'm simply happy to have avoided another off season situation.

Pacopete4
Prez Bush just gave Teddy the thumbs up for being a good leader...NOw you are just being an asshole.

I actually stole the joke from someone else and thought it was pretty funny.. haha don't take it so serious

BallHawk

It'll just be another little side note for this franchise and this situation that in the end, will look shady on the side of the Packers.. and if you're ok with that, than so be it.. but I'm having trouble not wanting to punch my viking friends that are laughing at this whole situation because our "sacred'' Packers look like fuckin bozo the clown these days

Then I suggest you take this whole thing a little less serious. They are a football team, I'm not related to them in any way. So what if they, in your opinion, look like bozo the clown. Doesn't make my life any different.

Patler
With all the melodrama around Favre, did anyone really think the NFL would make it even worse by finding tampering????

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:29 PM

Then I suggest you take this whole thing a little less serious. They are a football team, I'm not related to them in any way. So what if they, in your opinion, look like bozo the clown. Doesn't make my life any different.

Some people take em more seriously than others.. nothing wrong with it is there?

PackerTimer
08-04-2008, 03:30 PM

The only person that looks like Bozo the clown today is you.

Gunakor
Prez Bush just gave Teddy the thumbs up for being a good leader...

Still spiteful, no substance to your hatred. You are jumping on our GM for disrespecting... the VIKINGS?? OH MY GOD!!!

Seriously, I could care less. Anything that could possibly add more distraction for an archrival, no matter how brief, is a good thing. Smear them some more. Smear them always. FUCK THE VIKINGS!!!

(Again, sorry Ras but I had to do it...)

Pacopete4
SMACKTALKIE- all I know is I just HOPE Arod can win us 8 of 14 games to start the season... while Tjack is a joke right now, at least he's winning ballgames.. it could be worse

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2008, 03:31 PM
SMACKTALKIE- all I know is I just HOPE Arod can win us 8 of 14 games to start the season... while Tjack is a joke right now, at least he's winning ballgames.. it could be worse

If A Rod won 8 he would have as many wins as T Jack has now. :lol:

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 03:31 PM

You mean AP and the Defense are winning ballgames?

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 03:32 PM

I think you are counting your eggs before they hatch. I believe I read somewhere that A Rod was 7 of 20 for 0 TDs and 1 Int in the Packers scrimmage. I realize it is only a scrimmage but someting to consider anyway. By the way Jackson looked sharp in the Viking scrimmage against KC.

P.S. As embarassed as I'm sure Pack fans are about the tampering charges being dropped, I'm simply happy to have avoided another off season situation.

it was actually 8 for 20, the INT came on the last play of the drill when he needs a TD or he loses, and there were 4 or 5 drops. Had those catches been made, his line would have been 13-20 instead of 8-20. 13-20 isn't spectacular, but it isn't awful either. If you didn't watch the damn thing stop commenting on it. The newspapers never ever tell the whole story.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:33 PM

but its 8-6 overall right? 14 games only?... ya we can rip on how shitty he looks, but if he just even slightly improves, WE ARE IN TROUBLE...

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm just stirring the pot. :D

Seriously though the Pack does not look as bad as you guys are making this out to be. They had to do something if they felt anything was fishy between the Vikes and Favre.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:34 PM

it was actually 8 for 20, the INT came on the last play of the drill when he needs a TD or he loses, and there were 4 or 5 drops. Had those catches been made, his line would have been 13-20 instead of 8-20. 13-20 isn't spectacular, but it isn't awful either. If you didn't watch the damn thing stop commenting on it. The newspapers never ever tell the whole story.

That INT looked like the same play that Favre threw to Kitrick Taylor.. all go-routes but instead of the look off to the saftey on the inside, and hitting the guy streaking on the sidelines, he forced it in coverage and paid for it.. thats just what I saw AND ITS NOT A RIP ON RODGERS.. just a bad throw

Zool
08-04-2008, 03:35 PM

Look if you're gonna throw FACTS into this, you're going to ruin it for chicken little.

There is one solution Paco, stop watching. Then you dont have to have high blood pressure and work yourself into such a frenzy over something thats supposed to be entertaining.

This last month has made football not entertaining for me.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:36 PM

Look if you're gonna throw FACTS into this, you're going to ruin it for chicken little.

There is one solution Paco, stop watching. Then you dont have to have high blood pressure and work yourself into such a frenzy over something thats supposed to be entertaining.

Love the Pack too much not to care..

Tony Oday
08-04-2008, 03:41 PM

Then why do you act like a Viking fan mid season?

sheepshead
08-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Did you ever think TT floated it knowing that it could never be fully proved. Bevell talking to Brett during this time does suck. I always thought he was trying to send a message, unless he had an actual tape of the conversation, he knew he couldnt prove it.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:44 PM

When have I ever done that buddy?

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Ripping a Green Bay GM for smearing the Vikings is a surely what a Viking fan would do. Packer fans should be applauding TT for at least causing a distraction in Vikings camp, albiet a brief one. Who the hell cares if this has turned out to be false? How does this hurt the Packers any?

SkinBasket
08-04-2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/uploaded_images/CowBag-730982.jpg
Even this guy thinks you're a smelly asshole, Paco. That's not good.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 03:55 PM

Ripping a Green Bay GM for smearing the Vikings is a surely what a Viking fan would do. Packer fans should be applauding TT for at least causing a distraction in Vikings camp, albiet a brief one. Who the hell cares if this has turned out to be false? How does this hurt the Packers any?

I woulda loved it, had the shit actually been true.. now all this does is make TT look like a liar......... again

SkinBasket, keep your grad pics to yourself please

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I woulda loved it, had the shit actually been true.. now all this does is make TT look like a liar......... again

No it doesn't. It make TT look like a guy interested in doing whatever it takes to protect an asset. Even if the tampering proves to be false, it LOOKED like tampering and TT acted on the perception that it was. You can't blame a guy for that.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 04:00 PM

No it doesn't. It make TT look like a guy interested in doing whatever it takes to protect an asset. Even if the tampering proves to be false, it LOOKED like tampering and TT acted on the perception that it was. You can't blame a guy for that.

I just don't like it.. to me its another black mark.. maybe not for you, but I think it makes the situation more of a joke... if thats possible

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2008, 04:06 PM

I just don't like it.. to me its another black mark.. maybe not for you, but I think it makes the situation more of a joke... if thats possible

This whole Favre situation is a joke. The culpability lies with #4.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 04:07 PM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 04:08 PM

Ya clap it up.... haha

it falls on both sides and you're blind if you cant see that... as much of a Favre lover that I am, at least I can see that he had something to do with it.. but to put all the blame on him is ludicrous

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 04:09 PM

Suppose TT had just ignored the problem and the tampering proved to be TRUE. You would have been just as angry with TT as you are now. Don't use hindsight as part of your judgement, as he was not afforded that luxury when he made his decision.

SkinBasket

And cornholes like Paco.

]{ilr]3
This whole Favre situation is a joke. The culpability lies with #4. :bclap: :wow::bclap:

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM

Suppose TT had just ignored the problem and the tampering proved to be TRUE. You would have been just as angry with TT as you are now. Don't use hindsight as part of your judgement, as he was not afforded that luxury when he made his decision.

But you're using trust to think that TT even had shit on them in the first place.. what if youre wrong and he just heard Brett rumors just like we did?

cpk1994

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: seconded

Gunakor

Ya clap it up.... haha

it falls on both sides and you're blind if you cant see that... as much of a Favre lover that I am, at least I can see that he had something to do with it.. but to put all the blame on him is ludicrous

Favre started it, Favre perpetuated it, it's FAVRE'S fault. He retired, he went to the media, he had regular conversations with Vikings coaches, then he unretired. Favre's fault.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 04:11 PM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: seconded :alc:

The Leaper
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Wow...this hasn't denegrated into elementary school banter yet, has it?

Tony Oday
08-04-2008, 04:16 PM

We had to charge them with tampering and honestly Goddell should get fined for butting his head into this to make a headline. I agree that this should all have been kept behind closed doors but the comish shouldnt have a say with what we do with Favre.

The Vikes did tamper TT just cant prove it...though I cant believe that because there are phone records with an opposing coach, however big deal, we at least had to show that we were watching.

The Leaper
08-04-2008, 04:16 PM
We had to charge them with tampering and honestly Goddell should get fined for butting his head into this to make a headline.

Goodell is the one we should've filed tampering charges against.

Rastak
08-04-2008, 04:32 PM

We move on.

I work with both Packer and Viking fans and me and another Viking fan were having a chuckle....I can imagine the Vikes stirring shit up, hanging up the phone and the laughing. That having been said, I did kinda wonder about the evidence. Not having access to it, who knows. The Vikings are notorious for being morons about this sort of stuff. I guess they are either innocent or no longer morons about this stuff.

Tony Oday
08-04-2008, 04:33 PM

We move on.

Cmon Ras your team has never done anything in the front office embar....I cant even do it :) KFAN is around because of Viking reporting ;) hehe

I work with both Packer and Viking fans and me and another Viking fan were having a chuckle....I can imagine the Vikes stirring shit up, hanging up the phone and the laughing. That having been said, I did kinda wonder about the evidence. Not having access to it, who knows. The Vikings are notorious for being morons about this sort of stuff. I guess they are either innocent or no longer morons about this stuff.

Rastak
08-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Bump...

Not guilty! Not guilty!

ok, just kidding.......

:wink: :wink:

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2008, 07:57 PM

when #4 has another pro bowl year, i'll remember u cats bashing him, calln for his head

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 08:04 PM

We move on.

RASTAK,

We just thinking of how entertaining the past month has been for you. As a Viking fan, this circus in GB has to be pretty entertaining. And better yet, you can smirk and lay back like a snake in the grass......hoping TT releases Favre so the Vikes can have a solid QB, and IMO, be a serious contender in the NFC.

I don't say or mean this to be an insult. I am Jealous of you on this one :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-04-2008, 09:42 PM

How do we look bad?

Have we been reprimanded?

Were we scolded?

Will we be scorned?

Will we be forfeiting games over this?

Will the Commish take away draft picks?

Will Viking fans throw purple cheeseheads at us?

Will girls giggle at the Packers as they walk by?

I think the Packers look just fine. I think you PocketPoolPete, look like a douche.

Ted might file the charges just as a shot over the bow in case the Vikes were thinking about trying to work something out with Bus on the side. Pretty shrewd move if you ask me.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Scott, any employee or fan of the Packers will be drawn and quartered because of these frivolous allegations.

Say your prayers tonight, fellow Rats, for tonight is our last night on this earth.

Fritz
08-04-2008, 10:32 PM

when #4 has another pro bowl year, i'll remember u cats bashing him, calln for his head

I hope I'm wrong Mobb, but I don't think a Pro Bowl year is in the cards for Favre.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 10:35 PM

I hope I'm wrong Mobb, but I don't think a Pro Bowl year is in the cards for Favre.

Just watched WTMJ Sports with Lance Allen; he still says rumors are running that the Queens are interested and in talks. Reportedly somebody was joking with John Booty that he should not get to comfortable with that uniform number....heck........didn't even know he was 4

The Shadow
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM

Um, what?
How does the organization "look like a joke"?
Don't get this one.
If you insist on looking for a joke, shouldn't you be thanking Mr. Favre?

Zool
08-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Well I havent seen this anywhere else.

Childress was quoted today as saying "the Packers never contacted the Vikings about a trade. That was the same reporter who said the Packers gave a phone to Favre"

Talking about McGinn.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Well I havent seen this anywhere else.

Childress was quoted today as saying "the Packers never contacted the Vikings about a trade. That was the same reporter who said the Packers gave a phone to Favre"

Talking about McGinn.

Milwaukee Packer flagship also had it on news that GB was in touch with MN
I had Childress back once as a Badger coach and HW can bash me for thinking he'd be a solid NFL coach; I'm not defending him again......Frickin Liar :!: :lol:

th87
08-05-2008, 03:27 AM

I guess the only silver lining to Favre going to the Vikings is that you'll be gone with him.

mission
08-05-2008, 03:51 AM
It's a lot harder to prove it though. Not everybody that is ruled "not guilty" is innocent. .

Man, if that ain't the truth ...

:oops:
phew... 8-)

mngolf19
08-05-2008, 08:31 AM

We move on.

RASTAK,

We just thinking of how entertaining the past month has been for you. As a Viking fan, this circus in GB has to be pretty entertaining. And better yet, you can smirk and lay back like a snake in the grass......hoping TT releases Favre so the Vikes can have a solid QB, and IMO, be a serious contender in the NFC.

I don't say or mean this to be an insult. I am Jealous of you on this one :lol:

Your correct B, it has been entertaining. Just glad it isn't the Vikes this time. But I would never stoop to the lame bashing some are doing on this thread. Packers are the team I love to beat most, but on the field not some stupid message board rips. Very nice. :roll: