Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 04:02 PM
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/08/04/3/

boy does it feel good again to see that #4 on the roster

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/08/04/3/

boy does it feel good again to see that #4 on the roster

Yeah it does. But he's yet to win anything yet. #4 could still be #2.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
they haven't updated the depth chart yet.. was interested to see how that goes or even if they will

Sparkey
08-04-2008, 04:25 PM
they haven't updated the depth chart yet.. was interested to see how that goes or even if they will

Rodgers should still be #1, simply because Favre retired and Rodgers put in all the OTA and off-season work with the #1 unit. If Favre never retires he never loses his spot atop the depth chart.

sheepshead
08-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Condrew Allen has become an answer to a trivia question...

Zool
08-04-2008, 04:45 PM

You mean like "use the word Condrew in a sentence"?

sheepshead
08-04-2008, 04:48 PM

You mean like "use the word Condrew in a sentence"?

HAAAA...yup something like that

CaliforniaCheez
08-04-2008, 04:50 PM
"My Brett Favre's back and the NFC's in trouble

Hey Minn, Hey Minn,

My Brett Favre's back!"

gex
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM

Hey Minn, Hey Minn,

My Brett Favre's back!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

packinpatland
08-04-2008, 04:52 PM

Rodgers should still be #1, simply because Favre retired and Rodgers put in all the OTA and off-season work with the #1 unit. If Favre never retires he never loses his spot atop the depth chart.

As quoted from another article:

"Rodgers, by virtue of Favre's retirement announcement in March, had earned the opportunity to start. But Favre, by virtue of his reinstatement and a career's body of work, had earned the right to at least compete for his old job. Being the NFL's all-time leader in completions, attempts, yards, victories and quarterback durability should count for something, right? "

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 04:52 PM

"Rodgers, by virtue of Favre's retirement announcement in March, had earned the opportunity to start. But Favre, by virtue of his reinstatement and a career's body of work, had earned the right to at least compete for his old job. Being the NFL's all-time leader in completions, attempts, yards, victories and quarterback durability should count for something, right? "

That quote fits this situation pretty well I think

Fritz
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM

Hey Minn, Hey Minn,

My Brett Favre's back!"

If only it were really that simple.

But it's not.

motife
08-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Condrew Allen is no Kittrick Taylor.

bobblehead
08-04-2008, 05:25 PM

you forgot interceptions and home playoff losses by a packer.

BF4MVP
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
It's so...weird...seeing his name there..After March 6th, I never thought this day would come..I don't know what to think right now.

BF4MVP
08-04-2008, 06:38 PM

you forgot interceptions and home playoff losses by a packer.
Harsh!

But true enough :wink:

Chevelle2
08-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Favre placed on roster? Is there a puking emoticon?

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2008, 07:39 PM
It's so...weird...seeing his name there..After March 6th, I never thought this day would come..I don't know what to think right now.

think that there really is a God

im glad i didnt put the match to my packer gear like i was going to on sat nite....

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 07:56 PM
gosh I hope we didn't cut a future Hall of Famer; I enjoy listening to ESPN Radio and all the views from media and real life professionals. They have been very split lately as to how this ends. I just hope we have resolution soon.
Gut still tells me Favre gets moved

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 07:58 PM

Now I'm sure he's back to play!!! :P

Thanks!

The Shadow
08-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey Minn, Hey Minn,

My Brett Favre's back!"

Let's hope it's not the Green Bay Packers.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 08:04 PM
gosh I hope we didn't cut a future Hall of Famer; I enjoy listening to ESPN Radio and all the views from media and real life professionals. They have been very split lately as to how this ends. I just hope we have resolution soon.

MM is having a man to man with him right now. One of the questions MM should ask him is not only about his commitment this year, but also his plans for beyond this year. If Brett promises to never pull this unretirement through the media stunt again, I might actually start him this year. As I've said before in other threads, there's absolutely no way they even consider keeping Favre if they haven't spoken about this to Rodgers and gotten his support. They certainly don't want to lose Rodgers over this deal. So if he promises that this is it, no more waffling, guaranteed... I'd seriously consider it. But that promise has to be made. No more waffling, no more throwing members of the franchise under the bus, no more going to the media to express an opinion. None at all. Promise us that Brett and you can have your one last year in the sun.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 08:06 PM

MM is having a man to man with him right now. One of the questions MM should ask him is not only about his commitment this year, but also his plans for beyond this year. If Brett promises to never pull this unretirement through the media stunt again, I might actually start him this year. As I've said before in other threads, there's absolutely no way they even consider keeping Favre if they haven't spoken about this to Rodgers and gotten his support. They certainly don't want to lose Rodgers over this deal. So if he promises that this is it, no more waffling, guaranteed... I'd seriously consider it. But that promise has to be made. No more waffling, no more throwing members of the franchise under the bus, no more going to the media to express an opinion. None at all. Promise us that Brett and you can have your one last year in the sun.

They can come out of this strong together, and even implement some of their plan from March where they platoon AROD and give him some time here and there as well.

retailguy
08-04-2008, 08:07 PM
MM is having a man to man with him right now.

I have visualizations.... but I'll keep those to myself. :wink:

I think it is truly too late for a "man to man". Favre is a full blown diva in addition to a HOF quarterback.

McCarthy will likely not get through to him.

retailguy
08-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey Minn, Hey Minn,

My Brett Favre's back!"

I picture Yoda saying "It will be"....

Zool
08-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey Minn, Hey Minn,

My Brett Favre's back!"

I picture Yoda saying "It will be"....

Packers: I'm not afraid
Yoda: Gooood. you will be.....you will be