PDA

View Full Version : McCain bites the hand that feeds him.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM
In another stunningly stupid move, besides the stupidity of the obama celebrity ad...it appears that mocking the daughter of a campaing contributor ain't a smart move.

From michelle malkin.

Can they do anything right?

The McCain campaign runs a half-decent ad yesterday mocking Obama’s celebrification and comparing the Obamessiah to pop culture divas Britney Spears and Paris Hilton…

…and pisses off the big McCain donors in Paris Hilton’s family. Apparently, Camp McCain’s phones were ringing off the hook with complaints from the wealthy Hiltons who have showered the Maverick with cash. Doesn’t anybody check these things before they upload them to YouTube? The ad would have worked just as well without Paris. A pic of Obama gal pal Scarlett Johannson would have been smarter.

And McCain wouldn’t have lost his own celeb supporters.

Here are Rick Hilton’s $6,900 donations to McCain.

Paris’s mom, Kathy, also pitched in $2,300.

And here are Paris’s grandfather, William Barron Hilton’s, large donations totaling $53,400 to McCain and the NRSC.

D’oh.

Via Martin Eisenstadt

Ms malkins comments:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that the new McCain ad criticizing Obama for being a celebrity has ruffled some unintended feathers. I, for one, quite liked the ad, but I hear whispers from the inner campaign staff that the phone was burning off the hook today with calls from Paris Hilton’s grandfather, William Barron Hilton (co-chair of the Hilton Hotel empire), furious that the McCain ad drew an unflattering comparison between Obama and his own granddaughter.

It seems that the elder Hilton has donated $18,400 to the McCain campaign, and $35,000 to the National Republican Senatorial Committee in the last couple of years. (Paris’s father, Rick Hilton, has given an additional $6,900 to the McCain campaign. Suffice it to say, he’s none too pleased either.)

HowardRoark
08-04-2008, 05:00 PM
In another stunningly stupid move, besides the stupidity of the obama celebrity ad...it appears that mocking the daughter of a campaing contributor ain't a smart move.

From michelle malkin.

Can they do anything right?

The McCain campaign runs a half-decent ad yesterday mocking Obama’s celebrification and comparing the Obamessiah to pop culture divas Britney Spears and Paris Hilton…

…and pisses off the big McCain donors in Paris Hilton’s family. Apparently, Camp McCain’s phones were ringing off the hook with complaints from the wealthy Hiltons who have showered the Maverick with cash. Doesn’t anybody check these things before they upload them to YouTube? The ad would have worked just as well without Paris. A pic of Obama gal pal Scarlett Johannson would have been smarter.

And McCain wouldn’t have lost his own celeb supporters.

Here are Rick Hilton’s $6,900 donations to McCain.

Paris’s mom, Kathy, also pitched in $2,300.

And here are Paris’s grandfather, William Barron Hilton’s, large donations totaling $53,400 to McCain and the NRSC.

D’oh.

Via Martin Eisenstadt

Ms malkins comments:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that the new McCain ad criticizing Obama for being a celebrity has ruffled some unintended feathers. I, for one, quite liked the ad, but I hear whispers from the inner campaign staff that the phone was burning off the hook today with calls from Paris Hilton’s grandfather, William Barron Hilton (co-chair of the Hilton Hotel empire), furious that the McCain ad drew an unflattering comparison between Obama and his own granddaughter.

It seems that the elder Hilton has donated $18,400 to the McCain campaign, and $35,000 to the National Republican Senatorial Committee in the last couple of years. (Paris’s father, Rick Hilton, has given an additional $6,900 to the McCain campaign. Suffice it to say, he’s none too pleased either.)

Looks like those donations already happened.....too late.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Hence the term...bite the hand that feeds. I'm sure they won't want anymore cash..or from their friends. :oops:

But, not to late to embarrass Mccain and show what a poorly run campaing looks like.

GBRulz
08-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Hell, McCain probably gained a bunch of votes in itself just by pissing off the the most useless "celeb" of all-time...Paris Hilton. :lol:

sheepshead
08-04-2008, 05:15 PM
How did that ad dis Paris Hilton?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 05:17 PM
How did that ad dis Paris Hilton?

Why don't you ask her parents and relatives that are pissed. :oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Hell, McCain probably gained a bunch of votes in itself just by pissing off the the most useless "celeb" of all-time...Paris Hilton. :lol:

I don't think paris is aware there is an election happening...but, her wealthy mccain contributing family is.

Kiwon
08-04-2008, 05:20 PM
TB, be careful. You might actually learn something useful from reading Michelle Malkin.

We wouldn't want you to lose your edge.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 05:23 PM
TB, be careful. You might actually learn something useful from reading Michelle Malkin.

No need to regularly read malkin. ty learned how to lie when he was but a child.

Kiwon
08-04-2008, 05:38 PM

No need to regularly read malkin. ty learned how to lie when he was but a child.

"...brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me."

I knew it.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 05:45 PM

I knew it.

What exactly are you trying to say? That my mom acted like Bathsheba..or that i'm a king's son?

More telling is that you can't rebut the lies of malkin. :oops:

HowardRoark
08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
What exactly are you trying to say? That my mom acted like Bathsheba..or that i'm a king's son?

You sure ain't no Solomon.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 06:38 PM

Actually, as a liberal...i'm very close to solomon. High taxes like Solomon, many public works projects, have a large harem, open to other religions.

Best for you to stick with your own religion..you just look foolish.

bobblehead
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM

I knew it.

you didn't actually quote any lies from malkin to rebut.

But I agree, mccain is still reeling trying to figure out why his buddies in the press core turned on him. He is like the high school slut who grew up and can't figure out why all the boys she pleasured in high school pretend not to know her now....they are done with you ya tool.

HowardRoark
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM

Actually, as a liberal...i'm very close to solomon. High taxes like Solomon, many public works projects, have a large harem, open to other religions.

Best for you to stick with your own religion..you just look foolish.

I was talking about the wisdom part. He is part of my religion. Stop looking foolish.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 06:54 PM

I knew it.

you didn't actually quote any lies from malkin to rebut.

But I agree, mccain is still reeling trying to figure out why his buddies in the press core turned on him. He is like the high school slut who grew up and can't figure out why all the boys she pleasured in high school pretend not to know her now....they are done with you ya tool.

Malkin: Nothing specifically here..but, if you want i can do so. I meant...my statement about her lying. If i called bush a liar...i can guarantee he/most would ask what did he lie about or call me out for making a statement of that type. It is telling when someone doesn't challenge a statement.

McCain: Read any story about how he treated the press in 00 to now it is a complete change. Now, i'm not saying he made the wrong choice, but it is like the old management philosophy...better to start hard and then relax then to do the reverse.

But, by your analogy...it is more like he is the slut who suddenly decides she is gonna hold out on the boys after she has been fucking them before. It ain't that they are done...cause men always are looking for booty..it is that they can't understand the sudden change and if she ain't putting out..what good is she?

Not like they wanted to marry her.

Kiwon
08-04-2008, 06:56 PM

Ditto.

Try Jonah waiting for "a great fish" You can run, Ty, but you can't hide.

"God's Gonna Cut You Down" - Johnny Cash

You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down

Go tell that long tongue liar
Go and tell that midnight rider
Tell the rambler, the gambler, the back biter
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down

Well my goodness gracious let me tell you the news
My head's been wet with the midnight dew
I've been down on bended knee talkin' to the man from Galilee
He spoke to me in the voice so sweet
I thought I heard the shuffle of the angel's feet
He called my name and my heart stood still
When he said, "John go do My will!"

Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time

Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time

Tell 'em that God's gonna cut you down

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Jonah...omg, now you are relying on fairy tales? LOL

P.S. God cuts down everyone in the end.

How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s.

“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE.”

sheepshead
08-04-2008, 07:37 PM
“Andy Warhol said we all get our 15 minutes of fame,” says Barack Obama. “I’ve already had an hour and a half. I mean, I’m so overexposed, I’m making Paris Hilton look like a recluse.”

GBRulz
08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Paris responds....

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/64ad536a6d

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 07:38 PM
I know... these liberals. The gift that keeps on giving!

GBRulz
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
My reply on the other page is blank. Yet, when I go to edit the message, it's there. wth?

Paris responds....

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/64ad536a6d

oregonpackfan
08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Was GBR censored? :)

Zool
08-06-2008, 11:32 AM
You cant have a space at the end of your URL or the site wont know how to handle the request for a link. I fixored it.

GBRulz
08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Zooly, u r sooooo smaht! ty for fixing that!

OPF - I can't say that same thought wasn't going through my head!! :wink: