PDA

View Full Version : Classless Act II

Joemailman
08-04-2008, 05:35 PM
The people who booed Aaron Rodgers at Family Night were an embarrassment. Bash Favre if you want. Bash Ted Thompson if you want. But what the hell did Rodgers do to deserve being booed? Makes me wonder how bad it will be if M3 tries to start Arod in a home preseason game. Then again, maybe the people who go to the games are more knowledgeable fans than the people who go to Family Night. Time will tell.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I agree.. it was pretty piss poor on the part of the fans that were there that night...

there are many other ways to show youre support for Brett

red
08-04-2008, 05:53 PM
agreed

boo TT and m3 all you want if you disagree with the way they've handled the favre mess

but a-rod has been nothing but a class act through this whole thing

i do feel bad for him in this whole mess, he's done nothing wrong. just a bad situation for him

BF4MVP
08-04-2008, 07:00 PM
A-Rod didn't deserve to be booed..He's been a class act throughout this whole thing..

Although I am convinced that one of the times the "boo birds" came out, it was the section next to mine booing the t-shirt launcher guy for not launching a t-shirt at them :lol:

gbgary
08-04-2008, 07:14 PM
yes...that sucks!!!!!!

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2008, 07:15 PM
i was VERY surprised to hear about this. drinkn alcohol brings out the worse....

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 07:20 PM
i was VERY surprised to hear about this. drinkn alcohol brings out the worse....

They allow alcohol at Family Night?

I'd think that, if any night, that'd be the night to NOT sell alcohol. I understand that it brings in a lot of dosh, but with all the kids there.....

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 07:22 PM
The alcohol is the only thing that keeps a meaningless scrimmage interesting. :wink:

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2008, 07:49 PM
agreed

boo TT and m3 all you want if you disagree with the way they've handled the favre mess

i do feel bad for him in this whole mess, he's done nothing wrong. just a bad situation for him

hard to feel sorry for him (7 million $ and wont sustain any injuries...)

in pro sports the BEST PLAYERS PLAY!!!

i like him alot but i dont get the "feel sorry" thing

i feel sorry for crack babies

keepn it in perspective

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 07:53 PM
If the kid has worked his whole life to get to the NFL, spent countless hours practicing, working, conditioning, etc. and then he gets his first "appearance" as the head QB and he gets booed.....how can you not feel sorry for him?

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
If the kid has worked his whole life to get to the NFL, spent countless hours practicing, working, conditioning, etc. and then he gets his first "appearance" as the head QB and he gets booed.....how can you not feel sorry for him?

It will make him stronger in the end.

BTW, I think it's horrible when fans boo

falco
08-04-2008, 08:14 PM
agreed

keepn it in perspective

crack babies don't need your pity

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM
agreed

keepn it in perspective

Actually, no such thing.

http://www.nationalreviewofmedicine.com/issue/2005/07_30/2_feature04_13.html

http://www.come-over.to/FAS/crackbaby.htm

http://cocaine.org/crackbaby/crack-babies.html

www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v98/n809/a07.html

falco
08-04-2008, 08:26 PM
an article on cocaine.org (the official cocaine website) disspelling the myth about crack babies?

that's like cigarette companies telling us its safe to smoke :roll:

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Uh-oh.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/JoshOMS8/EpicBattle.jpg

falco
08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005OCEX.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

there thats better

pbmax
08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Was the booing that pronounced? I was watching and didn't even notice. Was it when he jogged onto the turf or when the first team offense started the scrimmage?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 09:24 PM
an article on cocaine.org (the official cocaine website) disspelling the myth about crack babies?

that's like cigarette companies telling us its safe to smoke :roll:

Well, try the other 3. Or try:

http://cjrarchives.org/issues/2004/5/voices-blake.asp

http://www.jointogether.org/news/yourturn/announcements/2004/physicians-scientists-to-stop.html

Those who wrote an open letter to the media to stop calling:

Robert E. Arendt, PhD
Research Director
The Buckeye Ranch

Emmalee S. Bandstra, M.D.
Professor of Pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology
Director, Perinatal Chemical Addiction Research and Education (CARE) Program
Departments of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology
University of Miami School of Medicine

Marjorie Beeghly, Ph.D
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
Senior Research Associate, Children's Hospital, Boston
Child Development Unit
Children's Hospital

Marylou Behnke, M.D.
Professor, Department of Pediatrics
Co-Director, Developmental Evaluation and Intervention Program
University of Florida, College of Medicine

Maureen Black, Ph.D
Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Maryland School of Medicine

Elizabeth R. Brown, M.D.
Director of Neonatology
Boston University School of Medicine/Boston Medical Center

Ira J. Chasnoff, M.D.
Children's Research Triangle

Wendy Chavkin, M.D., MPH
Professor of Clinical Public Health and Obstetrics and Gynecology
Mailman School of Public Health and College of Physicians and Surgeons
Columbia University

Claire D. Coles, Ph.D
Director, Fetal Alcohol and Drug Exposure Center, Marcus Institute
Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Emory University School of Medicine

Nancy Day, Ph.D
Professor of Psychiatry and Epidemiology
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic

Virginia Delaney-Black, M.D., MPH
Professor of Pediatrics
Wayne State University
Assistant Director, Children's Research Center of Michigan
Children's Hospital of Michigan

Chris Derauf, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine

Fonda Davis Eyler, Ph.D
Co-Director, Developmental Evaluation and Intervention Program
University of Florida, College of Medicine

Deborah A. Frank, M.D.
Professor of Pediatrics
Boston University School of Medicine
Boston Medicine Center

Peter Fried, Ph.D
Department of Psychology
Carleton University

Judith M. Gardner, Ph.D
Bernard Z. Karmel, Ph.D.
NYS Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities

Hallam Hurt, M.D.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Joseph L. Jacobson, Ph.D
Professor and Chair, Department of Psychology
Wayne State University

Sandra W. Jacobson, Ph.D
Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences
Wayne State University School of Medicine

Stephen R. Kandall, MD
Professor of Pediatrics, Emeritus

John R. Knight, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
Director, Center for Adolescent Substance Abuse Research
Children's Hospital, Boston

Gideon Koren M.D., FRCPC
Professor of Pediatrics, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, and Medical Genetics
University of Toronto
Director, Motherisk Program
Senior Scientist
The Hospital for Sick Children
Clinical Pharmacology Department

Barry Lester, Ph.D
Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics
Brown Medical School
Director, Infant Development Center

Linda Mayes, M.D.
Arnold Gesell Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics, and Psychology
Yale Child Study Center

Connie E. Morrow, Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Psychology
Associate Director, Perinatal Chemical Addiction Research and Education (CARE) Program
University of Miami School of Medicine

Prasanna Nair, M.D., MPH
University of Maryland School of Medicine

Daniel R. Neuspiel, M.D., MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and of Population Health
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Associate Chairman of Pediatrics, Beth Israel Medical Center

Gale A. Richardson, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Epidemiology
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic

Lynn T. Singer, Ph.D
Interim Provost and University Vice-President
Case Western University

Barry Zuckerman, M.D.
Professor and Chairman
Department of Pediatrics
Boston University School of Medicine
Boston Medical Center

GAME, SET, MATCH.

Joemailman
08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Was the booing that pronounced? I was watching and didn't even notice. Was it when he jogged onto the turf or when the first team offense started the scrimmage?

I definitely noticed when Rodgers was on a long streak of incompletions. Some said there was booing when Rodgers led the team out at the start. Unless they were calling for Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvell Martin.

Packers4Glory
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
what was the quote from Rodgers about what the fans should do? just shut up or something to that effect?

me thinks a booing isn't totally unjustified considering what he had said this offseason.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 10:01 PM

I definitely noticed when Rodgers was on a long streak of incompletions. Some said there was booing when Rodgers led the team out at the start. Unless they were calling for Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvell Martin.

I think Ruvell's only fan is Ballhawk

Zool
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM

It will make him stronger in the end.

BTW, I think it's horrible when fans boo

I booed the hell out of McGuire during the HR chase. Is that bad? Brewer fans were cheering for his AB's. I was appalled.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:18 PM

For now....

:D

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2008, 11:43 PM
agreed

keepn it in perspective

actually ALOT of the clients i provide therapy and meds for have mothers who were using while pregnant my man....

so, OF COURSE a millionaire athlete that has to wait a year or two to start bother's me NONE. he coulda CHOSEN a different position where he could rotate in or contribute in other ways (legacy of many black qb's). whereas these crack babies couldnt CHOSE their parents

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2008, 11:54 PM
agreed

keepn it in perspective

Actually, no such thing.

http://www.nationalreviewofmedicine.com/issue/2005/07_30/2_feature04_13.html

http://www.come-over.to/FAS/crackbaby.htm

http://cocaine.org/crackbaby/crack-babies.html

www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v98/n809/a07.html

SO BOGUS...wish these experts could walk a mile in my moccasins

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2008, 11:56 PM

SEVEN MILLION and playn in pro sports a privilge

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 12:19 AM

For now....

:D

They all laugh, but Rodgers got pretty comfortable throwing to Martin the last 3 years. Chemistry could elevate his Ruvell's play.

th87
08-05-2008, 03:15 AM

Disagree with this sentiment. You feel sorry for people within the frame of reference in which they operate.

If someone's rich, but they are going through a bad divorce, we can't feel sorry for them? Sure, kids in Africa have it worse, but based on his/her normal environment, the divorcee is going through some bad times.

If an IT professional gets laid off of his job, we can't feel sorry for him because he has a relatively good life otherwise? That doesn't make sense to me.

That said, talk of the boos seem exaggerated. I did hear a little, but it wasn't that bad, from what I saw (on TV twice).

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 06:20 AM
I'd never thought I would see a thread about Ruvell Martin and crack babies. Good laugh to start the morning. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 08:20 AM

Disagree with this sentiment. You feel sorry for people within the frame of reference in which they operate.

If someone's rich, but they are going through a bad divorce, we can't feel sorry for them? Sure, kids in Africa have it worse, but based on his/her normal environment, the divorcee is going through some bad times.

If an IT professional gets laid off of his job, we can't feel sorry for him because he has a relatively good life otherwise? That doesn't make sense to me.

That said, talk of the boos seem exaggerated. I did hear a little, but it wasn't that bad, from what I saw (on TV twice).

i could debate that from a spiritual level (HE causes ALL things to work together for our good ROMANS 8:28...) but arent u Hindu??

but back to the context

do u feel arod's really being wrongd and deserves sympathy in HIS situation?

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't feel "sorry" for Rodgers in terms of being booed. He's a big boy. He gets paid a tidy sum of money for what he does...with that comes potential for a lot of criticism and praise. If you can't take a few boos, then you probably shouldn't have chosen NFL QB as your career choice.

I feel more "sorry" for him having to wait so long to get his chance to prove himself. After dropping like a rock in the draft, the kid has probably been busting at the seams to get out there and prove everyone wrong.

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 08:29 AM
I don't feel "sorry" for Rodgers in terms of being booed. He's a big boy. He gets paid a tidy sum of money for what he does...with that comes potential for a lot of criticism and praise. If you can't take a few boos, then you probably shouldn't have chosen NFL QB as your career choice.

I feel more "sorry" for him having to wait so long to get his chance to prove himself. After dropping like a rock in the draft, the kid has probably been busting at the seams to get out there and prove everyone wrong.

good point about his burning desire