PDA

View Full Version : What could come from the QB Competition?

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Been thinking about it and what does happen if Favre stinks? Will he retire or will he keep going and be a backup? Will he then want to be traded?... just something to look out for..

Flip Side....

What if Arod blows and cant handle the competition? Does that prove that he's not going to be a good QB? This is his 3rd year and even if he loses the competition it shouldn't be because he is bad, it should just be because Brett is that damn good. What do we do with him if he stinks? Start investing time into Brohm and let Arod go on his way?

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 06:03 PM
I still doubt there will be a "competition." I call it fancy wording.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 06:04 PM

Do you think its wording that Bretts the QB or that Rodgers is the QB?

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 06:14 PM

Do you think its wording that Bretts the QB or that Rodgers is the QB?

Aaron is the QB. Mike has said, Murphy has said it, Ted has said it, the team has said it. I won't believe Brett is the QB until I see him trot out there on opening night.

Although, I expect him to be the QB on opening night....he'll just be coming out of a different tunnel.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
BallHawk, you are one of a small group that actually seems to think he will be a Viking. Maybe I'm too much of a Favre fan to wrap my head around that but I really just cant see it happening. Any reason as to why you think it will?

boiga
08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
BallHawk, you are one of a small group that actually seems to think he will be a Viking. Maybe I'm too much of a Favre fan to wrap my head around that but I really just cant see it happening. Any reason as to why you think it will?If M3 and Brett can't resolve their differences today, then Brett won't be able to stay on the team.

If no one wants to trade for him, we'll have to release him before the opening game. He'd be pissed and sign on with the Vikes. Sure he wouldn't be able to play in that game, but he could certainly be on their roster by that point.

Admittedly this is a worst case result, but it is possible.