PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy Speaks Live at 8:15

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Mike will be speaking live at 8:15 CDT, 9:15 EDT time. You can watch the conference at the Packers website and on ESPN News. Link to the Packers site is below.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/packers_on_air_schedule/

Hopefully we'll have some more answers after tonight. Wouldn't bet on it, though.

Jimx29
08-04-2008, 06:17 PM
hopefully the NFL station on sirius covers it.

PlantPage55
08-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Listening to McCarthy's press conference last night, I picked up on something that I haven't seen anyone here analyze (if they have, I apologize, but I missed it).

What exactly does McCarthy mean when he says he'll "talk to Brett, get some information, and use that information to move forward together"?

He emphasized Brett's "indecision" before he said that above quote.

Do I smell an ultimatum? I wonder if perhaps McCarthy wants to try and make sure that all of this never comes close to happening again. I wonder if he wants to drill Brett tonight for exactly how long he intends to keep playing in this league.

If Brett says, "this is it" - then perhaps McCarthy is more inclined to let Aaron Rodgers sit one more year and hope that he isn't too bitter and proud to play for us when that year comes.

If Brett says, "Who knows, it could be 2 years - I can't possibly promise anything" - then perhaps Rodgers gets traded when another team needs a QB - or perhaps McCarthy goes on with the "Open Competition" and gives Aaron his fair shot.

Whaddya all think? I'm not sure if I'm seeing all the angles, but it's a conversation starter anyway....

BF4MVP
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I can see it now:

"Brett and I had a good conversation this afternoon..As you know, he has been placed on the active roster, and he is a member of this fuhtball team..However, no decision has been made as to what his role will be at this point."

Then he proceeds to answer a million different versions of the same Brett Favre questions with either "I don't want to get into what was said, that's between Brett and I" or "Those issues will be addressed as we move forward."

I have a bad feeling that we're not going to learn anything tonight..I could certainly be wrong though

boiga
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Unless M3 comes out with a black eye, any news will be good news. When I start hearing Brett Favre updates on BBC you know this has gone on long enough.

Pacopete4
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I have a feeling you are correct.. and it sucks cuz I'd just love to know a little bit about what to expect since im going to camp in the next couple days

Partial
08-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I predict he says they're going to have a quarterback competition and may the best man win as that is truly whats best for the team.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Listening to McCarthy's press conference last night, I picked up on something that I haven't seen anyone here analyze (if they have, I apologize, but I missed it).

What exactly does McCarthy mean when he says he'll "talk to Brett, get some information, and use that information to move forward together"?

He emphasized Brett's "indecision" before he said that above quote.

Do I smell an ultimatum? I wonder if perhaps McCarthy wants to try and make sure that all of this never comes close to happening again. I wonder if he wants to drill Brett tonight for exactly how long he intends to keep playing in this league.

If Brett says, "this is it" - then perhaps McCarthy is more inclined to let Aaron Rodgers sit one more year and hope that he isn't too bitter and proud to play for us when that year comes.

If Brett says, "Who knows, it could be 2 years - I can't possibly promise anything" - then perhaps Rodgers gets traded when another team needs a QB - or perhaps McCarthy goes on with the "Open Competition" and gives Aaron his fair shot.

Whaddya all think? I'm not sure if I'm seeing all the angles, but it's a conversation starter anyway....

If Favre says he doesn't know and can't promise anything I think the Packers would be unwise to trade away Aaron Rodgers. If anything, trade Favre and let his new team try to plan around his indecision. Aaron Rodgers is 100% committed to this season, next season, the year after, and the year after that.

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Mike will be speaking live at 8:15 CDT, 9:15 EDT time. You can watch the conference at the Packers website and on ESPN News. Link to the Packers site is below.

Hopefully we'll have some more answers after tonight. Wouldn't bet on it, though.

answers to WHAT????

im still waitn for an answer as to y all the favre-hating

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM

Do you really want to get them started, AGAIN? :cry:

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 07:50 PM

answers to WHAT????

PP55's post is very telling of what one of the quetions is likely to be. As for your other question, Favre hasn't been very nice to the Packers lately has he? He slammed TT, fine. But when he insinuated that the hiring of MM was one of his grudges - especially since the candidate he favored is a horrible coach who is currently unemployed - MM probably has questions regarding Favre's willingness to play for him.

If they can't find a way to get past everything that's happened over the last month or so and work together, then Favre can't play here. The organization has made it very clear they side with TT and MM - the ENTIRE organization, starting all the way at the top (TT is not the guy at the top). So if Favre and McCarthy can't work things out, it's Favre that will be gone.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 07:51 PM

Who is "them"?

Are "we" so bad that we have to be described now by ambiguous pronouns?

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 07:53 PM

Who is "them"?

LOL wow....see how testy things have gotten? Them = those who would prefer Favre had stayed down South.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 07:59 PM

Who is "them"?

Not you.......but maybe a few are :lol:

retailguy
08-04-2008, 08:01 PM

Who is "them"?

Not you.......but maybe a few are :lol:

Huh. I thought she was talking about Tyrone, Tex, Partial, Skin, Howard, Bobblehead, and the rest of "them". Is that the wrong "them"....

I'm so confused........ :oops:

HowardRoark
08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Damn, see that guy just walk by the podium......how about mixing in a salad once and awhile.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 08:15 PM
THERE WILL BE A 2-MINUTE WARNING!

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM
don't have ESPN News

So somebody post updates !!

Chevelle2
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM
don't have ESPN News

So somebody post updates !!

stream it yo

http://packers.com/multimedia/packers_on_air_schedule/

hoosier
08-04-2008, 08:26 PM

boiga
08-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Unlike the scrimmage, this stream actually works for me.

If McCarthy really does come out with a black eye, I called it. That would explain this delay anyways..

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Maybe cpk has broken into the building and is cussing out everybody who is thinking of saying something positive about Favre :lol: :lol:

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Maybe cpk has broken into the building and is cussing out everybody who is thinking of saying something positive about Favre :lol: :lol:

That or Shadow has gone postal on Favre's right arm.

Freak Out
08-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I just heard some pig fart.

Freak Out
Is that Favres head?

Chevelle2
START ALREADY!

packers11
08-04-2008, 08:31 PM
:wait:

digitaldean

I SAID I WANT THE POS GONE!!

retailguy
Is that Favres head?

you mean the one on the stick?

Bretsky
I'm watching the end of some kids movie that has about five minutes left with the family; I'm down if it's delayed another 10 minutes so I can listen to it live over the NET.

Is it broadcasted on WTMJ ?

Chevelle2
08-04-2008, 08:32 PM

The clock goes that fast on Mercury.

retailguy
08-04-2008, 08:33 PM

MM - You'll APOLOGIZE.

BF - No I won't.

MM - You'll APOLOGIZE.

BF - No I won't.....

<yawn>

packers11
why are there so many reporters??? I don't remember this much coverage last year for a press conference during training camp... :lol: :wink:

Chevelle2
Is this PC where MM is supposed to reveal his "plan" to us?

packers11
Is this PC where MM is supposed to reveal his "plan" to us?

I believe so...

falco
08-04-2008, 08:34 PM
i thought this was the PC where MM was going to detail his perfect sunday afternoon

boiga
Assuming Brett agreed to it...

Gunakor

MM - You'll APOLOGIZE.

BF - No I won't.

MM - You'll APOLOGIZE.

BF - No I won't.....

<yawn>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cat:

Brando19
I'm gettin a bad feeling about this.

Chevelle2
08-04-2008, 08:35 PM

ooooh elaborate for us? what u think is gonna go down?

Brando19
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM

I feel that Brett is leavin' town. I hope not...but I just had that feeling...kind of a sick feeling that makes me wanna puke.

boiga
08-04-2008, 08:37 PM
"Hello everyone. As of five minutes ago, Brett Favre has become a proud member of the San Francisco 49'ers"

FritzDontBlitz
ESPN TV is waiting to carry the press conference live.

I can imagine what that QB meeting was like earlier today.

Favre sitting there being his usual "aw, shucks" self.

M3 and A-Rod Staring at him while smoke pours from their ears.

Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn jumping around like 5th graders askin' for Brett's autograph.

packers11
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

digitaldean
no presser.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

BallHawk
Fuck, losers.

Delayed the meeting because they are still talking.

Waste of time.

boiga
08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Screw you, screw you, you're cool,

go home.

falco
man my whole fucking night down the tubes for this shit :evil:

Brando19
What the heck?? THey're still talking and the PC is tomorrow!

BallHawk

I feel that Brett is leavin' town. I hope not...but I just had that feeling...kind of a sick feeling that makes me wanna puke.

Well, that's a swing-and-a-miss if I've ever seen one.

red
if you say 8:15, then start the fucking thing at 8:15

:soap:

FritzDontBlitz
OK what the fuck.

digitaldean
08-04-2008, 08:39 PM
That's about par for the course the way this mess has gone.

Freak Out
Operation majestic goat fuck is now in full swing.

BallHawk
Operation majestic goat fuck is now in full swing.

:lol:

boiga
08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
So, they've been talking for two and a half hours now...

They would have told us if anyone was injured, so I suppose that's a good sign, right?

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
So, they've been talking for two and a half hours now...

They would have told us if anyone was injured, so I suppose that's a good sign, right?

Or this is just a diversion and they are sneaking Brett out in a body bag as we speak.

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Still talking.......not a good sign for those that want to see Favre play for the Packers this year.......IMO :(

red
this is bull shit

tomorrow my ass

lets turn this into more of a joke

Brando19

Well, that's a swing-and-a-miss if I've ever seen one.

Don't count your chickens b/f they hatch.....you should know that by now. As far as I'm concerned...I'm still at bat.

imscott72
08-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow..over 2 and a half hours and they can't get is resolved? This can't be good..

boiga
08-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Still talking.......not a good sign for those that want to see Favre play for the Packers this year.......IMO :(I disagree actually. Still talking means that there is still something to talk about. If Brett and Mike can even out their differences then this could still work out.

Then again, still talking also means that Brett isn't just accepting what his coach is telling him...

arggghhhh....

BallHawk
Still talking.......not a good sign for those that want to see Favre play for the Packers this year.......IMO :(

I interpreted it the other way. If they're still talking then obviously they're talking about something that Favre is satisfied with. Otherwise Favre would just end it, IMO.

Brando19
Brett will be a Viking....sickening as that is. Please let me be wrong...plllllease!!!!

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 08:45 PM
OK.....I'll take is the glass is half full then. :D

RIPackerFan
I can just see MM trying to get Favre to buy into the elder teacher .... and Favre just repeating - I want to play.

Brando19
If I had to guess...I believe they'll let the plan leak to the media b/f McCarthy speaks...that way it won't be a "shock and awe" at the podium and things will be calmed down when he speaks. Probably something the white house representative suggested.

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Still talking means that there is still something to talk about. If Brett and Mike can even out their differences then this could still work out.

...ohh to be a fly on that wall!!!!

imscott72
08-04-2008, 08:50 PM
So much for "having a plan in place should Brett report"! Bullshit! More lies..

boiga
08-04-2008, 08:50 PM
...ohh to be a fly on that wall!!!! Yeah, that would be enlightening.

Although if I was that fly and I saw Bus Cook was in the room, I think I'd go tsetse on Brett.

Chevelle2
08-04-2008, 08:51 PM

Yeah because Im SURE MM knew the convo with Favre was going to take too long. :roll:

gbpackfan
The Packers and Brett Favre could not have handled this fiasco any worse. It's been a nightmare and the entire organization (including Brett) look like a bunch of donkeys!

What a fucking joke.

Gunakor

Not bullshit. That's what they are talking about in there. I'm absolutely certain about that. Nobody said it was going to be easy for everybody, and I could easily imagine them going into overtime discussing it. Relax.

boiga
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
So much for "having a plan in place should Brett report"! Bullshit! More lies.. They had a plan... the hard part was always going to be getting Brett to agree to that plan.

Apparently he doesn't.

Edit: I hope they have a bottle of good whiskey in that room.

bobblehead
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
so is MM or BF waffling on the start time of this shindig??

Chevelle2
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
If I had to guess...I believe they'll let the plan leak to the media b/f McCarthy speaks...that way it won't be a "shock and awe" at the podium and things will be calmed down when he speaks. Probably something the white house representative suggested.

Hmmm, interesting....

boiga
PACKERS POSTPONE MCCARTHY PRESSER
Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2008, 9:42 p.m.

As all of Wisconsin held its breath for Packers coach Mike McCarthy to share details regarding the outcome of his meeting with quarterback Brett Favre, it was announced that the press conference has been postponed until Tuesday.

Apparently, McCarthy is still meeting with Favre.

With the Packers scheduled to practice tomorrow, it’s unclear whether Favre will be on the field. Also, look for the Favre camp to leak to the media before McCarthy’s press conference the player’s version of what went down during the sit-down.

Yeah, we should probably stay tuned to ESPN.

pbmax
How can you possibly know this? What if they haven't even got past, so what did you do with your summer?

FritzDontBlitz
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM

My gut feeling about this whole thing is leaning more and more toward Brett really wanted to come back, M3 told him to go get fucked, TT sides with M3 and neither budge, Favre sees no other option but to use the media as leverage, TT/M3 try to call his bluff and end up caving. I'm not buying this "I want to look him in the eye and make sure he's committed 100%" shit. It doesn't take 3 hours to look somebody in the eye. And WTF if up with the Ari Fleischer angle? Is M3 using him as a PR consultant? I wonder if the open competition was even M3's idea.

motife
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Edit: I hope they have a bottle of good whiskey in that room.

There ya go! They didn't want to have a PC because nobody was sober enough. :shock:

....let the good times roll :P

Brando19
PACKERS POSTPONE MCCARTHY PRESSER
Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2008, 9:42 p.m.

As all of Wisconsin held its breath for Packers coach Mike McCarthy to share details regarding the outcome of his meeting with quarterback Brett Favre, it was announced that the press conference has been postponed until Tuesday.

Apparently, McCarthy is still meeting with Favre.

With the Packers scheduled to practice tomorrow, it’s unclear whether Favre will be on the field. Also, look for the Favre camp to leak to the media before McCarthy’s press conference the player’s version of what went down during the sit-down.

Yeah, we should probably stay tuned to ESPN.

Exactly what I said before PFT!

CaliforniaCheez
The good News is that the long talk is not with Ted Thompson.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
This is typical of Favre. McCarthy joked when he first met Favre that a 1 minute phone call would turn into 5 hours.

It's also how Favre is at press conferences. He goes on and on and never really says anything.

It's also illustrative of his indecisiveness generally. He can't come up with 2 or 3 points and move forward. He's all over the place and nothing gets decided.. ever.

This should have been a 30 minute talk. Instead, Favre drags it out forever making not only the press wait, but also the team who had hung around on a non practice day for a team meeting after the Favre meeting with McCarthy. And a seperate meeting with the QB's.

Shows a lot of consideration by Favre for McCarthy and the teams time.

Favre is borderline nuts.

And how do we know this is all Fave's fault ?

Oh forget it, I shouldn't even asked a question like that around here or I'll get flogged :lol:

boiga
08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I wonder if the open competition was even M3's idea. While I disagree with the rest of your analysis, FDB, I've been wondering that too. It seems that Goodell pushed Murphy and the board to give Brett a shot for the sake of PR.

But that's McCarthy's call, not theirs, so he'd be fully within his rights to tell them to stuff it. I wish someone would say if he did or not.

motife
08-04-2008, 09:00 PM
This is typical of Favre. McCarthy joked when he first met Favre that a 1 minute phone call would turn into 5 hours.

It's also how Favre is at press conferences. He goes on and on and never really says anything.

It's also illustrative of his indecisiveness generally. He can't come up with 2 or 3 points and move forward. He's all over the place and nothing gets decided.. ever.

This should have been a 30 minute talk. Instead, Favre drags it out forever making not only the press wait, but also the team who had hung around on a non practice day for a team meeting after the Favre meeting with McCarthy. And a seperate meeting with the QB's.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 09:01 PM

Ya, you said that already. :lol:

lod01
08-04-2008, 09:02 PM
It's safe to say that none of you have a clue what is being said in the meeting.

Lurker64

Oh forget it, I shouldn't even asked a question like that around here or I'll get flogged :lol:

Really, if Favre was at all reasonable the conversation would go like this.

McCarthy: Brett, here's our plan with the QB position, just thought I would let you know in advance as a courtesy.

Brett: Okay coach, you're the one in charge.

BallHawk
Funny snippet from the ESPN blog....

8:31 p.m. -- So why did the chicken cross the road?

8:35 p.m. -- To get to the other side of the Rubicon, obviously.

BF4MVP
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I, for one, really enjoy Favre's long-winded pressers 8-)

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 09:04 PM

Ya, you said that already. :lol:

How did I respond to a quote posted a minute after mine :?:

red

My gut feeling about this whole thing is leaning more and more toward Brett really wanted to come back, M3 told him to go get fucked, TT sides with M3 and neither budge, Favre sees no other option but to use the media as leverage, TT/M3 try to call his bluff and end up caving. I'm not buying this "I want to look him in the eye and make sure he's committed 100%" shit. It doesn't take 3 hours to look somebody in the eye. And WTF if up with the Ari Fleischer angle? Is M3 using him as a PR consultant? I wonder if the open competition was even M3's idea.

that's about spot on as to what i feel happened too

if brett gets traded or cut after all the crap that the team said last night about him being welcomed back and the open competition and what not, then i will be furious. us, the fans, would have once again been lied to. and if that's the case i think 2 or maybe 3 guys should immediately lose their jobs over this whole mess

i really don't trust anything that comes out of TT's mouth, and i'm starting to get that way about m3. and murphy has proven to be a giant joke with the one thing he's tried to do so far

Bretsky
It's safe to say that none of you have a clue what is being said in the meeting.

:knll: :rock: :clap: :wave: :glug:

gex
08-04-2008, 09:05 PM

Holy crap!!!! :shock:
Is Favre also responsible for global warming.
Haters are Unfknbelievable

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 09:06 PM

Really, if Favre was at all reasonable the conversation would go like this.

McCarthy: Brett, here's our plan with the QB position, just thought I would let you know in advance as a courtesy.

Brett: Okay coach, you're the one in charge.

And maybe the conversation was not as simple as how you think it should go

packers11
08-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Maybe MM and Favre totally agree on everything. Favre is so happy with the news that hes having a welcome back party for himself in the meeting room... :wink:

TT is the special guest and Rodgers will be on stage singing.

motife
I, for one, really enjoy Favre's long-winded pressers 8-)

a masochist?

I like Mark Tauscher's pressers. They last about 60 seconds. Or Chad Clifton's. He doesn't do them.

Henry Ford's motto was "Don't complain. Don't explain."

Favre's is "I can't shut up."

Brando19
I'm hearing on other forums that jay glazer is reporting favre to vikes for 2nd round pick and he'll hold a PC from MN tomorrow?

Read these comments about the PC...
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

HowardRoark
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Funny snippet from the ESPN blog....

8:31 p.m. -- So why did the chicken cross the road?

8:35 p.m. -- To get to the other side of the Rubicon, obviously.

Maybe if Murphy would have just "burned the boats" there would not be any issues today.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm hearing on other forums that jay glazer is reporting favre to vikes for 2nd round pick and he'll hold a PC from MN tomorrow?

SOURCE?

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 09:10 PM

That would suck for a lot of reasons.....but mostly all the hype they gave the fans last night.

Carolina_Packer
08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Still talking.......not a good sign for those that want to see Favre play for the Packers this year.......IMO :(I disagree actually. Still talking means that there is still something to talk about. If Brett and Mike can even out their differences then this could still work out.

Then again, still talking also means that Brett isn't just accepting what his coach is telling him...

arggghhhh....

I agree on it not being bad for the delay, I disagree with the last part about Brett not accepting what MM is saying. It seems to me the team probably had a game plan for Favre's arrival and If/Then scenarios for whatever Favre might say or how he might react. If he was defiant or obstinant right off, then there wouldn't be anything to talk about, and you'd think the team would have already made a contingency plan for pulling the trigger on a trade. If they didn't have a sure trading partner lined-up, I guess they could be opening up the phone lines now and negotiating with anyone who has shown interest. Personally, I hope more talk means they are straightening this B.S. out and getting Brett back in the fold. I know people are sick of this and some will trot out stats about how Favre hasn't done much in years, but the guy can still play and he's our guy and I'm not going to kick him to the curb for being indecisive, because everyone can be (at least I thought so :-)

Lurker64
if brett gets traded or cut after all the crap that the team said last night about him being welcomed back and the open competition and what not, then i will be furious. us, the fans, would have once again been lied to. and if that's the case i think 2 or maybe 3 guys should immediately lose their jobs over this whole mess

The Packers never said anything about an open competition in any official capacity as far as I can tell. The extent of what the Packers have said is:

Sixteen years after Brett Favre came to the Packers, he is returning for a seventeenth season. He has had a great career with our organization and although we built this year around the assumption that Brett meant what he said about retiring, Brett is coming back. We will welcome him back and turn this situation to our advantage.

Frankly, Brett's change of mind put us in a very difficult spot. We now will revise many actions and assumptions about our long-term future, all predicated on Brett's decision last March to retire. As a result of his decision, we invested considerably in a new and different future without Brett and we were obviously moving in that direction. That's why this wasn't easy. Having crossed the Rubicon once when Brett decided to retire, it's very difficult to reorient our plans and cross it again in the opposite direction - but we'll put this to our advantage.

Brett will be in camp tomorrow. Although there has been uncertainty regarding Brett's return, Ted Thompson and Coach McCarthy had previously discussed this and have had a plan in place. Coach McCarthy will talk to the team and the quarterbacks about the plan moving forward, and after he has done that we will share it publicly.

No matter what, I look forward to another successful season for the Packers and our fans. This has been a tough situation, but the Packers will make the most of it.

Which essentially boils down to "He's put us in a tough spot, but we're taking him back, stay tuned for details." At this point, they wouldn't be lying to anybody if they cut Brett right now. The whole "open competition" thing was basically invented by folks reading between the lines, anyway if there was going to be such a thing it would be announced by McCarthy in this press conference, it's not up to the organization to decide whether or not there's a QB competition, that's McCarthy's call to make and nobody else's.

Brando19

read the comments on the PC topic...i don't believe it though.

BF4MVP
I like Mark Tauscher's. They last about 60 seconds. Or Chad Clifton's. He doesn't do them.
What we have here is a difference of opinion :wink:

He usually doesn't give a straight and to-the-point answer to the question, but I enjoy hearing what he has to say anyways.

And no, I'm not a masochist :lol:

motife
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM

Do the Vikes have any draft picks after acquiring Jared Allen?

boiga
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM

That would suck for a lot of reasons.....but mostly all the hype they gave the fans last night.True, but if Favre isn't willing to accept M3's orders, it could be the only resolution to all of this.

imscott72
08-04-2008, 09:15 PM

SOURCE?

That's BS. And ESPN isn't reporting anything? that would have spread to all the news outlets in minutes..

packers11
08-04-2008, 09:15 PM
lol that rumor is definitely not true...

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Haha, some Vikes/Bears fan is totally owning the people on GBPG. :lol:

Joemailman
08-04-2008, 09:17 PM

Do the Vikes have any draft picks after acquiring Jared Allen?

They gave up 2008 picks for Allen.

lod01
08-04-2008, 09:18 PM

Yep. You are an idiot.

Brando19
08-04-2008, 09:20 PM

Yep. You are an idiot.

Fuck you, newbie. I'm relaying messages from other sites so kiss my ass.

FritzDontBlitz
08-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Favre traded. Team implodes. Film at 11. We think.

motife
08-04-2008, 09:21 PM
there's NOTHING to the comments at that link.

Someone's trying to get a reaction.

digitaldean
08-04-2008, 09:21 PM

IF Glazer is reporting it, it would be on the foxsports.com website. Nothing there as of yet. That and the "sh*t-stirrers at PFT" would have something on it. Don't put any faith in that yet.

Brando19
08-04-2008, 09:22 PM

IF Glazer is reporting it, it would be on the foxsports.com website. Nothing there as of yet. That and the "sh*t-stirrers at PFT" would have something on it. Don't put any faith in that yet.

I've always been a fan of PFT...but here lately I've notcied you're right...they are shit stirrers and have been wrong more than right.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Troll that posted those rumors admitted he was trolling.

That was grade-A trolling right there.

lod01

Yep. You are an idiot.

Tardboy, no one has a clue what is going on in that meeting beccause no one has left it. The crap you are spewing is just that... pure unsubstantiated shit.

boiga
I've always been a fan of PFT...but here lately I've notcied you're right...they are shit stirrers and have been wrong more than right.They were kind of amusing though.

That was grade-A trolling right there. Do they give awards for that kind of thing yet?

Brando19
08-04-2008, 09:24 PM

That was grade-A trolling right there.

Hahaha...what a dork...I guess I fell for it. :oops:

HowardRoark
08-04-2008, 09:25 PM
All quiet on the western front:

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KMKT

Brando19
08-04-2008, 09:26 PM

Yep. You are an idiot.

Tardboy, no one has a clue what is going on in that meeting beccause no one has left it. The crap you are spewing is just that... pure unsubstantiated shit.

Tardboy? You're a fucking geek. I'm not spewing shit...I'm relaying it because who knows what's true...I was asking the posters here (not you cuz you're fuckin ignorant) what they thought and if they had heard anything. I've posted here for quite a while now and do not appreciate being disrespected when you called me an idiot. Now you've got me going. So with that....FUCK You. Kay...I'm done.

VegasPackFan
08-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Nobody can know what is going on in that meeting until someone comes out of it and then leaks info. The only other way would be if anyone in the Packer org knows EXACTLY what MM was going to say to BF, but that only allow us to know what the plan was - not what transpires.

digitaldean
08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Bus is wearing a wire and will have it transcribed before MM's presser tomorrow.... :wink:

VegasPackFan
08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
500th post, by the way!

YIPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Brando19
08-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Bus is wearing a wire and will have it transcribed before MM's presser tomorrow.... :wink:

Sadly...you're probably exactly right.

boiga
08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Bus is wearing a wire and will have it transcribed before MM's presser tomorrow.... :wink:Well, apparantly, Mooch is worried.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/04/mariucci-favre-wants-to-know-if-packers-are-committed-to-him.aspx

Mariucci: Favre wants to know if Packers are committed to him

PackerTimer
08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Bus is wearing a wire and will have it transcribed before MM's presser tomorrow.... :wink:Well, apparantly, Mooch is worried.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/04/mariucci-favre-wants-to-know-if-packers-are-committed-to-him.aspx

WHAT? See this is typical of Lord Favre, why the fuck should the Packers be committed to him? I thought all he wanted was to compete for the job? Does he want that damn job handed to him again? I am so tired of this crap, I wouldn't even give a damn if the traded him to Minny. I just want it to go away as quickly as possible.

Ok, I should really settle down. I don't want to jump on this too much as it is probably more BS, but I'm so skeptical of Favre after all of his prima donna crap he's pulled.

digitaldean
08-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Until we hear news tomorrow, no reason to get ourselves worked up.

Would have been nice to have this hammered out, but it's better they work out the details now than to miss something and have even more of a clusterf* than we have now.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2008, 09:36 PM

What comments?

VegasPackFan
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
There must be alot of dirty laundry being aired out though, for this to take so long. Could be a good thing.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM

LOL... now THAT's funny. Brett Favre questioning the PACKERS about committment. Are the Packers as committed to Favre as Favre is to the Packers?! Gosh, I don't know how to answer that one. Either "Yes, absolutely" or "HOW DARE YOU!!"

SkinBasket
08-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Tardboy? You're a fucking geek. I'm not spewing shit...I'm relaying it because who knows what's true...I was asking the posters here (not you cuz you're fuckin ignorant) what they thought and if they had heard anything. I've posted here for quite a while now and do not appreciate being disrespected when you called me an idiot. Now you've got me going. So with that....FUCK You. Kay...I'm done.

Heh. And you were telling us to lay off Paco in the "FAVRE TRADED!!!" thread? And here you are going all psycho on some poor bastard. Calling some guy a "newbie" because he hasn't posted much is kind of homosexual too. Partial is ample evidence that post count does not equal football knowledge.

digitaldean
Maybe they saw highlights of the Fielder - Parra slapfest and got some ideas.... :wink:

VegasPackFan

What comments?

Some troll claiming that a MN site was reporting a deal to be done and that BF would be in Queens camp tomorrow.

digitaldean
08-04-2008, 09:41 PM

LOL... now THAT's funny. Brett Favre questioning the PACKERS about committment. Are the Packers as committed to Favre as Favre is to the Packers?! Gosh, I don't know how to answer that one. Either "Yes, absolutely" or "HOW DARE YOU!!"

Got to remember, this is the same QB who felt forced out, but said
I know there's been comments and issues in the press lately about why I'm leaving, whether or not the Packers did enough, whether or not Ted and Mike tried to convince me to stay. None of those things have anything to do with me retiring, and that's from the heart."

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/03/06/3/

Brando19
08-04-2008, 09:41 PM

Heh. And you were telling us to lay off Paco in the "FAVRE TRADED!!!" thread? And here you are going all psycho on some poor bastard. Calling some guy a "newbie" because he hasn't posted much is kind of homosexual too. Partial is ample evidence that post count does not equal football knowledge.

Shut up, clit avatar. The fuckhead called me an idiot for no reason...so stay out of it or say something to him as well.

FritzDontBlitz
08-04-2008, 09:43 PM

WHAT? See this is typical of Lord Favre, why the fuck should the Packers be committed to him? I thought all he wanted was to compete for the job? Does he want that damn job handed to him again?

This is very good self parody.

lod01
08-04-2008, 09:46 PM

Shut up, clit avatar. The fuckhead called me an idiot for no reason...so stay out of it or say something to him as well.

I called you an idiot because you are shocasing your talent. 100% totally unsubstantiated manure spews from your lips.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 09:47 PM

WHAT? See this is typical of Lord Favre, why the fuck should the Packers be committed to him? I thought all he wanted was to compete for the job? Does he want that damn job handed to him again?

It's a fair question if all he wants to know is whether he's going
to be given a fair chance to compete. My gut tells me there is
more though. To me extra time means complications. I'm at
the point where I expect him to be traded in August and maybe
sooner than later

boiga
08-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Who would have known that Favre had a comedy routine beyond fart jokes?

Brando19
08-04-2008, 09:50 PM

I called you an idiot because you are shocasing your talent. 100% totally unsubstantiated manure spews from your lips.

I'm done with you, dude. Done.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2008, 09:51 PM

I've wondered about this myself. Could the Packers be making Brett as miserable as possible even with the intention of letting him play this year, just so that he doesn't do it again. He's been playing the org. every offseason for the last few years, and maybe the Packers are just letting him know that it won't be business as usual for the Favre retirement melodrama from now on.

Brando19
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM

I've wondered about this myself. Could the Packers be making Brett as miserable as possible even with the intention of letting him play this year, just so that he doesn't do it again. He's been playing the org. every offseason for the last few years, and maybe the Packers are just letting him know that it won't be business as usual for the Favre retirement melodrama from now on.

I hope so. Maybe Favre will be welcome back under center for the Pack...and won't retire too soon for the next few years.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM

Have you ever waited for 3 hours while your wife tries to decide which restaurant to go to?

If so, the Favre hating shouldn't be that difficult to understand.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM

I hope so. Maybe Favre will be welcome back under center for the Pack...and won't retire too soon for the next few years.

I'm down with watching Favre play three more in Green n Gold

PackerTimer
08-04-2008, 09:54 PM

It's a fair question if all he wants to know is whether he's going
to be given a fair chance to compete. My gut tells me there is
more though. To me extra time means complications. I'm at
the point where I expect him to be traded in August and maybe
sooner than later

You are probably correct. I am not very trusting of Favre since the Greta interview however. Still, I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions based on a media report.

Brando19
08-04-2008, 09:55 PM

Invisible high five on that one, B! Three more years. Three more years! Three more years!

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 09:56 PM

Have you ever waited for 3 hours while your wife tries to decide which restaurant to go to?

Ripping on the chicks again SC ? Wait til the EC gang finds you :lol:

Lurker64

Do all your wives have difficulty coming to a consensus?

Freak Out

They could always rework the contract and give him a one year deal if he is not traded.

Joemailman
08-04-2008, 09:59 PM
I think Brett is trying to find out if the Packers really want him here, or whether they plan to dump him through a trade or release on the eve of the regular season.

I think M3 is trying to figure out how committed Favre is, not just to playing, but to really being a part of this team. I think the fact that Favre was not here for the minicamps and OTA's really does not sit well with McCarthy.

They both have legitimate concerns, and are both trying to figure out if they can trust the other guy.

SnakeLH2006
08-04-2008, 10:03 PM

Invisible high five on that one, B! Three more years. Three more years! Three more years!

I'm all for it, but imagine the records that would go down or dwarfed. 17 more games and he ties for the all-time consecutive regular season start streak for ANY NFL player. That's just nuts. But hey, let's see what goes down after the Packer Hostel tonight (err...meeting).

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:08 PM
It doesn't matter to me what Brett says he'll do. I won't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. He's done it before, why not do it again?

imscott72
08-04-2008, 10:11 PM

Hell yeah, as long as he commits and sticks to it..

imscott72
08-04-2008, 10:12 PM

Do all your wives have difficulty coming to a consensus?

Yes! :roll:

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 10:16 PM

Bye bye, Aaron... I hope Brohm comes along or we are fucked when Favre leaves. Aaron was our plan, but if this isn't Favre's last year he's as good as gone.

imscott72
08-04-2008, 10:18 PM

Bye bye, Aaron... I hope Brohm comes along or we are fucked when Favre leaves. Aaron was our plan, but if this isn't Favre's last year he's as good as gone.

Yep, but I'm ok with losing Aaron as long as Brett keeps to his word while they work with Brohm or another draftee..

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
If we go with Favre you have essentially thrown your 2004 1st round pick away.

Brando19
08-04-2008, 10:21 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080804/PKR01/80804146/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

When Aaron Rodgers has thrown
The Packers’ starter-for-now has spread the ball to his top receivers while completing 88 of 146 passes (60.3 percent), but only 30 of 68 (44.1 percent) since Thursday’s off day. He's thrown four interceptions.

Driver, the three-time Pro Bowler, leads the way with nine catches, followed by Jennings and Jones with eight each and Nelson with seven. The other of the Packers’ top five receivers, Martin, has five, and Lee, the starting tight end, has all eight of his catches from Rodgers. No other receiver or tight end has more than two. Jackson, filling in as the No. 1 running back until starter Ryan Grant signed his contract, leads all players with 13 catches.

When Brian Brohm has thrown
The second-round draft pick from Louisville has posted the best completion percentage (63.1 percent), completing 65 of 103 passes with one interception.

Swain and Martin have been favorites so far for the second-stringer. Brohm has hit Swain seven times and Martin six times. Jennings, Nelson, Jake Allen and Johnny Quinn have three catches each. Among tight ends, rookie Jermichael Finley has four catches and Tory Humphrey three. Noah Herron leads the running backs with seven.

When Matt Flynn has thrown
In limited work, the seventh-round draft pick from LSU is 35-for-64 (54.7 percent) with no interceptions.

Jones, Swain, Chris Francies and rookie Taj Smith have three catches each from the third-stringer. Flynn has connected once each with top receivers Driver and Jennings. Finley and Joey Haynos have two each at tight end, and Herron has two to lead the running backs.

Pacopete4

we've thrown away quite a few already.. might as well make it another

Gunakor
When have you ever known Favre to keep to his word... I'm skeptical of this for obvious reasons.

Brando19
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM

We have that history (Carroll, Walker, looks like Harrell)

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:24 PM

The most recent pick we threw away was Ahmad Carroll. In the Ted Thompson era, there haven't been any throw picks in the first round, even the first day.

And, no, Harrell is not a throw a way pick....at least not yet.

imscott72
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM

Yeah we do better with later round picks anyways. TT should trade out every year..

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM

would that be better or worse than the 2006 pick ? :lol:

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
When have you ever known Favre to keep to his word... I'm skeptical of this for obvious reasons.

Not sure where to go with this

But I've found him to be overly honest before this year and IMO his brutal honesty result in his poor media relation skills

The Shadow
08-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I hope McCarthy and Thompson are either talking to every other NFL team
OR
Laying down the law regarding competing- no more special treatment, no more half-ass work ethic, and a more manly approach to voicing concerns.

CaptainKickass
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm sitting here thinking this:

"What a better way to give the media a giant middle finger than tp make them all gather for a news conference, get them all psyched up for some big announcement, and then pull the rug out from underneath them. Even if it wasn't intentional - the Packer Org and Favre finally called and executed a play together that worked fantastically to screw over all the "Favre-a-Razi's".

I'm laughing mt head off at it. Anyone else find this amusing?

?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 10:34 PM
No.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM

But I've found him to be overly honest before this year and IMO his brutal honesty result in his poor media relation skills

When Chad Johnson or T.O. talk out about the organization they are called a cancer and a distraction.

When Favre talks out he's brutally honest?

I don't buy it. More double standards.

Fritz
08-04-2008, 10:38 PM
I hope McCarthy and Thompson are either talking to every other NFL team
OR
Laying down the law regarding competing- no more special treatment, no more half-ass work ethic, and a more manly approach to voicing concerns.

In my estimation, it's too late for the latter.
I tried this with one of my kids, once. She screwed up really bad, jerked some people around, including me, and I let her get away with it. Then I gave her a stern talking to - how I wouldn't put up with that stuff!

How do you think that worked out?

And now I see the blog in which Mariucci talks about Favre being concerned that the Packers are maybe not committed to him? He wants a commitment? The guy who couldn't make a commitment for five and a half months now wants a commitment from the Packers?

And, by the way, mariucci's "concern" for his friend is yet another reason it was a damn good thing TT didn't hire Mooch. As Favre's friend, fine. But if he were Favre's coach? It would be a disaster.

The Shadow
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM

When Chad Johnson or T.O. talk out about the organization they are called a cancer and a distraction.

You are forgetting : To the Cult, this behavior, when it is from their Messiah, is just being 'brutally honest',

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 10:41 PM

Let me simplify it for you.

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 10:41 PM

Oh Bullcrap; look at the contents of the post and tell me where Favre was dishonest before this last debacle ?

I don't see the comparison with Johnson or Owens so I'll let you build that one so I can see content wise how they are comparable

footballfever
08-04-2008, 10:42 PM

That's a good point, I'd almost throw the race card in there at that point too though. Favre has preferred treatment around the board, media, Packer fans hell even NFL fans, Goodell seems at this point it's McCarthy and Thompson and the few Packerrats with any good sense against the world. I've been on the side of the organization this whole time, but I'm starting to feel the tide rising and its going to be out of control when He steps back on the field. Yes like all the other ass kissing Favre worshippers out there I'm capitalizing the word He and Him just like Jesus and God.

imscott72
08-04-2008, 10:43 PM

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

:roll: I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you're black?

Fritz
08-04-2008, 10:44 PM

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

Hey, if someone's of mixed race, can they be a brutally honest cancer?

The Shadow
08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Don't know about being a cancer, but they sure can be an empty suit shouting 'change' and 'hope'.

imscott72
08-04-2008, 10:46 PM

How many times has Favre pulled a cell phone out of the goal post after a TD? How many times has Favre wore a cape that said "HOF" after a TD? You wanna talk about prima donna's, TO and Chad are poster boys for that. Not even a close comparison.

imscott72
08-04-2008, 10:47 PM

double post for some reason..

The Shadow
08-04-2008, 10:47 PM

How many times has Favre pulled a cell phone out of the goal post after a TD? How many times has Favre wore a cape that said "HOF" after a TD? You wanna talk about prima donna's, TO and Chad are poster boys for that. Not even a close comparison.

Don't remember those guys having to be begged every year to take millions.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
If T.O. came out and said "I told Jerry Jones to at least interview Mooch, he was my coach in San Francisco and he's unemployed. I'd like to have him as my HC. He didn't do that. So then I said 'Hey, Randy Moss is available, if you added him to our team he'd take a lot of coverage of me....my stats would soar, that'd really help them.' He didn't do that. So, I mean, what type of message does that send to me?"

He'd be lambasted by the media, the fans, etc.

But, when Brett Favre says it....well, he's just a brutally down to earth country boy. Aw shucks, look at him, he's so honest. It's not his fault he talked down to his GM, his personality is just geared to being honest and expressing his feelings. You can't blame him for that, though. :roll:

imscott72
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM

Of course you don't have to beg those guys to take millions. If it was all about the money for Favre he'd take the 20 mill and go ride his f'ing tractor. Obviously it's not.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:50 PM

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

Nope, he's a white Jewish guy from Arizona. :D

VegasPackFan
08-04-2008, 10:51 PM
So has this meeting ended yet, or are they still hunkered down in there?

The Shadow
08-04-2008, 10:51 PM

Of course you don't have to beg those guys to take millions. If it was all about the money for Favre he'd take the 20 mill and go ride his f'ing tractor. Obviously it's not.

No, no, no it's not about the money.
Could it be about ego - just perhaps?

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:52 PM
You wanna talk about prima donna's, TO and Chad are poster boys for that. Not even a close comparison.

You're telling me Favre isn't a prima donna?

He's the definition of one.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:53 PM
So has this meeting ended yet, or are they still hunkered down in there?

We should probably get Ari Fleischer to go down there and check.

imscott72
If T.O. came out and said "I told Jerry Jones to at least interview Mooch, he was my coach in San Francisco and he's unemployed. I'd like to have him as my HC. He didn't do that. So then I said 'Hey, Randy Moss is available, if you added him to our team he'd take a lot of coverage of me....my stats would soar, that'd really help them.' He didn't do that. So, I mean, what type of message does that send to me?"

But, when Brett Favre says it....well, he's just a brutally down to earth country boy. Aw shucks, look at him, he's so honest. It's not his fault he talked down to his GM, his personality is just geared to being honest and expressing his feelings. You can't blame him for that, though. :roll:

I think after this latest soap opera though, he is going to get blasted by the media for pulling stunts like that. I think all the stuff his family went though too bought him some sympathy with the media. How can you not feel something after his dad died then that Oakland game? Then Deanna getting cancer and all that. I really think those events saved him a lot of negative press, but he's sure getting it now and will in the future I think.

Tyrone Bigguns

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

I"m going out on a limb and say you aren't very bright.

Why would you assume that i'm black..or is my positon a "black" position.

imscott72

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

Whoops.. :D

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

Hey, if someone's of mixed race, can they be a brutally honest cancer?

Yes. They are usually the benign vs. malignant cancer. :wink:

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM

I see once again you ignored the content of pointing out where he was dishonest before this year

If you want to make a point you can do it without twisting what I was saying

:roll:

Other than saying I believe there is plenty more information we don't know, I have not or will not defend the means Favre used after his retirement.

He gets plenty of blame

Sincerely,

Another Cult Member

imscott72
08-04-2008, 10:55 PM

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

I"m going out on a limb and say you aren't very bright.

Why would you assume that i'm black..or is my positon a "black" position.

Nah I took a shot in the dark based on your screen name...guess I missed huh?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-04-2008, 10:55 PM

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

Falasha...you idiot. :wink:

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:57 PM

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

:lol: :lol:

Damn, that was a good one.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2008, 10:58 PM

Oh Bullcrap; look at the contents of the post and tell me where Favre was dishonest before this last debacle?

I don't think that's his point. His point is that Johnson and Owens can be brutally honest (just like Favre), but are labeled cancers. He didn't say all three are liars.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I see once again you ignored the content of pointing out where he was dishonest before this year

When did I say he was dishonest? :?:

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM

Ah, who cares; but you quoted my quote and started twisting...at least that is how I read it

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 11:01 PM

Ah, who cares; but you quoted my quote and started twisting...at least that is how I read it

Didn't mean to, B. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM

NP; you coming to the PR outing vs. Atlanta ??

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2008, 11:11 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080804/PKR01/80804130/1058

Since McCarthy became the Packers’ coach in 2006, he's said several times that conflict and confrontation can be productive when running a football team, so it’s not hard to see him and Favre having a long and candid conversation about all that’s transpired this offseason.

One of McCarthy’s concerns was whether Favre was fully committed to playing football. Favre had struggled with whether or not to retire the past three years. He announced his retirement in March, but shortly thereafter began sending signals to the Packers that he was having second thoughts.

BallHawk
08-04-2008, 11:11 PM

NP; you coming to the PR outing vs. Atlanta ??

I might come up one of these days, B, but not this year. Besides, I think most people would mistake me for somebody's son, not a fellow Rat. :lol:

If this site keeps going 'til 2010 then I'll come up for that season. I'll be 18 at that point, so that'd make it easier.

boiga
08-04-2008, 11:30 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=779676

The two were still talking late into the evening, more than five hours after the meeting began

Seriously? Five hours....???

Scott Campbell
08-04-2008, 11:58 PM

Good point B.

The EC gang are very decisive women, unlike the women I married. Or sumthin.

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 12:00 AM

Good point B.

ahhh, wats up SC???

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 12:01 AM

i know ,i know

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 12:03 AM

answers to WHAT????

PP55's post is very telling of what one of the quetions is likely to be. As for your other question, Favre hasn't been very nice to the Packers lately has he? He slammed TT, fine. But when he insinuated that the hiring of MM was one of his grudges - especially since the candidate he favored is a horrible coach who is currently unemployed - MM probably has questions regarding Favre's willingness to play for him.

If they can't find a way to get past everything that's happened over the last month or so and work together, then Favre can't play here. The organization has made it very clear they side with TT and MM - the ENTIRE organization, starting all the way at the top (TT is not the guy at the top). So if Favre and McCarthy can't work things out, it's Favre that will be gone.

after ALL the money he's made for TT and MM

ungrateful schmucks....

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Damn, see that guy just walk by the podium......how about mixing in a salad once and awhile.

lol, i just saw it (tivo)

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 12:16 AM

Good point B.

ahhh, wats up SC???

Vacationing a lot lately. Expected to come back with this fully resolved. Geesh, I am so ready to be over this crappy soap opera and back to some real camp news.

How are you doin?

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 12:18 AM

good point about when #4 talks to media. im like SPIT IT OUT already

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 12:20 AM

good point about when #4 talks to media. i like SPIT IT OUT already

Favre might be more concise if he thought there was a hunting trip waiting for him right after the interview.

digitaldean
08-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Meeting between Favre and M3 broke up after 11:20 pm

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/04/favre-mccarthy-finally-leave-lambeau-field.aspx

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 06:33 AM

that's about spot on as to what i feel happened too

i really don't trust anything that comes out of TT's mouth, and i'm starting to get that way about m3. and murphy has proven to be a giant joke with the one thing he's tried to do so farHold on there. McCarthy never said anything about an open competition. That was the media's sources. McCarthy's only words on the matter were to Drew Smith which were praprhasing, "we haven't discussed anything like that".

Zool
08-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Meeting between Favre and M3 broke up after 11:20 pm

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/04/favre-mccarthy-finally-leave-lambeau-field.aspx

I didnt realize they were dating.

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 07:59 AM

Good point B.

ahhh, wats up SC???

Vacationing a lot lately. Expected to come back with this fully resolved. Geesh, I am so ready to be over this crappy soap opera and back to some real camp news.

How are you doin?

doin well xcept for this emotional rollercoaster

u pulln for #4 to be under center? member i was once his harshest critic (out of love and hi xpectations o course)??

now im naming my child after him BRETT DEEP.....

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I think he's acting like an idiot, but I think he gives the team the best chance to win this year. So yeah, I'd like to see him under center.

SkinBasket
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM

Or what? You'll send me more homoerotic private messages? If you want to act like a douchebag, be prepared to be inserted into a dirty vagina every now and again.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 02:41 PM

So, do you assume that ballhawk is a bear, harlan is a blue dog, etc.?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 02:43 PM

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

Just enough good ones for you to tolerate the vast number of poor posts. I dole them out parsimoniously...don't want you and the rest of the forum to get spoiled. :wink:

imscott72
08-05-2008, 02:47 PM

I said based on your screen name, not your avitar.. :roll:

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 02:55 PM

White=brutally honest
Black=cancer

Just enough good ones for you to tolerate the vast number of poor posts. I dole them out parsimoniously...don't want you and the rest of the forum to get spoiled. :wink:Oh come on. We love your words of wisdom. We want to be sopiled. :D

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
you can't judge a man by the color of his avatar.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 02:56 PM
you can't judge a man by the color of his avatar.

No one did..

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 02:57 PM

So, Tyrone bigguns is a black name? Do you also assume that i smoke crack? LOL

So, do you assume that Harlan Huckleby is also black as HH was a black running back.

P.S. Are you that socially clueless...dave chappelle?

imscott72
08-05-2008, 03:01 PM

So, do you assume that Harlan Huckleby is also black as HH was a black running back.

Oh settle down..How many white guys are named Tyrone? If you advertise yourself as a crack smokin rat is it that hard to believe that someone might think that's what you do? Are you that socially clueless?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 03:13 PM

Oh settle down..How many white guys are named Tyrone? If you advertise yourself as a crack smokin rat is it that hard to believe that someone might think that's what you do? Are you that socially clueless?

How many white guys are named Harlan? Do you assume CPK, mission, bobblehead are white? What is their color based on their screen name.

Yes, it is hard to believe anybody would base anything off an avatar or screen name..especially one that says crack smokin rat...especially with a pic of dave chappelle.

Face it, you judged my words and put them as a "black" position..instead of actually thinking, responding to what was said, etc.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 03:15 PM

How many white guys are named Harlan? Do you assume CPK, mission, bobblehead are white? What is their color based on their screen name.

Yes, it is hard to believe anybody would base anything off an avatar or screen name..especially one that says crack smokin rat...especially with a pic of dave chappelle.

Face it, you judged my words and put them as a "black" position..instead of actually thinking, responding to what was said, etc.

Alrighty dude.. :roll:

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I always assume Tyrone is black because I can only see him in the dark when he smiles...or has leftover cocaine on his upper lip.

Damn it! This is about Favre! Stop talking about race! Favre! Favre! Favre!

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 03:16 PM
http://www.pjhlaw.co.uk/uploads/images/Racist_sheep.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 03:17 PM
I always assume Tyrone is black because I can only see him in the dark when he smiles...or has leftover cocaine on his upper lip.

Damn it! This is about Favre! Stop talking about race! Favre! Favre! Favre!

Race is a nice distraction from this soap opera. :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 03:18 PM

Alrighty dude.. :roll:

About the same level of thought and insight.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 03:19 PM

Col. Harlan Sanders is white. :)

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM

Col. Harlan Sanders is white. :)

As was Tyrone Power.

As is Tyrone Malone..King of Diesel Drag Racing.

And, most of Tyrone county in Ireland. :wink:

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Just enough good ones for you to tolerate the vast number of poor posts. I dole them out parsimoniously...don't want you and the rest of the forum to get spoiled. :wink:

Spoiled? Dude, how many people do you think got the Falasha joke?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 03:35 PM

I thought most were posting from the Hillel house or the JCC....i'm wrong?

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 03:38 PM

I gotta keep your expectations low...if i keep doling out the lubavitcher and falasha joke i'll have set the bar too high.

Keep you reading the crap for the hope of a nugget. :oops:

Sounds like ESPN.com. Most of the articles are garbage, but every once in a while there are gems (Tony Gwynn Jr article, Greg Jennings article)

Are we the only Jews on here? :D

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 03:40 PM

I gotta keep your expectations low...if i keep doling out the lubavitcher and falasha joke i'll have set the bar too high.

Keep you reading the crap for the hope of a nugget. :oops:

Sounds like ESPN.com. Most of the articles are garbage, but every once in a while there are gems (Tony Gwynn Jr article, Greg Jennings article)

Are we the only Jews on here? :D

Dang..i changed my comment and you saw this one first. I think my edit was better.

Jews: sshhhh...before you know it tex and the gang will be blaming us for this favre mess.

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Jews: sshhhh...before you know it tex and the gang will be blaming us for this favre mess.

But we didn't have anything to do with it. Why would they blame us? :?:

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 03:47 PM
christ killers!

(it doesn't have to make sense, you see.)

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM

But we didn't have anything to do with it. Why would they blame us? :?:

The favre nutcases don't need much....bad economy, poor season, media are jews.....i'm already moving my assets into diamonds...easier to transport if i have to flee the country.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
The favre nutcases don't need much....bad economy, poor season, media are jews.....i'm already moving my assets into diamonds...easier to transport if i have to flee the country.

I figured Tyrone would wear a lot of bling.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 04:04 PM

I figured Tyrone would wear a lot of bling.

Well, my Hei necklace is ruby encrusted.

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM

Was that supposed to evoke images of the movie "Marathon Man"?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 08:28 PM

Was that supposed to evoke images of the movie "Marathon Man"?

No. Diamonds were a longstanding tradition among the tribe.