PDA

View Full Version : With him or against him

Freak Out
08-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I went through 16 pages of crap and did not find a poll that asked the question...sorry if I missed one.

Trade him, release him, whatever...you either want him starting for the Packers or you don't.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 07:56 PM
It depends on if MM and Favre can get along. If they cannot put what has transpired over the last month behind them, then no I don't want him here. If they can put this behind them and work together efficiently, then I want him to stay.

One more thing though, if Favre stays then I'd like a guarantee from him that he will never ever ever ever pull this shit again. Ever. If you say you are done, then stay retired. No more waffling. Guaranteed. That is an absolute must if I were to want him here.

I am refraining from voting on this until I have more answers.

Freak Out
08-04-2008, 08:20 PM
BS....vote. You either want him now or you don't.

Freak Out
08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
55 views and 12 votes. Wafflers all of you.

falco
08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
its funny, i think this same poll a week or two ago would have been the opposite

now that he's here, suited up and fighting for the job, things have really swung in his favor

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 08:23 PM

Why do I have to pull a Brett Favre and make a decision that I'm not completely committed to?

retailguy
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM

Why do I have to pull a Brett Favre and make a decision that I'm not completely committed to?

b/c you don't have a $100m contract. so jump off the fence, will ya!

falco
08-04-2008, 08:25 PM

because freak out is forcing you to make a decision prior to free agency

GrnBay007
08-04-2008, 08:26 PM

Even if you make the wrong decision and change your mind, we will still let you post here because you're pretty good. :P

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 08:27 PM

because freak out is forcing you to make a decision prior to free agency

Well, the best I can guarantee at this point is I'll have made a decision before the trade deadline.

falco

Even if you make the wrong decision and change your mind, we will still let you post here because you're pretty good. :P

agreed - gunakor is one of the best new posters here

Freak Out

Pull a Gunakor.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM

agreed - gunakor is one of the best new posters here

Thanks guys!

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Several forum Geniuses have the same B'day as him as well :lol:

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 08:41 PM
No answers until tommorrow. Don't close the polls. When I get my answers, I'll vote.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
No answers until tommorrow. Don't close the polls. When I get my answers, I'll vote.

commit already you waffler :lol: :lol:

bobblehead
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm against him...until they say he is absolutely part of the team this year, at which time I will pull a favre and be totally behind him.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm against him...until they say he is absolutely part of the team this year, at which time I will pull a favre and be totally behind him.

If you pulled a Favre you wouldn't totally be behind anybody. Not willingly anyway.

Lurker64
08-04-2008, 09:18 PM
I definitely think that this other poll (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13770) supports more shades of gray than this one.

There's definitely more opinions to be had here between "kick his ass to the curb" and "install him immediately as the starter."

Freak Out
08-04-2008, 09:33 PM

If he wants to play football do you want him starting for the Packers or not? Easy question.

Freak Out
08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I definitely think that this other poll (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13770) supports more shades of gray than this one.

There's definitely more opinions to be had here between "kick his ass to the curb" and "install him immediately as the starter."

There are only two options here Lurker....you want the guy playing QB for you or not. Pure and simple.

Lurker64
08-04-2008, 09:39 PM
There are more choices than "want him starting" and "want him off the team". For example, you might want him on the team and not starting.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 09:40 PM

There are only two options here Lurker....you want the guy playing QB for you or not. Pure and simple.

It's not that simple, because it's about more than football now. Even if he's great on the field, I don't want him being a pain in the ass off of it. And I certainly don't want him playing in Green Bay this year if he's going to create all this bullshit again next summer. That all has to be taken into consideration.

Freak Out
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM

It's not that simple, because it's about more than football now. Even if he's great on the field, I don't want him being a pain in the ass off of it. And I certainly don't want him playing in Green Bay this year if he's going to create all this bullshit again next summer. That all has to be taken into consideration.

This is about YOU right NOW....Favre could fall down the stairs and break his freaking neck on Tuesday for all we know. Do YOU ever want him starting for the Packers again? If your emotions say no because he was an asshole then vote no.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 10:04 PM

This is about YOU right NOW....Favre could fall down the stairs and break his freaking neck on Tuesday for all we know. Do YOU ever want him starting for the Packers again? If your emotions say no because he was an asshole then vote no.

Do I ever want him starting for the Packers again? Yes, IF he is committed to playing here for MM and TT, and IF he guarantees that the offseason bullshit won't happen ever again. I don't know yet if he is committed to playing for a coach and a GM he's thrown under the bus in the last month, and I don't know if he's going to act like a spoiled brat after the season is over. SO I DON'T KNOW IF I WANT HIM HERE ANYMORE. But IF all parties can put this behind them and work together efficiently, and IF Favre guarantees that he'll stay quiet and out of the media after the season is over, then ABSOLUTELY I'd welcome him back. That's alot of IF'S so I'm not voting yet. Clear?

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Don't go trying to equate my indecisiveness to that of Favre either. Favre made his decision and then changed his mind. I have not made a decision yet, so I don't have to worry about changing my mind.

Freak Out
08-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Don't go trying to equate my indecisiveness to that of Favre either. Favre made his decision and then changed his mind. I have not made a decision yet, so I don't have to worry about changing my mind.

Ha ha....I think you answered yes.

Gunakor
08-04-2008, 10:12 PM

Ha ha....I think you answered yes.

What I said, if you were paying attention, was yes, IF.

Fritz
08-04-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't want Brett Favre starting for the Green Bay Packers, period. I think if he is here and he's starting ahead of a healthy Rodgers then MM has been completely undermined and it's the beginning of the end.

No equivocation from me. Favre = poison.

Bretsky
08-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I've been consistently fine with a trade to whoever as well as Favre as a starter. Just hope it comes to an end soon.

gex
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Favre starting....Hell yes, open competition.......yes, if its fair, Favre wins hands down. :D

The Gunshooter
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Build a statue of him kissing Rodger's ass and then cut him. What was the question?

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Favre starting....Hell yes, open competition.......yes, if its fair, Favre wins hands down. :D

Thank you, Bus Cook.

gex
08-04-2008, 10:57 PM

Thank you, Bus Cook.
:D