PDA

View Full Version : SHARPER SAYS NO WAY LORD COMES TO QUEENS....

MOBB DEEP
08-05-2008, 12:50 AM
breathn hard after practice he says that, despite their posturing, GB wont let him get away and be able to come back and haunt them

who here misses the SHARPER SHAKE?

th87
08-05-2008, 03:31 AM
REMINDER:

Favre wants to play for the VIKINGS!!!!

That is a slap in the face to all of us in Packer nation. How can we respect him at the level we used to after he turned his back on us??

mission
08-05-2008, 03:43 AM
i hate sharper and his colledge-like tackling techniques...

dont miss gimp at all.

pbmax
08-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Do not miss him at all.

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 08:16 AM
REMINDER: Favre wants to play for the VIKINGS!!!!

And your evidence of this is what?

imscott72
08-05-2008, 08:18 AM
breathn hard after practice he says that, despite their posturing, GB wont let him get away and be able to come back and haunt them

Translation: "I really hope that, in fact I triple dog dare the Packers to let him come to the Vikings.."..

Chevelle2
08-05-2008, 08:18 AM

the Glazer article, and the Favre text to Werder. "Let me play for you or against you"

imscott72
08-05-2008, 08:19 AM
REMINDER:

Favre wants to play for the VIKINGS!!!!

That is a slap in the face to all of us in Packer nation. How can we respect him at the level we used to after he turned his back on us??

I Farve ends up in Minny I may be done with football for this year. I just can't handle seeing him run through that tunnel in purple Monday night. All Badgers all the time this season if so.

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm with you, however I'm seeing lots of blogs saying the Favre to Vikings deal is done. Gus Ferotte and a second.

Chevelle2
08-05-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm with you, however I'm seeing lots of blogs saying the Favre to Vikings deal is done. Gus Ferotte and a second.

link?

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 08:23 AM
the Glazer article

Oh yeah...the guy who said Favre to the Bucs was a done deal. He's reliable.

and the Favre text to Werder. "Let me play for you or against you"

Oh yeah...the guy who said Greg Jennings was open in the back of the endzone when Rodgers threw his INT at the scrimmage. He's reliable.

Neither of these guys are close to this situation. They are both national reporter hacks who are probably the LEAST likely to break anything substantial.

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm with you, however I'm seeing lots of blogs saying the Favre to Vikings deal is done.

Just like Favre to the Bucs was a done deal?

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 08:40 AM
here's one:

http://community.sportsbubbler.com/forums/t/53075.aspx

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 09:09 AM
I also saw it on a vikings blog but i cant find that one. The queens fans are clambering for brett. The Viks blogs are nothing but brett this and brett that.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 09:14 AM
I think it's 50-50. Something to think about when determining if it's likely the Vikings or Favre or Bus Cook tampered. Favre seems convinced the Vikings would take him if the Packers don't want him. Considering the Vikings have never publicly acknowledged interest in Favre, how would he know this? I'm not saying the Vikings went to Favre to say they are interested, but I'm pretty sure it got talked about. Even that is supposed to be against tampering rules. Goodell just wanted to sweep this under the rug--just like he did with Spy Gate.

Patler
08-05-2008, 09:22 AM
I think it's 50-50. Something to think about when determining if it's likely the Vikings or Favre or Bus Cook tampered. Favre seems convinced the Vikings would take him if the Packers don't want him. Considering the Vikings have never publicly acknowledged interest in Favre, how would he know this? I'm not saying the Vikings went to Favre to say they are interested, but I'm pretty sure it got talked about. Even that is supposed to be against tampering rules. Goodell just wanted to sweep this under the rug--just like he did with Spy Gate.

Yup. I agree with that summary 100%. No way was this tampering charge going to add more fuel to the fire surrounding Favre.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 09:37 AM

Yup. I agree with that summary 100%. No way was this tampering charge going to add more fuel to the fire surrounding Favre.And I agree with your agreement.

Fritz
08-05-2008, 09:39 AM

There's also another quote in which Favre says if he can't play for the Pack, he wants to play within the division "for obvious reasons."

There is evidence here, Leap.

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 09:56 AM
There's also another quote in which Favre says if he can't play for the Pack, he wants to play within the division "for obvious reasons."

I agree there is evidence that Favre would like to go to the Vikings if the Packers refuse to allow him to even COMPETE for a spot on the roster.

I don't agree that there is evidence that Favre only wants to play for the Vikings and really has no desire to play for Green Bay.

sharpe1027
08-05-2008, 10:09 AM

I agree there is evidence that Favre would like to go to the Vikings if the Packers refuse to allow him to even COMPETE for a spot on the roster.

I don't agree that there is evidence that Favre only wants to play for the Vikings and really has no desire to play for Green Bay.

How about his strange unretire/re-retire after it appeared that Packers were happy to have him back.

How about all the negative statements that came out from his family and agent conveniently right as a rumor got out that he was coming back?

How about all of his statements complaining about TT and about how he wanted a different head coach?

How about his nearly immediate request to be released?

Is it definitive? No, but it is evidence.

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure whether the Vikes want Favre. Me thinks the Vikes are behind T-Jack more than some may think. Not saying he isn't on a short leash, he definitely is, but I don't think the Vikes are awaiting a Packers phone call with baited breath.

th87
08-05-2008, 12:38 PM

If he really gave a shit about us, he wouldn't want to go to the Vikings under any circumstance.

MadtownPacker
08-05-2008, 12:40 PM
If he really gave a shit about us, he wouldn't want to go to the Vikings under any circumstance.I think it is the opposite. If he didnt care about the team he would have moved on. He wants to play for the viking for revenge against the team who doesnt want him back. I hope he doesnt but it really shouldnt be a surprised that he feels that way.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
If he really gave a shit about us, he wouldn't want to go to the Vikings under any circumstance.I think it is the opposite. If he didnt care about the team he would have moved on. He wants to play for the viking for revenge against the team who doesnt want him back. I hope he doesnt but it really shouldnt be a surprised that he feels that way.

Exactly. His 1st choice is obviously starting for the Pack, but if you're not wanted why not go to another team that's poised to make a SB run and get to face your old team twice with a chance to show what they gave up? Can't really blame him for feeling that way either.

th87
08-06-2008, 02:03 AM

He wants to play for the Vikings to stick it to TT.

In the process, he slaps us loyal fans in the face. If he truly cared about his fans, he would never think to do this. He'd find some other way to screw TT over.

Zool
08-06-2008, 07:33 AM

He wants to play for the Vikings to stick it to TT.

In the process, he slaps us loyal fans in the face. If he truly cared about his fans, he would never think to do this. He'd find some other way to screw TT over.

This is what I'm saying. It'd be like someone in Poland in 1945 moving to Germany cause he was pissed at his parents.