PDA

View Full Version : The Favor

MJZiggy
08-05-2008, 06:05 AM
While this whole mess is still a mess, the odd angle of it all is that Favre actually did Rodgers a minor favor in all this. Yesterday I had the radio on and the morning news person came on and said that Favre had come back to camp spoke of competition between him and Aaron Rodgers.

Without Favre, it would take either a couple years or some pretty spectacular performances before Rodgers' name was heard nationwide.

mission
08-05-2008, 06:32 AM
I keep reading it, dear...

Im tired, stoned (duh), etc ... but ...

the part about the radio and the host or somethin favre competition rodgers mentioned, etc...

clear that up for me ?

(kinda serious ?)

:)

pbmax
08-05-2008, 07:11 AM
I think Zig is saying that Rodgers would get rookie QB media treatment (ignored save for group puff pieces) if not for Favre's continued presence. And I would add, while I am relatively certain he believes he is the best QB on the roster, Favre has spoken kindly about Rodgers publicly. No Eugene Robinson "he's not ready" kind of remarks.

One thing though, Rodgers is getting killed on ESPN about the scrimmage. Ed Werder, who seems semi-serious, was passing off second hand game information as an indictment of Rodgers. He had Rodgers missing a "wide open Greg Jennings" in the end zone in the two minute drill and instead throwing an INT. He also had a number of people LEAVING the scrimmage to go to the airport to see Favre land. No mention of the delay to the scrimmage and the fact that no one was in their seats yet at 7:00.

He admitted he hadn't seen or been at the game. He didn't know that the receiver, who was not Jennings, wasn't open not did he seem to know that the goal of that portion of the scrimmage was a two-minute drill to score a TD.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 07:14 AM
While this whole mess is still a mess, the odd angle of it all is that Favre actually did Rodgers a minor favor in all this. Yesterday I had the radio on and the morning news person came on and said that Favre had come back to camp spoke of competition between him and Aaron Rodgers.

Without Favre, it would take either a couple years or some pretty spectacular performances before Rodgers' name was heard nationwide.I think his draft day plunge made him a hiusehoild name more than Favre ever did.