PDA

View Full Version : "TAUSCHER IMPRESSIVE AT CAMP"

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 07:18 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=779696

HowardRoark
08-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Telling.

"You just never know how things will work out," Tauscher said. "But you're not going to worry about me retiring. I'm going to play as long as you can . . . until nobody wants you, then you gracefully move on."

Patler
08-05-2008, 07:23 AM
YO MAD

For $100,000, payable over the next ten years, I will refrain from posting my fruitless thoughts on this site; feel free to take up a collection and let me know how it turns out !!!!!!

Bretsky;

Looking at your signature line, I was just wondering, what should we do with the rest of the money we've collected??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

RashanGary
08-05-2008, 07:23 AM
He's a guy that I think you could pay right now and never regret it.

He's 31 but I think he could play until 35. A 4 year extention worth 18 mil and 6 up front would be a steal if he's healthy the whole time but reasonable considering the age risk.

pbmax
08-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Tauscher does radio weekly with Homer in Milwaukee and he's both combative and funny. Clearly a smart guy. He was mad at a review of McGinn's about the run blocking and the O Line performance and spent the second half of the season coming back to it as the running game took off. Homer was baiting him, he took it, but was also less than deadly serious. From all outward appearances, he seems like a great guy.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 07:55 AM
I remember competing against him on the football field and the basketball court in high school. Was a great competitor even then, even if he did swing a few elbows in the paint. :)

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 08:05 AM
YO MAD

For $100,000, payable over the next ten years, I will refrain from posting my fruitless thoughts on this site; feel free to take up a collection and let me know how it turns out !!!!!!

Bretsky;

Looking at your signature line, I was just wondering, what should we do with the rest of the money we've collected??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, my kids college funds could use some helping. Or you could use the reserves to start up a collection to send the next worthy poster into his early retirement If all else fails you can trade me :lol:

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Tauscher is a great player...he will probably remain effective for another 3-4 years, although he likely will miss more time to injury going forward.

Patler
08-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Tauscher is a great player...he will probably remain effective for another 3-4 years, although he likely will miss more time to injury going forward.

To paraphrase another poster:

...and your evidence of this is what? I'm not sure how you can make a statement about Tauscher's proclivity to injury without having access to his personal medical folder with the Packers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(OK, Maybe I'm being too confrontational!)

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Stop being so sensitive, Patler.

:D

My evidence is Tauscher's career...the guy hasn't relied on great athleticism to succeed, so he should be able to practice solid fundamentals effectively into his mid 30s.

Patler
08-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Stop being so sensitive, Patler.

:D

My evidence is Tauscher's career...the guy hasn't relied on great athleticism to succeed, so he should be able to practice solid fundamentals effectively into his mid 30s.

Actually, I was referring to your comment that he would likely miss more time due to injury, not that he would continue to be effective. Pay attention, Leaper! :) :lol:

But, all kidding aside now, the article was very interesting to me in referencing his weight loss, and possible further emphasis on conditioning. This is likely a good thing considering the few leg problems he has had in the past. Some tackles are able to play very effectively into their mid-30s. Tauscher doesn't seem to have any chronic injury problems, so hopefully he can keeping plugging away through another 3-4 year contract with the Packers.

bobblehead
08-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree, we have every reason to give him a new 4 year deal right now locking up til he is 35, use some of our cap space now, he has earned it.

As far as weight loss and conditioning, that might have been something he felt he needed for the ZBS and cut blocking...as long as he isn't sacrificing any pass protection against a bull rusher.

Finally, what howard hilited is indeed telling. I think this proves that not "everyone" in the packers locker room would welcome brett back.

boiga
08-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Finally, what howard hilited is indeed telling. I think this proves that not "everyone" in the packers locker room would welcome brett back.I think everyone would welcome him back, but just not in the same role as before. He's lost a lot of respect in the locker room from the likes of Kampman and Hawk over his action this off season. He'd still be their team mate, but he's lost the aura of omnipotent team leader.