Sparkey
08-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Favre to Jets for 2nd & 4th rnd picks

boiga
08-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Source?

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Favre to Jets for 2nd & 4th rnd picksSold. We'll even throw in a bag of footballs and a towel boy to be named later.

Sparkey
08-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Source?

Green Bay radio station report relayed to me by one of our over the road salespeople.

Fritz
08-05-2008, 10:14 AM
So many rumors, so little time.

I hope it's true.

I've wondered if Favre's ego would be intrigued by the possibility of playing in the biggest sports city in the country.

And the Jets did bring in a boatload of fairly free agents - GM Favre's favorite way to build a team.

Go Brett Go!

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 10:15 AM

I hope it's true.

I've wondered if Favre's ego would be intrigued by the possibility of playing in the biggest sports city in the country.

And the Jets did bring in a boatload of fairly free agents - GM Favre's favorite way to build a team.

Go Brett Go!I don't know. If he pulls these stunts in New York , the media there won't be as favorable to him as the Wisconsin media is.

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't think Favre has any desire to play with the Jets.

If the Packers trade him there, he'll retire (again) IMO.

hoosier
08-05-2008, 10:39 AM

I hope it's true.

Go Brett Go!I don't know. If he pulls these stunts in New York , the media there won't be as favorable to him as the Wisconsin media is.

I don't know about that. William Rhoden, a sportswriter for the NYT, recently wrote an article bashing GB management for its handling of the Favre situation. That might just be Rhoden's laziness--he seemed to latch onto the ESPN view of things without much thinking of his own--but I'm guessing the NY media would have a love fest over Favre. It might not last long, though, especially if he reverts to throwing interceptions like he was a couple of years ago.

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I've seen plenty of articles written by local sportswriters critical of GB. The local guy here in Columbus just wrote one that was critical of GB that was published this morning.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 10:43 AM

I hope it's true.

I don't know about that. William Rhoden, a sportswriter for the NYT, recently wrote an article bashing GB management for its handling of the Favre situation. That might just be Rhoden's laziness--he seemed to latch onto the ESPN view of things without much thinking of his own--but I'm guessing the NY media would have a love fest over Favre. It might not last long, though, especially if he reverts to throwing interceptions like he was a couple of years ago.Shouldn't be suprised. After all, Rhoden does do commentary work for ESPN.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I've seen plenty of articles written by local sportswriters critical of GB. The local guy here in Columbus just wrote one that was critical of GB that was published this morning.Not in the Milwaukee Urinal Garbage. Threre was one article showing TT's side. Everything else was pro Favre. Then there was the hit piece from their "former" journalist Cliff Christl. The only outlet more one sided then the MJS was FavreSPN.

Sparkey
08-07-2008, 08:38 AM

Ahem. He Will ? :lol:

Maxie the Taxi
08-07-2008, 08:41 AM

Ahem. He Will ? :lol:

We'll know for sure in a couple of months when Favre announces his decision.