Very interesting read.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Favre really is a piece of trash.

digitaldean
08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Latest from ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3520064

I don't know what Favre expects re: a release. If the Packers aren't going to allow trade talks to NFC North teams, do you think they'll release him so he can run to Minny?

Also, it's kind of convenient, that ol' Brett mentions all the hurtful things done, but fails to mention that he threw the HC and GM under the bus regarding player/personnel decisions as well as the whining about Mooch thing.

Favre can be as sensitive as he wants, but he better stop the selective memory crap.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Latest from ESPN

I don't know what Favre expects re: a release. If the Packers aren't going to allow trade talks to NFC North teams, do you think they'll release him so he can run to Minny?

Also, it's kind of convenient, that ol' Brett mentions all the hurtful things done, but fails to mention that he threw the HC and GM under the bus regarding player/personnel decisions as well as the whining about Mooch thing.

Favre can be as sensitive as he wants, but he better stop the selective memory crap.Not to mention he just threw A-Rod under the bus.

Chevelle2
08-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Latest from ESPN

Favre can be as sensitive as he wants, but he better stop the selective memory crap.Not to mention he just threw A-Rod under the bus.

Yup....

"I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be"

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
That Wendy Nix is as cute as a button.

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 12:17 PM
What doesn't Brett understand that we don't have to trade him to the team he wants to? What's wrong with the Bucs? What's wrong with the Jets? Both of them have playoff aspirations, the Bucs' being more likely.

It's like a child at a grocery store whose mom doesn't allow him to buy the candy.

Favre is now sprawled out on the floor, flailing his legs and throwing his fists. And everybody is watching Favre's tantrum.

cpk1994
That Wendy Nix is as cute as a button.But she pales in comparison to Erin Andrews.

GoPackGo
Not to mention he just threw A-Rod under the bus.

No he didn't. He said what everyone already knows. Under what scenario could Rodgers beat Favre in a position battle?

RashanGary
08-05-2008, 12:18 PM
The longer this drags out the harder it's going to be for Favre to latch on and play well right away somewhere else. I understand he wants to play for the Vikes, but if he doesn't come to his senses within a couple weeks he's going to have a hard time getting a decent paycheck and commitment from anyone.

The Packers have decided they want to move forward. It's a very ugly and sticky situaiton becasue Brett really just wanted to skip OTA's and minicamps and now he's pissed off that McCarthy wants guys who are commited to the whole program, not just part of it. The Packers have made a fwe mistakes but they're playing the cards they are dealt in this tantrum pretty well. I expect a good outcome for GB where Rodgers kicks ass and everyone has a great season but in the mean time, the Packers have to deal with a very angry Favre who refuses to look in the mirror at what he did to get himself where he is at. He always likes to point fingers and with that we have a lost cause.

BallHawk

No he didn't. He said what everyone already knows. Under what scenario could Rodgers beat Favre in a position battle?

If Favre came in rusty.

boiga
Favre really is a piece of trash. Huh? This is the first redeeming bit that has come out of Favre's mouth this entire off season.

He's agreeing that an open competition is a bad idea. He's right. He's willing to cede that M3's point of view is relevant, which is also right. And he's willing to work with the team to deal with the issue, good for him.

Admittedly his new complaints over the Packers actions are somewhat confusing because he is blaming them for media rumors that they did not start. But I can see why scapegoating Ted for the media makes life easier for him.

BallHawk
That Wendy Nix is as cute as a button.But she pales in comparison to Erin Andrews.

Who doesn't?

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 12:19 PM

No he didn't. He said what everyone already knows. Under what scenario could Rodgers beat Favre in a position battle?That is the point of arrogance to think that Favre would win hands down. An arrogance that only a Favre sychophant would share with his idol. He just gave A-Rod bulletin board matieral.

MadtownPacker
08-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Favre really is a piece of trash.You must be a piece of trash as well because he is basically agreeing with you by saying he does not belong on the team.

You can pop the cork now, you are gonna get what you wanted.

Man I hope a wildcard game is at least possible this season. :(

LL2
I'm to the point that they should just release him. Get it over with. I hope he fails then and the public will then view Favre differently and say he ruined his own legacy.

cpk1994
Favre really is a piece of trash. Huh? This is the first redeeming bit that has come out of Favre's mouth this entire off season.

He's agreeing that an open competition is a bad idea. He's right. He's willing to cede that M3's point of view is relevant, which is also right. And he's willing to work with the team to deal with the issue, good for him.

Admittedly his new complaints over the Packers actions are somewhat confusing because he is blaming them for media rumors that they did not start. But I can see why scapegoating Ted for the media makes life easier for him.Thats why he is trash. He continues to throw management under the bus. Now he has added A-Rod to the list with his arrogance.

GoPackGo
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM

If Favre came in rusty.

The offense always starts off rusty because of timing issues. How can you measure that? If Rodgers completes a couple more passes in a preseason game? Thats not enough to convince everyone Rodgers is better than Favre.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't think we're going to get a press conference before practice today as promised. Practice is already in 90 mins and nothing yet.

GoPackGo
08-05-2008, 12:23 PM

No he didn't. He said what everyone already knows. Under what scenario could Rodgers beat Favre in a position battle?That is the point of arrogance to think that Favre would win hands down. An arrogance that only a Favre sychophant would share with his idol. He just gave A-Rod bulletin board matieral.

Favre's a living legend, but he's not my hero. I'll ask you again.
Under what scenario could Rodgers beat Favre in a position battle?

RashanGary
This was a practice. I've been at several and he's been very sharp in the others. He had an off day. Recievers dropped balls. Rodgers will show what he's made of. Sunday night was not what I watched the other days I was at practice.

cpk1994

If Favre came in rusty.

The offense always starts off rusty because of timing issues. How can you measure that? If Rodgers completes a couple more passes in a preseason game? Thats not enough to convince everyone Rodgers is better than Favre.The only one hwos opinion that counts is Mike McCarthy's. As long as ROdgers doesn't do anything stupid, Favre's SOL.

boiga
08-05-2008, 12:24 PM
The offense always starts off rusty because of timing issues. How can you measure that? If Rodgers completes a couple more passes in a preseason game? Thats not enough to convince everyone Rodgers is better than Favre.

It would be impossible to convince people that Rodgers is better than Favre. That's why a competition never made sense. M3 convinced Favre of this. Good.

For the record, McCarthy has now become my favorite Packer coach since Lombardi. He's got balls and can get crap done.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 12:24 PM

Like Arod needs bulletin board material. I think he's plenty motivated at this point and should of been all along.

MadtownPacker
08-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I dont see him throwing ARod under the bus. Is he suppose to say "yeah I suck and the kid will whip my ass"?

I actually think he is referring to the "open" competition being BS.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 12:26 PM
This was a practice. I've been at several and he's been very sharp in the others. He had an off day. Recievers dropped balls. Rodgers will show what he's made of. Sunday night was not what I watched the other days I was at practice.I cut A-Rod a little slack for the delay and wet conditions, more becuase of the delay and less for the conditions. Also add in the Favre factor.

Partial
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM

For what? Man, you have no idea what the truth is and you're making judgements. You know what happens when you assume right? I'd say their is only one piece of trash.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I dont see him throwing ARod under the bus. Is he suppose to say "yeah I suck and the kid will whip my ass"?

I actually think he is referring to the "open" competition being BS.How about just saying "I asked about an open competition to have a shot to get my job back and they said no". THere was no need for the uncalled for pot shot at Aaron.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 12:28 PM

Maybe he doesn't think he'll get a fair shot. If they don't want him anyway, can the competition actually be fair? It looks like Brett wants to be annoited the starter and he's not going to accept anything else other than a trade to Minny.

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Disturbing to me is the fact Favre has learned nothing; he is still shooting his mouth off when he should be quiet.
Distraction to the team?
Please!

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM

For what? Man, you have no idea what the truth is and you're making judgements. You know what happens when you assume right? I'd say their is only one piece of trash. These are Favre's direct quotes. Are you calling your Lord Favre a liar? Say it ain't so! :shock:

imscott72
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
This was a practice. I've been at several and he's been very sharp in the others. He had an off day. Recievers dropped balls. Rodgers will show what he's made of. Sunday night was not what I watched the other days I was at practice.I cut A-Rod a little slack for the delay and wet conditions

Yeah because those conditions would never happen again right? :roll: He better get used to them. I'm not judging Aaron after that scrimmage either, but I would hope the conditions were NOT a problem for him or it could be a long, long year.

boiga
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM

I actually think he is referring to the "open" competition being BS. True. Favre thinking that he is better than Rodgers isn't exactly a surprise. Rodger's will deal with it. It's not like anything could add more pressure at this point than was already there.

I'm still confused why he blames the Packers for the "paying him not to play" story line when they kept their mouths shut during the whole process and the leaks of pay not to play came from "sources close to Favre."

But like I said, it's better for him to blame Ted than those among his family and friends who have been living it up this off season with all the media attention.

MadtownPacker
08-05-2008, 12:31 PM

I actually think he is referring to the "open" competition being BS.How about just saying "I asked about an open competition to have a shot to get my job back and they said no". THere was no need for the uncalled for pot shot at Aaron.The shot isnt at Rodger maricon. It is at the idea that a fair competition would actually occur. Guess you could say it was a shot at M3.

HowardRoark
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
What's wrong with the Bucs? What's wrong with the Jets? Both of them have playoff aspirations, the Bucs' being more likely.

Favre needs to be coddled. I think he is emotionally fragile.

MadtownPacker

Maybe he doesn't think he'll get a fair shot. If they don't want him anyway, can the competition actually be fair? It looks like Brett wants to be annoited the starter and he's not going to accept anything else other than a trade to Minny.Thats what it sounds like to me.

cpk1994
This was a practice. I've been at several and he's been very sharp in the others. He had an off day. Recievers dropped balls. Rodgers will show what he's made of. Sunday night was not what I watched the other days I was at practice.I cut A-Rod a little slack for the delay and wet conditions

Yeah because those conditions would never happen again right? :roll: He better get used to them. I'm not judging Aaron after that scrimmage either, but I would hope the conditions were NOT a problem for him or it could be a long, long year.YOu might want to include the rest of the post. I said mostly for the delay as he had to sit around longer than anticipated, which can make an already antsy QB, becuase of Favre, even worse off. I said a little bit for the conditions.

LP
08-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Is it just me, or is it rather hypocritical for Favre to question the Packer's commitment.

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm still confused why he blames the Packers for the "paying him not to play" story line when they kept their mouths shut during the whole process and the leaks of pay not to play came from "sources close to Favre."

The Packers DID try to buy Favre off.

The reports I've seen suggest the price continued to go up. Initially (back in March) it was $10M...then it went to $20M and reports even stated it was as high as $25M.

The Packers conveniently tried to brush this off as something that has been in the works since March...but if they have been upping the price ever since in an effort to get Favre to retire, how is that not a bribe?

I personally think Favre is absolutely 100% correct about the Packers trying to pay him off. It was the one way they could get out of this mess without sustaining PR damage or fan basklash.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Is it just me, or is it rather hypocritical for Favre to question the Packer's commitment.

It is hypocritical yes, but like I said earlier, I think he's feeling MM said "yeah we'll have an open competition, wink, wink". In other words Brett doesn't get the feeling from MM that he has a shot to win the job at all so he'd like to move on to somewhere where they definitely want him to be their starting QB.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 12:37 PM

The reports I've seen suggest the price continued to go up. Initially (back in March) it was $10M...then it went to $20M and reports even stated it was as high as $25M.

The Packers conveniently tried to brush this off as something that has been in the works since March...but if they have been upping the price ever since in an effort to get Favre to retire, how is that not a bribe?

I personally think Favre is absolutely 100% correct about the Packers trying to pay him off. It was the one way they could get out of this mess without sustaining PR damage or fan basklash.Kind of funny that you claim reports that paint management in a bad light are 100% fact and info painting Favre in a bad light is 100% BS.

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 12:37 PM
It was the one way they could get out of this mess without sustaining PR damage or fan basklash.

That's not exactly correct. They already have, and would have continued to sustain plenty of PR damage and fan backlash for this had Favre taken them up on it.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 12:39 PM

I personally think Favre is absolutely 100% correct about the Packers trying to pay him off. It was the one way they could get out of this mess without sustaining PR damage or fan basklash.Kind of funny that you claim reports that paint management in a bad light are 100% fact and info painting Favre in a bad light is 100% BS.

And you're exactly the opposite due to your blinding hate for Favre.

The Shadow

I personally think Favre is absolutely 100% correct about the Packers trying to pay him off. It was the one way they could get out of this mess without sustaining PR damage or fan basklash.

Or maybe they just want hin to go away and were willing to give him a lollipop to disappear.

BallHawk

Favre's messed up. He doesn't see things rationally like normal people do.

Welcome to the forum. :D

boiga
08-05-2008, 12:41 PM

I personally think Favre is absolutely 100% correct about the Packers trying to pay him off. It was the one way they could get out of this mess without sustaining PR damage or fan basklash.Sigh.. I haven't seen anything directly confirming this because we're going to have to pay Favre for his media rights eventually anyways. I'm also not sure if Favre was pissed that they tried to buy him off, or that the media thought they were trying to buy him off when they really weren't.

If that is the case though, Murphy ought to have a short tenure as team president. Throughout this process, I've felt that Ted was inept at dealing with the emotional needs of a prima donna athlete and if he really tried to buy him off, Murphy comes out as a tool.

McCarthy comes out smelling like roses though. He's the true leader of this operation it seems.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 12:42 PM

And you're exactly the opposite due to your blinding hate for Favre.Not really seeing as how I have blasted management more than any Favre apologist will ever bash Lord Favre in the last two days.

Patler
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM

I fail to see how it constitutes a "bribe" or "buying him off". They presented an alternative that would allow him to remain connected to football, the Packers and the NFL. It was simply an alternative. I'm not sure why it has to have a negative connotation to it.

What alternatives has Favre presented other than:
1. release him
2. release him
3. release him
4. (maybe) reinstate him as the starter.

Scott Campbell

Or maybe they just want hin to go away and were willing to give him a lollipop to disappear.

Without knowing for sure the exact motivation of the organization, I personally believe the money was for A) licensing, as stated B) to protect Favre's legacy from Brett himself.

Characterizing it as a bribe seems to me an extreme stretch.

MadtownPacker
Or maybe they just want hin to go away and were willing to give him a lollipop to disappear.You just described a bribe old timer.

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Or maybe they just want hin to go away and were willing to give him a lollipop to disappear.You just described a bribe old timer.

Absolutely! I do think it was bribe - to allow him to save face.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 12:45 PM

I fail to see how it constitutes a "bribe" or "buying him off". They presented an alternative that would allow him to remain connected to football, the Packers and the NFL. It was simply an alternative. I'm not sure why it has to have a negative connotation to it.

1. release him
2. release him
3. release him
you forgot:

5. Trade to Vikings.

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Kind of funny that you claim reports that paint management in a bad light are 100% fact and info painting Favre in a bad light is 100% BS.

This is not true at all.

Unlike you, I've admitted to seeing logic in management's side of the equation...even if I disagree with them. I've pointed out that Favre has acted like a dumbass numerous times. My viewpoint has always been that both sides share in this debacle far more than most on here try to let on.

The one closest to being a 100% apologist on here is you.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 12:48 PM

1. release him
2. release him
3. release him

Because of the timing. They just happen to reiterate the offer just about the time he was due to file for reinstatement and show up to camp. It's not like they made the offer again two months ago.

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM

I'm not saying it is negative, Patler. Does a bribe always have to be negative? Coupons are a bribe...and they are positive.

Patler
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Because of the timing. They just happen to reiterate the offer just about the time he was due to file for reinstatement and show up to camp. It's not like they made the offer again two months ago.

Murphy said he wanted to emphasize to Favre that regardless of what happens in the immediate future, it was a relationship the Packers still want when he is retired. From that perspective it was an olive branch to repair bad feelings. They also claim its been discussed off and on since March, not simply presented in March and dropped until a week ago. Of course, we don't know for certain who to believe.

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 12:55 PM

I'm not saying it is negative, Patler. Does a bribe always have to be negative? Coupons are a bribe...and they are positive.

Coupons aren't a bribe, they're a discount.

PackerTimer
08-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Disturbing to me is the fact Favre has learned nothing; he is still shooting his mouth off when he should be quiet.
Distraction to the team?
Please!

I completely agree. It has become apparent to me that Favre cares nothing for this team. Actions speak louder than words and he contradicts himself with his actions. He says all of the right things about not wanting to distract the team but then turns aournd and runs to his ESPN buddies to create a distraction. Him shooting off his mouth and leaking the details of a private meeting is a distraction. He just does not get it.

FritzDontBlitz
08-05-2008, 01:17 PM
So, who do you guys think TT will choose with the #1 overall pick in next year's draft?

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 01:18 PM
He says all of the right things about not wanting to distract the team but then turns aournd and runs to his ESPN buddies to create a distraction.

I'm guessing Favre isn't the one running.

The media is a major factor in this saga...and not at all a positive one for either side. The media's thirst for information contributes to plenty of rumors and speculation...often created by the media when they have nothing substantive to report.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 01:19 PM
So, who do you guys think TT will choose with the #1 overall pick in next year's draft?You mean the #32 pick.

Packgator
08-05-2008, 01:21 PM
So, who do you guys think TT will choose with the #1 overall pick in next year's draft?

Was Favre traded to the Dolphins? Or the Falcons?

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
He says all of the right things about not wanting to distract the team but then turns aournd and runs to his ESPN buddies to create a distraction.

I'm guessing Favre isn't the one running.

The media is a major factor in this saga...and not at all a positive one for either side. The media's thirst for information contributes to plenty of rumors and speculation...often created by the media when they have nothing substantive to report.I call BS. ESPN has been blowing smoke up Favre's ass and have been propping him up to be the victim without a hint of giving the Packers side of the story. ITs the most one sided piece of journalism I have ever seen. ITs been nothing but hit piece after hit piece on TT by Gene W. Mort and their cronies. FavreSPN has never been a more appropriate name for that pathetic organization than right now.

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I call BS.

How is what I said BS? Your rant had absolutely nothing to do with my comment.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 01:43 PM
I call BS.

How is what I said BS? Your rant had absolutely nothing to do with my comment.You claimed the media was nothing positive for either side. I told you BS becuase ESPN has been sucking up to Favre so hard people hit there heads on the TV because of the suction. They are not the only ones to give Favre a free pass.

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
NFLN just saw Brett drive off.

packers11
08-05-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Brett Favre leaves Lambeau Field

1:40 p.m.

Brett Favre officially left the building at 1:37 p.m. He was talking with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols at his car for a few minutes and hugged team security official Jerry Parins.

Favre was wearing a white shirt and gray shorts. He did not acknowledge either the throng of media or the fans waiting near the loading dock.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 01:48 PM
i think thats good bye

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 01:48 PM
What doesn't Brett understand that we don't have to trade him to the team he wants to? What's wrong with the Bucs? What's wrong with the Jets? Both of them have playoff aspirations, the Bucs' being more likely.

It's like a child at a grocery store whose mom doesn't allow him to buy the candy.

perfect analogy

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Favre is going to have a family meeting with TT... looks like he is going to be traded according to Wendy Nix

Noodle
08-05-2008, 01:53 PM
This article made me feel pretty good about Favre, which I haven't done in a long while. He sounds reasonable, and I don't know how people are reading this as badmouthing A-Rod. He says he understands why A-Rod's the starter now, he's not bitching about that, and Favre of course thinks he'd win an open competition, which anyone with a football brain would know is true.

At bottom, Favre wants to play with someone else, and he'd like to say who that someone else is. Favre is a 16-year vet. Why do people react so violently about the idea of a 16-year employee, in a field where the average tenure is about 5-6 years, having a say in where he'll work next? Each and every one of us would like the same courtesy, and most of us don't have 3 MVP awards on the mantel (I was employee of the month once, but that's about it).

And so what if it's the Queens? Honestly, so friggin what. Are we such pussies that we're afraid ol' man Favre'll whip our ass? Screw that. Let him go there, with the blessing. Just make sure he buckles his chinstrap come Monday night.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 01:53 PM

possibly this is what he meant. But did Rodgers get an "open competition" last year when Favre was the starter? Hell no.

The tables are reversed now, Favre is the backup.

Honestly, he would very likely get back to the starter position anyway. Maybe 50-50.

Favre's ego requires that he be the starter on MN or GB, he only wants to play if he is the hero on a SB contender. He is entitled to set whatever terms he wants for his return, but nobody should feel sorry for him.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 01:56 PM

possibly this is what he meant. But did Rodgers get an "open competition" last year when Favre was the starter? Hell no.

The tables are reversed now, Favre is the backup.

Honestly, he would very likely get back to the starter position anyway. Maybe 50-50.

Favre's ego requires that he be the starter on MN or GB, he only wants to play if he is the hero on a SB contender. He is entitled to set whatever terms he wants for his return, but nobody should feel sorry for him.INdeed. He has the right to set his terms for return. THe Packers have the right to tell him "Gent bent".

Scott Campbell
Why do people react so violently about the idea of a 16-year employee, in a field where the average tenure is about 5-6 years, having a say in where he'll work next?

Because he took a ton of money from our team in exchange for giving up that say.

Harlan Huckleby
NFLN just saw Brett drive off.

are the helicopters following him in his Ford Bronco?

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Favre of course thinks he'd win an open competition, which anyone with a football brain would know is true.

Bob McGinn doesn't think so. Mike McCarthy doesn't think so. At least a few peope with football brains think Rodgers is better for the team.

HarveyWallbangers
At bottom, Favre wants to play with someone else, and he'd like to say who that someone else is. Favre is a 16-year vet. Why do people react so violently about the idea of a 16-year employee, in a field where the average tenure is about 5-6 years, having a say in where he'll work next?

He does have a say. The Packers would probably be willing to trade him to 29 of the other 31 teams in the NFL. Companies do have non-compete rules, so comparing him to the real world is not a good example.

BTW, I agree that he sounded more conciliatory in this interview. Hopefully, he agrees to a trade to a team besides Minnesota or Chicago, and then I can forgive him.
:D

Scott Campbell
Favre was wearing a white shirt and gray shorts.

Hmmmmmmm. Very interesting. What kind of shoes was he wearing?

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 02:02 PM
This article made me feel pretty good about Favre, which I haven't done in a long while. He sounds reasonable, and I don't know how people are reading this as badmouthing A-Rod. He says he understands why A-Rod's the starter now, he's not bitching about that, and Favre of course thinks he'd win an open competition, which anyone with a football brain would know is true.

At bottom, Favre wants to play with someone else, and he'd like to say who that someone else is. Favre is a 16-year vet. Why do people react so violently about the idea of a 16-year employee, in a field where the average tenure is about 5-6 years, having a say in where he'll work next? Each and every one of us would like the same courtesy, and most of us don't have 3 MVP awards on the mantel (I was employee of the month once, but that's about it).
And so what if it's the Queens? Honestly, so friggin what. Are we such pussies that we're afraid ol' man Favre'll whip our ass? Screw that. Let him go there, with the blessing. Just make sure he buckles his chinstrap come Monday night.Heres the problem with that. I agree with you that they should trade him to Minnesota and be done with it, but if TT does that, the PR hit would be gimnormus not to mention its bad business. You never improve your rival at your own expense. One of the Packers goals is to win the division. Winning the division can help you tremendously interms of home field, possible bye in achieving the ultiimate goal, the super bowl. Do you think it would be easier for the Packers to win the divsion if Jackson is leading the Vikes or Favre? Anyone with a brain knowsthe answer to that one.

Packgator
08-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Favre was wearing a white shirt and gray shorts.

Hmmmmmmm. Very interesting. What kind of shoes was he wearing?

Boxers or Jockeys?

All very important information. The grey shorts must imply the type of mood was in this morning. But....the white shirt shows a happy mood. Looks like another dead-end clue. Darn.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Ya I never understand why they mention what he's wearing

packers11
08-05-2008, 02:03 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/ic/blogs/insider/uploaded_images/gwnbk-5l798be1l9e7aby8dku_original-785151.jpg

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 02:04 PM
he was sayin goodbye..

he's gone....

the best thing many of us will ever have in sports.... gone

fuckin horshit

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 02:05 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/ic/blogs/insider/uploaded_images/gwnbk-5l798be1l9e7aby8dku_original-785151.jpg

this looks like the last scene from "Grumpy Old Men II"

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Favre of course thinks he'd win an open competition, which anyone with a football brain would know is true.

Bob McGinn doesn't think so. Mike McCarthy doesn't think so. At least a few peope with football brains think Rodgers is better for the team.McGinn(Silverstein too) are the only Journal writers that I respect. McGinn was the first writer to realize that Sherman was coddling Favre too much and called him on it. It was kind of funny that all the people that jumped down McGinn throat for that article were saying the exact same things in why they wer glad Sherman was fired.

arcilite
08-05-2008, 02:06 PM
he was sayin goodbye..

he's gone....

fuckin horshit

he was gone 5 months ago too.

packers11
08-05-2008, 02:06 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Brett Favre has left Packers camp for the day and is expected to meet with his family and general manager Ted Thompson.

He obviously won't be practicing Tuesday. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported Monday that the Packers and Bucs were still talking about a Favre trade and a meeting with Thompson seemingly suggests that Favre could discussing a potential deal.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Noodle
08-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Why do people react so violently about the idea of a 16-year employee, in a field where the average tenure is about 5-6 years, having a say in where he'll work next?

Because he took a ton of money from our team in exchange for giving up that say.

Yeah, I get this, but isn't he saying that GB can put the $12 mil back in the bank so that he can go where he wants? How is that a screw job?

Especially when the Pack doesn't want to keep him. If the door is what both want, why be outraged that Favre wants to say where he wants to go? I'm not saying at this point just release him, but if Favre says I want to go to the Queens, then why not do it?

The Shadow
www.rotoworld.com

Brett Favre has left Packers camp for the day and is expected to meet with his family and general manager Ted Thompson.

He obviously won't be practicing Tuesday. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported Monday that the Packers and Bucs were still talking about a Favre trade and a meeting with Thompson seemingly suggests that Favre could discussing a potential deal.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

"Oh, Yoko!"

cpk1994
he was sayin goodbye..

he's gone....

fuckin horshitYou and him can now go off in the corner and have your circlejer.. I mean pity par.. I mean long emotional hug.

Pacopete4
he was sayin goodbye..

he's gone....

fuckin horshit

but we have him back... right now... and we're missin the boat, badly
its gonna be a real sad season if this doesn't pan out no matter how favre plays for another team... we know what we had, we had the best QB situation in sports history and we blew it... thanks TT

Scott Campbell
he was sayin goodbye..

he's gone....

fuckin horshit

Do you need a hanky?

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 02:08 PM
he was sayin goodbye..

he's gone....

fuckin horshit

Do you need a hanky?

We all will after this season...

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 02:09 PM
he was sayin goodbye..

he's gone....

fuckin horshit

Thank God and Greyhound, you're gone
I didn't know how much longer I could go on
Watchin' you take the respect out of me
Watchin' you make a total wreck out of me
That big diesel motor is a-playin my song
Thank God and Greyhound, you're gone.

Thank God and Greyhound, you're gone
That load on my mind got lighter when you got on
That shiny old bus is a beautiful sight
With the black smoke a-rollin' up around the tail light
It may sound kinda cruel but I've been silent too long
Thank God and Greyhound, you're gone.

TAG: Thank God and Greyhound, you're gone.

arcilite
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
he was sayin goodbye..

he's gone....

fuckin horshit

its gonna be a real sad season if this doesn't pan out no matter how favre plays for another team... we know what we had, we had the best QB situation in sports history and we blew it... thanks TT

You mean a 39 year old grey haired QB?

Even if Rodgers does not perform as well as FAvre last year, he still is very important for the long term success.

1 step backward, 2 forward sometimes.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Ding Dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead! the witch is dead!

Ding Dong, the wicked witch is dead!

Pacopete4
he was sayin goodbye..

he's gone....

fuckin horshit

You mean a 39 year old grey haired QB?

Even if Rodgers does not perform as well as FAvre last year, he still is very important for the long term success.

1 step backward, 2 forward sometimes.

that only works if he becomes a good QB... how many do we have in this league again?... oh, not that many... the percentages are a lot higher that he fails... glad we threw away at least one, possible more than that of years where Favre could have played on this very talented team

boiga
he's gone....

Yup. Well, that's that then.

So with our long snapper situation resolved, who do you guys like for starting O-line? There is a practice today, right?

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
he's gone....

So with our long snapper situation resolved, who do you guys like for starting O-line? There is a practice today, right?

I have high hopes for Barbre and Sitton.
What about you?

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I would have thought the unlikely 13-3 season of a year ago would have taught a lesson to the Chicken Little posters out there. There's a reason they play the games.

boiga
08-05-2008, 02:20 PM
he's gone....

I have high hopes for Barbre and Sitton.
What about you?I like Barbre too, although Colledge seems to have beefed up a lot this off season and may no longer be a liability.

My hope is that Colledge starts taking reps at left tackle so that we can have a reliable backup should Clifton's knees ever give out. Sitton's looking good too. He seems a perfect back up because he has experience at each of the guard positions and right tackle.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 02:21 PM
it is too hard to evaluate the guards from a distance. Its just good to know they have lots of competition.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 02:22 PM

And so what if it's the Queens? Honestly, so friggin what. Are we such pussies that we're afraid ol' man Favre'll whip our ass? Screw that. Let him go there, with the blessing. Just make sure he buckles his chinstrap come Monday night.Heres the problem with that. I agree with you that they should trade him to Minnesota and be done with it, but if TT does that, the PR hit would be gimnormus not to mention its bad business. You never improve your rival at your own expense. One of the Packers goals is to win the division. Winning the division can help you tremendously interms of home field, possible bye in achieving the ultiimate goal, the super bowl. Do you think it would be easier for the Packers to win the divsion if Jackson is leading the Vikes or Favre? Anyone with a brain knowsthe answer to that
one.

Interesting. Sunday you were on here proclaiming that you were done with him and they should go ahead and trade him to Minny...

Merlin
08-05-2008, 02:23 PM
The only question that needs answered is:

Who gives the Green Bay Packers the best chance to go to the Super Bowl in the 2008 Season?

It is that cut and dried. Favre and the management can work on their relationship on the side if need be. All of this posturing by the management has looked ridiculous and totally the opposite of what the end goal of the franchise should be every season: To win the Super Bowl.

Once you get past all of the bullshit, once you realize that Rodgers hasn't looked all that great in training camp, you need to do what is best for the team. That isn't letting Favre go, trading him, or paying him off. It's getting his ass on the field to make sure he still has it so you can move forward this season. The Packers would do well to just STOP all of the bullshit. If it is believed that it will be a media circus, CLOSE THE PRACTICE, they do it ALL the time.

It's time to get past this, the season starts soon and all the Packers are doing is wasting time hoping Favre goes away when they should concerned about fielding the best team possible to make a run at the Super Bowl. anything less is unacceptable.

cpk1994

And so what if it's the Queens? Honestly, so friggin what. Are we such pussies that we're afraid ol' man Favre'll whip our ass? Screw that. Let him go there, with the blessing. Just make sure he buckles his chinstrap come Monday night.Heres the problem with that. I agree with you that they should trade him to Minnesota and be done with it, but if TT does that, the PR hit would be gimnormus not to mention its bad business. You never improve your rival at your own expense. One of the Packers goals is to win the division. Winning the division can help you tremendously interms of home field, possible bye in achieving the ultiimate goal, the super bowl. Do you think it would be easier for the Packers to win the divsion if Jackson is leading the Vikes or Favre? Anyone with a brain knowsthe answer to that
one.

Interesting. Sunday you were on here proclaiming that you were done with him and they should go ahead and trade him to Minny...Read the part I bolded in my post genius! I hope your foot tastes good cause you just ate it.

packers11
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Practice begins without Favre

Chants of “We want Brett” are heard by the offense as they go through initial drills at Clarke Hinkle Field.

Brett Favre, however, is not here, having driven away from the stadium about 1:30 p.m. today. Neither is coach Mike McCarthy, who was believed to be meeting with Favre throughout the morning. Quarterbacks coach Tom Clements is filling in for McCarthy, bringing in plays to the offense.

2:10 p.m.

Players were smiling and laughing as the Favre chants began after warm-ups, but the chants were intermittent at best.

New additions not dressed for practice: defensive tackle Johnny Jolly and tight end Tory Humphrey who missed practice last week but was back for Family Night scrimmage. Also out are receiver Jake Allen (groin), center Scott Wells (back), Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (knee), defensive tackle Ryan Pickett (hamstring) and defensive tackle Justin Harrell (back). Running back DeShawn Wynn (concussion) is back in pads.

So is starting running back Ryan Grant, who missed the first week while waiting for a contract.

That means Favre is the only player on the roster not in attendance.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 02:24 PM

Who gives the Green Bay Packers the best chance to go to the Super Bowl in the 2008 Season?

It is that cut and dried. Favre and the management can work on their relationship on the side if need be. All of this posturing by the management has looked ridiculous and totally the opposite of what the end goal of the franchise should be every season: To win the Super Bowl.

Once you get past all of the bullshit, once you realize that Rodgers hasn't looked all that great in training camp, you need to do what is best for the team. That isn't letting Favre go, trading him, or paying him off. It's getting his ass on the field to make sure he still has it so you can move forward this season. The Packers would do well to just STOP all of the bullshit. If it is believed that it will be a media circus, CLOSE THE PRACTICE, they do it ALL the time.

It's time to get past this, the season starts soon and all the Packers are doing is wasting time hoping Favre goes away when they should concerned about fielding the best team possible to make a run at the Super Bowl. anything less is unacceptable.

BINGO MERLIN!!!!

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 02:26 PM

It's time to get past this, the season starts soon and all the Packers are doing is wasting time hoping Favre goes away when they should concerned about fielding the best team possible to make a run at the Super Bowl. anything less is unacceptable.Hey, why don't you get off Favre's cock and tell him to knock off all his bullshit?

imscott72
08-05-2008, 02:26 PM

one.

Interesting. Sunday you were on here proclaiming that you were done with him and they should go ahead and trade him to Minny...Read the part I bolded in my post genius! I hope your foot tastes good cause you just ate it.

Yeah I missed that, but why are such a little asshole? Your "I hate Favre and fuck everyone else that doesn't" schtick is old.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 02:27 PM

It's time to get past this, the season starts soon and all the Packers are doing is wasting time hoping Favre goes away when they should concerned about fielding the best team possible to make a run at the Super Bowl. anything less is unacceptable.Hey, why don't you get off Favre's cock and tell him to knock off all his bullshit?

Why don't you get off the Packers cock and tell them to knock off all the bullshit?

IT GOES BOTH WAYS... IF WE HAVEN'T LEARNED THAT BY NOW... THAN WE HAVEN'T LEARNED ANYTHING FROM THIS WHOLE SITUATION

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 02:27 PM

He'll trade it away, undoubtedly, but it's a moot issue because there's no way this team finishes the season with 3 or less wins. Distraction or no distraction, Favre or no Favre, this team finishes at .500 or better. There is far too much talent on this team for them not to. Thier coach is far too good a coach for them not to.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 02:29 PM

Why don't you shut your f'ing piehole and quit attacking people on here just because they want the best QB on the field for week one? Grow the fuck up..

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 02:30 PM

He'll trade it away, undoubtedly, but it's a moot issue because there's no way this team finishes the season with 3 or less wins. Distraction or no distraction, Favre or no Favre, this team finishes at .500 or better. There is far too much talent on this team for them not to. Thier coach is far too good a coach for them not to.

I can see 6-8 wins with Rodgers at the helm... which makes me wanna throw my computer with what it could be like with Favre at the helm

We are kidding ourselves if we think Rodgers is going to step in, read defenses hes never seen, throw clutch balls, and lead this team to anything more than that... if you do guess that, you're going way out on a limb

boiga
08-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah I missed that, but why are such a little asshole? Your "I hate Favre and fuck everyone else that doesn't" schtick is old. They have a point, cpk. You seem to be getting what you want at this juncture so it'd make sense to lower the hostility.

Favre or no Favre, it's just a game.

Also, I'm with gunakor. Tarvaris could get to .500 with this team. Rodgers will make mistakes but we should be fine this year.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah I missed that, but why are such a little asshole? Your "I hate Favre and fuck everyone else that doesn't" schtick is old. They have a point, cpk. You seem to be getting what you want at this juncture so it'd make sense to lower the hostility.

Also, I'm with gunakor. Tarvaris could get to .500 with this team. Rodgers will make mistakes but we should be fine this year.

I think we have zero idea how good Jackson and Rodgers are going to be. They both have big upsides, JAckson has a ton of talent. They could both be flops. Rodgers is surrounded by a lot of talent, he is a safer bet.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 02:32 PM

Also, I'm with gunakor. Tarvaris could get to .500 with this team. Rodgers will make mistakes but we should be fine this year.I did. I gave Noodle a reasonable well thought out synopsis for why TT doesn't trade Favre to the Vikings and I got jumped. I then simply returrned fire. Everything else is just banter no worse than BallHawk and Scot Campbell. Lamer, probably. Worse, no.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 02:33 PM

I think we have zero idea how good Jackson and Rodgers are going to be. They both have big upsides, JAckson has a ton of talent. They could both be flops. Rodgers is surrounded by a lot of talent, he is a safer bet.

Great point.. the thing that Jackson may have over Rodgers is that defense the Vikes have.. they are gonna be tough

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 02:40 PM

Merlin, there will be a football season in 2009 too, so it's not just about who gives the Packers the best chance to win in 2008. What if we brought Favre back this year and did NOT win a SB, and then next offseason we have to deal with this whole bullshit media circus yet again... I'm sorry, but IMO it isn't worth it. A win in the Super Bowl is the only thing that would justify bringing Favre back this year, and the odds are against Favre. Favre has had how many opportunities in the last decade? He hasn't gotten that job done since 1997, so what makes you believe that 2008 will be any different? We are not going to a SB this year guys, and it doesn't matter who our QB is. Get over it, and start looking ahead of you instead of staring at the rearview mirror. Favre is not a SB caliber QB anymore. And I have a decade of history to back me up on that.

bbbffl66
08-05-2008, 02:41 PM
[quote=imscott72]Yeah I missed that, but why are such a little asshole? Your "I hate Favre and fuck everyone else that doesn't" schtick is old. They have a point, cpk. You seem to be getting what you want at this juncture so it'd make sense to lower the hostility.

As much as it pains to say, Minny's O line is superior and my guess is the A Peterson is a step or 5 ahead of R Grant. I think Minny's talent is prolly a little better than ours. :(

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Great point.. the thing that Jackson may have over Rodgers is that defense the Vikes have.. they are gonna be tough

What? The Packer defense is chopped liver?

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
i'm a little concerned about the DT situation, but Packer D will be good.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 02:44 PM

Their defense is a lot better than ours IMO

packers11
08-05-2008, 02:45 PM

what the hell are you smoking??? THEY HAVE THE MOST OVERRATED D in the league...

Noodle
I'm not sure, Merlin. I've written this before, so I apologize for the repeat, but here's how I see it. I think Favre is better now and would win a "real" QB competition. I think he'd be better up through game 10 or 11.

But I think there's a good chance A-Rod, if there's no Favre on the sideline and A-Rod is thus the undisputed starter from day one, turns out to be a more capable game winner by the end of the season than Favre.

I didn't say better QB, I said more capable game winner. Especially when it starts getting cold.

A-Rod's going to need some time, but I trust M3's instincts that they guy can be something.

digitaldean
Interesting blog entry from ESPN, we'll see what happens, it may be nothing (note the part in red)

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- There is quite a scene here at the Green Bay Packers' practice.

A huge crowd is on hand, having shown up thinking Brett Favre would be on the field. However, Favre has left Lambeau Field to continue meeting with team officials.

Fans are chanting, "We want Brett! We want Brett!"

One fan yelled to coach Mike McCarthy, "You've got nowhere to hide!"

Favre and general manager Ted Thompson are meeting now at Favre's home. Favre told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that the sides were discussing trade possibilities.

Stay tuned.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure, Merlin. I've written this before, so I apologize for the repeat, but here's how I see it. I think Favre is better now and would win a "real" QB competition. I think he'd be better up through game 10 or 11.

But I think there's a good chance A-Rod, if there's no Favre on the sideline and A-Rod is thus the undisputed starter from day one, turns out to be a more capable game winner by the end of the season than Favre.

I didn't say better QB, I said more capable game winner. Especially when it starts getting cold.

A-Rod's going to need some time, but I trust M3's instincts that they guy can be something.As we should, if m3 ultimately ends up wrong in his instincts, his fate will be unemployment.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Interesting blog entry from ESPN, we'll see what happens, it may be nothing (note the part in red)

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- There is quite a scene here at the Green Bay Packers' practice.

A huge crowd is on hand, having shown up thinking Brett Favre would be on the field. However, Favre has left Lambeau Field to continue meeting with team officials.

Favre and general manager Ted Thompson are meeting now at Favre's home. Favre told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that the sides were discussing trade possibilities.

Stay tuned.

ahahaha

Chevelle2
08-05-2008, 02:48 PM

Stay tuned.

Its sad that a few fans cloud all Packer fans as loud, disrespectful and irrational.

cpk1994

Their defense is a lot better than ours IMOTHeres a 34-0 score that seems to contradict that.

Harlan Huckleby

I would say McCarthy's dog is in some danger. Better get a mutt from the pound to serve as a food taster.

Rachel may be an A+ student from journalism school, and a fine human being, but how the fuck would she know what is being discussed inside that house?

bbbffl66

A-Rod's going to need some time, but I trust M3's instincts that they guy can be something.
That is the whole issue! This is a win now league. As close as the Packers are, can we afford "some time"?

packers11
08-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Rachel may be an A+ student from journalism school, and a fine human being, but how the fuck would she know what is being discussed inside that house?

Brett talked to her before he left...

Chevelle2

I would say McCarthy's dog is in some danger. Better get a mutt from the pound to serve as a food taster.

she is the entertainment.

Pacopete4

She said on ESPN that when she asked about the trade, Favre said its a good possibility .... so I think thats where she's going with that one

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 02:50 PM

Rachel may be an A+ student from journalism school, and a fine human being, but how the fuck would she know what is being discussed inside that house?I don't know, may be this part "FAVRE SAYS"

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 02:52 PM
ok, my apologies, sort of, but perhaps Favre's comment only should be reported.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 02:53 PM

I tend to agree. I'm not happy that Favre will likely be playing elsewhere. However, I'm more mad at Favre than anyone because I think he is the one who is primarily responsible for it. He doesn't like Thompson. That's fine. Some players don't like the GM, but he should have looked at the big picture in all of this. Thompson is doing a fine job overall. He let it get personal, and I think his ego didn't allow him to take the right approach. His Greta interview was the worst. The Campen comment turned me off, but the answer ("Why?") to Greta's question about whether he'd be willing to compete for the starting job was probably the end of my sympathy for him.

SkinBasket
08-05-2008, 02:54 PM

what the hell are you smoking??? THEY HAVE THE MOST OVERRATED D in the league...

I tend to agree with this. The Vikings Defense is the newest example of if ESPN says it's so a couple hundred times, then it must be so.

Not saying they suck ass. They just haven't proven all that much to be garnering this much respect.

gex
08-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Imo they are a top 10 de easily,
we are also if our d-line comes together and AL and Chuck don't show their age.

CaliforniaCheez
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
I can't what for the movie or the docudrama to be made.

It could be a television classic rpic like Shogun or Roots.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 09:52 PM

That is the whole issue! This is a win now league. As close as the Packers are, can we afford "some time"?

Baseball is a win now league. Football, as long as there is parity in the form of revenue sharing and a salary cap, is a win CONSISTENTLY league. You don't risk losing your future QB in favor of your past QB. Besides, as young as the Packers are, we have plenty of time. The departure of Favre does not signal the beginning of the end, and neither will the departure of Driver or Harris or Clifton or Taucher. It will mark the end of the transition. This is the beginning of a new era here, something that was going to come eventually.

Let me ask you this bbbffl66, were you okay with Rodgers as the starter back in March - post retirement presser but before any whispers of his return? Did you think we were going to be okay, or do we suck worse now simply because Favre wanted to come back? Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers, just like he was back in March. I was fine with him then, and I'm fine with him now. How bout you?

Fritz
08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
This is a good point, Gunakor. Back when Favre retired, people didn't treat Rodgers like crap. They were, at least, hopeful.

Now he sucks? Man, he got really bad in four months. And not a game was played. And he went to all the OTA's and worked out, too.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I was fine with him.. but I always hoped Brett came back... thats never gonna change... how could anyone not want him back is the insane part?... yes, we've moved on, blaw blaw.... not a meaningful snap has happened nor near happening

Zool
08-05-2008, 11:27 PM
I can't what for the movie or the docudrama to be made.

It could be a television classic rpic like Shogun or Roots.

Lets start a roll call for who should play Brett. Im going with the guy who played Urkel....or maybe Partial.

javqa
08-06-2008, 10:51 AM
This is a good point, Gunakor. Back when Favre retired, people didn't treat Rodgers like crap. They were, at least, hopeful.

Now he sucks? Man, he got really bad in four months. And not a game was played. And he went to all the OTA's and worked out, too.

I totally agree

footballfever
08-06-2008, 10:52 AM

I totally agree

I'll second that

javqa
08-06-2008, 10:53 AM

basically