PDA

View Full Version : Play me or Trade Me!!

CaliforniaCheez
08-05-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Play me or trade me!!

Favre: "This isn't going to work"
12 p.m.

Brett Favre has spoken, and he doesn't sound happy.

Speaking to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Favre said he and the Packers are "at a stalemate."

"Mike and I both agreed last night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction," Favre said in a story that was posted on ESPN.com a few minutes ago. "We all know the reason I'm here is because the commissioner [Roger Goodell] reinstated me so we have a lot of things to figure out. It's simple and complicated, both at the same time."

According to the report, Favre said his request for a trade to another team in the NFC North was shot down.

Favre also confirmed that there's not likely to be an open competition between him and Rodgers for the Packers' starting quarterback job.

"Mike told me, hey, we're a better team with you on it but wanted to know if I have a problem with an open competition," Favre told Mortensen. "I don't have a problem with competing -- you know that, but Aaron should be the starter right now because he's been out here all this time. This is more than about an open competition and I can do that, absolutely, but this is going to be mass confusion and that's not good for this team.

"I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be, but this probably isn't going to work. And I truly understand that if I was in Mike's shoes, I'd see it basically the same way he sees it, I'm sure. And I think if he was in my shoes, he'd see it my way. I think we both agree on that.

"They want to know if I'm committed but I want to know if they're 100 percent committed. The problem is that there's been a lot of damage done and I can't forget it. Stuff has been said, stories planted, that just aren't true. Can I get over all that? I doubt it."

Asked by Mortensen what stories have been "planted," Favre alluded to the reports that said he waffled on un-retiring in late March or early April. He said that's "just not the way it went down, at all."

He also expressed anger with the stories that alleged he had a team-issued cell phone that showed the Vikings were tampering with him.

"Again, that was bull on both parts," he said.

"Then," Favre said, "they tried to buy me off to stay retired."

He added, "So they can say they welcome me back but, come on, the way they've treated me tells you the truth. They don't want me back, so let's move on. I don't know where it's headed. We'll see."

It was unclear exactly when Mortensen interviewed Favre, but the story was posted at 11:52 a.m., CDT. Favre's Cadillac Escalade remains parked in the south loading dock at Lambeau Field.

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Caesar crosses the Rubicon.....

CaliforniaCheez
08-05-2008, 12:47 PM

Recrosses then crosses again.

arcilite
08-05-2008, 12:49 PM
"They want to know if I'm committed but I want to know if they're 100 percent committed."

This quote makes me laugh every time. Is brett fucking serious?

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 12:52 PM

They're going to need an HOV lane crossing the Rubicon at this rate.

Freak Out
08-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Has Brutus emerged from the senate yet?

CaliforniaCheez
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM

It is more like standing in a circle for target practice. They will all be bloodied.

Murphy is the one screwing this up. Under Harlan the Packers reputation was good. Now it has dropped considerably.

Murphy supported Thompson far too early in this so he cannot be part of the solution.

They could have done a medical excuse and put him on PUP or even the IR and pay him. Soviet style accusation of mental illness would backfire.

Ted is the dictator and he will purge Favre to retain power.

It is so destructive petty and stupid.

Packgator
08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Has Brutus emerged from the senate yet?They could have done a medical excuse and put him on PUP or even the IR and pay him.

How could they have done that? How would that have improved things?

prsnfoto
08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
"They want to know if I'm committed but I want to know if they're 100 percent committed."

Why ? I think he is refering to the fact this is going to get ugly and he has stated over and over he does not want to ruin his teammates but in the end I feel he will and I would do the same thing they have backed him into a corner and he is going to eventually come out swinging. So far when they ask him not to show up he has obliged them but from what they were saying on the NFL network last night they can't tell him to stay away nor can they not let him compete in drills or the NFL and the players union is going to come down on the team like a ton of bricks. Lastly I would like him to take a lie detector personally I believe him but it would probably shut up the morons on this board if they new every story was planted by the packers to make him look bad and he fueled the fire by being a dumbass and going on Greta.

HowardRoark
08-05-2008, 01:18 PM

They're going to need an HOV lane crossing the Rubicon at this rate.

We need Cortez to start burning the boats.

I don't care who plays the role of Cortez.

arcilite
08-05-2008, 01:28 PM

Why ? I think he is refering to the fact this is going to get ugly and he has stated over and over he does not want to ruin his teammates but in the end I feel he will and I would do the same thing they have backed him into a corner and he is going to eventually come out swinging. So far when they ask him not to show up he has obliged them but from what they were saying on the NFL network last night they can't tell him to stay away nor can they not let him compete in drills or the NFL and the players union is going to come down on the team like a ton of bricks. Lastly I would like him to take a lie detector personally I believe him but it would probably shut up the morons on this board if they new every story was planted by the packers to make him look bad and he fueled the fire by being a dumbass and going on Greta.

Stories planted by the packers?

where have you been all summer?

Its Favre's camp that has been leaking shit to the presses, most of which is not 100% true.

prsnfoto
08-05-2008, 01:40 PM

Its Favre's camp that has been leaking shit to the presses, most of which is not 100% true.

The cell phone-lie
the tampering-lie
now Brett says the March un-retiring ( that is why I suggested the lie detector)

What stories has Brett planted that have been lies most of the things he has said have been proven true, granted he and his posse should not have shot off their mouths in public.

Chevelle2
08-05-2008, 01:41 PM

The cell phone-lie
the tampering-lie
now Brett says the March un-retiring ( that is why I suggested the lie detector)

The Packers planted none of those. The media did.

arcilite
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM

The cell phone-lie
the tampering-lie

What stories has Brett planted that have been lies most of the things he has said have been proven true, granted he and his posse should not have shot off their mouths in public.

cell phone lie? The packers didnt start that... it was the media.

Tampering lie? lol wtf? PAckers thought the vikings tampered, so they filed charges...what the hell is your problem.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 01:43 PM
I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be.

IS he saying that he is better than Rodgers, and everybody knows it? Or is he saying he has no chance to play, and everybody knows it?
:violin:

Asked by Mortensen what stories have been "planted," Favre alluded to the reports that said he waffled on un-retiring in late March or early April. He said that's "just not the way it went down, at all."

OK, fine. People can have different perspectives on events. The Packers released their version in detail a long time ago. All he has to do is speak-up and correct the record.
Didn't Gretta give you enough time to talk?

I feel like Favre has been given a second chance with the organization. He should just shut his fucking piehole and show up to work, let the chips fall where they may.

NOBODY ELSE IN THIS WORLD HIS GUARANTEED TO BE THE HERO!

The guy is so spoiled and immature.

prsnfoto
08-05-2008, 01:43 PM

The cell phone-lie
the tampering-lie

The Packers planted none of those. The media did.

The media filled tampering charges holy shit that is news to me.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Tampering lie? lol wtf? PAckers thought the vikings tampered, so they filed charges...what the hell is your problem.

ESPN has reported that the Vikings were totally exhonerated. BS, they just didn't have enough evidence.

prsnfoto
08-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be.

IS he saying that he is better than Rodgers, and everybody knows it? Or is he saying he has no chance to play, and everybody knows it?
:violin:

OK, fine. People can have different perspectives on events. The Packers released their version in detail a long time ago. All he has to do is speak-up and correct the record.
Didn't Gretta give you enough time to talk?

I feel like Favre has been given a second chance with the organization. He should just shut his fucking piehole and show up to work, let the chips fall where they may.

NOBODY ELSE IN THIS WORLD HIS GUARANTEED TO BE THE HERO!

The guy is so spoiled and immature.

They don't want him back where have you been, he was told again today not to come to practice how is that welcoming him back? But I agree he should start the firestorm and show up to work.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 01:48 PM

ESPN has reported that the Vikings were totally exhonerated. BS, they just didn't have enough evidence.No. They had the evidence. Goodell swept this under the rug.

EDIT: You should be used to that kind of biased reporting from FavreSPN by now Harlan.

prsnfoto
08-05-2008, 01:52 PM

ESPN has reported that the Vikings were totally exhonerated. BS, they just didn't have enough evidence.No. They had the evidence. Goodell swept this under the rug.

You have inside knowledge of this? It is all clear to me now how you experts can believe with all certainty that Rodgers will be the next Tom Brady and not Ryan Leaf cause ya all know fucking everything. :shock:

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Pretty clear, if you use common sense, that the Vikings talked to Favre about the QB situation in Minnesota (which is tampering, no matter who instigates it). Since the Vikings have never publicly acknowledged interest in Favre, how come he's so sure that the Vikings want him?

imscott72
08-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Pretty clear, if you use common sense, that the Vikings talked to Favre about the QB situation in Minnesota (which is tampering, no matter who instigates it). Since the Vikings have never publicly acknowledged interest in Favre, how come he's so sure that the Vikings want him?

Based on talks he's had with Bevell and Chilly, I'm sure he knows how they feel..

mngolf19
08-05-2008, 01:57 PM

EDIT: You should be used to that kind of biased reporting from FavreSPN by now Harlan.

More BS. Stop with the conspiracy theories already. Is that an alien over there? :? Now who's making stuff up.

CaliforniaCheez
08-05-2008, 09:09 PM

It is more like standing in a circle for target practice. They will all be bloodied.

Murphy is the one screwing this up. Under Harlan the Packers reputation was good. Now it has dropped considerably.

Murphy supported Thompson far too early in this so he cannot be part of the solution.

They could have done a medical excuse and put him on PUP or even the IR and pay him. Soviet style accusation of mental illness would backfire.

Wow, before the press conference and before I learned they put him on the PUP!!

I did not expect McCarthy in the press conference to say Brett was mentally ill and have the team put him on the PUP. But they did.

Those lying snakes said if he requested reinstatement he could come in and compete. Now they have gone back on that.

When in the history of the league has the MVP runner not been qualified to enter training camp without injury or legal issues???

Ted "Joe Stalin" Thompson will purge anyone out of the Packers organization who dares say he made a mistake.

Remember in late February when Mark Murphy said he thought Brett Favre would be back?? Why and why did that weak brained fool change his mind??

The Packers continue to screw this up!

Brett Favre is willing to compete but but his mind is not right to play for the Packers.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Brett Favre is willing to compete but but his mind is not right to play for the Packers.

You are in La La Land man.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 09:15 PM

Isn't this what MM said? Or did he phrase it a little differently like...

Brett wants to play football and compete but his mind set is not focused on the packers? something to that order?

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 09:16 PM

Wow, before the press conference and before I learned they put him on the PUP!!

I did not expect McCarthy in the press conference to say Brett was mentally ill and have the team put him on the PUP. But they did.

Those lying snakes said if he requested reinstatement he could come in and compete. Now they have gone back on that.

When in the history of the league has the MVP runner not been qualified to enter training camp without injury or legal issues???

Ted "Joe Stalin" Thompson will purge anyone out of the Packers organization who dares say he made a mistake.

Remember in late February when Mark Murphy said he thought Brett Favre would be back?? Why and why did that weak brained fool change his mind??

The Packers continue to screw this up!

Did you even watch the press conference? Favre did not want to be part of a competiton. He said he'd be willing, but he didn't want to be a distraction and that it was best he play somewhere else. There was a similar quote from the Favre camp last night. This isn't all management. Both sides have agreed that this is best. His mind is not right means that Favre is not happy enough with the Packers to play here anymore. He acknowledges that Rodgers is the starter, takes the high road as to not cause unnecessary distraction, and agrees to a trade out of the division. Both sides are okay with this. What's the issue now?

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM

Isn't this what MM said? Or did he phrase it a little differently like...

Brett wants to play football and compete but his mind set is not focused on the packers? something to that order?

Well, I quoted the wrong thing.
:D

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 09:18 PM

Those lying snakes said if he requested reinstatement he could come in and compete. Now they have gone back on that...

Fixed.
:D

Iron Mike
08-05-2008, 10:18 PM

Must be a failure to communicate.

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/2/5/9/1/12961952-12961955-large.jpg