PDA

View Full Version : Deal in Place

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:04 PM
..... Wendy Nix

Chevelle2
08-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I just watched...she said nothing of the sort.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:06 PM
the hell she didn't.. said they are on their way back to lambeau as well.. so it must be done with or Favre said no

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Nothing on the website either.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 03:09 PM
the hell she didn't.. said they are on their way back to lambeau as well.. so it must be done with or Favre said no

They just had her on and she didn't say anything about that..

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 03:10 PM
To who?

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Paco's credability....

http://themarylebonegreenwave.com/down-arrow.gif

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
as i said-learn to post, this is not a chat room

The Leaper
08-05-2008, 03:13 PM

Or Thompson left his dinner back in his office and needs to go get it.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 03:13 PM

I didn't know that a chat room was any different from a forum.

you kids today and all your crazy internet stuff.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 03:16 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0805/nfl_packers_circus_vwtop.jpg

i like ESPN's pic of the packer circus.

Tony Oday
08-05-2008, 03:19 PM
lol Favre is in the pic two times!

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 03:20 PM

When exactly did you become the forum regulator?

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:22 PM
it sure sounded like she was sayin some sort of deal had been put in place and thats what they were going to discuss

hoosier
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0805/nfl_packers_circus_vwtop.jpg

i like ESPN's pic of the packer circus.

ESPN conveniently leaves itself out of the circus tent, but this saga would never have reached the level of carnivalean silliness it did if ESPN hadn't been around to turn it into a media event. Then again, maybe PeeWee is supposed to be ESPN (Eee...sss...peeein') :lol:

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 03:26 PM

lol wut?

SkinBasket
08-05-2008, 03:26 PM
maybe you should put it in all caps again and claim it was a joke.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:27 PM
ESPN is saying Rodgers is not a very accurate QB and Merril Hodge seems to thin he cannot improve it... said something that if you were never very accurate, that you really dont improve that much...

I though Arod was more accurate than strong armed?... i dunno, all this is confusing me

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 03:28 PM
ESPN is saying Rodgers is not a very accurate QB and Merril Hodge seems to thin he cannot improve it... said something that if you were never very accurate, that you really dont improve that much...

I though Arod was more accurate than strong armed?... i dunno, all this is confusing me

Another reason to trust the local writers more than the national writers.

Tyrone Bigguns
all this is confusing me

This ain't news to most of the forum.

boiga

I though Arod was more accurate than strong armed?... i dunno, all this is confusing meyou should really stop listening to ESPN. It's not worth the headache.

BallHawk

ESPN can not be relied on for anything, this includes analysis.

Freak Out
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM

You been drinking?

PackerTimer
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM

Seriously, they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. You are correct, accuracy has never, ever been a knock on Rodgers.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
No need to rip me.. I just was confused why they started ripping Rodgers and using the scrimmage tape in doing so...

Tony Oday

lol wut?

He is dressed up on the left and in is himself in front ;)

Pacopete4
HE'S A CLOWN........

Tony Oday
08-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Hodge is a moron, I think he hit too many LBs in his time. Only one worse is Sean Sal..err..steak...err...cheeseburger? whatever his name is :)

Zool
08-05-2008, 03:31 PM

Seriously, they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. You are correct, accuracy has never, ever been a knock on Rodgers.

Merril Hodge knows less than 90% of the people here about football. They should shove him off with Theismann.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Hodge is a moron, I think he hit too many LBs in his time. Only one worse is Sean Sal..err..steak...err...cheeseburger? whatever his name is :)

Where is he now? I know he got canned by ESPN, which is the worst thing that could happen to you ha

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 03:33 PM
No need to rip me.. I just was confused why they started ripping Rodgers and using the scrimmage tape in doing so...Let me lay this out for you so you understand. ESPN kisses Brett Favre's ass. Arron Rodgers is being put ahead of their beloved Favre, threfore ESPN rips Rodgers. ESPN is the most one sided biased outfit "reporting" on this saga. Its just hit piece after hit piece against TT and management.

Tony Oday
Begging quarters off of tourists in central park maybe?

BallHawk

lol wut?

He is dressed up on the left and in is himself in front ;)

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/InsultComicDog/i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

imscott72
08-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Looks like it could be Tampa Bay after all..Discussion taking place..

SkinBasket
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM

When his options are Tampa or the bench, Tampa probably looks a lot cooler.

Tony Oday
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Cant we trade him to the Patriots? ;) hehe

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 03:42 PM
The bastards at ESPN took "Title Town" away from us.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM

hell, if he waits long enough, the weather will cool down. he's already gonna miss a good junk of summer camp.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 03:45 PM

hell, if he waits long enough, the weather will cool down. he's already gonna miss a good junk of summer camp.

Tampa is just miserable this time of year. I can't see him making it thru training camp.

Lurker64
08-05-2008, 03:46 PM
ESPN can not be relied on for anything, this includes analysis.

Oftentimes they correctly report the scores of games and they almost always correctly report which team won the games in question.

That's something at least...

imscott72
08-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Tampa is just miserable this time of year. I can't see him making it thru training camp.

do they actually have training camp in Tampa?

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM

hire some geisha girls with fans. Lord Favre can afford it.

Zool
08-05-2008, 03:53 PM

This was one helluva slip.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Rodgers throws 2 TD passes in team drill
3:40 p.m.

As some fans again were chanting “We want Favre” during a red-zone team drill, Aaron Rodgers proceeded to get his pass batted down at the line of scrimmage by Cullen Jenkins. Some of the chanting fans erupted into cheers -- such is the circus-like atmosphere that has pervaded Clarke Hinkle Field

It wasn’t all bad for Rodgers, however, during the red-zone drill. He lofted a nifty touchdown pass to James Jones, who made a spectacular one-handed grab, to the delight of cheering fans. Rodgers also had touchdown passes to Donald Lee and Taj Smith during the drill.

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 03:55 PM
That's 3 TD passes.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
ya, I didnt write the article...

FritzDontBlitz
08-05-2008, 03:57 PM

Another reason to trust the local writers more than the national writers.

The local writers are just as hyperpartisan as the fans.

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
With all this sitting around and talking last night and in particular today with TT. We should conclude that TT has a deal(s) in his hand and he is trying to get Brett and Deanna to take it. (JSO reports TT was/is at Brett GB house this afternoon)

What else can they possibly be talking about.

Bucs or Jets ....

imscott72
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
With all this sitting around and talking last night and in particular today with TT. We should conclude that TT has a deal(s) in his hand and he is trying to get Brett and Deanna to take it. (JSO reports TT was/is at Brett GB house this afternoon)

Bucs or Jets ....

Like I stated in the other thread, TT has been back at practice since 3:00 so I don't know if it got done or not..

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm gonna guess Bucs

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 04:00 PM

do they actually have training camp in Tampa?

Actually in Lake Buena Vista (disney)....that ain't an improvement.

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 04:01 PM

Bucs or Jets ....

Like I stated in the other thread, TT has been back at practice since 3:00 so I don't know if it got done or not..

Yeah, im with ya. I say he has his end and the other teams end done, he's trying to get the Favres to agree so he can pull the trigger.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM
The local writers are just as hyperpartisan as the fans.

Nah, I think generally most sportswriters are detached emotionally. It's just that the local writers are more informed. They only have to concentrate on one team. How is a guy like Marcellus Wiley or Merrill Hoge supposed to know everything about all 32 teams? In these times, I think the best reporting and opinion pieces are done by the JSO writers.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
The bastards at ESPN took "Title Town" away from us.

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed about that one too. But Green Bay finished 3rd, and the only ones ahead of us were a college town and a high school town. I take at least a little bit of satisfaction from beating Boston and New York and Chicago and Los Angeles and such.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 04:12 PM
As some fans again were chanting “We want Favre” during a red-zone team drill, Aaron Rodgers proceeded to get his pass batted down at the line of scrimmage by Cullen Jenkins. Some of the chanting fans erupted into cheers -- such is the circus-like atmosphere that has pervaded Clarke Hinkle Field

You realize, of course, that anyone cheering for Rodgers to fail and clapping when he does could in no way be considered a Packer fan. I would hope that neither you nor any of the other Rats fall into this crowd.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 04:12 PM
I didn't say I did.. I was just pointing out that statement..

footballfever
08-05-2008, 04:15 PM

Bucs or Jets ....

Yeah, im with ya. I say he has his end and the other teams end done, he's trying to get the Favres to agree so he can pull the trigger.

Brett Favre is on the phone with the Bucs now, just trying to get everything wrapped up. He was given permission to talk to them about a possible trade. They say it isn't imminent yet but all signs are pointing.

footballfever
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM

You realize, of course, that anyone cheering for Rodgers to fail and clapping when he does could in no way be considered a Packer fan. I would hope that neither you nor any of the other Rats fall into this crowd.

Yeah I hear ya there, I was at Family Night and it's sad what this has become for Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully those cocksuckers tune their tvs and attentions to tampa, when brett finally packs his shit up and gets out.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 04:17 PM

Bucs or Jets ....

Brett Favre is on the phone with the Bucs now, just trying to get everything wrapped up. He was given permission to talk to them about a possible trade. They say it isn't imminent yet but all signs are pointing.

I heard he is "thinking" about talking to the Bucs right now and that a convo hasn't happened... it was also stated some of his family wants him to consider the Jets

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 04:18 PM

Bucs or Jets ....

yup..its spreading like wildfire now.

Freak Out
08-05-2008, 04:18 PM
I thought Favre was traded to the Brewers for a player to be named later? They needed another arm in the Bully.

DannoMac21
08-05-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm on my way home from Training Camp right now, and just heard on 620 radio that Favre is waiving his no trade clause for a trade to the Bucs.

Plenty of ''We want Favre'' chants today. Plenty of annoying Favre fans. I got in a few arguments (sticking by A-Rodge). Was an interesting day.

boiga
08-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm on my way home from Training Camp right now, and just heard on 620 radio that Favre is waiving his no trade clause for a trade to the Bucs.

Plenty of ''We want Favre'' chants today. Plenty of annoying Favre fans. I got in a few arguments (sticking by A-Rodge). Was an interesting day. Please write up a summary when you get back. GBPG said that Rodgers had a couple of good throws today.

bbbffl66
08-05-2008, 04:23 PM

I think some Rats would do that to BF!!

boiga
08-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I think some Rats would do that to BF!! Only if he shows up in purple.

DannoMac21
08-05-2008, 04:31 PM

Today there was a lady (very annoying) behind that constantly talked about Favre. I asked if she liked Rodgers and she said ''As soon as he shows something I will.''

I followed with ''Did you watch the Dallas game?'' She replied with ''Oh please, we were already out of the game and Dallas wasn't nearly hyped up to what they were supposed to be.''

I later heard her say ''If we trade Favre to the Vikings and they come on opening night and kick our ass, I'll be cheering.'' That set me off.

Chevelle2
08-05-2008, 04:32 PM

Today there was a lady (very annoying) behind that constantly talked about Favre. I asked if she liked Rodgers and she said ''As soon as he shows something I will.''

I followed with ''Did you watch the Dallas game?'' She replied with ''Oh please, we were already out of the game and Dallas wasn't nearly hyped up to what they were supposed to be.''

I later heard her say ''If we trade Favre to the Vikings and they come on opening night and kick our ass, I'll be cheering.'' That set me off.'

You shoulda asked her what the hell she was doing at the PACKERS Training Camp.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I think some Rats would do that to BF!! Only if he shows up in purple.

I second that. But he won't show up in purple. He'll be wearing red and pewter, and we have to travel to Florida to see him.

SkinBasket
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM

I later heard her say ''If we trade Favre to the Vikings and they come on opening night and kick our ass, I'll be cheering.'' That set me off.

I never would have guessed that someone with the forum name PacoPete would actually be a woman. Great investigative reporting Danno!

gbpackfan
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid. And I don't expect you to take it as fact. But I thought I'd share what I just heard. My friend and I are watching this Favre thing unfold and he just got a call from his dad who lives in Florida. ESPN radio in florida said it is a done deal AS LONG AS Deanna is okay with the trade. This sounds silly I know. But Deanna is involved with a lot of Brett's dealings and I assume that is what the meeting at their house was about.

Again, take it for what it is worth. I am not trying to start stupid rumors here. Those who know my posts, know I dont do that.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 04:37 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid. And I don't expect you to take it as fact. But I thought I'd share what I just heard. My friend and I are watching this Favre thing unfold and he just got a call from his dad who lives in Florida. ESPN radio in florida said it is a done deal AS LONG AS Deanna is okay with the trade. This sounds silly I know. But Deanna is involved with a lot of Brett's dealings and I assume that is what the meeting at their house was about.

Again, take it for what it is worth. I am not trying to start stupid rumors here. Those who know my posts, know I dont do that.

Nobody is blaming you, but ESPN and ESPN radio are NOTORIOUS for starting stupid rumors. Take them with a grain of salt.

SkinBasket
08-05-2008, 04:38 PM

After all we've heard about Deanna's role in this, it doesn't sound stupid at all.

Rastak
08-05-2008, 05:04 PM

Again, take it for what it is worth. I am not trying to start stupid rumors here. Those who know my posts, know I dont do that.\

That makes perfect sense. A guy would have to clear it with his family before taking a job in another city. I know it comes into play with free agents.

NewsBruin
08-05-2008, 05:45 PM

I don't believe there are no-trade clauses in the NFL. Brett could hold out before he un-retired, but cannot veto a trade now.