PDA

View Full Version : Ed Werder Reporting.....

Chevelle2
08-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Packers/Bucs talking trade.

ESPNEWS

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 03:34 PM
ahhhh, old news. I already read in this forum a week ago that a trade to tampa was a done deal.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with their GM being gone from camp?.. probably

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Packers/Bucs talking trade.

ESPNEWS

I gotta believe TT is burning up the phones now with all the creativity he can muster. Have you heard the Simms to Chicago angle yet?

imscott72
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I bet as best we get a 4th rounder for Brett. TB knows TT is in a bind. He's gonna take what he can get at this point. A 4th rounder for a HOF'er just seems wrong..

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 03:40 PM
I bet as best we get a 4th rounder for Brett. TB knows TT is in a bind. He's gonna take what he can get at this point. A 4th rounder for a HOF'er just seems wrong..

I agree with you, they won't get much.

This all could have worked out so much better for both FAvre and the team. FAvre could have had a dozen teams to choose from.

SkinBasket
08-05-2008, 03:41 PM

I agree with you, they won't get much.

This all could have worked out so much better for both FAvre and the team. FAvre could have had a dozen teams to choose from.

you mean if Favre hadn't acted like a giant cock monster for the past 6 weeks?

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
uhh, ya

arcilite
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM
cock monster made me lol

texaspackerbacker
08-05-2008, 03:54 PM
What's this talk about Thompson's in a bind? Who says he has to trade Favre?

There STILL is no reason--other than the money and a roster spot--why the Packers can't just keep Favre and let him sit. That would be the best solution--far better than trading him cheap to anybody or trading him for any price within the division.

Scott Campbell
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM

There STILL is no reason--other than the money and a roster spot--why the Packers can't just keep Favre and let him sit. That would be the best solution--.......

......letting him stew at least as a viable threat puts pressure on Brett to play nice.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I really think if we trade him, we are making a mistake... who knows really how rodgers will be

imscott72
08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Thompson has been back at practice since 3:00. Is the deal done? Or no deal?

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
if I had to guess.. I'm guess Favre said stick it... again

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 04:18 PM

There STILL is no reason--other than the money and a roster spot--why the Packers can't just keep Favre and let him sit. That would be the best solution--far better than trading him cheap to anybody or trading him for any price within the division.

Avoiding the distraction Favre would cause us if we keep him on the bench for the entire season is well worth trading him to another team. It is not however worth trading him to another team in the NFC North, because if they do the drama will not end anyway. I'd bet the drama would increase significantly, actually.

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 04:21 PM
if I had to guess.. I'm guess Favre said stick it... again

He stuck his own foot up his butt - again??