PDA

View Full Version : IDEA - The Generation Bowl

CaptainKickass
06-13-2006, 04:34 PM
I came up with this idea a few years back and wanted to throw it out here for you all to chew on, overanalyze, spit back out, add to, take away from and otherwise beat down until the thread eventually dies.

Either 1 week after the pro bowl, or possibly instead of the pro bowl, wouldn't it be cool to watch the "Generation Bowl"?

The concept is fairly simple:

The 2 oldest starting players at every position VS the 2 youngest starting players at every position.

So who wins and why?
How would you improve it?
Would it last and why?

Partial
06-13-2006, 04:56 PM
I'd say oldest. If they're old and hanging on odds are they were once a very skilled player with a great feel for the game. Skill and feel beats the young athletes every time.

Harlan Huckleby
06-13-2006, 07:36 PM
This is one of the oddest suggestions I've ever heard. But after thinking about, I'd like to see it.

How about caucasions vrs. minorities? oh, that's right, caucasions ARE a minority in NFL. Well, you know what I mean.

ya know, it seems incredibly odd now that the team that won the Super Bowl (or maybe it was pre-Super Bowl) would play against the college all-stars! It seems like the college kids would get pummeled.

hurleyfan
06-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey Harlan,
didn't one of our "older" Packer teams lose to the college boys?? Game interrupted / cxl'd by thunderstorms? Maybe those younguns' got somthing to prove!

CaptainKickass
06-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Again we are talking about starters. We're not really talking about rookies vs the vets, just starters.

Think about all of the starters in the league, then take the 2 oldest and the 2 youngest at each position and put 'em on a team.