PDA

View Full Version : What ROUND PICK would you be CONTENT with in the FAVRE TRADE

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
It's a foregone conclusion that Favre is history in Green Bay. It will be interesting to see if we get bent over or receive remotely fair market value.
Montana brought a 1st; Jason Taylor just brought a 2nd round pick plus

The Jets, Buccaneers, and Vikings all appear interested.

We can figure TT will do whatever he can to drive the value up to the highest bidder........most likely not the Queens though.

WHAT PICK WOULD YOU BE CONTENT WITH IF/WHEN FAVRE IS TRADED ???

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Best offer. If the best offer was a 7th round pick I'd take the 7th round pick. Favre is done in Green Bay, might as well take what we can and rid ourselves of him and the situation.

imscott72
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
What do I want to get compared to what I think we'll get? I want a 2nd, but think we'll get a 5th maybe. TB knows we're in a bad spot, so they're not going to offer much.

boiga
08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I put in 4th, but I'd want a warm body from the defensive line too.

cpk1994
I think they can get two picks, a 2nd and a 5th/6th. Id be happy with just a second though.

The Shadow
I'd be content with a 5th.

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
One of my first posts regarding this predicted we'll end up with a 3rd; I think I'd want that.

Important for TT to spin this as more than just one team being interested

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I'll bet TT's trying to get a conditional pick. Health, playoff wins etc

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 06:15 PM
If it's to a team with a quality DT they'd be willing to part with as part of the deal, I'd be happy with a 6th plus that quality DT. I'd hope for a higher pick of course, but couldn't really expect one.

cpk1994
08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
If it's to a team with a quality DT they'd be willing to part with as part of the deal, I'd be happy with a 6th plus that quality DT. I'd hope for a higher pick of course, but couldn't really expect one.If a player was included I would be for a lower draft pick, I agree.

Sparkey
08-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I would venture a conditional is most appropriate.

Maybe a 4th and conditional #2 if NFC Champions, #3 if Division Champion

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I would venture a conditional is most appropriate.

Maybe a 4th and conditional #2 if NFC Champions, #3 if Division Champion

It would all revolve around Brett, not the team he plays for. As in a #4, and a #2 if he makes the pro bowl. Something like that.

texaspackerbacker
08-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Anything less than a first or maybe a second plus another lower pick would be way less than the Packers should consider. I'm not saying that's what they have any hope of receiving. That is probably more like a second rounder at the highest.

If the Packers cannot get an outlandish return in a trade--and they probably won't, they are better off not trading him at all--just paying him to sit, even if it means using a roster spot.

And no way in hell they should trade him to the Bears or Vikings, even for that kind of outlandish amount.

vince
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I could care less what they get. Whatever it takes to end this nonsense is a good deal.

Joemailman
08-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I think a 3 and Jeff Garcia might not be a bad idea.

GBRulz
08-05-2008, 07:15 PM
I could care less what they get. Whatever it takes to end this nonsense is a good deal.

ditto

oregonpackfan
08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
I believe the Pats got Randy Moss for a 4th round. From that line, I think Brett would probably command a 3rd round considering his advanced playing age.

Let other posters mentioned, I am very much "Favre Fatigued" and want this whole issue resolved soon.

Farley Face
08-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I think a 3 and Jeff Garcia might not be a bad idea.

A conditional pick (as high as a 1, no lower than a 4) and Chris Simms.

I read somewhere a coach that McCarthy has worked with in the past (Hackett maybe?) thinks highly of Simms so that is my thinking. I'd prefer a DT but scanning their depth chart reveals slim pickings there.

Freak Out
08-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Get a player...and then a pick based on performance.

Joemailman
08-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Everyone wants this over with, but I suspect a lot of people would consider it an insult to Favre if TT unloaded him for a low draft pick. Some would call it a parting shot. I suspect TT is sensitive yo that, and will insist on a high pick or middle pick/player.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Everyone wants this over with, but I suspect a lot of people would consider it an insult to Favre if TT unloaded him for a low draft pick. Some would call it a parting shot. I suspect TT is sensitive yo that, and will insist on a high pick or middle pick/player.

so you think some people will believe that TT bargained a team down to a sufficiently low draft pick?

I guess some people will believe anything.

SudsMcBucky
08-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Depends on which team they're trading him. If it ends up being the Vikings, it needs to be a lot more. However, I still think he ends up in Tampa.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
We could have gotten a lot more if Favre had warmed up to this idea a month ago. I'd say any pick and maybe one of Tampa Bay's 30 QBs--preferrably Garcia. If it's a trade to Minnesota, then almost no package will be big enough.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 08:11 PM
We could have gotten a lot more if Favre had warmed up to this idea a month ago. I'd say any pick and maybe one of Tampa Bay's 30 QBs--preferrably Garcia. If it's a trade to Minnesota, then almost no package will be big enough.

oh hell, we would have had a first round pick, and FAvre would have about 12 teams to pick from if this had happened behind the scenes.