PDA

View Full Version : INSECURE... thats the word that sums all of this up

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 07:38 PM
INSECURE

I really think this word sums up our situation...

Brett Favre has been insecure about them wanting them back.. Hey Brett, get your ass to camp and play football and then let your play do your talking

I also think TT has been insecure about his football team. He's wanted to move on whether it started this year or in years past, he really has not fully wanted Brett here and he has that right, but I think its due to his insecurities that when Brett is here... its not "his" team, its Brett's

What do you guys think?.. I think this word sums it up pretty well to where the situation has taken us.. [/u]

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
I doubt TT is insecure.

The fact that you even think that the team is brett's is a problem. Brett is the QB. Nothing more, nothing less. It isn't his team...and if it is..that is a HUGE problem.

THe team should be managements...MM/TT.

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm havin' trouble gettin' my head around this one my Packer Brothah.

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 07:48 PM
INSECURE

Brett Favre has been insecure about them wanting them back.. Hey Brett, get your ass to camp and play football and then let your play do your talking

I also think TT has been insecure about his football team. He's wanted to move on whether it started this year or in years past, he really has not fully wanted Brett here and he has that right, but I think its due to his insecurities that when Brett is here... its not "his" team, its Brett's

What do you guys think?.. I think this word sums it up pretty well to where the situation has taken us.. [/u]

Sorry, don't follow the TT's being insecure statement.
I think it came down to this : Favre's positives no longer outweighed his negatives.
I think the organization gave him lots of opportunity to ride off gracefully - and Favre botched it.

Packgator
08-05-2008, 07:50 PM
INSECUREI think its due to his insecurities that when Brett is here... its not "his" team, its Brett's[/u]

Huh

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 07:51 PM
The players don't sound very insecure. They've sounded very confident in thier chances with either QB. Some have spoken out in preference of one or the other, but it seems all of them believe they can win with either.

I don't think TT was insecure with Favre in years past, and I really don't think MM has ever been insecure with Favre. I think Favre may have felt insecure, but that's going to happen when a team spends a first round pick on a player at your position. But I thought he got over that insecurity. If he felt insecure because nobody begged him to come back this year, well that's his problem. Nobody should be begged to come back and do what they love for 12 million dollars.

But I don't think the Packers management felt any insecurity until July. That's when the shit hit the fan, and we were left with a situation we didn't have a playbook for. So a little insecurity is to be expected. Right now, I think we are past that. At least I hope we are. The season is about to begin. Opening night is just 4 weeks from Monday.

Pacopete4
I meant it as... Brett see's the credit more so that TT does in a lot of ways. The media hypes up Brett and TT doesn't feel like its the Packers win, but its a Brett Favre win.. thats what I meant by it

sheepshead
INSECURE

How old are you man?

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I meant it as... Brett see's the credit more so that TT does in a lot of ways. The media hypes up Brett and TT doesn't feel like its the Packers win, but its a Brett Favre win.. thats what I meant by it

Na, I don't think that's the case. One of the talking heads on 1130AM was saying something like that this afternoon too. I say bullshit. Do you think if Green Bay would have won the Super Bowl last year that Thompson would have been pissed because Favre got all the credit? I don't buy it.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Well thanks for the input.. I've been thinking of this situation in so many ways.. I just thought I'd run it across some of you to see what you thought..

ps. I'm 24, which has nothing to do with anything

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Well thanks for the input.. I've been thinking of this situation in so many ways.. I just thought I'd run it across some of you to see what you thought..

I got into it with some guy on here that apparently doesnt take well to being challenged and his cronies felt the same. It was a similar thought line. That somehow TT and/or MM are acting entirely on emotion. That the facts that they have at hand have really nothing to do with this and it's all just "feelings" and " issues" or whatever. Just wondering how long youve been a packer fan etc. Kid, the only one that is showing his emotions on his sleeve here is Favre. His agent should be front and center and not allowing him to even be in this position. But this is the way it played out. The Packer brass is making a business decision-period. One that will be debated for YEARS to come. A big risk as far as we can tell, but they seem pretty confident in ARod. So, as Packer Fans, that's the way it's gonna be.

All human flaws aside.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 08:10 PM

I feel for you man. I really do. It's tough. But, it's just a game. The Packers will go on. Favre will go on.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 08:27 PM

I feel for you man. I really do. It's tough. But, it's just a game. The Packers will go on. Favre will go on.

Hey thanks Harv... It's just as rough as it'l ever be for me in sports.. I did grow up idolizing him and followed his career to a 'T'... but you're right.. like everything it life, it will go on

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 08:30 PM

Hey thanks Harv... It's just as rough as it'l ever be for me in sports.. I did grow up idolizing him and followed his career to a 'T'... but you're right.. like everything it life, it will go on

You should probably kill yourself in tribute to the Favre. That would really get back at TT.

Badgerinmaine
08-05-2008, 08:46 PM

Harv's right, Paco. Hang in there.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 08:56 PM

You should probably kill yourself in tribute to the Favre. That would really get back at TT.

Ty... you should really watch what you say to people... I don't find that the least bit funny.....

gex
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Yes agree,
WTF ty?! :shock:

DonHutson
08-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Not a bad concept Paco.

I'm not sure I'd say Brett's insecure exactly. I think he's shocked and offended that the team didn't dust off his throne for him at the drop of a hat.

I don't think Ted's insecure about the team. In fact I think he's been very consistent and confident in his gameplan. I do think Ted has been insecure about being the guy that drove Brett out of town, which led to the tampering charges and some of the PR difficulties. I wish he had just taken ownership of his decision with more authority.

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM

Jesus, Ty, that was 4 Chan-esque right there.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Pride... maybe mixed with a little ego comes to mind for me.

http://www.madison.com/cache2007/section_image/sports/topStory.jpg

SnakeLH2006
08-06-2008, 03:01 AM

:whaa: :shock: :wow:

Badgerinmaine
08-06-2008, 06:06 AM
:shock: :shock:
Ty, I appreciate your sense of humor and know you don't mean this, but there's stuff you just shouldn't joke about like that.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Pride... maybe mixed with a little ego comes to mind for me.

http://www.madison.com/cache2007/section_image/sports/topStory.jpgA little ego? :shock:

Fritz
08-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Not a bad concept Paco.

I'm not sure I'd say Brett's insecure exactly. I think he's shocked and offended that the team didn't dust off his throne for him at the drop of a hat.

I don't think Ted's insecure about the team. In fact I think he's been very consistent and confident in his gameplan. I do think Ted has been insecure about being the guy that drove Brett out of town, which led to the tampering charges and some of the PR difficulties. I wish he had just taken ownership of his decision with more authority.

Spot on, DonHutson.

sharpe1027
08-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Not I wish he had just taken ownership of his decision with more authority.

I have to believe it was Favre and MM's decision, not TTs. TT put him on the active roster. It was likely MM that decided he wasn't going to be the starter (that's a coach's job, not a GM's job), Favre said, thanks but no thanks. Everyone needs to stop pointing the finger at TT.

IMHO, I think too many people (including maybe Favre?) simply don't like the guy because he is a terrible public speaker and then like to assume he's a bad guy.

Pugger
08-06-2008, 10:57 AM
I think Favre couldn't committ to the football team because of his issues with TT is at the core of this impasse. MM said Brett couldn't get past his anger at some of the things that have happened this summer. I guess Brett couldn't forgive and forget and THIS is why Brett's agent is talking to Tampa. Sad all around, really... :cry: