PDA

View Full Version : Can u imagine Joe Montana demanding a trade to the LA Rams?

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I think people would have been talking psychiatric exams. Montana was kind of an arrogant guy, but I can't imagine him even entertaining the possibility that the 49ers would pave his way to their division rival.

Can anybody think of ANY example from sports history where a good player, under contract, felt entitled to play on his team's rival? Favre's statement, "IF they don't want me, let me play against them" is right out of the 6th grade playground.

We're seeing history here.

sheepshead
08-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Great, great point.

pbmax
08-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Charles Haley. Deion Sanders. Not traded, but refused to resign with the 49ers.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 07:55 PM

how did that work? they went from San Fran to Dallas - how?

pbmax
08-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Marcus Allen. But Harlan's point still stands, these examples couldn't get out of an existing contract.

pbmax
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Chuckles the Masturbator Haley was without a contract I believe. Deion was in one of the first few FA classes after the lawsuits that created the FA we know and T2 tries to ignore today.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
ok, that's pretty different.

Favre is in unchartered territory.

pbmax
08-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I lied again, really need to start fact checking (if you can call wikipedia fact checking)

[Charles Haley] after having a falling out with then 49ers head coach George Seifert and a physical confrontation with then 49ers quarterback Steve Young, he was traded to Dallas in the 1992 off-season.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Marcus Allen. But Harlan's point still stands, these examples couldn't get out of an existing contract.

Allen is a poor example. Davis wouldn't even play him.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Chuckles the Masturbator Haley was without a contract I believe. Deion was in one of the first few FA classes after the lawsuits that created the FA we know and T2 tries to ignore today.

Masturbator? What are you referring to?

I know he peed on his competition's car..but, masturbation?

pbmax
08-05-2008, 08:19 PM
The text should be rated R and NSFW, but there aren't any photos to worry about.

You'll need to decide for yourself how serious they are.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/08/charles-haley-would-like-you-to-watch-him-masturbate.html

Masturbator? What are you referring to?

I know he peed on his competition's car..but, masturbation?