PDA

View Full Version : Article - Pack's View of the Pack

MJZiggy
08-05-2008, 08:06 PM
by KYPack

After viewing NFLN's replay, I seem to disagree with some of the recaps of the Family Night game that have been published and appear on the net. What follows is one man's impression of the game, based on personal observation.

Check out what follows! (http://packerrats.com)

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
is this some article about football?

MJZiggy
08-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Go read the freaking homepage you mangy mutt. And then go to the groomer, you're starting to get that old dog smell...

boiga
08-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the recap, ziggy.

You're probably reading a little too much into one night, but it was still very informative.

I just hope the offense as a whole get their act together over the next couple of weeks. They have the talent, they just need to coordinate themselves.

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
First off, good article. I actually hesitated to log on to read it because I figured it was another reading about Favre to to be honest I'm tired of the whole thing.

On a sidenote, I always enjoy reading KY's breakdown of the OL. He seems to be spot on consistently and offer some nice details at a position I don't focus on that much\

Just a sidenote; it will be interesting to see how well the Packers do with YAC this year. I've heard posters point out it was the WR's who were responsible for Favre's great stats. I've read others say it was all Favre. The answer is somewhere in between.

Rodgers was not putting the ball where it needed to go to allow the WR's to be dangerous after the catch; it's a skill Favre clearly had most of the time last year. Have to be very precise with the accuracy and strength on each route.

I wonder if we will come to realize how good he was at that after he's gone.

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the recap, ziggy.

You're probably reading a little too much into one night, but it was still very informative.

I just hope the offense as a whole get their act together over the next couple of weeks. They have the talent, they just need to coordinate themselves.
\

Just a note that some posters author articles here; KY Pack authored this one. Zig is the editor.

It's a great priviledge but takes a lot of time to do a good job. I've bowed out of that but doing it allowed me to respect those who volunteer to do it even more.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Favre was good last year. Not so good the previous two years. Combination of good QB and good WRs. Still not convinced that an uncommitted, older Brett Favre would have had the same magical season. I guess we'll never know. I've said this before. I'll take the playoffs this year. However that happens.

RashanGary
08-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Great write up. I think you read too much into one practice on the QB position, but overall I thought that was pretty kick ass. Nice work!!