PDA

View Full Version : FAVRE AGREES TO PLAY FOR TAMPA

Chevelle2
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080805/PKR01/80805144/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Hold off on a trade 'til tomorrow night, Pack. I'm planning on buying tickets to this game tomorrow afternoon and if Brett gets traded the price of tickets will instantly skyrocket.

Hold off.

But I still want him to be traded there. This is good news.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Hold off on a trade 'til tomorrow night, Pack. I'm planning on buying tickets to this game tomorrow afternoon and if Brett gets traded the price of tickets will instantly skyrocket.

Hold off.

But I still want him to be traded there. This is good news.

can't buy um on the internet? I think you need to act quickly.

Badgerinmaine
08-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Huh...BallHawk, you're not going to jump the fence and become a Bucs fan out of this, are you? :P

Interesting to see that not all Bucs observers are thrilled with the idea of Favre coming in:
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7070729&version=6&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

DonHutson
08-05-2008, 09:05 PM
This has been the obvious solution for everyone except Brett for about a month. Thanks for getting on board big guy. See you in a couple months.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 09:10 PM
why isn't it actually coming out of his mouth then?

Lurker64
08-05-2008, 09:12 PM

Very little that's come out from the Favre camp has actually come out of Brett's mouth, and those things that have are generally the things that hurt his case.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
If the packers could get a third round pick and Jeff Garcia, that would be a sweet deal. Hell, a third round and Jerry Garcia wouldn't sound that bad at this point.

Packers do need a vet backup. Garcia would be perfect.

DonHutson
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM

I don't expect anyone to say anything on the record until it all goes down. There seems to be a fair amount of smoke to the fire, and frankly unless Favre wants to drag this out even longer it just makes a whole lot of sense.

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 09:15 PM
If the packers could get a third round pick and Jeff Garcia, that would be a sweet deal. Hell, a third round and Jerry Garcia wouldn't sound that bad at this point.

What about a 3rd round pick and a lifetime supply of Cherry Garcia?

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 09:16 PM

Wouldn't it be strange if we got Garcia outta it and then Rodgers gets hurt and Garcia ends up playing for us when Brett coulda haha

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Wouldn't it be strange if we got Garcia outta it and then Rodgers gets hurt and Garcia ends up playing for us when Brett coulda haha

I'd love to get Jeff, but I doubt we will. We know he's capable of leading us to the playoffs--if ARod got hurt.

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I sure as hell hope Favre goes to Tampa. I am anxious to see what he's got left in the tank. If he just retires, it will leave so many questions.

gex
08-05-2008, 09:24 PM
I sure as hell hope Favre goes to Tampa. I am anxious to see what he's got left in the tank. If he just retires, it will leave so many questions.

Me too.
Plus I really didn't want to buy a Favre vikqueen jersey, the Tampa Bay one will be sweet. :D

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 09:25 PM

Me too.
Plus I really didn't want to buy a Favre vikqueen jersey, the Tampa Bay one will be sweet. :D

I'm not.. if Arod gets hurts, he's our best option yet... if he stays retired we at least have til week 6 to do something

falco
08-05-2008, 09:25 PM

if he retired than ya really gotta wonder wtf was the point of everything

i want him to go to tampa because A) he will play us and B) the odds of us losing to him are better than at minny

I'm already predicting T-WILL has 3 int's in that game

MJZiggy
08-05-2008, 09:51 PM

I'd love to get Jeff, but I doubt we will. We know he's capable of leading us to the playoffs--if ARod got hurt.

How odd if they'd planned to play each other anyway and now swapped jerseys like at the end of a soccer match.

Fritz
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM

Man, I watched Garcia when he was here in Detroit - no thanks to that dude. You talk about a non-team guy. He threw everybody but his mother under the bus here, and from what I recall he peed in the water in Philly, too.

Thanks, but no thanks. A defensive tackle, please?

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 10:01 PM

Man, I watched Garcia when he was here in Detroit - no thanks to that dude. You talk about a non-team guy. He threw everybody but his mother under the bus here, and from what I recall he peed in the water in Philly, too.

Bring Back Corey Williams :!:

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM

Oh you mean that guy who performed marvelously until we made him a full time starter, after which he struggled somewhat and got traded for way more than he was worth? I'd rather someone better than Corey Williams. Especially if it's Brett Favre I'm giving up to get them.

Zool
08-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Williams cant hold up to doubles on the inside, but playing as 3-4 end in Cleveland might suit him better. Going up against a tackle instead of a guard/center/FB combo should help him hold up for the big workload. You know for $5mil/season they're going to work him.

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 11:21 PM

Oh you mean that guy who performed marvelously until we made him a full time starter, after which he struggled somewhat and got traded for way more than he was worth? I'd rather someone better than Corey Williams. Especially if it's Brett Favre I'm giving up to get them.

Well we've got Justine Harrell :lol:

Seriously though it was a joke; it was hard to pay CW that amount of money with the funds we already had invested in the DL. Getting a 2nd was a good deal for both.

But it'd be nice to find some replacements to penetrate on passing downs. I believe he had the most sacks of any "DT" the past two years and we can't rely on a journeyman like Colin Cole to have the same level of play. Hopefully the rook will make some waves