PDA

View Full Version : The Laughing Stock of the NFL

Partial
08-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Way to go, Management. Fuck you guys, I am ashamed to have my team and state affiliated with such a aresenal of Asshats. Vince is rolling over in his grave over this balogna. My goodness gracious, how the organization has taken a term towards the classless.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Way to go, Management. Fuck you guys, I am ashamed to have my team and state affiliated with such a aresenal of Asshats. Vince is rolling over in his grave over this balogna. My goodness gracious, how the organization has taken a term towards the classless.

I think Vince would have told Brett to get lost on June 20th.

Fritz
08-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Partial, did you read the transcript of MM's press conference, or listen to it if it was broadcast? If you did either of those, can you explain how MM's responses to the questions makes him in any way an "asshat"

And what is an "asshat," anyway?

arcilite
08-05-2008, 09:48 PM

This.

And the Packers are far from the laughing stock of the NFL.

Its not like 31 other teams were lining up to sign/trade for Favre.

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Partial, did you read the transcript of MM's press conference, or listen to it if it was broadcast? If you did either of those, can you explain how MM's responses to the questions makes him in any way an "asshat"

Actually MM sounded incredible; great leader and communicator. TT should learn a few things from him

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks for being there for me when I need a laugh, P. You always come through.

Lurker64
08-05-2008, 09:52 PM

Yeah, from what I know of Vince the only thing he might have done different than Thompson or McCarthy was "Trade him sooner, for anything he can get."

Vince would have told Brett to get lost on June 20 and traded him on June 21.

It's odd that Partial would have cited Vince in his invective since Vince Lombardi was a firm believer in two things:
1) No player is bigger than the team.
2) Get rid of a guy a year too early, never a year too late.

Partial
08-05-2008, 09:54 PM
For what exactly? Being indecisive? Give me a break. We've only heard the Packers side of the story, and Brett claims they're lying. That to me says the truth lies in the grey. The packers are screwing him over royally. "You can come compete" "No you can't come and compete", "We moved on with the a whole new offense this off-season a first ballet hall of famer couldn't possibly pick it up" "Ryan Grant will be the starter when returning" blah blah blah.

I am so embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan these days. It's sickening. Everyone outside of Wisconsin thinks Favre is getting a raw deal, and rightfully so. This organization is supposed to be special and value commitment, dedication, loyalty, etc. Where is the payback for 16 years of blood, sweat and tears?!?

Where is the loyalty and commitment to the other veterans who weathered the bad to see the good? We have a chance to go to the super bowl with Favre. If he came back, it is super bowl or bust. Anything less would be an underachievement. Now, we'll be lucky to make the playoffs. I predict we don't.

I am physically ill over this treatment. What kind of clowns are running this show? Fuck.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
For what exactly? Being indecisive? Give me a break. We've only heard the Packers side of the story, and Brett claims they're lying. That to me says the truth lies in the grey. The packers are screwing him over royally. "You can come compete" "No you can't come and compete", "We moved on with the a whole new offense this off-season a first ballet hall of famer couldn't possibly pick it up" "Ryan Grant will be the starter when returning" blah blah blah.

I am so embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan these days. It's sickening. Everyone outside of Wisconsin thinks Favre is getting a raw deal, and rightfully so. This organization is supposed to be special and value commitment, dedication, loyalty, etc. Where is the payback for 16 years of blood, sweat and tears?!?

Where is the loyalty and commitment to the other veterans who weathered the bad to see the good? We have a chance to go to the super bowl with Favre. If he came back, it is super bowl or bust. Anything less would be an underachievement. Now, we'll be lucky to make the playoffs. I predict we don't.

I am physically ill over this treatment. What kind of clowns are running this show? Fuck.

You're right Partial... the Packers did something to Brett that we may never know.... but your rants are absolutely redic and are not going to change the facts

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Ask the old-timers if Vince would have put up with this. The guys that were around when Lombardi was around.

Partial
08-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I personally thought MM sounded like a tool and a pussy. He isn't mentally well blah blah blah aka Teddy doesn't want him so I'm going to be the guy to do his dirty work.

Pacopete4
Ask the old-timers if Vince would have put up with this. The guys that were around when Lombardi was around.

The Packers woulda never had to know so early back in the day and so Favre woulda decided to play well before he had to report to camp

MJZiggy
I wonder if Favre would even have pulled this kind of shit with Vince...

And before you go all apeshit on me, I'm referring to the media campaign and the waiting to file his papers, playing the public perception games, etc.

I can just hear Vince in June yelling "file the damned paperwork or shut the hell up!!"

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I am so embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan these days. It's sickening

Join the club of the drama queens on here that are embarrassed to be Packer fans.

It's a football team, P, how can you be embarrassed? You didn't raise them, you're a fan of them through random geography.

Now suck it up and quit with all this douchebagery.

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Vince would have Jim Ringo-ed him long ago.

I am very proud of my Green Bay Packers.

Lurker64
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Partial-

If we don't make the playoffs this year, I'm blaming Brett for starting this whole mess. If Favre hadn't unretired (for all the wrong reasons) and made a circus of this we probably would have won 2-3 more games this year.

Murphy looks like a doofus, and Thompson doesn't really look any different than he always has, but McCarthy is a rock and a leader and is 100% right here.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Vince is rolling over in his grave over this balogna.

Did something happen with the Skins?

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I personally thought MM sounded like a tool and a pussy. He isn't mentally well blah blah blah aka Teddy doesn't want him so I'm going to be the guy to do his dirty work.

He sounded like a pussy? He said "I won't have negatives players in my locker room." He took a stand. Even the Pro-Favreites said MM was strong.

And Mike is more firm in his stance than anybody on this team. Mike isn't doing Ted's dirty work.

You really can be such an assclown at times.

The Gunshooter
08-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Favre just had to $hit the bed one last time. I am sure Rodgers really appreciates it. Fucking gray haired prick, go fuck yourself.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM

The Packers woulda never had to know so early back in the day and so Favre woulda decided to play well before he had to report to camp

Rules are rules...training camps, off season meetings, etc. are what it is about..and vince woulda never tolerated some guy waffling year after year.

Never tolerated a guy who clearly had his own special rules...and acted like a prima dona.

Vince woulda dumped his ass long before this...the drunken behavior, the vikes....woulda been GONE!!

Sparkey
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
I personally thought MM sounded like a tool and a pussy.

Takes one to know one heh :?:

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Brett Favre - Does any other quarterback have the ball slip out of his hands this much? As Steve Czaban joked this morning, even though Favre may be a little crazy in his head thinking coming back to the "most talented team he's been a part of" was a good idea, his hands think he is out of his fricking mind. Seriously though, I am really sick of seeing retarded fumbles like that get shown on sports center. That seems to happen to Favre more than any other player. Is it the thumb injury? Also, why the hell are you throwing a ball with no touch on it? When your receiver are 15 yards away you don't need to rifle it. I can count 3 first downs without reviewing any tape that were rocketed balls that weren't necessary that the player did not hold on to. It'll be popular to blame the receivers, but if you don't have guys that can hang onto the ball you need to adjust your game. Yuck.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:08 PM

Partial, you never were a Packer fan. You were and are a Favre fan. End of story. We will be very unfortunate to not make the playoffs. You make it sound like Favre went 13-3 all by himself. This is a good football team, with or without Favre. Open your eyes.

swede
08-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Do yourself a favor, Partial, and write down a timeline of events regarding Favre and his retirement--from early speculation several years ago all the way to the present situation Favre has been the instigator of one distraction after another.

It is incomprehensible to me how someone with an opposable thumb and the ability to turn on a computer could lay the fault for this situation solely upon the Packers and Packer management.

But a cross-dresser came to my garage sale looking for women's clothing and he had barrettes in his beard and for the life of me I couldn't figure that out either. Was he thinking "Go ahead and stare; I live life on my own terms," or was he thinking, "Everyone thinks I'm sooo pretty in these new sandals."

Edit: I can understand the cross-dressing thing and believe that a person's psychological identity isn't necessarily tied to gender. But why wear a beard? Why wear a denim mini, a purple blouse, high heel sandals, falsies and make up and then grow a long, long beard?

That's as crazy as blaming the Favre mess on someone other than Favre.

See! I knew I had a point.

Edit#2: The purple blouse was really pretty. And he bought a nice pink sweater that kind of brought out his blue eyes.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Partial is a Packers fan. He didn't come across as a huge Brett fan before this. I think this whole thing is a bit. I'm going to go back and dig up some dirt on him.
:D

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Partial is a Packers fan. He didn't come across as a huge Brett fan before this. I think this whole thing is a bit. I'm going to go back and dig up some dirt on him.

Don't confuse them. A Packers fan wouldn't jump ship just because #4 is not #1 anymore. Certainly everyone appeared to be a Packers fan before this episode. The Favre fiasco is what brought out everyone's true colors, and it is just now that we are beginning to see the difference. Those who are jumping ship now are not Packers fans, and never were. They probably only got on board when Favre showed up anyhow...

gex
08-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Partial-

If we don't make the playoffs this year, I'm blaming Brett

Unfknbelievable :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
First he's to blame for global warming, right?

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 10:15 PM

Don't confuse them. A Packers fan wouldn't jump ship just because #4 is not #1 anymore. Certainly everyone appeared to be a Packers fan before this episode. The Favre fiasco is what brought out everyone's true colors, and it is just now that we are beginning to see the difference. Those who are jumping ship now are not Packers fans, and never were. They probably only got on board when Favre showed up anyhow...

Thats bullshit.... just because we back a player thats been here longer and done more for us than any GM, Coach, Prez in that building has ever done, do not start thinking you can tell us who is and is not a packer fan....

Lurker64
08-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Partial-

If we don't make the playoffs this year, I'm blaming Brett

Unfknbelievable :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
First he's to blame for global warming, right?

The fact that he drives an Escalade and keeps chartering private jets to go from place to place sure isn't helping...

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 10:16 PM
WE'RE HAVING A WITCH HUNT FOR FAVRE FANS! :D

It's like McCarthyism all over again.

LordFavreism is what we'll call it.

gex
08-05-2008, 10:17 PM

Yeah, from what I know of Vince the only thing he might have done different than Thompson or McCarthy was "Trade him sooner, for anything he can get."

It's odd that Partial would have cited Vince in his invective since Vince Lombardi was a firm believer in two things:

And thats what they should have done and none of this mess would be playing out, bad moves by management.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:19 PM

Thats bullshit.... just because we back a player thats been here longer and done more for us than any GM, Coach, Prez in that building has ever done, do not start thinking you can tell us who is and is not a packer fan....

Did I mention you specifically? I was talking about Partial... unless you too are jumping ship with the departure of #4, then I wasn't talking about you.

Partial
08-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Brett Favre - Does any other quarterback have the ball slip out of his hands this much? As Steve Czaban joked this morning, even though Favre may be a little crazy in his head thinking coming back to the "most talented team he's been a part of" was a good idea, his hands think he is out of his fricking mind. Seriously though, I am really sick of seeing retarded fumbles like that get shown on sports center. That seems to happen to Favre more than any other player. Is it the thumb injury? Also, why the hell are you throwing a ball with no touch on it? When your receiver are 15 yards away you don't need to rifle it. I can count 3 first downs without reviewing any tape that were rocketed balls that weren't necessary that the player did not hold on to. It'll be popular to blame the receivers, but if you don't have guys that can hang onto the ball you need to adjust your game. Yuck.

Harv you've been posting like a real first rate jagoff lately. You know damn well that Favre is one of the best players to ever play, and the Packers have a very good chance at going to and winning the super bowl. Last year's cast was young, most of the core young guys will make HUGE advances this year. And you turn around and post this stupid bullshit? Give me a break man, you know you're doing it just to stir the pot.

Since we've been on these boards, I have had a big problem with playing for today when we had a shitty team and we weren't a top 5 team in the league. Now that we're there, I am frustrated as hell that we are sacrificing a chance at glory. It is so assbackwards it is incomprehensible. By the logic that has gone on this off-season, if Rodgers is lights out and a total dynamo and decides to skip the off-season and hold out next year, we'll move on again and be right where we started. I'm sick of playing for tomorrow when our team is good enough to win the big one today and tomorrow if handled correctly.

Partial
08-05-2008, 10:21 PM

Partial, you never were a Packer fan. You were and are a Favre fan. End of story. We will be very unfortunate to not make the playoffs. You make it sound like Favre went 13-3 all by himself. This is a good football team, with or without Favre. Open your eyes.

No, that is false. I am a packer fan. And thats why I am pissed Chad, Charles, Al, Don, etc will NEVER get a shot at the title because their dumbass boss' boss wanted to go with a first-year, injury-prone player instead of taking a shot at the title. I think its ridiculously rude, and I would be irate if I were one of those players. They should see if they can get traded with Brett and see how well they team does with all the youngens.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:23 PM

No, that is false. I am a packer fan. And thats why I am pissed Chad, Charles, Al, Don, etc will NEVER get a shot at the title because their dumbass boss' boss wanted to go with a first-year, injury-prone player instead of taking a shot at the title. I think its ridiculously rude, and I would be irate if I were one of those players. They should see if they can get traded with Brett and see how well they team does with all the youngens.

Boy oh boy, Partial, I cant wait for Aaron to prove you wrong. Besides, the veterans on this team have expressed supreme confidence in Aaron Rodgers. They truly believe they can win with him. They would have a better idea than you, wouldn't you say?

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 10:23 PM

Jump on the Broom and come get me

I'd suggest a punishment of having to sit in a room with TT for 24 hours straight :lol:

swede
08-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Uncle Partial, could you tell us another story?

Tell the one how some bad men made Brett Favre retire just before he was going to win his second Super Bowl.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 10:24 PM

Boy oh boy, Partial, I cant wait for Aaron to prove you wrong. Besides, the veterans on this team have expressed supreme confidence in Aaron Rodgers. They truly believe they can win with him. They would have a better idea than you, wouldn't you say?

I hope you realize they are playing the PR game Gunakor... the first sign of trouble this season and this team may very well fall apart if its Arod who's sucking

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 10:25 PM

Once upon a time, there was a man named Vince, who brought many championships to Green Bay......

gex
08-05-2008, 10:25 PM
[quote=HarveyWallbangers]Partial is a Packers fan. He didn't come across as a huge Brett fan before this. I think this whole thing is a bit. I'm going to go back and dig up some dirt on him.

Did I mention you specifically? I was talking about Partial... unless you too are jumping ship with the departure of #4, then I wasn't talking about you.

Gunakor, YOU are not a true Packer Fan. Your classless.

Partial
08-05-2008, 10:26 PM

I hope he does. No one would be happier than me. This year is super bowl or bust for me. We have the talent, but why have a 16 year inexperienced driver who has been in two car wrecks with his temps drive the car when the professional stunt driver whos record is perfectly clean is sitting in the backsteat? Doesn't make any sense..

Pacopete4

Once upon a time, there was a man named Vince, who brought many championships to Green Bay......

Ya and I would have backed him as well had he wanted to keep on coaching

Gunakor

I hope you realize they are playing the PR game Gunakor... the first sign of trouble this season and this team may very well fall apart if its Arod who's sucking

Is that really a trait you see in DD and Al and Chuck? Chryst, they know as well as anybody that there will be some growing pains. They also know that they are now the leaders of this team, and will work as hard as Aaron to make sure that doesn't happen. Give the man a chance before you say things like that.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM

I hope he does. No one would be happier than me. This year is super bowl or bust for me. We have the talent, but why have a 16 year inexperienced driver who has been in two car wrecks with his temps drive the car when the professional stunt driver whos record is perfectly clean is sitting in the backsteat? Doesn't make any sense..

It's not super bowl or bust for me. It's simply playoffs or bust for me. You forget that Favre had spent 4 years as a starter before winning a Super Bowl. What, is Rodgers not afforded the same timeframe?

Besides, Favre's record isn't perfectly clean. He's been incredibly mistake prone in the playoffs over the last decade, so I don't think he gives this team as good a shot at a Super Bowl as you do.

Partial

WITH ONE OF THE GREATEST QUARTERBACKS EVER. THEN, SAID QUARTERBACK LEFT AND WE SUCKED BALLS FOR X AMOUNT OF YEARS. WILL HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF? WHO KNOWS. BUT WHY ON EARTH WOULD WE WANT TO FIND OUT AND RISK IT? Give me a known commodity when that commodity is quite skilled and one of the best in the biz any day over an unknown.

Pacopete4

Is that really a trait you see in DD and Al and Chuck? Chryst, they know as well as anybody that there will be some growing pains. They also know that they are now the leaders of this team, and will work as hard as Aaron to make sure that doesn't happen. Give the man a chance before you say things like that.

I didn't say I wasn't giving Arod a chance... but this is going to be a pissed off team if they dont win.. you can take that to the bank

gex
08-05-2008, 10:29 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA what the fuck do you think they are gonna say about tt's boy?

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 10:30 PM

It's not super bowl or bust for me. It's simply playoffs or bust for me. You forget that Favre had spent 4 years as a starter before winning a Super Bowl. What, is Rodgers not afforded the same timeframe?

Besides, Favre's record isn't perfectly clean. He's been incredibly mistake prone in the playoffs over the last decade, so I don't think he gives this team as good a shot at a Super Bowl as you do.

Because Favre didnt walk onto a Super Bowl team.... thats why.... nor did he have 3 years to sit and learn from a legend to do it either

Partial

Why would he be? Do Chad, Don, Chuck, etc have 4 years? Probably not. This team should get back to the championship game at least in my mind. With Favre, I don't see a scenario where they don't. Therefore, unless Rodgers matches or exceeds, the year is a failure. I'm not interested in playing for tomorrow when our team is ready to win today, and by the time tomorrow comes and A-Rod is ready, will we have a left tackle, or two stud corners, or two #1 receivers, etc?

Gunakor

So they are automatically lying??

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 10:31 PM

Was not Favre Ron Wolf's boy?

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 10:31 PM

We'll find out if there are a few losses to start the season... its gonna be a tough start for us

Partial
08-05-2008, 10:32 PM

Yeah - in addition to being the quarterback who holds every record including consecutive games. Favre is remarkably consistent and professional. We'll see if A-Rod can be half the man.

gex
08-05-2008, 10:33 PM

No matter how they feel, Me, you or anybody else are not gonna hear it.
It like saying "well everyone gave 110%"

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Partial.. it's not about DD or Chuck or Al. It's about the Packers. As long as they win one, I don't care who wins it. Favre wasn't winning in the playoffs. He wasn't going to take these guys to a Super Bowl either.

Lurker64
08-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Some Interesting Statistics (http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/05/poll-shows-support-for-franchise.aspx)

According to a recent poll of Wisconsin Residents:
60% said Thompson/McCarthy were most concerned with the future of the franchise.
16% said Favre was most concerned with the future of the franchise.
47% of those polled had a "favorable opinion" of Favre
34% had an "unfavorable opinion" of Favre
(compare to 73% favorable/7% unfavorable last December.)

Support for McCarthy/Thompson was strongest in Milwaukee and favorable opinions of Favre were weakest in Green Bay. Favorable opinions of Favre were strongest in Waukesha, but were still only 56% favorable.

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 10:35 PM

Yeah - in addition to being the quarterback who holds every record including consecutive games. Favre is remarkably consistent and professional. We'll see if A-Rod can be half the man.

So let's get this straight :
Favre held all these records when Wolf brought him to Green Bay?
Funny, I thought he was an undisciplined wild child Atlanta wanted to get rid of.
I remember him as an unknown quantity, since he'd never had the chance to prove himself.
Hmmmm... isn't Rodgers also an unknown quantity who has not yet had the chance to prove himself?

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Partial.. it's not about DD or Chuck or Al. It's about the Packers. As long as they win one, I don't care who wins it. Favre wasn't winning in the playoffs. He wasn't going to take these guys to a Super Bowl either.

There were 12 teams that make the playoffs last year.. How many of those QB's didn't win a playoff game?... 4, how many won the super bowl.... 1

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 10:36 PM

Jump on the Broom and come get me

I'd suggest a punishment of having to sit in a room with TT for 24 hours straight :lol:

I hear that's one of the things the Chinese did to Jack Bauer.

No wonder he came back so messed up.

gex
08-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Some Interesting Statistics (http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/05/poll-shows-support-for-franchise.aspx)

According to a recent poll of Wisconsin Residents:
60% said Thompson/McCarthy were most concerned with the future of the franchise.
16% said Favre was most concerned with the future of the franchise.
47% of those polled had a "favorable opinion" of Favre
34% had an "unfavorable opinion" of Favre
(compare to 73% favorable/7% unfavorable last December.)

Support for McCarthy/Thompson was strongest in Milwaukee and favorable opinions of Favre were weakest in Green Bay. Favorable opinions of Favre were strongest in Waukesha, but were still only 56% favorable.

OH shit, they're breaking out the stats and polls.
:roll:

Tyrone Bigguns

As opposed to the myriad of opps they had with brett at the helm. :roll:

Gunakor

We'll find out if there are a few losses to start the season... its gonna be a tough start for us

Like I said, if Green Bay starts out 3-1, nobody will shut up about this. Favre started 4-0, and that's all TT haters are going to remember. Unless Rodgers goes 16-0, he'll never win the favor of those who think Favre is the biggest thing in life. And that's the truth.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 10:39 PM

Like I said, if Green Bay starts out 3-1, nobody will shut up about this. Favre started 4-0, and that's all TT haters are going to remember. Unless Rodgers goes 16-0, he'll never win the favor of those who think Favre is the biggest thing in life. And that's the truth.

I don't know about the biggest thing in my life... but how could you not be pissed about throwing a season away if Rodgers sucks it up? Its astonishing that you'd even think that way...

gex
08-05-2008, 10:40 PM

Favre is the biggest thing in life. And that's the truth.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:40 PM

There were 12 teams that make the playoffs last year.. How many of those QB's didn't win a playoff game?... 4, how many won the super bowl.... 1

Okay, how about the year before? Or the year before that? I have a DECADE of playoff performances to back me up. Including 2 OT INT's that ended GB's season, a 6 INT game against the Rams, etc. I'm telling you, he's not a SB caliber QB anymore because he's not very good in January anymore.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:41 PM

Favre is the biggest thing in life. And that's the truth.

If you are gonna quote me, quote the whole thing douche...

Fritz
08-05-2008, 10:41 PM
As someone pointed out in another thread, when Favre retired there didn't seem to be much sentiment that Rodgers was a sucky QB.

Now, however, the sentiment seems to be he's not good enough. At all.

The Shadow
08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
You guys are being too hard on Favre in this thread.
Yeah, he's the laughingstock of the NFL right now, but that won't last forever, will it?
Give the poor guy a break.

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:43 PM

I don't know about the biggest thing in my life... but how could you not be pissed about throwing a season away if Rodgers sucks it up? Its astonishing that you'd even think that way...

Rodgers isn't going to suck this season. Now, if you can understand that, the rest of your arguement is bullshit. So for the next couple days I want you to tell yourself that over and over again until you finally convince yourself of it. Then you'll see things in a better light.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 10:45 PM

Okay, how about the year before? Or the year before that? I have a DECADE of playoff performances to back me up. Including 2 OT INT's that ended GB's season, a 6 INT game against the Rams, etc. I'm telling you, he's not a SB caliber QB anymore because he's not very good in January anymore.

1997- Favre
1998- Elway
1999- Elway
2000- Warner
2001- Dilfer
2002- Brady
2003- B. Johnson
2004- Brady
2005- Brady
2006- Rothlesberger
2007- P. Manning
2008- E. Manning

theres a decade for ya... and if you're telling me that Favre is not a better QB other than MAYBE, Elway, Brady, and Manning on that list you're crazy..

gex

Rodgers isn't going to suck this season. Now, if you can understand that, the rest of your arguement is bullshit. So for the next couple days I want you to tell yourself that over and over again until you finally convince yourself of it. Then you'll see things in a better light.

Does getting hurt and missing games count?

swede
I really liked him in the "Monday Morning Quarterback" commercial.

That is a fond memory that no amount of irrational Favre-hatred can destroy.

Pacopete4
08-05-2008, 10:46 PM
As someone pointed out in another thread, when Favre retired there didn't seem to be much sentiment that Rodgers was a sucky QB.

Now, however, the sentiment seems to be he's not good enough. At all.

He probably won't be good enough is the real point here... there are way more Lynn Dickeys than there will ever be Brett Favre/Bart Starr....

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 10:46 PM

1997- Favre
1998- Elway
1999- Elway
2000- Warner
2001- Dilfer
2002- Brady
2003- B. Johnson
2004- Brady
2005- Brady
2006- Rothlesberger
2007- P. Manning
2008- E. Manning

theres a decade for ya... and if you're telling me that Favre is not a better QB other than MAYBE, Elway, Brady, and Manning on that list you're crazy..

You are talking about playoffs dude. What are those QB's stats when you limit the search to only the month of January.

Favre wins alot of games from September through December. He doesn't win very many in January. So your list means nothing to me. At all. Favre has something like 3 wins in 12 games played since SB XXXI.

mission
08-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Partial, you have to be one of the most retarded people to ever post here. Every time you get into a stupid argument, you call someone out, they eat you for breakfast (like i have done) and you wont reply cuz you have nothing to say... cant tell you how many threads where ive seen you owned to the point of ignoring the rest of it.

"a chance at the super bowl" ???

what the fuck was last year?

a chance at the super bowl?

you're either the biggest manfag drama queen ever or you are a meth addict ...

im guessing both.

go back to work at cvs and leave the forum alone.

you make pacopete look like a rocket scientist.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2008, 10:51 PM

Harv you've been posting like a real first rate jagoff lately. You know damn well that Favre is one of the best players to ever play, and the Packers have a very good chance at going to and winning the super bowl. Last year's cast was young, most of the core young guys will make HUGE advances this year. And you turn around and post this stupid bullshit? Give me a break man, you know you're doing it just to stir the pot.

That's a post from you two years ago.

Pacopete4
Mission.. you are a fuckin queer... the end

mission

that's great.

still doesn't make you very bright.

Zool
08-05-2008, 10:52 PM

If you were queer you'd be fuckin too. Dont hate.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-05-2008, 10:54 PM

So, not only are you a terrible poster, but now a homophobe as well.
:oops:

gex
08-05-2008, 10:54 PM

that's great.

mission, go back to your zone, boy

MJZiggy
08-05-2008, 10:55 PM

QFT

Partial, you asked a lot of questions, but there's one I'd like you to answer for me. It's not my question--it came from 6 freaking hours of discussion. "Why should I allow negativity in my locker room?"

mission
08-05-2008, 10:55 PM

Shit, how easy would that be?

Probably as easy it is now (with women) ... :pimp:

:lol: :P

mission
08-05-2008, 10:57 PM

that's great.

mission, go back to your zone, boy

that's the third extraordinarily not-funny or witty or intelligent attempt at an insult you've directed at me...

i should send you an autographed picture of me in a speedo... you'd probably love it with all this fucking stalking you do.

Zool
08-05-2008, 10:58 PM

Gay dudes got it made, well except the one part. I've never asked another dude what he's thinking.

mission
08-05-2008, 11:01 PM

Gay dudes got it made, well except the one part. I've never asked another dude what he's thinking.

I lived in southern cal for 6 years and atlanta for 3 so ive had plenty of opportunities to ask and the general consensus seems to be "man, if i could have chose straight, i would have. it's a lot more difficult dealing with fags"

remember that song? "i wish i was queer, so i could get chicks?"

was funny and true ...

Zool
08-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I lived in southern cal for 6 years and atlanta for 3 so ive had plenty of opportunities to ask and the general consensus seems to be "man, if i could have chose straight, i would have. it's a lot more difficult dealing with fags"

remember that song? "i wish i was queer, so i could get chicks?"

was funny and true ...

Huh, I never would have guessed. I guess shit's the same all over.

mission
08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Closets are small bruh. I cant imagine it being too fun hiding in there all the time.

Zool
08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Ahh but then when they get to come out, they can burst through like a surprise party.

mission
08-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Ahh but then when they get to come out, they can burst through like a surprise party.

No bursting plz

Partial
08-05-2008, 11:22 PM

QFT

Partial, you asked a lot of questions, but there's one I'd like you to answer for me. It's not my question--it came from 6 freaking hours of discussion. "Why should I allow negativity in my locker room?"

Zig zag,

because the negativity will explode to a much higher degree if Rodgers faulters. I don't see why there would be negativity if Favre came back - my thoughts are the vets would be jumping for joy and the youngens would fall in line.

You don't think after the scrimmage there was a big oh shit lump in the throat of a lot of the vets? I don't have a problem with Rodgers besides the fact he is soft and I think he is getting a raw deal himself, but MM and TT are bringing the negativity that currently exists on themselves by not letting two men duke it out and let the better man win.

Zool
08-05-2008, 11:23 PM
You don't think after the scrimmage there was a big oh shit lump in the throat of a lot of the vets? I don't have a problem with Rodgers besides the fact he is soft and I think he is getting a raw deal himself, but MM and TT are bringing the negativity that currently exists on themselves by not letting two men duke it out and let the better man win.

That lump must have been HUGE after the playoff game against the Rams then.

More basketball paraphrasing:

"what are we talkin about? a scrimmage? a scimmage....please"

MJZiggy
08-05-2008, 11:29 PM

QFT

Zig zag,

because the negativity will explode to a much higher degree if Rodgers faulters. I don't see why there would be negativity if Favre came back - my thoughts are the vets would be jumping for joy and the youngens would fall in line.

Because after talking to him for 6 fucking hours M3 couldn't get him to a place that was positive enough that a quarterback competition (which he hadn't ruled out until then) was a feasible answer. Favre is bitter and unhappy NOW-not possibly contingent on something else happening. Six hours Partial. The rest of the team is behind Rodgers come what may. I haven't heard a hint of a word that might suggest otherwise. Maybe the vets thought that the receivers should have held onto the ball better or that the o-line should have done a better job. Maybe the vets are thinking "holy shit--we have a helluva defense this year!" There's something to get excited about. Six hours and it was mutually decided he wouldn't play here. And "Favre's people" have said that M3's depiction of that conversation was accurate. So why are you still bitching?

VegasPackFan
08-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Partial, you fail to realise that the team is behind Rodgers because he actually showed up all off-season, has been dedicated, and acted like a professional the 3 years he sat on the bench waiting for his chance.

If he falters, the team will stand behind him and will continue to fight to win games. And they just might succeed.

Partial
08-05-2008, 11:30 PM

I reiterate again.. would we have been in the game against the rams if it wasn't for Brett Favre carrying our god awful team with one super duper wolverine-esque man?

I'm not going to defend the performance because that would be ridiculous, but how many quarterbacks can take a good team and make them great? Not many. Favre showed last year what he can do with some weapons. Clearly, as a man of faith, I believe the Giants were a team of destiny. Otherwise you go ahead and explain to me all the balogna that happened and all the breaks they got against the pats. The helmet ball is a once in a million thing.. Does the team get to the playoffs against the rams or get to the championship game with a Matt Hasselback, Jon Kitna, Phil Rivers or even a Carson Palmer? I'm not so sure they do. That is a few of the second echelon of QBs in the NFL, and I don't think its realistic to project A-Rod to become as good as them, let alone better.

Sparkey
08-05-2008, 11:46 PM

I reiterate again.. would we have been in the game against the rams if it wasn't for Brett Favre carrying our god awful team with one super duper wolverine-esque man?

I'm not going to defend the performance because that would be ridiculous, but how many quarterbacks can take a good team and make them great? Not many. Favre showed last year what he can do with some weapons. Clearly, as a man of faith, I believe the Giants were a team of destiny. Otherwise you go ahead and explain to me all the balogna that happened and all the breaks they got against the pats. The helmet ball is a once in a million thing.. Does the team get to the playoffs against the rams or get to the championship game with a Matt Hasselback, Jon Kitna, Phil Rivers or even a Carson Palmer? I'm not so sure they do. That is a few of the second echelon of QBs in the NFL, and I don't think its realistic to project A-Rod to become as good as them, let alone better.

The game where three of Favre's picks were returned for touchdowns ?

mission
08-05-2008, 11:48 PM

Yeah. That game.

Partial
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM

How many times did this happen in 2005 when the Packers were simply outmatched? Hmmm, common theme that when they were outmatched big time Favre tried to make a play to keep them in the game. Funny, how that happens in the playoffs where the truly good, deep teams are! Shocking!

How many times did Favre do that last year? Favre showed last year that he had it all a long and his poor play at times was a result of his desire to make plays because someone had to or they would have lost anyway.

My god, you people act like Favre was average last year. Mark my words, you won't see another year of quarterbacking (read: by far and away the most important position on the field that determines single-handedly a good amount of the time whether the team wins or loses) for a long, long, long time, and you will not know what you had until its gone.

Zool
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
reiterate again.. would we have been in the game against the rams if it wasn't for Brett Favre carrying our god awful team with one super duper wolverine-esque man?

But you're trying to predict the mind-set of a football team based on your obviously huge bias and no one can ever tell you you're wrong. So I just keep poking. It was a scrimmage a week into training camp.

bobblehead
08-05-2008, 11:56 PM

Incidentally, if not even ironically we can still call it mccarthyism.....

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 11:57 PM

Hey, you, with the Brett Fave avatar!

You'll be the first to burn....

Partial
08-05-2008, 11:58 PM
reiterate again.. would we have been in the game against the rams if it wasn't for Brett Favre carrying our god awful team with one super duper wolverine-esque man?

But you're trying to predict the mind-set of a football team based on your obviously huge bias and no one can ever tell you you're wrong. So I just keep poking. It was a scrimmage a week into training camp.

No one here is biased. I have no beef with Rodgers besides him being a girly man cake boy. If he wins games, I'm cool with him. I'm upset with the treatment of a legend, and think its foolish and a step backwards to keep playing for tomorrow.

VegasPackFan
08-06-2008, 12:00 AM
I think the only thing that I am ashamed of is these jagoffs booing Rodgers. That is simply disgusting to me, and those people should follow BF to Tampa or wherever where they can continue to show their "loyalty".

Partial
08-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Booing Rodgers is dumb, but at the same time TT isn't on the field so they cannot boo him. I doubt anyone truly has ill-will towards Rodgers outside of him being a cakeboy.

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 12:06 AM
I have no beef with Rodgers besides him being a girly man cake boy.

Um? What? Girly man cake boy? What is this supposed to mean? Or is just this another one of your names that you have come up with that you find clever and everybody else finds irritating?

Zool
08-06-2008, 12:08 AM
No one here is biased. I have no beef with Rodgers besides him being a girly man cake boy. If he wins games, I'm cool with him. I'm upset with the treatment of a legend, and think its foolish and a step backwards to keep playing for tomorrow.

You are absolutely biased against Rodgers. I can respect that, but I cant respect your denial of it.

VegasPackFan
There's no excuse for that behavior. It's totally ignorant.

I think we will find out that there actually are alot of Favre fans that never were really Packer fans. I am not making that judgement on anyone here, but I have actually met people that say they became Pack fans because they loved watching and rooting for Favre. I wonder how many of them will stay on the GB bandwagon now.

Freak Out
Booing Rodgers is dumb, but at the same time TT isn't on the field so they cannot boo him. I doubt anyone truly has ill-will towards Rodgers outside of him being a cakeboy.

Cakeboy? Is that the well groomed guy with his bride on top of all the wedding cakes? I never looked that good in a Tux.

bobblehead
08-06-2008, 12:12 AM

Hey, you, with the Brett Fave avatar!

You'll be the first to burn....

Hoosier picked it for me....burn him.

bobblehead
08-06-2008, 12:13 AM

That was a serious grade A power serving harvey....hope you don't dig into my past and find any of the stupid shit I have said and done.

Partial
08-06-2008, 12:14 AM

You are absolutely biased against Rodgers. I can respect that, but I cant respect your denial of it.

Really, I have no bias. I hope he wins. I hope we get a super bowl. How can one be bias against someone who has never won a game? Talk is cheap and potential is just that. I'm a show me guy. He hasn't shown anything yet. Favre consistently displayed that he was one of the best of the best of the best, even at 38 or however old the geezer is.

Guiness
08-06-2008, 12:16 AM

Ya, well I remember when the vets in Buffalo expressed their supreme confidence in Rob Johnson.

Just sayin'

Partial
08-06-2008, 12:19 AM

That was a serious grade A power serving harvey....hope you don't dig into my past and find any of the stupid shit I have said and done.

OK.. I respectfully disagree. Favre had a bad year trying to make plays... He threw 28 picks in that year. Yuck. But last year, with talent around him, he played one of the most impressive years in the history of quarterbacking. He still has it and is as talented as ever. The only thing that changes is the talent around him.

bobblehead
08-06-2008, 12:37 AM

OK.. I respectfully disagree. Favre had a bad year trying to make plays... He threw 28 picks in that year. Yuck. But last year, with talent around him, he played one of the most impressive years in the history of quarterbacking. He still has it and is as talented as ever. The only thing that changes is the talent around him.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment...but I do respect you acknowledging the post. I think it was 29 picks, but if he would have thrown away about half of those we would have won more games...he was out of control and MM got him back in control....just like I said in the other thread. He should be kissing MM's feet and thanking MM and TT for putting him in a position to win another superbowl....but instead he retired.

I do not think he is as talented as ever, but he is capable of being a probowler still....IF HE LISTENS TO MM, but he doesn't want to, so he quit, now he wants to come back cuz he is pissed at MM for actually holding him accountable...he should have thanked him...but he quit. I see a reoccurring theme here.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 07:19 AM
I personally thought MM sounded like a tool and a pussy. He isn't mentally well blah blah blah aka Teddy doesn't want him so I'm going to be the guy to do his dirty work.nO, the tool and a pussy was Mike Sherman. He left three years ago becuase of it.

Zool
08-06-2008, 07:22 AM

Really, I have no bias. I hope he wins. I hope we get a super bowl. How can one be bias against someone who has never won a game? Talk is cheap and potential is just that. I'm a show me guy. He hasn't shown anything yet. Favre consistently displayed that he was one of the best of the best of the best, even at 38 or however old the geezer is.

If you have no bias against Rodgers, you can stop calling him soft, injury prone and cake boy for now. Stop calling him TT's boy and like Aaron said "get the fuck on the bus".

vince
08-06-2008, 08:05 AM
What is TT thinking????? OMG, the sky is falling, the SKY IS FALLING!!!!

It's like deja vu all over again.

SkinBasket
08-06-2008, 08:12 AM

http://narkz.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/pwned_cat1.jpg.w300h275.jpg

mmmdk
08-06-2008, 08:15 AM

Actually MM sounded incredible; great leader and communicator. TT should learn a few things from him

I think you hit the nail (pretty much); TT is very articulate and I consider TT honest yet this ordeal blew him away a bit. As for Favre, in my book, he lost credibility big time. Not on the field though plus most of his years in Green Bay were fine. Still, Favre and all the recent whining for nearly 5 years resulted in infantile and personal attacks on TT which he'll carry too as part of his legacy. Favre is human and very spoiled as are many Packer fans; 'cos here AR and I wish Rodgers the best along with the rest of the Packers.

PACKERS4EVER :pack:

pbmax
08-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Actually, in the last three days, Favre has regained his footing with me. I agree with what McGinn is saying the football braintrust believes (that Favre cannot win at the highest levels anymore), but as for his character, he has restored some of my confidence.

He refused the 10 year 20-25 million licensing deal. Sure it may be on the table later, but there was easy money to be made now and he refused. One point.

He has maintained he wants to play and is considering other teams given that he feels he cannot return to Green Bay. One point.

Since its Tampa and the Jets, it would seem that he might have to restructure and that might mean that he gets less money early compared to his current deal. One point.

I have zero problem with Favre wanting to play to earn the big money. If I could, I would. I have no problem with him trying to put the games won, TDS and consectutive starts streaks past the point of threatened by Manning. I wouldn't want that jokester to break my records five years after I retire either.

At this point, if he is sincerely talking to the Jets and Bucs, my recommendation to T2 would be to give the Vikings a shot at an offer. They might blow the Jets away.

sheepshead
08-06-2008, 10:36 AM

This.

And the Packers are far from the laughing stock of the NFL.

Its not like 31 other teams were lining up to sign/trade for Favre.

Indeed!

gex
08-06-2008, 10:36 AM
HHHMMMM,
Why is it every time I turn on ESPN or any other sports show they are laughing at Packer management and saying how bad they handled this situation? FORMER NFL PLAYERS.

Oh thats right, the haters on this forum are way more knowledgeable than everyone else, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Shadow
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
HHHMMMM,
Why is it every time I turn on ESPN or any other sports show they are laughing at Packer management and saying how bad they handled this situation? FORMER NFL PLAYERS.

Oh thats right, the haters on this forum are way more knowledgeable than everyone else, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tiresome. Go back to the Hannah Montana cd.

Bossman641
08-06-2008, 10:42 AM
HHHMMMM,

Cause ESPN is on Favre's nuts. They've got the left, you've got the right.

If you look at local writers or just other websites (* Hint - NOT ESPN) you will find a lot more support for the organization.

I've generally found this to be true. Favre has a lot more support from fans on ESPN, the same fans who don't know the whole story and just believe a legend is getting a raw deal. The closer you get to the situation, you find that people who actually know the whole story back the organization.

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 10:45 AM
HHHMMMM,

Former NFL Players? What, because they played in the NFL they are more knowledgenble. You think in 20 years we're going to be turning to Marshawn Lynch and Patrick Crayton for NFL analysis?

A good portion of the posters here know more than the talking heads on ESPN.

gex
08-06-2008, 10:46 AM
HHHMMMM,

If you look at local writers or just other websites (* Hint - NOT ESPN) you will find a lot more support for the organization.

I've generally found this to be true. Favre has a lot more support from fans on ESPN, the same fans who don't know the whole story and just believe a legend is getting a raw deal. The closer you get to the situation, you find that people who actually know the whole story back the organization.

I don't buy it the whole thing has been dragged out for the whole world to see.
Everyone knows the story that we know.

gex
08-06-2008, 10:51 AM
HHHMMMM,

Former NFL Players? What, because they played in the NFL they are more knowledgenble. You think in 20 years we're going to be turning to Marshawn Lynch and Patrick Crayton for NFL analysis?

A good portion of the posters here know more than the talking heads on ESPN.

HAHAHA,
Wheres the EGO thread
you just lost all credibility!

YEA ballhawk I do
They played the game(i'm not talking analysts)

Bossman641
08-06-2008, 10:58 AM
HHHMMMM,

I don't buy it the whole thing has been dragged out for the whole world to see.
Everyone knows the story that we know.

I highly doubt most people, whether they be ESPN analysts or just users posting comments on articles, check message boards to anywhere near the frequency that we do.

We are the diehards, we know the ins and outs, we know the whole story. They are just famous people with a mic placed in front of their face. I respect most posters' opinions on here (whether with me or against me) a lot more then I do the "analysts."

pbmax
08-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Because these are the same people who guarantee that the Patriots will go 19-0. The same people who said the Patriots now hate their coach after letting Lawyer Milloy go (same season they won Super Bowl No.2 I believe).

Ex players do not run teams or personnel depts. They are at times less informed than you, who study this matter daily. Trust me when I tell you they think about this for a very short amount of time. And since their value is having played the game and been in the locker room, their best insights might be if they actually came to Green Bay, peeked into the locker room and stayed for practice. Which they don't

Ed Werder still thinks people left the scrimmage to see Favre at the airport and he doesn't realize that the scrimmage was under rain delay. He also thinks that Greg Jennings was wide open on Rodger INT. He still doesn't know that it wasn't Jennings and the coverage was good.

If any of the heads on ESPN came to Green Bay, they would realize that at least a plurality of fans are backing the team. If you limit it to the future of the franchise, support for the franchise is over 60%. Favre is below 50% approval.

But listening to ESPN, I keep expecting Favre revolutionaries to overrun the state. They have no idea what is going on.

HHHMMMM,

Zool
08-06-2008, 11:03 AM
HHHMMMM,

Because you see only what you choose to see. There's the same amount on both sides. Not that you care about other opinions.

pbmax
08-06-2008, 11:09 AM
How many GMs and coaches in the NFL are ex NFL players? How many team presidents?

There are three teams currently lusting after Favre (if you believe the Minnesota connection). According to the same talking heads, there were upwards of a dozen teams who could use Favre.

Where are those teams in the chase? Apparently the ESPN heads think they are a laughingstock too. How many of the talking head players speak to active NFL players about this? How many speak to GMs and coaches? Virtualy none, assuming if they did they might mention it on the air.

Go ahead and side with the ex players. I will take the judgment of 29 NFL teams.

HHHMMMM,

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 11:17 AM
HHHMMMM,

Oh thats right, the haters on this forum are way more knowledgeable than everyone else, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:First of all, ESPN is so far up BRett's ass they know what he had for breakfast yesterday. ESPN is not an objective newssource. Second, Players will ALWAYS side with players. ALWAYS.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 11:20 AM
How many GMs and coaches in the NFL are ex NFL players? How many team presidents?

There are three teams currently lusting after Favre (if you believe the Minnesota connection). According to the same talking heads, there were upwards of a dozen teams who could use Favre.

Where are those teams in the chase? Apparently the ESPN heads think they are a laughingstock too. How many of the talking head players speak to active NFL players about this? How many speak to GMs and coaches? Virtualy none, assuming if they did they might mention it on the air.

Go ahead and side with the ex players. I will take the judgment of 29 NFL teams.

HHHMMMM,

Oh thats right, the haters on this forum are way more knowledgeable than everyone else, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:Well the Packers currently employ one both as GM and as team president. The Lions have Millen.

prsnfoto
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM

Thats funny because Forrest Gregg retired 5 times and unretired 5 times and I am pretty sure they didn't send him packing nor did he have to win his job back.

Cheesehead Craig
08-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Do yourself a favor, Partial, and write down a timeline of events regarding Favre and his retirement--from early speculation several years ago all the way to the present situation Favre has been the instigator of one distraction after another.

It is incomprehensible to me how someone with an opposable thumb and the ability to turn on a computer could lay the fault for this situation solely upon the Packers and Packer management.

But a cross-dresser came to my garage sale looking for women's clothing and he had barrettes in his beard and for the life of me I couldn't figure that out either. Was he thinking "Go ahead and stare; I live life on my own terms," or was he thinking, "Everyone thinks I'm sooo pretty in these new sandals."

Edit: I can understand the cross-dressing thing and believe that a person's psychological identity isn't necessarily tied to gender. But why wear a beard? Why wear a denim mini, a purple blouse, high heel sandals, falsies and make up and then grow a long, long beard?

Edit#2: The purple blouse was really pretty. And he bought a nice pink sweater that kind of brought out his blue eyes.
I laughed my ass off on this one Swede! This needed to be recognized.

sheepshead
08-06-2008, 11:29 AM
HHHMMMM,

Your first mistake is watching that much ESPN.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Thats funny because Forrest Gregg retired 5 times and unretired 5 times and I am pretty sure they didn't send him packing nor did he have to win his job back.

In those days, the offseason consisted of players going home and working at a full-time job. Players got in shape during a grueling training camp. Retirement aside, Vince wouldn't have put up with the bullcrap. There are numerous cases of Vince shipping a guy out of town for the smallest of reasons.

Cheesehead Craig
08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Union vs management. Union guys stick together and they'll always feel like they have to support anyone in the union when they have a disagreement with management. The ex-players still have that loyalty to the union even after they are done playing.

I think it's more on that union loyalty that they are siding with Brett than any actual factual research.

javqa
08-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Partial-

If we don't make the playoffs this year, I'm blaming Brett for starting this whole mess. If Favre hadn't unretired (for all the wrong reasons) and made a circus of this we probably would have won 2-3 more games this year.

I'm with you all the way!

how much energy did the coach and gm waste on this???????

Partial
08-06-2008, 11:58 AM

In those days, the offseason consisted of players going home and working at a full-time job. Players got in shape during a grueling training camp. Retirement aside, Vince wouldn't have put up with the bullcrap. There are numerous cases of Vince shipping a guy out of town for the smallest of reasons.

So what about Ryan Grant? He sat out all off-season. What about Chuck Woodson and Al who historically has skipped any OTAs and workouts (they made rare appearances this yeaR) in favor of working out on their own?

Partial
08-06-2008, 11:59 AM

If you have no bias against Rodgers, you can stop calling him soft, injury prone and cake boy for now. Stop calling him TT's boy and like Aaron said "get the fuck on the bus".

Once he shows that he is not injury prone by starting a two full seasons, then he'll lose that title. Right now all signs point to injury prone and soft. Aaron has no right to tell anyone what to do because he hasn't done anything. I'm not going to support him until he gives me a reason to - the same way real men, including brett favre, had to make their way.

FritzDontBlitz
08-06-2008, 12:18 PM

Hiring Ari Fleischer to help with PR was proof enough.

Guiness
08-06-2008, 12:22 PM

I laughed my ass off on this one Swede! This needed to be recognized.

It's a toss-up between this one, and News Bruin's post about TT doing some interpretive dance at his press conference

I would like to express my feelings about that untruth through an interpretive dance based on the Cindi Lauper song, "Time After Time."

This boredom induced by this silliness has brought out the creative side in these two!

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Once he shows that he is not injury prone by starting a two full seasons, then he'll lose that title. Right now all signs point to injury prone and soft. Aaron has no right to tell anyone what to do because he hasn't done anything. I'm not going to support him until he gives me a reason to - the same way real men, including brett favre, had to make their way.

He broke his foot against the Pats and kept on playing. Most people break their foot and go down like a sack of rocks. Soft is far from it. Multiple hamstring pulls, concussions, abdominal strains....that's what you have to worry about when you're talking "injury prone." He broke his foot, he can't control that.

If anybody is a "cakeboy" it's your boy Will Blackmon. There's a guy that can't stay healthy.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2008, 12:42 PM

He broke his foot against the Pats and kept on playing. Most people break their foot and go down like a sack of rocks. Soft is far from it. Multiple hamstring pulls, concussions, abdominal strains....that's what you have to worry about when you're talking "injury prone." He broke his foot, he can't control that.

If anybody is a "cakeboy" it's your boy Will Blackmon. There's a guy that can't stay healthy.

I worry about his durability, but he only got injured once in the games he's played in--the New England game. He's played about 12 preseason games and a few regular season games. The injury after the Dallas game happened in practice, so he got injured once in three years of practice. He got injured once in about 15 actual games. Now, he has to prove he's durable, but I won't call him soft because he got injured in one out of 15 games and got injured in one practice in three years.

Partial
08-06-2008, 12:46 PM

Just because he toughed it out does not negate the fact he had a season ending injury.

Funny, how Blackmon has had almost identical injury history to Aaron and we all think he can't stay healthy yet Aaron is chiseled out of wood! :lol:

PackerTimer
08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Blackman has been injured more than Rodgers.

Spaulding
08-06-2008, 12:49 PM

Guess I draw a line there. He's the Packers starting QB and if you're a fan you support him. You may not respect him yet as he's not proven himself but you still support him. Even if you still aren't a fan of Rodgers, you should support him for the simple reason that if he does well then the team is likely to be successfully as well.

Badgepack
08-06-2008, 12:54 PM
I am so embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan these days. It's sickening. Everyone outside of Wisconsin thinks Favre is getting a raw deal, and rightfully so.

I live well outside of Wisconsin and most everyone that I talk to thinks that Favre has lost his mind.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 12:54 PM

Guess I draw a line there. He's the Packers starting QB and if you're a fan you support him. You may not respect him yet as he's not proven himself but you still support him. Even if you still aren't a fan of Rodgers, you should support him for the simple reason that if he does well then the team is likely to be successfully as well.Yeah, its kindo fo hypocritcal that he rips on me for not supporting Favre while he refuses to support Rodgers. Hmmmmm.

Sparkey
08-06-2008, 01:17 PM

The REASON as you put it is because YOU ARE A PACKER FAN and he is their STARTING QUARTERBACK, therefore if you support the team you support the MEMBERS OF THAT TEAM. If you do not support him, then you are not a real PACKER FAN. Really a simple choice. Only an asshat, as you would say, could not make that distinction.

Partial
08-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Guess I draw a line there. He's the Packers starting QB and if you're a fan you support him. You may not respect him yet as he's not proven himself but you still support him. Even if you still aren't a fan of Rodgers, you should support him for the simple reason that if he does well then the team is likely to be successfully as well.Yeah, its kindo fo hypocritcal that he rips on me for not supporting Favre while he refuses to support Rodgers. Hmmmmm.

Respect is the right word. Support is the wrong word. I'll support him and hope he does well and proves my doubts wrong.

Sparkey
08-06-2008, 01:22 PM

Respect is the right word. Support is the wrong word. I'll support him and hope he does well and proves my doubts wrong.

Are you Brett Favre ? I mean you don't support him in one post, then next say that, ah yes, I do support him.?

Want any maple syrup with that waffle ?

Freak Out
08-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Sparkey....I'm almost afraid to ask.....what the hell is your Avatar?

Zool
08-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Looks like a stomach with a lap-band on it.

Sparkey
08-06-2008, 01:36 PM

LOL, check out the link. Found it trying to find a good avatar to match my fantasy football team name since my yahoo id is nothing close to my username here.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page955.html

Needless to say, the image makes you go hmmmm?!?!?!

Freak Out
08-06-2008, 01:43 PM

LOL, check out the link. Found it trying to find a good avatar to match my fantasy football team name since my yahoo id is nothing close to my username here.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page955.html

Needless to say, the image makes you go hmmmm?!?!?!

:lol:

Oxidization is a wonderful thing.

Thanks Sparkey.