PDA

View Full Version : GM Ted Thompson Press Conference 11:30 AM 8/6/08

packers11
08-05-2008, 10:48 PM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/packers_on_air_schedule/

Wednesday, Aug. 6
approx 11:30am GM Ted Thompson Press Conference (Tune In Live*)

Thats a random time for a press conference. I wonder what Ted is going to say.

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Ted will say what he always says....

Nothing.

Zool
08-05-2008, 10:50 PM
I believe he will be reading Robert Frosts poem The Road Not Taken.

Joemailman
08-05-2008, 10:52 PM
I think he'll introduce everybody to his bodyguards.

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 10:59 PM

Nothing.

We'd like to thank Brett Favre for his great years of service....yadayadayada

We've mutually decided to move forward with our current group of quarterbacks and we're excited about the team and it's prospects........yadayadayada

We're placing Brett on some inactive list and are not requiring Brett attends practices at this time for the best interests of everybody involved.......yadayadayada

Thanks for your support

Gunakor
08-05-2008, 11:01 PM

Nothing.

We'd like to thank Brett Favre for his great years of service....yadayadayada

We've mutually decided to move forward with our current group of quarterbacks and we're excited about the team and it's prospects........yadayadayada

We're placing Brett on some inactive list and are not requiring Brett attends practices at this time for the best interests of everybody involved.......yadayadayada

Thanks for your support

So... nothing then, right?

BallHawk
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM

I've always fancied Ted as a "Nothing Gold Can Stay" type of guy.

Zool
08-05-2008, 11:06 PM

Its a metaphor. Rodgers is the road less traveled. Cmon people loosen up.

Farley Face
08-05-2008, 11:11 PM
This news conference has been scheduled for more than a week. Another on the slate for 8/13. Normal course of business, only this year with a heavy dose of drama.

Bretsky
08-05-2008, 11:23 PM
This news conference has been scheduled for more than a week. Another on the slate for 8/13. Normal course of business, only this year with a heavy dose of drama.

If I was TT I'd hide in my chambers trying to make a deal trading Favre rather than get grilled on questions about it

Jimx29
08-05-2008, 11:49 PM
I think he'll introduce everybody to his bodyguards.That would be the only smart thing he's done throughout this whole mess.

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 12:16 AM

Its a metaphor. Rodgers is the road less traveled. Cmon people loosen up.Mine was a metaphor, too. Nothing gold can stay....all good things must come to an end....

wpony
08-06-2008, 12:28 AM
TT is probably going to tell another lie prepared by his press secretary i dont blame m3 after his pc today but I believe TT has blown this since it started :evil:

NewsBruin
08-06-2008, 12:46 AM
"I called this press conference to dispel some myths about myself and the Packer organization.

First is the concern that by my low media profile, I don't care about the long-term success, financially and on-the-field, of the Green Bay Packers. I would like to express my feelings about that untruth through an interpretive dance based on the Cindi Lauper song, "Time After Time."

In the meantime, Packer Director of Football Registration Reggie McKenzie and Director of Player Development Rob Davis will reenact our contract negotiation with Ryan Grant underwater while our IT staff performs Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet Suite on flutophones and an assortment of wine glasses.

Coach Mike McCarthy is a dedicated coaching prodigy whose only concern is team chemistry and an annually improved product on the field. As you can see, he's in an all-black bodysuit, except for the miner's hat and "sad clown" makeup, and will be painting avant-garde works against the west atrium. He will be available for one-on-one interviews and give one painting to any credentialled media member, in exchange for cheese for his cat, Camus.

I hope this enlightens the media on how we have proceded during this unprecedented week as a football team and gives confidence to our fans, ticketholders, and stock owners that we are doing the best we can to move on in a fair and proactive way.

Now saddle my elephant, Yves."

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Ballhawk, I think you ought to line up for your Packer-Bucs tickets at 11:30 tomorrow. Bring your transistor radio (you know, the one you take to the beach and listen to surf music with) and keep tabs on the news conference. If the trade goes through - buy.

SMACKTALKIE
08-06-2008, 01:06 AM

Its a metaphor. Rodgers is the road less traveled. Cmon people loosen up.Mine was a metaphor, too. Nothing gold can stay....all good things must come to an end....

I think a little Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentile Into that Dark Night," would be in order here. There's even a refrence to "Green Bay" in the poem.

SnakeLH2006
08-06-2008, 02:30 AM
TT is probably going to tell another lie prepared by his press secretary i dont blame m3 after his pc today but I believe TT has blown this since it started :evil:

TT blowing his secretary?? Wouldn't doubt it, but Ed Werder just texted me with breaking info confirming TT has developed a special relationship with that boy tied up in the crawlspace. :oops:

Zool
08-06-2008, 07:32 AM

Yeah didnt mean to single you out BH. Mainly I was in the thread jacking mood lastnight.

sheepshead
08-06-2008, 07:36 AM
good laughs!

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 07:39 AM

If I was TT I'd hide in my chambers trying to make a deal trading Favre rather than get grilled on questions about itWhat if he egets the deal done beforehand?

Fritz
08-06-2008, 07:47 AM
"I called this press conference to dispel some myths about myself and the Packer organization.

First is the concern that by my low media profile, I don't care about the long-term success, financially and on-the-field, of the Green Bay Packers. I would like to express my feelings about that untruth through an interpretive dance based on the Cindi Lauper song, "Time After Time."

In the meantime, Packer Director of Football Registration Reggie McKenzie and Director of Player Development Rob Davis will reenact our contract negotiation with Ryan Grant underwater while our IT staff performs Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet Suite on flutophones and an assortment of wine glasses.

Coach Mike McCarthy is a dedicated coaching prodigy whose only concern is team chemistry and an annually improved product on the field. As you can see, he's in an all-black bodysuit, except for the miner's hat and "sad clown" makeup, and will be painting avant-garde works against the west atrium. He will be available for one-on-one interviews and give one painting to any credentialled media member, in exchange for cheese for his cat, Camus.

I hope this enlightens the media on how we have proceded during this unprecedented week as a football team and gives confidence to our fans, ticketholders, and stock owners that we are doing the best we can to move on in a fair and proactive way.

Hilarious.

By the way, can't anyone even muster up the fantasy or rumor that TT is calling this to announce The Trade?

Bretsky
08-06-2008, 08:12 AM

If I was TT I'd hide in my chambers trying to make a deal trading Favre rather than get grilled on questions about itWhat if he egets the deal done beforehand?

dude he's still the turtle :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
08-06-2008, 08:55 AM
I'll give you props on this one Zool. Brilliant.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 08:57 AM

dude he's still the turtle :lol:Well, the trade does probably involve his catnip - draft picks. :D

oregonpackfan
08-06-2008, 09:07 AM

Or maybe The Road Less Traveled.

LL2
08-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Hopefully he announces a trade has been finalized and everyone can move on with their lives. Please say it is so TT!

Zool
08-06-2008, 10:17 AM

Or maybe The Road Less Traveled.

?

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM

Hilarious.

By the way, can't anyone even muster up the fantasy or rumor that TT is calling this to announce The Trade?NO becuase this PC was set up before trade talks even began.

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Does anybody find Scott Hanson the most over dramatic sports reporter on TV?

boiga
08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Well, the PC got delayed, so hopefully he's busy finalizing a deal.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
TT's press conference is now listed as TBA. The plot thickens..........

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Yup, they stopped the steam and now it's down as TBA.

imscott72
08-06-2008, 11:27 AM
interesting. Must be working out the trade.

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 11:28 AM

Let's hope it is the case.....to Tampa. I want to play against Brett.

But TT could just be held up doing something else. Who knows?

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 11:30 AM

Let's hope it is the case.....to Tampa. I want to play against Brett.

But TT could just be held up doing something else. Who knows?

Blowing his secretary again?

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 11:32 AM
CPK, I've always wondered what the 1994 is for in your screen name.

Care to elaborate?

Guiness
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM

Glad to see you around NB. I remember you way back to the pre-hacker days at JSO! I seem to remember you posting some time ago...have you just been lurking?

Guiness
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM

Care to elaborate?

I'm guessing the year he was born...he seems to be about 14yrs old to me.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 12:29 PM

Care to elaborate?

I'm guessing the year he was born...he seems to be about 14yrs old to me.Wrong. Try high school graduation.

red
08-06-2008, 12:35 PM
hopefully its to announce his resignation

Spaulding
08-06-2008, 12:55 PM
hopefully its to announce his resignation

Resignation at the whole drama? If so I'm sure he does :D

GBRulz
08-06-2008, 04:49 PM

Care to elaborate?

I'm guessing the year he was born...he seems to be about 14yrs old to me.Wrong. Try high school graduation.

Proof that many men don't mature even after 30 :lol: :twisted:

Zool
08-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Proof that many men don't mature even after 30 :lol: :twisted:

What you tryin to say?