PDA

View Full Version : Report: Favre on Verge of Joining Bucs

th87
08-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Yup, another Favre thread.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/story/favre-on-verge-of-joining-bucs/

mission
08-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Watch TT end up pulling off some crazy trade like 9 1st rounders and a night with Garcia's wife for a year of Brett ...

Or maybe we'll get a fourth instead of all that craziness...

Which, ya think?

Enough already, though. I almost have this feeling that sports editors are being instructed to sit at their desks and construct the most ridiculous "this is next brett favre" article because there is absolutely ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY involved in this topic from a journalistic standpoint.

So many stories have been wrong so far that it's just ok to post something up, cuz hey, if it's not right, big deal ... neither was "that one" ...

Media circus is an understatement.

A circus is like when some child molestor gets arraigned from his case and a bunch of reporters are standing outside his house...

This ain't no fuckin circus, folks... this is like the Disneyland of circuses.

Badgerinmaine
08-06-2008, 06:31 AM
This is the story that ESPN is citing this morning

What disturbs me are all the people posting on that blog who claim to have been longtime Packers fans who now plan to abandon their allegiance to the team. People can disagree about how all of this was handled, but the Packers to me are so much more than any one player--even if it's the greatest player in team history. I stayed a Packers fan when Bart Starr retired and when Reggie White went to play in Carolina, and I'll still be a Packers fan if Brett Favre is wearing a pewter helmet this fall.

packrulz
08-06-2008, 06:55 AM
This whole thing was all about Favre, not about the team. I think it sucks the way the fans booed ARod at the scrimmage and chanted for Favre at the minicamps, give the guy a chance.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 06:57 AM
This is the story that ESPN is citing this morning

What disturbs me are all the people posting on that blog who claim to have been longtime Packers fans who now plan to abandon their allegiance to the team. People can disagree about how all of this was handled, but the Packers to me are so much more than any one player--even if it's the greatest player in team history. I stayed a Packers fan when Bart Starr retired and when Reggie White went to play in Carolina, and I'll still be a Packers fan if Brett Favre is wearing a pewter helmet this fall.IF they want to abandon the team, fine. THey can leave their tickets behind too. THere are 60,00 fans who sill snap tose up in a heartbeat.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 06:59 AM
This whole thing was all about Favre, not about the team. I think it sucks the way the fans booed ARod at the scrimmage and chanted for Favre at the minicamps, give the guy a chance.I agree about the scrimmage, but to be fair at the last practive, They wer expecting Favcre to be there, so I will cut them slack for it. Now if they do it again going forward.....