PDA

View Full Version : The Questions?

wpony
08-06-2008, 03:23 AM
You know when Brett return he was told he would get to compete finaly he looked happy at fan night driver looked happy along with alot of veterans after TT said it would be open to competion that was a big lie right there probably told to him by his press secretay the same one that got the USA in a war by telling bush how to lie about all the weapons of mass destruction.
Lets just hope m3 and Brett figure out how to bury the hatchet and not in Lieing thiefing TTs back :bs2:

Lurker64
08-06-2008, 03:44 AM
I don't believe Thompson lied. I believe Thompson heard from McCarthy that there would be a quarterback competition, but when McCarthy spoke to Favre he determined that Favre had not unretired for the right reasons and would be a negative influence on the locker room whether or not he's competing, starting, or backing up. So their won't be a competition of any kind unless Favre convinces McCarthy that he can be a positive influence on the locker room, which is a reasonable standard to hold him to.

So while Thompson may have insinuated something that turned out not to be true, I believe that he did not knowingly mislead anybody, and I believe McCarthy's actions as pertains Favre are both fair and reasonable.

You can't really blame somebody for saying something that turns out not to be true but with no intent to mislead somebody. If I'm holding a party and I say there's going to be cake at the party, and I commission and pay for a massive cake, but the cake never arrives because the vehicle of the people delivering the cake broke down and they were unable to arrive in time for the party in time for people to have cake, you can't really heap a tremendous amount of scorn at my feet because I mislead you about the cake. I did everything in my power to bring you cake, and Thompson did everything in his power for there to be a QB competition. Though ultimately, the decision of "what to do with Brett Favre as a member of the Green Bay Packers" comes down to Mike McCarthy not Ted Thompson, so any promises Thompson made about there being any sort of QB competition were empty to begin with, and anybody following along at home should have known that.

wpony
08-06-2008, 03:49 AM
I believe you about m3 but not TT any more the last straw was when he hired the press secretay they just teach you new ways to lie

Patler
08-06-2008, 04:00 AM
I believe you about m3 but not TT any more the last straw was when he hired the press secretay they just teach you new ways to lie

I don't know for sure, but I suspect this was a hire by Murphy, not TT. I don't think a PR consultant would come under TT's control of football operations. More likely corporate, and therefore Murphy.

th87
08-06-2008, 04:45 AM
While it's true that Favre has been acting poorly with all this, it is nonetheless extremely sad that things had to be this way.

No bad guys, just life.

Patler
08-06-2008, 05:26 AM
While it's true that Favre has been acting poorly with all this, it is nonetheless extremely sad that things had to be this way.

No bad guys, just life.

Agreed. Favre and the Packers seemed to be the perfect match. It will be sad if either holds ill feelings toward the other for very long after this is finally over with.

Badgerinmaine
08-06-2008, 05:41 AM
I completely agree with both of you, but it's hard to picture that the bad blood will go away soon. I wish it weren't so, but with how many twists and turns there have been in this, I just can't be optimistic.

By the way, have any of you noticed the poll the Journal Sentinel is running this morning? Now, any voluntary poll like that has no guarantee of all of being a representative sample, but it's interesting that given a choice of who people hold most to blame for the whole situation with Favre (the choices are Thompson, McCarthy and Favre), that only about one in ten is saying Favre (TT is the runaway winner, if you want to call it that, now.)

mission
08-06-2008, 05:44 AM

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/94/13/23111394.jpg

Rastak
08-06-2008, 06:32 AM

No bad guys, just life.

Agreed. Favre and the Packers seemed to be the perfect match. It will be sad if either holds ill feelings toward the other for very long after this is finally over with.

I would think the Packers will care, but not that much and Favre sounds really pissed. I'm sure he cares too but he'd need to swallow his pride to ever show up back there if the conversation and feelings McCarthy seemed to allude to are accurate.