PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre's Big Problem

packers04
08-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Brett is like a lost puppy without his father. He relied on his father to keep him in line, help him with decisions, and to guide him through even his adult life. when brett lost his father, he lost his compass. i feel bad for brett. i really do. i think if his father had been alive through out all this, things would be really different. i really think his father would say, brett stop being a pussy. its man up time. now go and step forth onto the frozen tundra one last time.

Spaulding
08-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Good point, many thoguht it was Sherman's lack of control with Favre and special treatment but given the time frame (October 2003?) it certainly could be a possibility that it was the loss of Erv that opened the door for Brett to listen to his dumbass Brother, weasel of an agent Bus or even his wife Deanna.

KYPack
08-06-2008, 09:08 AM
I dunno about that one. Brett was just as loose a cannon when Irv was alive. I'm sure Irv's presence was a blessing for 'ol 4, but I'm not sure how much a calming effect it had.

oregonpackfan
08-06-2008, 09:19 AM
A parent is a parent forever no matter what the age of a child.

I think Irv would have told Brett to stay retired and stop this mess. Frankly, I think Brett would have listened to him.

I lost my Dad when I was just 22 years old. Though I considered myself an independent, responsible young man, there were many times I wanted to seek out the advice and/or input of my Dad regarding career choices, mate selection, financial decisions, etc.

There were times I also wanted to talk about the simple things like the Packers, car choices, etc.

imscott72
08-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Brett is like a lost puppy without his father. He relied on his father to keep him in line, help him with decisions, and to guide him through even his adult life. when brett lost his father, he lost his compass. i feel bad for brett. i really do. i think if his father had been alive through out all this, things would be really different. i really think his father would say, brett stop being a pussy. its man up time. now go and step forth onto the frozen tundra one last time.

Great point. I just hope all this stress doesn't cause Brett to start drinking or anything like that. I hope he finds peace as a person, but I'm done with him as a football player. He basically said FU to us Packer fans when he wanted to play for the Vikings.

Partial
08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
I think you're out of line.

Chevelle2
08-06-2008, 09:22 AM

Do tell.

imscott72
08-06-2008, 09:23 AM

Who?

GBRulz
08-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Well, when Big Irv was alive, Brett was a loose cannon as KY had mentioned. He never seemed to stop him from being a fall down drunk, picking fights, cheating on his wife, etc. In fact he has another son who killed his best friend in a car accident because he was drunk. I'm not at all saying that parents control the actions of their sons and daughters, but I just don't get when some of you say "Irv would have helped keep Brett in line."

Pugger
08-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I think Irv would've told Brett back in Febuary NOT to retire. This would've saved us a lot of anguish for sure... :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2008, 10:52 AM
I think there is some validity to this. Not that Big Irv would have made Brett do the right thing, but I wonder if Brett would have enjoyed last season more with Big Irv around. He seemed shot mentally at the end of last year. Having Big Irv around might have alleviated some of that mental strain.

javqa
08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
your right,brett doesn't need all the mental stress.Especially with the reporters.

mmmdk
08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I think there is some validity to this. Not that Big Irv would have made Brett do the right thing, but I wonder if Brett would have enjoyed last season more with Big Irv around. He seemed shot mentally at the end of last year. Having Big Irv around might have alleviated some of that mental strain.

The above seems more plausible to me.

sheepshead
08-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I've said this many times, but I'll say it again. The guy who's job it is to prevent all this garbage is Bus Cook. TT is doing his job by the letter of his job description. Like it or not. Cook is the guy that needed to clue Brett to any and all scenarios when he did his leaky presser back in March. I don't see anything other than a total football/business approach on the part of the Packers.

With the success TT and MM have had last year, they are one of the admired organizations (at the moment) in football.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I was going to say sand in his vagina is the big problem. But, I'll agree with loss of Father.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Clearly Favre has been badly advised. And I smell tuna. Who encouraged FAvre to go on Gretta - what a disaster!

I think he chose the worst of all possible routes, his decision makng has been crazy.

I think Deanna Favre is a wonderful person, I admire her moxy. I just think her & Brett got lost in an emotional haze this time.

LEWCWA
08-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Well I think had Brett not been fondled as a youngster he would be better adjusted as an adult! This shit is just stupid. get a life

LEWCWA
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Clearly Favre has been badly advised. And I smell tuna. Who encouraged FAvre to go on Gretta - what a disaster!

I think he chose the worst of all possible routes, his decision makng has been crazy.

I think Deanna Favre is a wonderful person, I admire her moxy. I just think her & Brett got lost in an emotional haze this time.

Funny considering you don't know her from adam?

Partial
08-06-2008, 07:34 PM

Do tell.

To assume a grown man who has been successful in raising a family, being one of the top 5 greatest qbs ever, etc cannot handle life without his dad to keep him focused and in line is nuts.

Chevelle2
08-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Do tell.

To assume a grown man who has been successful in raising a family, being one of the top 5 greatest qbs ever, etc cannot handle life without his dad to keep him focused and in line is nuts.

No one assumed anything.

You don't think it may be a factor? Its not like its some outlandish claim, losing a loved one hurts anyone.

mission
08-06-2008, 07:45 PM

Do tell.

Fair.

speaking of nuts ... what caused it tho?

maybe favre just needs to buy a new red corvette drop top ... he's gettin about that age.

Stevogbfan
08-06-2008, 07:55 PM

Funny considering you don't know her from adam?

don't know her from adam... for the last 16 years we have watched brett and deanna grow up.
up to this point this has been handled very poorly from the favre camp (imo) gretta van nobody was a very poor choice.

"Rodgers over Favre, now thats funny!" it's not funny, it's reality

Fritz
08-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Right now his biggest problem is deciding whether to play in New York or Tampa.

Do I buy a condo in NY or lease? Or should I get a 20,000 sq. ft. mansion in Tampa?

Should I have sex with my hot, awesome wife after the kids fall asleep tonight or before they wake up in the morning.

Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Should I have sex with my hot, awesome wife after the kids fall asleep tonight or before they wake up in the morning.

or perhaps another visit to his friend with benefits, Gretta

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Right now his biggest problem is deciding whether to play in New York or Tampa.

Do I buy a condo in NY or lease? Or should I get a 20,000 sq. ft. mansion in Tampa?

Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Deanna doesn't look that hot anymore...seems like she is starting that southern woman eventual slide. Just my opinion. If she is hot to you...good for you.

Guess i'm jaded.