PDA

View Full Version : Who really wears the pants in the Favre family???

AtlPackFan
08-06-2008, 09:34 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/05/packers-bucs-working-on-favre-deal.aspx

Packers-Bucs working on Favre deal
By Greg A. Bedard

ND72
08-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Buddy of mine & I have said for a while, wouldn't be surprised if a ton of the comeback stuff was on Deanna. BUT, Deanna wants to be in Green Bay. She's a rock star here. She's darn near as famous as he is in Wisconsin.

Spaulding
08-06-2008, 09:37 AM
I posted this in another thread and in essence was wondering the same thing:

In some shape or form I almost feel sorry for Brett in that it appears his family is very heavy handed. From his Brothers, to obviously his agent Bus and even his wife Deanna, they in many ways seem to be the driving factor to this whole fiasco.

I can already envision, TT and Favre discussion retirement and/or coming back and the conversation going okay with Brett being pretty laid back and not entirely sure what he wants. TT gets off the phone and thinks, well that wasn't too bad of a conversation so he thinks the dialog is good. Brett on the other hand gets off the phone and his family yelling in his ear that he's a HOF quarterback and that it's HIS job and he is the Packers. Brett's mind frame changes and next you know he's flat out pissed and feeling disrespected and/or not wanted.

Seriously, I understand family plays a stake in life decisions but it seems to me that much of this whole fiaso can be attributed not only to to TT and Brett but even more what should be Brett's support structure.

Might have to starting talking in 3rd person though if I get into the habit of quoting myself :) Then again I'm doubting I'll have any disagreements.[/quote]

Rastak
08-06-2008, 09:38 AM
What kind of idiot takes a job in a new city without getting his wife on the same page.

You married?

GBRulz
08-06-2008, 09:41 AM
What kind of idiot takes a job in a new city without getting his wife on the same page.

You married?

Who knew that a Viking fan would come up with the best answer? :wink:

I agree.

AtlPackFan
08-06-2008, 09:49 AM

You married?

30 years, thank you.

Of course you need your wife's approval. All I was eluding to by posting the article is that IMHO, Deanna may have a lot more to do with this mess that we may think.

KYPack
08-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Ras has broken the code.

See how long you can live in a place where your wife doesn't want to be. Or how long you stay there once she decides to move.

It ain't a very long time.

Rastak
08-06-2008, 09:53 AM

You married?

30 years, thank you.

Of course you need your wife's approval. All I was eluding to by posting the article is that IMHO, Deanna may have a lot more to do with this mess that we may think.

30 years? You poor slob. You just barely have me beat!

I'm sure she has a large say like most households.

AtlPackFan
08-06-2008, 10:22 AM

You married?

30 years, thank you.

Actually, I consider myself lucky that she has put up with me all these years.

We share everything. I went back to school for my computer degree with her consent. We moved to Atlanta with her job and my consent. That's the way a marriage that lasts works.

However, I have seen marriages where the husband or wife dominate the marriage, where they control the direction of the family. I'm not so sure that Deanna hasn't been behind more of this than we have heard.

So how close to 30 years are you? We just hit the milestone last Tuesday. In this day and age, how many people can say they have been married - to the same person - that long! 8-)

HowardRoark
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Favre is said to be stressed out by the entire situation, including having about 100 fans and media camped out on his doorstep, and is ready for it to be over.

The circus train will just head south. This thing ain't going away for him in Tampa. Sounds like he should go to N.Y. At least he will be somewhat absorbed into the whole city.

http://www.circusrevue.com/02%20circus%20train%20up-medium.jpg

Rastak
08-06-2008, 10:27 AM

You married?

30 years, thank you.

We share everything. I went back to school for my computer degree with her consent. We moved to Atlanta with her job and my consent. That's the way a marriage that lasts works.

However, I have seen marriages where the husband or wife dominate the marriage, where they control the direction of the family. I'm not so sure that Deanna hasn't been behind more of this than we have heard.

So how close to 30 years are you? We just hit the milestone last Tuesday. In this day and age, how many people can say they have been married - to the same person - that long! 8-)

28 this year.

AtlPackFan
08-06-2008, 12:14 PM

You married?

30 years, thank you.

28 this year.

Congrats man! That is really something special and unique.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
The circus train will just head south. This thing ain't going away for him in Tampa. Sounds like he should go to N.Y. At least he will be somewhat absorbed into the whole city.

http://www.circusrevue.com/02%20circus%20train%20up-medium.jpg

actually, I think the media interest will settle down to a dull roar if/when Favre lands in Tampa. I think some Favre fatigue has set in.

Fritz
08-06-2008, 05:06 PM
I posted this in another thread and in essence was wondering the same thing:

In some shape or form I almost feel sorry for Brett in that it appears his family is very heavy handed. From his Brothers, to obviously his agent Bus and even his wife Deanna, they in many ways seem to be the driving factor to this whole fiasco.

I can already envision, TT and Favre discussion retirement and/or coming back and the conversation going okay with Brett being pretty laid back and not entirely sure what he wants. TT gets off the phone and thinks, well that wasn't too bad of a conversation so he thinks the dialog is good. Brett on the other hand gets off the phone and his family yelling in his ear that he's a HOF quarterback and that it's HIS job and he is the Packers. Brett's mind frame changes and next you know he's flat out pissed and feeling disrespected and/or not wanted.

Seriously, I understand family plays a stake in life decisions but it seems to me that much of this whole fiaso can be attributed not only to to TT and Brett but even more what should be Brett's support structure.

Might have to starting talking in 3rd person though if I get into the habit of quoting myself :) Then again I'm doubting I'll have any disagreements.[/quote]

I agree with your (earlier) post. It's one thing to have your wife on the proverbial "same page;" it's another to let her (or other family members) be the driving force behind all your decisions.

Favre himself has made allusions to Deanna and the family taking a more hardcore stance than he has on a variety of issues (He said Deanna thought he shouldn't have honored TT's request to postpone coming in at the beginning of camp; Favre also said Deanna thought he should've showed up to practice Tuesday). My sense is that he's a laid back guy who's kinda bummed and feels dissed, but his family is pushing him to revenge the perceived slight.

Mr. Bojangles has a good point, and the number of years he has or hasn't been married plays into this very little. That's like saying the only good sportscasters possible are guys who have played the sport.

Mike Golic? Tony Siragusa? You can be an ex-jock and be a good announcer, but there are just as many or more announcers who've never played and are darned good.