PDA

View Full Version : Perspectives From the Bucs Fans

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
http://bbs.buccaneers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

That's the best bucs forum I could find.

You'll find they aren't as excited about getting a HOF as some may think. There are a lot aboard that think Favre gives them a better chance to win and that's the best route to go. Others don't want to deal with his attitude and the publicity that comes along with him.

Some are loyal to Jeff Garcia. :?:

Chevelle2
08-06-2008, 09:47 AM
http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

Badgerinmaine
08-06-2008, 09:47 AM

I noticed that...Any of them holding rallies or starting websites? :P

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 09:49 AM

I noticed that...Any of them holding rallies or starting websites? :P

You never know....

:D

GBRulz
08-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I can understand fans having a mixed attitude, but to be loyal to Garcia over Favre?? I don't get that one.

On the other hand, didn't you just pay over $250 a ticket for a Bucs game? Without Favre there, I don't see that happening, so someone has be to excited about it !!!

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I can understand fans having a mixed attitude, but to be loyal to Garcia over Favre?? I don't get that one.

On the other hand, didn't you just pay over $250 a ticket for a Bucs game? Without Favre there, I don't see that happening, so someone has be to excited about it !!!

$214 a ticket but you know how they get you with processing and shipping. :roll:

When you were in Tampa how much did you pay/how did you get tickets?

Pacopete4
08-06-2008, 09:54 AM

Isn't that better than being loyal to Rodgers over Favre as a fan?...

sheepshead
08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
I was on the pewterreport yesterday under "packattack" they are pretty excited overall. They hate thier QB and they have a bunch of them

GBRulz
08-06-2008, 10:03 AM
When you were in Tampa how much did you pay/how did you get tickets?

Well, BH, I have to admit that I was lucky with a couple of connections. First of all, a good friend of mine from high school played a few seasons with the Bucs, so he always got me tickets. Also, I have a sister that lived in Orlando who belonged to the Central FL Packer Backers...so lots of connections from that.

BTW, DO attend the tailgate party going on there. I've never seen anything like it, it's awesome. You can't miss it, it's like ONE big ass tailgate party. It's put on in connection with several of the area "Packer Backer" clubs.

KYPack
08-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah. You can understand why the Tampa fans are so loyal to Garcia. He's a pro football gypsy playing for his 5th team. After all, he's played for Tampa for all of one season.

I really thought he had a break out year for the Bucs last year. He had all of 13 touchdown passes! & he made the pro bowl.

Look at Garcia's career statistics. His career totals are about 3 Favre years. They get Brett in a trade and those Pewter wearing goofs will go ape shit.

footballfever
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM

Maybe, but it's not better than being loyal to an organization rather than one selfish egotistical crybaby. Get over it.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
http://bbs.buccaneers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

That's the best bucs forum I could find.

You'll find they aren't as excited about getting a HOF as some may think. There are a lot aboard that think Favre gives them a better chance to win and that's the best route to go. Others don't want to deal with his attitude and the publicity that comes along with him.

Some are loyal to Jeff Garcia. :?:Really? in the thread entitled "Dan Patrick Reports" they are in a state of orgasm awating confirmation that Favre is a Buc.

cpk1994
08-06-2008, 10:27 AM

Maybe, but it's not better than being loyal to an organization rather than one selfish egotistical crybaby. Get over it.I agree. Why don't you go become a Buc fan. You can sniff Favre's jock in your own sprited bliss.

Bossman641
08-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Honest question here

How do you think Favre would fit in with the Bucs?

This is just my general impressions of the Bucs, from watching a few games, but it seems like they throw more deeper passes than our WCO. Deep ball accuracy has never been one of Favre's stronger suits. I just wonder how he would do there with a new cast, new system, and (maybe) not being totally committed.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2008, 11:06 AM
How do you think Favre would fit in with the Bucs?

This is just my general impressions of the Bucs, from watching a few games, but it seems like they throw more deeper passes than our WCO. Deep ball accuracy has never been one of Favre's stronger suits. I just wonder how he would do there with a new cast, new system, and (maybe) not being totally committed.

I don't think they go deep that often. They have a dynamite deep receiver who they'll try to get the ball to, but it's generally a typical dink and dunk WCO. I think it's a great fit for Brett, and he may not have to worry about the weather come playoff time. I don't see the Jets being a good fit, but I'm hoping they can talk Brett into going there--because it appears the Jets are offering. Plus, it's an AFC team that we don't play this year.