PDA

View Full Version : New updated Presidential Pole........

ranks66
06-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Pick one of the following........

ranks66
06-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Pick one of the following........

I picked Edwards because he came from a family that had to struggle like most good Americans do today. His personality is very warm, and his family values are superb. I hope he starts grabbing some national attention soon.

Scott Campbell
06-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Mitt Romney.

ranks66
06-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Mitt Romney.

Who ???

Bretsky
06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Mitt Romney.

Who ???

I LOVE THAT AVATAR RANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ranks66
06-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Mitt Romney.

Who ???

You know I do not watch WWE since she left it...... :evil: :mad: :sad:

retailguy
06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
[quote=ranks66]

Much better than your last one, I was going to put Clinton's face in the last one and use it as a signature just to piss you off, but I've got too much work to do....

Bretsky
06-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Mitt Romney.

Who ???

You know I do not watch WWE since she left it...... :evil: :mad: :sad:

You messed up that one for me; I thought it was two grailees who looked a lot alike

GrnBay007
06-13-2006, 10:16 PM
You messed up that one for me; I thought it was two grailees who looked a lot alike

lol no wonder B thinks the world is full of beautiful grailees. .....there are these things called mirrors B. :razz:

Bretsky
06-13-2006, 10:20 PM

lol no wonder B thinks the world is full of beautiful grailees. .....there are these things called mirrors B. :razz:

Yes, I've heard those are the things that go on the bedroom ceilings :wink:

ranks66
06-13-2006, 11:17 PM
watching the news tonight I noticed how grey Favre is....... do you think that if we sent up a bottle of just for men hair dye he would use it and play like a young man one more time........

GrnBay007
06-13-2006, 11:23 PM
I think he should just shave it all and go bald. And then grow a goatee....a completely new look for 2006!

mraynrand
06-14-2006, 10:49 AM
I think it would be interesting to see a poll choosing between Dubya and John F. Kennedy. Bush is more liberal and ethical than Kennedy was, but they were both pro-big business, pro-tax cut, and pro-spreading democracy world-wide. Interesting parallels, except that Kennedy was more of a conservative with regards to spending and Bush is more of a social conservative, like a Regan republican.

Badgepack
06-14-2006, 11:14 AM
I think you need to add big, bad Bill Richardson to the list of choices.
Not that I am voting for him, but he will be a contender.

Harlan Huckleby
06-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Bill Richardson does not impress me one bit. He is very politician-like, and not that smart.

Badgepack
06-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm not arguing Harlan, but you wait and see, he'll be a player.
He will get the Hispanic vote, he saved the hostages somewhere, and he had some other type of International save the fucking day.

I'm too lazy to look it up right now though.

Harlan Huckleby
06-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Bill Richardson is a fake Mexican like Madtown.

Tony Oday
06-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Colin Powell I would vote for him in a second and he would win in a fricken LANDSLIDE!!!!

SkinBasket
06-14-2006, 01:06 PM
If this were a poll of who to kick in the nuts, I would choose Russ Feingold. This fucking guy hasn't spent one day in office representing anyone but himself. At least other career politicians will throw their constituants a fricken bone every now and again and do something for the state they represent.

HarveyWallbangers
06-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I see we are building a consensus.

Joemailman
06-14-2006, 04:40 PM
If this were a poll of who to kick in the nuts, I would choose Russ Feingold. This fucking guy hasn't spent one day in office representing anyone but himself. At least other career politicians will throw their constituants a fricken bone every now and again and do something for the state they represent.

Actually, it is not unusual at all for a state to have one Senator who focuses on local issues, while the other focuses more on national issues. While some may resent Feingold's independence, I relish it. I wish there were more like him. Too many of our politicians are either constrained by political correctness, or they constantly look for ways to rip into the other side. Feingold does neither. I'm not ready to say he's my choice for 2008, (although I voted for him in this poll) but I hope he runs. A race between Feingold and McCain would be the best choice we have had in a presidential race in my lifetime.

Scott Campbell
06-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Mitt Romney is currently the Governer of Mass., and was the President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee during the games (post bribary scandel). We got to watch his work up close here in town, and he's an impressive guy. He's considered a dark horse Republican candidate in 08.

http://www.moscow2001.olympic.org/en/images/evenement/gallery/15_07/romney.jpg

Anti-Polar Bear
06-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Mitt Romney is currently the Governer of Mass., and was the President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee during the games (post bribary scandel). We got to watch his work up close here in town, and he's an impressive guy. He's considered a dark horse Republican candidate in 08.

I doubt the name "Mitt" is appealing to the American public.

I vote Hillary, but I would to take it back if i could. I would like to vote for John Kerry instead. I could change my mind later, though. Right now i am pissed that Hillary still support the War in Iraq.

the_idle_threat
06-14-2006, 08:04 PM
I voted Condi, although I'm disappointed that good ol' Dick Cheney has no plans to run ... :mrgreen:

Fosco33
06-14-2006, 09:24 PM

Actually, it is not unusual at all for a state to have one Senator who focuses on local issues, while the other focuses more on national issues. While some may resent Feingold's independence, I relish it. I wish there were more like him. Too many of our politicians are either constrained by political correctness, or they constantly look for ways to rip into the other side. Feingold does neither. I'm not ready to say he's my choice for 2008, (although I voted for him in this poll) but I hope he runs. A race between Feingold and McCain would be the best choice we have had in a presidential race in my lifetime.

Feingold was all for finance reform - which makes logical sense. Why let powerful lobbyists and corportations pour money into a politician for their own self interests? This certainly doesn't help the avg Joe. He's also one of the 'poorest' senators and recently voted against a huge pay raise - seems like he's got his interests for the people - not himself. He also has went against the norm of his party numerous times.

Even though I'm not a 'Democrat' - I'm a registered Libertarian - he's a definite possibility. Look at his background - UW grad, Rhodes scholar, and graduated from Harvard Law - pretty impressive.

He's got a few things against him though - he's Jewish and potentially twice divorced. Reagan was the only Pres who was divored and remarried before office and some people aren't ready for a Jewish man in the office (imagine the potential terrorist perceptions here).

HarveyWallbangers
06-14-2006, 11:16 PM
You poor saps. Feingold has no shot at winning a Presidential election. Why is he even on the list? I'm amazed how homeristic people are when it comes to politicians--except people in Tennessee (where Al Gore couldn't even win his home state).

ranks66
06-15-2006, 10:58 PM
You poor saps. Feingold has no shot at winning a Presidential election. Why is he even on the list? I'm amazed how homeristic people are when it comes to politicians--except people in Tennessee (where Al Gore couldn't even win his home state).

Agreed Harv...

Feingold can't win... Not a big enough name. I am pushing Edwards. I think he is good for woriking Americans. With him I would hope the unions would gain a little strength.

Partial
06-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Feingold is going to go big someday. He'll be a president. He's well-spoken and a growing figure. If Obama wasn't black he'd be our next president.

Joemailman
06-16-2006, 10:59 PM

My support of Feingold has nothing to do with homerism. He's just one of the few politicians in this country willing to call things as he sees them. If the Iraq War is still a problem come 2008, he will have an advantage against many of his peers, Unlike Kerry, Edwards, and Clinton, he won't have to try to explain why he gave Bush the authorization to take us into this stupid war. When they say they were deceived by the President, he'll be able to point out that he wasn't deceived. At a Democratic gathering this past week, he received standing ovations while Hillary Clinton received boos.

As for the arguments made by some that he isn't a big enough name, I say welcome to the 21st century. The internet has changed everything. If you have a message that sets you apart, you can get the word out. And as Howard Dean proved, even a relative unknown can raise a lot of money on the internet.

Joemailman
06-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Written by ilya S
Thursday, 15 June 2006
Those of us following Senator Feingold closely over the past two years have seen the growing momentum and support for a possible 2008 campaign. Others, though, have yet to take real notice. He's won every single internet straw poll for over 6 months now on the leading progressive blogs but the media don't think that makes a serious candidate. His numbers have increased across the board in state after state slowly inching up from being an * in the polls to 5, 6, or even 10% in the polls. When Tom Vilsack gets 4th place in Iowa with only 10% of the vote, people still consider him a contender. Meanwhile Russ received 29% and was within the margin of error for being in first (HRC had 31%) in his home state of Wisconsin and no one seemed to really notice.

We know there's tangible Feingold support. It's why there have been Meetups from California to Iowa and Wisconsin to Massachussets over 2 years before the elections. It's why dozens of bloggers are talking abour Russ and thousands have signed up on this website as supporters. But the media wasn't getting it until now.

Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold, a potential 2008 presidential candidate, received a raucous, enthusiastic greeting Wednesday from a liberal group as he criticized President Bush for the Iraq war and a secretive domestic wiretapping program.
The same crowd had booed Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., the presumed 2008 front-runner, a day earlier for opposing a set date for withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq.

And what message did the crowd have for Russ?

"Run, Russ, run," some chanted as the Wisconsin senator stepped to the podium. Others wore buttons and stickers with the same sentiment.

Hmm. That sounds strangely familar:

The 2008 draft movements include people such as Ilya Sheyman, a college student in Chicago who drove to Madison, Wis., on a freezing February day to distribute "Run, Russ, Run" buttons at a gathering in support of Sen. Russell Feingold (D-Wis.).

They're starting to get it. Slowly the narrative of an unbeatable Hillary is dissapearing. And as it vanishes, Russ Feingold stands head and shoulders above the pack of Democrats.

mraynrand
06-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Feingold is a very good voice for the far left, and yes, if Iraq goes sour, he will be one of the consistent 3-4 Democrats that can for the most part argue that they were against it all along. But the guy is supported by, and representative of the radical left, and would have a snowball's chance in hell in a national election. Hillbilly knows this - that's why she's been 'establishing her centrist credentials' as a Senator - supporting weapon systems and ostensibly the war in Iraq. Feingold will struggle mightily to bring in the middle, and very likely would draw an election result like Mondale or Dukakis.

MJZiggy
06-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Where's Barack Obama on that list?

HarveyWallbangers
06-17-2006, 09:31 AM
If the Iraq War is still a problem come 2008, he will have an advantage against many of his peers, Unlike Kerry, Edwards, and Clinton, he won't have to try to explain why he gave Bush the authorization to take us into this stupid war.

Good for him. I'm sure he's quietly rooting for it to still be a problem.

mraynrand
06-17-2006, 10:11 AM
If the Iraq War is still a problem come 2008, he will have an advantage against many of his peers, Unlike Kerry, Edwards, and Clinton, he won't have to try to explain why he gave Bush the authorization to take us into this stupid war.

Good for him. I'm sure he's quietly rooting for it to still be a problem.

And therin, lies the problem. What does Feingold run on?
What will his campaign look like?

"Feingold: 'I told you so'"
"Feingold: 'We're raising taxes and redistributing it as we see fit'"
"Feingold: 'We're against small businesses'"
"Feingold: 'We're taxing the hell out of anyone earning over 150,000 dollars a year and spending it on health insurance'"

It was a moment of clarity when HillBilly announced last year that everyone would have to pay higher taxes 'for the common good' - with the common good to be determined by the likes of HillBilly, Chuck Shumer, John Kerry, John Edwards and Teddy Kennedy, all who have the luxury of never having produced anything of value and/or never really working a day in their lives. John Edwards, whom that Rank guy likes, said during the election:

"If John Kerry is elected president, Christopher Reeves will stand up and walk, walk out of that chair"

Edwards earned his fortune convincing juries that children born with congenital brain defects were made that way by their OBGYN doctors. Like a snake oil salesman, he 'channeled the thoughts' of the babies as they made their way down the birth canal, telling the jury that they were 'being disfigured by their doctors'. Yet he would have a 'similar procedure', that is, 'injuring' fully formed humans legalized to protect women's rights to choose. And Kerry called him "The embodiment of the American Dream" in his nomination acceptance speech. Mainstream America knows how antithetical these charlitans are to their core values, and they don't have a prayer (ha ha, see the irony) to win a general election, even with the deceitful help of the Main stream media (Maybe Rather can find some more falsified documents that he still believes tell a true story).

And Barak Obama - nice guy, but what the hell has he done? What does he really stand for?

There used to be some great or at least decent Democrats, but guys Like Joe Lieberman are a dying breed, and the Democratic party is being hijacked by the extreme loony left of Moveon.org and Michael Moore. It's a damn shame, because there needs to be a rational strong opposition to the corporate influenced Republican party.

Partial
06-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Feingold is a very good voice for the far left, and yes, if Iraq goes sour, he will be one of the consistent 3-4 Democrats that can for the most part argue that they were against it all along. But the guy is supported by, and representative of the radical left, and would have a snowball's chance in hell in a national election. Hillbilly knows this - that's why she's been 'establishing her centrist credentials' as a Senator - supporting weapon systems and ostensibly the war in Iraq. Feingold will struggle mightily to bring in the middle, and very likely would draw an election result like Mondale or Dukakis.

The thing is though, he's damn moderate. Very similiar to McCain. It would not surprise me in the least if McCain is his running mate should he make a go for it.

Partial
06-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Eh, Barack Obama would win just on charisma. He's like Clinton, very very charmismatic and charming.