PDA

View Full Version : Don Hutson Goes to the Circus

DonHutson
08-06-2008, 05:01 PM
So I made my annual trip to Packer practice yesterday. It was planned ahead of time, so it was just a coincidence that it happened to be circus day.

The most interesting items happened off the field. Considering the size of the crowd and that this is the second week of camp I was surprised by the number of players riding the bikes over. Last year when I was there the biggest name I saw on a bike was Greg Jennings. This year we saw Driver, Grant, and Jennings to name a few.

Jarrett Bush got his bike ride offer from a kid that couldn't have been more than three or four on the tiniest little bike you've ever seen. Jarrett didn't get on the bike, but I'll be damned if he didn't patiently walk along side that kid and the kid's parents all the way to the field. Pretty nice thing to do.

We were standing about 2/3 of the way out in the parking lot toward the field. At one point we heard a lot cheering back up by the stadium and someone said Aaron Rodgers must be coming. A few seconds later the next Packer to ride by was James Jones. A little girl that overheard the comment stepped out and said, "Hi Aaron Rodgers!" Jones cracked up, shook his head and said, "Uh, yeah, how's it goin." As for the cheering, it turned out to be for Ryan Grant.

As for the hoopla, other than a few signs and some kids chanting "Bring Brett back" it wasn't too different than any other practice. A lot more people, but it felt the same to me.

boiga
08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the story, Don. You know, Rodgers and Jones do kind of look a like... :wink:

Any observations from on the field?

Fritz
08-06-2008, 05:11 PM
God I love Green Bay. And go Jarret Bush, and go James Jones. And go to the little girl who thought James Jones was Aaron Rodgers!

Yeah, baby. There is hope for this season after all. MM has salvaged it all with his tough yet respectful talk with Favre, and TT will likely pull the trigger.

your report confirms it: life is good.

DonHutson
08-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Any observations from on the field?

Not really. We had to meet family in Appleton on the way back so we only stayed for the first half or so. From where we were sitting I saw the defense run through formations and then they did some special teams work preventing touchbacks and stuff like that. Not overly exciting.

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 10:32 PM
God I love Green Bay. And go Jarret Bush, and go James Jones. And go to the little girl who thought James Jones was Aaron Rodgers!

Yeah, baby. There is hope for this season after all. MM has salvaged it all with his tough yet respectful talk with Favre, and TT will likely pull the trigger.

your report confirms it: life is good.

Yeah.......go to a different team, please. :roll: