08-06-2008, 06:05 PM
http://www.wjtv.com/gulfcoastwest/jtv/news/video.html

3rd video down...

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 06:15 PM
You can tell he's tired of this.

Sactopackfan
08-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Yes, by the tone of his voice he seems toast. Hopefully this will all be over within 24 hours, and everyone can move on.

MJZiggy
08-06-2008, 06:48 PM
First off, welcome to the forum Sactopackfan. Secondly, if Favre is toast over this, how will he ever handle the rigors of actually playing???

Sactopackfan
08-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Thank you for the nice welcome. Hard to say what the guy has left in the tank. I guess we'll find out , if and when he gets into camp. Btw, Ballhawk best sig ever:)

packinpatland
08-06-2008, 07:08 PM
First off, welcome to the forum Sactopackfan. Secondly, if Favre is toast over this, how will he ever handle the rigors of actually playing???

I'm thinking that playing is like a walk in the park, compared to all this.

GBRulz
08-06-2008, 07:11 PM

right on!

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 07:34 PM

I agree. Once Favre is in a new environment, with tons of POSITIVE attention on him, learning new things, hell, he'll be a new man.

In about 3 days, he'll be kicking himself for not accepting a trade a month ago.

And in three weeks, I expect a lot of animosity about Green Bay will already be fading .

The change is gonna do him good!

DonHutson
08-06-2008, 07:50 PM
And in three weeks, I expect a lot of animosity about Green Bay will already be fading.

I fully agree with this statement, but I take it to the exact opposite conclusion. I think animosity toward Green Bay is the main fuel he's running on right now. When that's gone he's gonna wake up wondering what the hell he got himself into.

If he's in New York when that happens, the media's gonna make him miserable.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 07:52 PM
ya, Tampa is a way better place to be than NY for the country boy

PackerTimer
08-06-2008, 07:56 PM
This was the best I've heard Brett sound sice this whole thing started. He seemed understanding of the teams position regarding not realeasing him and not embracing him unless he was totally committed to them. I truly hope he does well wherever he goes but it was time for him and the Packers to move on.

mission
08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
This was the best I've heard Brett sound sice this whole thing started. He seemed understanding of the teams position regarding not realeasing him and not embracing him unless he was totally committed to them. I truly hope he does well wherever he goes but it was time for him and the Packers to move on.

MM handled that well, huh ... obviously made an impact at least.

PackerTimer
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM

MM handled that well, huh ... obviously made an impact at least.

Totally agree. MM got through to him. Between that meeting and the press conference after, MM has gained so much respect. I loved it when he said, I'm a football coach and I'm done with the PR. Awesome.

Stevogbfan
08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
he looks tired and he still doesn't know if he can do this...

should'a stayed retired and enjoyed your (mostly) worry free life

texaspackerbacker
08-06-2008, 08:29 PM

Amen to that!

I originally blamed the God damned media for instigating the whole mess, but maybe it was his family and other parasites that pushed him into it. I really think he would nave been content to ride the tractor; I really think he would have been content to come back as a backup QB; But apparently, that wasn't good enough for the rest of 'em--hence, the stress on Brett.

Freak Out
08-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Amen to that!

I originally blamed the God damned media for instigating the whole mess, but maybe it was his family and other parasites that pushed him into it. I really think he would nave been content to ride the tractor; I really think he would have been content to come back as a backup QB; But apparently, that wasn't good enough for the rest of 'em--hence, the stress on Brett.

What? The guys wants to win. Bottom line. He still craves the feeling he gets when winning and knows just how close he was last year.....and is regretting leaving the Packers. Will he feel the same in TB? That's his biggest fear.

Spaulding
08-06-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.wjtv.com/gulfcoastwest/jtv/news/video.html

3rd video down...

Nice link - thanks. Good interview. Definitely seems the fire between Brett and the Packers Organization has simmered a bit after his meeting with M3. Good to see that as maybe it won't be such a long time to heal the wounds from all this.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Is there nothing that can't be blamed on the media?

I stubbed my toe yesterday, god damn media.

My date wouldn't let me get past 2nd...god damn media.

Crew got swept by cubs...god damn media.

Life is so much easier when you can just assign all blame on the media. :roll: