PDA

View Full Version : King/ESPN reporting 2 different things.

Chevelle2
08-06-2008, 07:23 PM
KING:

According to Peter King the Jets are in the lead for Favre. He says they are offering a 3rd which could escalate to a 1st depending on how he does this season.

Tampa is not willing to go that high

ESPN:

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio is reporting the New York Jets have offered a fourth-round pick in 2009 that has the potential to turn into a second-round choice if certain performance standards are met and the team.

Paolantonio also reports the Packers have told Bucs general manager Bruce Allen that Green Bay would accept a third-round pick in 2009 that could turn into a second-round pick along with reserve quarterback Brian Griese.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Paolantonio also reports the Packers have told Bucs general manager Bruce Allen that Green Bay would accept a third-round pick in 2009 that could turn into a second-round pick along with reserve quarterback Brian Griese.

I'd accept a 4th round pick if they'll keep Griese.

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 07:38 PM
4th round pick that can escalate to a 2nd AND Chris Simms.

That'd be a good, fair deal, IMO.

Freak Out
08-06-2008, 07:40 PM

THEN we can trade a QB to Minny for a DT. :lol:

Gunakor
08-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Matt Flynn > T-Jax. You just don't do that. You never ever do your archrival a favor by making them better.

:lol:

SMACKTALKIE
08-06-2008, 08:04 PM

Matt Flynn > T-Jax. You just don't do that. You never ever do your archrival a favor by making them better.

You guys can't really be making fun of another team's QB situation. Really? Do I even need to remind Pack fans of their current QB situation?

mission
08-06-2008, 08:11 PM

You guys can't really be making fun of another team's QB situation. Really? Do I even need to remind Pack fans of their current QB situation?

What's that?

A guy who was gonna be a #1 pick and has had three years to be groomed, another guy who was supposed to be a Top 10 pick and probably the greatest QB of all time ... plus a guy who won a national championship last year.

Your whole fucking state would lick my balls for our QB situation.

As well as the mess that has come with it ... can talk all the shit ya want, but the idea of Brett and purple had the Queen fans thinking you guys might actually do something this year. Its funny how the table turned on what yall had to say about Brett ...

Chevelle2
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Its funny how the table turned on what yall had to say about Brett ...

Yep

2005: He's washed up! Give the kid a shot to see what he can do!

2008: OMG WE WANT BRETT SO BAD DOOD PS - AROD SUX!

Bretsky
08-06-2008, 08:15 PM

One might point out in a few years TT traded the rights to the Vikings starting QB in last year's draft

SMACKTALKIE
08-06-2008, 08:17 PM

Yep

The only way I feel is relieved Favre is not going to play for the Pack anymore.

Bretsky
08-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Yep

The only way I feel is relieved Favre is not going to play for the Pack anymore.

I'm sure the entire division feels the same way

Gunakor
08-06-2008, 08:45 PM

One might point out in a few years TT traded the rights to the Vikings starting QB in last year's draft

Good God, B. It was a 6th round draft pick. It's not like we actually traded them Booty. A 6th round pick is not a QB. Besides, I could care less if Booty becomes thier starter. He's nobody special.

One might also point out in a few years that Green Bay traded the rights to a QB that Minnesota released cuz he couldn't cut it. :D

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm sure the entire division feels the same way

well, if the doughy-headed FAvre fans had their way, there'd be one ecstatic team in the division , because they'd be getting a good QB for nothin.

Fritz
08-06-2008, 09:03 PM

What's that?

A guy who was gonna be a #1 pick and has had three years to be groomed, another guy who was supposed to be a Top 10 pick and probably the greatest QB of all time ... plus a guy who won a national championship last year.

As well as the mess that has come with it ... can talk all the shit ya want, but the idea of Brett and purple had the Queen fans thinking you guys might actually do something this year. Its funny how the table turned on what yall had to say about Brett ...

I don't want to get in the middle of this brouhaha, but this line cracked me up.

SMACKTALKIE
08-06-2008, 09:38 PM

What's that?

I don't want to get in the middle of this brouhaha, but this line cracked me up.

I thought that was a good one too considering it was written from a guy who lives in Georgia. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pbmax
08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I cannot see the Brian Griese thing at all. Unless its the only way to UP the draft pick offered. Unless M2 sees something no one else does, I can't see Thompson going with such a well traveled vet. Not much upside there.

But perhaps Brohm and Flynn have shown they won't be ready? Or he's just insurance? Wonder what the contract is with him?

mission
08-06-2008, 09:46 PM

What's that?

I thought that was a good one too considering it was written from a guy who lives in Georgia. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, nice attempt at lessening the ownage you just received.

Born on 37th and National in Milwaukee... ended up in Monroe, WI (The Cheesemakers) for high school. Played in three state championships as a QB (1 as DB) for the most storied program in the state.

Worked four summers at the Chalet Cheese Co-Op, the only factory in the world that makes Limburger.

I cut myself shaving this morning. I bled Green and Gold.

I used to wake up at 9am (LA sat nights make this nearly impossible) to take a bus out to Newport Beach (to watch the games) to be one of the four Packer fans (4 people in general) in the bar ...

My little brother lives in Minneapolis.

Fun little town.

Way too fuckin hippy for me, though.

Might wanna put a little sticky note by your monitor to steer clear of me. I'll make you look foolish again and again.

Not everyone thinks it's "so cute and cuddly" that you and Ras hang out here ... I'm sure yall are decent guys in person, but just seein that purple and hearing you idiots talk (football stuff, ras is actually a smart dood) and play your little MN devil's advocate, just makes me angry.

someone has to be a target of my wit. you guys just smell a bit more than the others ...

:arrow:

Lurker64
08-06-2008, 10:06 PM
I cannot see the Brian Griese thing at all. Unless its the only way to UP the draft pick offered. Unless M2 sees something no one else does, I can't see Thompson going with such a well traveled vet. Not much upside there.

The Griese thing also doesn't make sense to me, particularly because the Bucs are going to be cutting Chris Simms sometime soon, so if they're trading away a QB it's Simms.

SMACKTALKIE
08-06-2008, 10:06 PM

What's that?

Yeah, nice attempt at lessening the ownage you just received.

Born on 37th and National in Milwaukee... ended up in Monroe, WI (The Cheesemakers) for high school. Played in three state championships as a QB (1 as DB) for the most storied program in the state.

Worked four summers at the Chalet Cheese Co-Op, the only factory in the world that makes Limburger.

I cut myself shaving this morning. I bled Green and Gold.

I used to wake up at 9am (LA sat nights make this nearly impossible) to take a bus out to Newport Beach (to watch the games) to be one of the four Packer fans (4 people in general) in the bar ...

My little brother lives in Minneapolis.

Fun little town.

Way too fuckin hippy for me, though.

Might wanna put a little sticky note by your monitor to steer clear of me. I'll make you look foolish again and again.

Not everyone thinks it's "so cute and cuddly" that you and Ras hang out here ... I'm sure yall are decent guys in person, but just seein that purple and hearing you idiots talk (football stuff, ras is actually a smart dood) and play your little MN devil's advocate, just makes me angry.

someone has to be a target of my wit. you guys just smell a bit more than the others ...

:arrow:

Ooooo, ouch. I'm losing sleep tonight. Got me there. Way to recall your glory days. P.S. your not the only one who has them. I'm not here to be cute and cuddly, just to talk football with a group of people who won't alway agree with me like on Viking message boards.

Your also not the only guy who has watched games in bars of their favorite team with few fellow fans. I've lived in Chicago and Racine.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Smack..you got owned.

When you are in a hole...best to stop digging.

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Played in three state championships as a QB (1 as DB) for the most storied program in the state.

Did you also shut down Darren Charles?

SMACKTALKIE
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Smack..you got owned.

Because he said my whole state can lick his balls I "got owned?"

You are easily amused.

mission
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Played in three state championships as a QB (1 as DB) for the most storied program in the state.

Naw ... we were D2. I never really did shit on D. 3 picks in two years. Good against the option and run support, just steady. Wasnt loose enough in the hips. QB was the fun stuff later ...

@ smack... i meant that i woke up, hung over, WAY BEFORE ANYONE ELSE (PST) and trekked across southern california to the only place i was guaranteed to be able to watch the game.

and i never missed one.

im a packer fan as much as there ever was one. tried and true.

i schooled you -- you've yet to respond to the "QB situation" actual content part of all this. you're reverting to straw pulling and playground tripping as a means to pull your panties quickly back up on that same playground...

im just the bully you need to stay away from in the halls. we aren't on the same plane.

no hard feelings.

BallHawk
08-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Sal was just saying that the Favre family definitely prefers Tampa.

SMACKTALKIE
08-06-2008, 10:42 PM

Naw ... we were D2. I never really did shit on D. 3 picks in two years. Good against the option and run support, just steady. Wasnt loose enough in the hips. QB was the fun stuff later ...

@ smack... i meant that i woke up, hung over, WAY BEFORE ANYONE ELSE (PST) and trekked across southern california to the only place i was guaranteed to be able to watch the game.

and i never missed one.

i schooled you -- you've yet to respond to the "QB situation" actual content part of all this. you're reverting to straw pulling and playground tripping as a means to pull your panties quickly back up on that same playground...

im just the bully you need to stay away from in the halls. we aren't on the same plane.

no hard feelings.

So scared. :roll:

Anyway, the QB situation. You have two draft picks from this year as backups, Vikings have one. All the same....rookies....unproven as pros. Could become great, could be total busts.

You have one guy worth a possibe 4th to 2nd next year who has been a huge distraction so far. Vikings have none.

T Jack has 8 more wins and 14 more games under his belt than A Rod. A Rod threw 3 picks yesterday, and at least 1 in a scrimmage, looks shaky so far. T Jack has looked sharp in practice and in a scrimmage against KC.

So how is the QB situation in GB any better than MN?

mission
08-06-2008, 10:45 PM

and i never missed one.

no hard feelings.

So scared. :roll:

Anyway, the QB situation. You have two draft picks from this year as backups, Vikings have one. All the same....rookies....unproven as pros. Could become great, could be total busts.

You have one guy worth a possibe 4th to 2nd next year who has been a huge distraction so far. Vikings have none.

T Jack has 8 more wins and 14 more games under his belt than A Rod. A Rod threw 3 picks yesterday, and at least 1 in a scrimmage, looks shaky so far. T Jack has looked sharp in practice and in a scrimmage against KC.

So how is the QB situation in GB any better than MN?

The look on my face when I saw on the main page that you responded to this thread is the exact same look I have on my face after reading your reply.

You're right, bro.

The situations are identical, or maybe even a little slanted in MN's direction.

My bad.

:oops:

(guess *i* got owned afterall...)

Bretsky
08-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Hate to bud on and the duel, but my comments regarding the QB situation

Most of us have seen enough of Tavarius Jackson to believe he has minimal potential as a starting QB.

I'm not a big fan of AROD yet; but I think he might be good.

I'm relatively sure TJack will not be good so IMO that gives us more hope there

The Vikings are a very solid team outside of the QB position; there is a reason the Turtle was not sending Brett Favre to you. It would make you contenders to go deep into the playoffs. You might get there with Tavarius, but I doubt anybody considers you a serious threat with him.

And I'm not arguing we are anything above a playoff contender with AROD either.

I just have higher hopes for him than T Jackson.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Smack..you got owned.

Because he said my whole state can lick his balls I "got owned?"

You are easily amused.

No.

This is why you got owned.

I don't think you are smart enough to figure out why or when you do.

SMACKTALKIE
08-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Hate to bud on and the duel, but my comments regarding the QB situation

Most of us have seen enough of Tavarius Jackson to believe he has minimal potential as a starting QB.

I'm not a big fan of AROD yet; but I think he might be good.

I'm relatively sure TJack will not be good so IMO that gives us more hope there

The Vikings are a very solid team outside of the QB position; there is a reason the Turtle was not sending Brett Favre to you. It would make you contenders to go deep into the playoffs. You might get there with Tavarius, but I doubt anybody considers you a serious threat with him.

And I'm not arguing we are anything above a playoff contender with AROD either.

I just have higher hopes for him than T Jackson.

My intention was never to create a duel, I just think the Vikings QB situation deserves a little more credit.

I will say however that A Rod has better recieving options in both WRs and TEs.