PDA

View Full Version : Favre Deciding?

Chevelle2
08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
"The Packers are believed to have reached compensation agreements with both teams that would be satisfactory. According to nfl.com, the Jets had the better offer, a package that would include a conditional pick that could become a first-rounder.

Wednesday night, Favre was deliberating with his family over which team to play for."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article760747.ece

mission
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Space for rent?

Joemailman
Shouldn't be long now. Brett always makes these decisions quickly. :lol:

Chevelle2
Shouldn't be long now. Brett always makes these decisions quickly. :lol:

:lol:

texaspackerbacker
08-06-2008, 08:18 PM
It's up to him? I don't think so.

Make the deal, and if he doesn't like it, it's not to late to just let him sit.

Apparently, though, for all the bluffing and offering of $25 million, the Packers actually did decide to make a trade and avoid paying his salary for sitting.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Are you slow? Of course it is up to him...otherwise no trade and we get nothing.

motife
08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
a Jets 1st round pick could be a top 5 pick.

There could be some "coulda been, woulda been" gnashing of teeth if it isn't the Jets and they bomb this year.

Mangini is one of the most hated coaches by its players.

Fritz
08-06-2008, 08:22 PM
New york: the media spotlight, the bright lights, Joe Namath's footsteps, all calling "Brett..."

Tampa Bay: some familiarity with the coach and the system and the conference. A chance to go deep into the playoffs.

Hmm.

mission
08-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Are you slow? Of course it is up to him...otherwise no trade and we get nothing.

yeah they said (whatever that means now) that both teams have made acceptable offers ... i assume that means they'd would take either trade? lol

so at this point, it's down to whatever trade wont have favre back in the headlines for a month talking about how he wont play there.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 08:23 PM

Jets are decent...more like 8-8 to 10-6.

Jets fans are worried about mr. wingit..they know they need a qb not to lose games..not one that tries to win them by himself.

MJZiggy
08-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Good thing no one asks the fans...

Joemailman
08-06-2008, 08:34 PM

There could be some "coulda been, woulda been" gnashing of teeth if it isn't the Jets and they bomb this year.

I think they were talking about a conditional pick that could possibly be a first. Which would probably mean Favre has to have a great year. If Favre plays like he did on 2007, Jets won't be bad.

mission
08-06-2008, 08:37 PM
New york: the media spotlight, the bright lights, Joe Namath's footsteps, all calling "Brett..."

Tampa Bay: some familiarity with the coach and the system and the conference. A chance to go deep into the playoffs.

Hmm.

Normally I would say Tampa by all accounts.

But based on this outline and my interpretation of Brett's newly-unveiled requirements, it looks like he's gonna be a Jet. :lol:

Fosco33
08-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Isn't the Jets 1st rd offer 'conditional' on team/Favre performance? I.E., if they make playoffs then 1st rd... which means it wouldn't be a 'top 5' kinda deal. Still a good move at this stage.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I think he's going to decide MN and ask again to be traded there.

SkinBasket
08-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Isn't the Jets 1st rd offer 'conditional' on team/Favre performance? I.E., if they make playoffs then 1st rd... which means it wouldn't be a 'top 5' kinda deal. Still a good move at this stage.

Damn you and all your crazy "thinking" and "logic."

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Shoulda traded him straight up for ManRam. :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
BTW, since Favre has been given the final say in picking the team, the Packers have almost no leverage. I suppose they have a minimum that they will accept, but there is no bidding war. There is no incentive for either team to up their offer to GB.

well, this is where things have been heading all along, the Packers are over a barrell to a large extent.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
BTW, since Favre has been given the final say in picking the team, the Packers have almost no leverage. I suppose they have a minimum that they will accept, but there is no bidding war. There is no incentive for either team to up their offer to GB.

well, this is where things have been heading all along, the Packers are over a barrell to a large extent.

There is a bidding war because the teams want him.

Don't you think brett's ego is involved...hmm, tampa only offered a second, whereas the jets are giving up 3 picks for me...they must really want me and think i'm great.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 08:52 PM

Don't you think brett's ego is involved...hmm, tampa only offered a second, whereas the jets are giving up 3 picks for me...they must really want me and think i'm great.

uhh, just how dumb do you think Favre is? Nevermind, don't answer that. :lol:

Favre doesn't care whether GB gets a 2nd or 3rd rounder, except maybe he is spiteful and thinks a 3rd sounds better.

He is going to make the decision with his family, I expect the trade details are the farthest thing from his mind.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 08:53 PM

Tyrone, how the hell is there a bidding war? The pack have ceded the final decision to the Brettster.

pbmax
08-06-2008, 08:55 PM
My wishes won't come true if you say it out loud!

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 08:55 PM

Tyrone, how the hell is there a bidding war? The pack have ceded the final decision to the Brettster.

His ego is involved..did u not read what i wrote.

Gunakor
08-06-2008, 08:57 PM

Not anymore, I don't think. At least not in this situatuion. Favre and his family are going to go wherever they feel more comfortable, not to whoever offers the lowest compensation. He's not going to go to a less preferable city just to stick it to TT.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 08:57 PM

sorry, I dismissed your theory as too silly to consider. my bad.

pbmax
08-06-2008, 08:59 PM
There might not have been a bidding war but each team needs to Packers approval to talk to Favre and the Pack could rescind it as long as they were talking to someone.

So there easily could have been a minimum offer level. If they failed that, they could have been shut out.

RashanGary
08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
What happened to all of the Favre lovers that were spamming every thread two days ago?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 09:00 PM

sorry, I dismissed your theory as too silly to consider. my bad.

Silly: really? After the diva act brett has performed. He wants to be asked back, wants to feel special, etc. I don't think it is far fetched.

Do you think the pack would pass on all offers if they are terrible..i think not.

This is like being setup on a blind date. You arent' getting the blind date unless the friend likes you.

If it was your way....the pack would be saying..deal directly with brett. Brett may get to decide where he wants to go..but, it is only a degree...we still have to approve the offer.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 09:01 PM
What happened to all of the Favre lovers that were spamming every thread two days ago?

i think you should allow a decent mourning interval before rubbing salt in the wound, you beast

BallHawk
Tampa, Tampa, Tampa.......

Tyrone Bigguns
There might not have been a bidding war but each team needs to Packers approval to talk to Favre and the Pack could rescind it as long as they were talking to someone.

So there easily could have been a minimum offer level. If they failed that, they could have been shut out.

PBMAX...give me a chance...you and i are on the same page.

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Silly: really? After the diva act brett has performed. He wants to be asked back, wants to feel special, etc. I don't think it is far fetched.

Do you think the pack would pass on all offers if they are terrible..i think not.

OK, it's possible that there is something to your theory. I don't buy it, but can't say for sure.

The pack probably are just in a position to set a minimum acceptable offer, as pbmax said.

At this stage, the Packers are just doing damage control.

Fosco33
08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Me thinks that Simms is going to be a Cowboy and Favre a Buc by Friday-ish.

I'm hoping a 4th (w/ option to move up to 2) and a 6th.

Which to TT, means he can parlay a 4th into a 2 6s and a 7.