PDA

View Full Version : I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF .....

texaspackerbacker
08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
If nothing happens--if we go through tomorrow and the next day and the next, and nothing happens--no trade or whatever.

Favre is back in Mississippi; There's really no incentive for Thompson to push things; Will the Jets or Buccaneers burn up the phone lines calling? I really don't think so.

One week, two weeks, the start of the regular season, is there any harm in having it drag on? None that I can see. I don't see it as a slam dunk that either the Jets or Bucs have their hearts set on trading for Favre, and I'm still convinced that Thompson prefers not to make a trade.

mission
08-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Huh?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Whatever happens...i'm sure the media is to blame. :roll:

gbgary
08-06-2008, 09:13 PM
is there any harm in having it drag on?

yes...a million more questions, a million more distractions, and a million more excuses for a terrible season. end it.......now!!

Harlan Huckleby
08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
you're way off on this one, Tex.

The teams will want Favre in to prepare for the 2nd exhibition game. That means a deal by friday, I'd say tomorrow.

pbmax
08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
If Favre can pass the physical, then he must be allowed to report. Trade or no. And Goodell wants this done. This isn't going to go much longer into the preseason. I am guessing a week, tops.

digitaldean
08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry, Tex I'm not buying it.

The Packers nationally (not locally) are being lambasted for how this is turning out. They won't want this mess to drag out for more than a few days.

Besides, the commish will be breathing down their necks to get this done.

texaspackerbacker
08-06-2008, 10:41 PM
If Favre can pass the physical, then he must be allowed to report. Trade or no. And Goodell wants this done. This isn't going to go much longer into the preseason. I am guessing a week, tops.

Do you really think if Thompson drags his feet, that Brett is going to come BACK to Green Bay? I don't. If he does, they can undoubtedly find some way to keep him sitting--they already diagnosed him with one minor injury. Bottom line is they just use a roster spot, pay him, and let him sit.

The commissioner doesn't like it? Well, BFD! And I think I speak in chorus with Ted Thompson on that.

And if the God damned half-assed national media doesn't like it? Well, EVEN BIGGER FUCKING DEAL!!!. Does ANYBODY really think Thompson cares what those stinking bastards at ESPN think/say?

Did you hear the FUCKING IDIOTS tonight actually claiming the PACKERS are the ones under pressure to make a deal? No fucking way!

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2008, 10:52 PM
So much for this theory.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-06-2008, 10:52 PM
And, once again..you look like an idiot. First, it was brett coming back...now this.

Traded 2nite.

Keep it up..the way you are going Obama is sure to win.

texaspackerbacker
08-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Better to take a stand and look like an idiot once in a while than to be totally lacking in genitalia like you, Tyrone--you little piss ant.

Yes, it looks like I guessed wrong here. Apparently the idea of paying him to sit was more of a negative to Thompson than I thought.

At least Fox broke the news instead of the ESPN imbeciles.

Now I'll go out on a limb and give a new prediction: Favre flops in NYC.

mission
08-06-2008, 11:07 PM

Ya. You're real far out there on the limb with that one ...

LEWCWA
08-07-2008, 02:27 AM
Better to take a stand and look like an idiot once in a while than to be totally lacking in genitalia like you, Tyrone--you little piss ant.

Yes, it looks like I guessed wrong here. Apparently the idea of paying him to sit was more of a negative to Thompson than I thought.

At least Fox broke the news instead of the ESPN imbeciles.

I wouldn't be suprised if you never posted here again, because your wife smoked you cause your an ass

Tarlam!
08-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Lay off of Tex, people. He's got a very consistent attitude on all media things and Packer things.

He's as openly passionate about the Packers as maybe only one other poster here. But Tex's posts are, at very least, legible!

Calling him names or wishing him away is uncalled for. I, for one, hope he always posts here. I may not always agree, but his brand of "truth" is good for this place.

SnakeLH2006
08-07-2008, 04:01 AM
Can't believe this trade went down...TT is holding all his nuts in the A-rod basket....Good luck....At least he has that little boy tied up in his crawlspace to say good shit to him (he wants to live). FUCK YOU TT! WEASEL!!!! Can't believe we traded out ICON who WANTED to play here! :x

vince
08-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Lay off of Tex, people. He's got a very consistent attitude on all media things and Packer things.

He's as openly passionate about the Packers as maybe only one other poster here. But Tex's posts are, at very least, legible!

Calling him names or wishing him away is uncalled for. I, for one, hope he always posts here. I may not always agree, but his brand of "truth" is good for this place.
Tar, your brand of truth too, is good for this place.

Bretsky
08-07-2008, 07:43 AM

agree; no need to hurl direct insults on posters....whether posts seem legible or not

imscott72
08-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Keep it up..the way you are going Obama is sure to win.

That's a good thing my friend.. :wink:

MadtownPacker
08-07-2008, 07:48 AM

Calling him names or wishing him away is uncalled for. I, for one, hope he always posts here. I may not always agree, but his brand of "truth" is good for this place.What?? A TPB detractor?? Ah hell nah!! Dude is like a forum legend. :lol:

Fritz
08-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Can't believe this trade went down...TT is holding all his nuts in the A-rod basket....Good luck....At least he has that little boy tied up in his crawlspace to say good shit to him (he wants to live). FUCK YOU TT! WEASEL!!!! Can't believe we traded out ICON who WANTED to play here! :x

I so, so disagree with you. However, the line above cracked me up.

packrat
08-07-2008, 08:13 AM
The Icon who wouldn't play here because TT hurt his feelings? What kind of toughness is that? I wish him the best, but am delighted TT got value for a guy who was about himself, not the team, pulling exactly the kind of stuff he criticized Javon for.