PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Statement from the Packers about the trade.

Patler
08-06-2008, 11:46 PM
One last shot. Reads like, "He made us do it." Clearly puts the responsibility on Favre for not wanting to play in GB.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/08/06/2/

Bretsky
08-06-2008, 11:47 PM
One last shot. Reads like, "He made us do it." Clearly puts the responsibility on Favre for not wanting to play in GB.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/08/06/2/

We didn't hire that spinster politician for nothing Patler :lol:

NewsBruin
08-06-2008, 11:50 PM
When Brett ultimately decided that he still wanted to play football, but not in Green Bay, we told him that we would work to find the best solution for all parties involved. We wish Brett and his family well.

While I wanted Brett out of Green Bay (for both parties' sake), I really, really wanted him to go to the Bucs. If they could have gotten an equal deal with Tampa Bay, I really believe the Packers would have done that.

I wish Brett an ass-kicking career with the J-E-T-S.

superfan
08-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Personally I think it would have been a better release to not include the part where they were defending themselves. Honor the guy by thanking him for his tremendous contributions to the organization, wish him the best, and move on. IMO that would have been the classier approach.

Jimx29
08-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Personally I think it would have been a better release to not include the part where they were defending themselves. Honor the guy by thanking him for his tremendous contributions to the organization, wish him the best, and move on. IMO that would have been the classier approach.This organization has proven over and over throughout this mess that they are not capable of such things

Patler
08-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Personally I think it would have been a better release to not include the part where they were defending themselves. Honor the guy by thanking him for his tremendous contributions to the organization, wish him the best, and move on. IMO that would have been the classier approach.

That was my initial reaction too. But I can see wanting an official statement from the team answering the question, "Why trade Brett Favre?"

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 12:09 AM

That was my initial reaction too. But I can see wanting an official statement from the team answering the question, "Why trade Brett Favre?"

Exactly. They were going to have to answer to fans asking that at some point, so may as well get it out of the way right from the beginning.

Bretsky
08-07-2008, 12:10 AM

These press releases have a lot of thought into them media wise with sole purpose to let them smell like a Rose....kind of like a well thought out timeline

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2008, 01:07 AM

I agree. The organization has had a lot of mud thrown at it the national media though (there are a lot stations on the radio and on TV that are blaming the organization for this mess), and they've stayed away from the cheap shots publicly, so I can see wanting to put something in there.

SnakeLH2006
08-07-2008, 05:01 AM
:roll: Ari could make touching kids sound ok (sorry TT, I know you are all about that). :lol: