PDA

View Full Version : PACKERS CAN GET A FIRST-ROUND PICK

packers11
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
pft.com

PACKERS CAN GET A FIRST-ROUND PICK

Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2008, 12:51 a.m.
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Packers will receive a first-round pick for quarterback Brett Favre, but only if the Jets win the Super Bowl.

The Packers get a fourth-round pick for Favre. It becomes a third-round pick if Favre takes 50 percent of the snaps. It moves to a second-rounder if Favre participates in 70 percent of the plays and the Jets qualify for the playoffs.

Finally, the pick goes to a first-rounder if Favre takes 80 percent of the snaps and the Jets make it to the Super Bowl.

Of course, if the Jets make it to the Super Bowl, it would be the 31st or 32nd selection in the draft.

Curiously, there’s no evidence yet of any term that would dissuade the Jets from re-trading Favre to another team, such as the Vikings. We would have insisted on something like two first-round picks if the Jets had sent Favre to the Vikings, Bears, or Lions.

BF4MVP
08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Very solid compensation for a 38-year-old QB.

sheepshead
08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
ok enough threads already

digitaldean
08-07-2008, 12:03 AM
If the Jets trade Favre to the Vikings there will be a full scale riot in NY.

It's a PR coup for them.

Nothing is ever 100%, but they would be daft beyond belief if they traded him to Minny.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 12:07 AM
In all probability we get a 3rd round pick in the 75-85 range.

If the Jets play well we get a 2nd round pick in the 52-64 range.

digitaldean
08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
From pft.com

update on trade
UPDATE: We’re hearing that the trade does indeed include terms aimed at blocking a trade of Favre to a team like the Vikings. Stay tuned.
______

Don't know if that clause would stand up to the commish test, but I applaud the Packers' for trying.

packers11
08-07-2008, 12:15 AM
From pft.com

update on trade
UPDATE: We’re hearing that the trade does indeed include terms aimed at blocking a trade of Favre to a team like the Vikings. Stay tuned.
______

Don't know if that clause would stand up to the commish test, but I applaud the Packers' for trying.

Teddy would shit his pants... I'm sure he got the word of the GM that he won't trade him there...

Lurker64
08-07-2008, 12:40 AM
When you look at the schedule for next season, the probability of a second round pick isn't that bad (provided Favre actually plays well).

The Jets play:
6 games in their division, 2 against Miami (very likely to be wins), 2 against New England (very likely to be losses, and 2 against Buffalo (a split is likely.)
The NFC West, likely the weakest division in football, they can win all four of these games.
The AFC West, likely lose to the Chargers and beat everybody else.
Their remaining two games are the Titans (likely loss) and the Bengals (likely win).

So I can see the Jets easily going 11-5 or 10-6 due to their very weak schedule, which would probably guarantee a playoff spot even in the AFC.