PDA

View Full Version : How much longer will Favre play?

Patler
08-07-2008, 12:02 AM
How many more years? I would think the Jets would have wanted some assurance from Favre that he is contemplating more than a single season.

It remains to be seen how effective he will be in a totally new environment, but with just good performances for another 2 years, he will push the career records out to levels that will be difficult for anyone to catch, because they will have to play extremely well until they are 40 to even have a shot at the records. Not too many QBs play that long, let alone that well. As good as Manning's career has been, would he be able to play that long to get there, or will he suffer the typical QB drop of and retirement before then?

bobblehead
08-07-2008, 12:27 AM
6 years and someone has to drag him off the field. Good luck brett.

packers11
08-07-2008, 12:32 AM

Wouldn't it be something if he outlasts the A-Rod era? :wink:

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 12:36 AM

Wouldn't it be something if he outlasts the A-Rod era? :wink:

He'll be playing still when he's 50? First ballot Hall of Famer, inducted in 2024? Yeah, that really would be something.

Sactopackfan
08-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm saying 2-3 years max, but they just might need to drag his ass off the field at some point.

BENZITO
08-07-2008, 12:44 AM
I say he wont even finish this season. If the Jets have a bad start, say 2-5 or something similar i think he looses the desire to play and just quits

Bossman641
08-07-2008, 12:45 AM
I see 1 and done

VegasPackFan
08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I also think one and done. GB is a very special place to play football, and I think Brett wont like the NY scene all that much.

Gunakor
08-07-2008, 12:58 AM
I also think one and done. GB is a very special place to play football, and I think Brett wont like the NY scene all that much.

Technically, it's New Jersey. He doesn't have to live in New York City. I don't think it's quite Green Bay, but it doesn't have to be the bustling city scene. I think he might take to it for a little while.

Patler
08-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Lots of nice rural settings in NJ not far away, but traffic will be a little different than in GB!

MadtownPacker
08-07-2008, 03:08 AM
I'm saying 2-3 years max, but they just might need to drag his ass off the field at some point.Welcome to the forum man. That avatars some funny sheeze.

SnakeLH2006
08-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Favre's a chicken hunter....hunting chickens (sorry me and my buds listening to old Cypress Hill right now doig some drinking)....Who fucking knows...he plays till they drag him off...Physically, he can play with his style till he's 50 with that cannon arm...and in NY, they can't get enough of his personality...WHen Deanna says you fucking Alex Rodriquez's wife it's done.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm saying 2-3 years max, but they just might need to drag his ass off the field at some point.

Hey, did you jack that avatar from the Jets forum? :D

swede
08-07-2008, 09:59 AM
I say he wont even finish this season. If the Jets have a bad start, say 2-5 or something similar i think he looses the desire to play and just quits

I agree. Brett is an emotional guy. In a tight game he has the ability to will his team to victory. When his team is getting beaten soundly he tends to throw shit up in a what the hell kind of way.

Should the Jets falter badly he may simply quit. If he didn't have the desire to finish out a 10+ mil/year contract with the Packers following a 13-3 season I don't think he come back if the Jets miss the playoffs in '08.

Brett treated the Packers as if they were a dysfunctional organization for not behaving as if he were the de facto GM, HC, and team president. New York, he will find, will be no different in that regard.

However, sometimes rotten husbands behave a lot better in their second marriage.

It will be a good sign in Brett's relationship with New York if he picks up his own underwear, empties the dishwasher, and remembers their anniversary.

The Leaper
08-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm going to guess 2 more years. I expect the new setting will energize Favre somewhat. It is the same for anyone when they go to a new job with a new employer.

Things are great for the first 6 months...then you realize that many of the issues you had somewhere else are at your new job as well. Your "gung-ho" attitude soons settles into a "ho-hum" attitude.

I'm expecting Favre to hit that wall hard in 2009...plus injuries eventually are going to happen now that he is nearing 40, and it will take Favre longer to recover from them.

BallHawk
08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Favre will become the new George Blanda.

Get him some kicking classes and he'll be playing for a decade more.